First Look at the Awesome Design of Trump’s Border Wall

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
BeNotDeceived
Agent38

First Look at the Awesome Design of Trump’s Border Wall

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Dude’s a genius :!:

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Re: First Look at the Awesome Design of Trump’s Border Wall

Post by Spaced_Out »

Very good design, now to get congress to approve it..

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

Spaced_Out wrote: December 25th, 2017, 4:25 am Very good design, now to get congress to approve it..
And Mexico to pay for it.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

While Israel has a tried working wall that cost 1/1,000,000 of the price...?

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

This design would work if the boarder were all on a perfectly flat land, which it is not. How is this design ever going to work over mountain or when the boarder reaches the sea?

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

Ain't if funny how some LDS are against this wall, knowing (or perhaps not knowingly), that Captain Moroni did the exact same thing?
READ THE BOOK OF MORMON!

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

gkearney wrote: December 25th, 2017, 3:40 pm
Spaced_Out wrote: December 25th, 2017, 4:25 am Very good design, now to get congress to approve it..
And Mexico to pay for it.
Bummer: Sanctuary City Worried About Losing Funding For Being A Sanctuary City wrote:

“The money hasn’t been released by the federal government and we don’t know if it will be,”
Looks like a good source of funding; let the criminals pay for it. Image

Dubs
captain of 50

Post by Dubs »

LdsMarco wrote: December 29th, 2017, 7:42 am Ain't if funny how some LDS are against this wall, knowing (or perhaps not knowingly), that Captain Moroni did the exact same thing?
READ THE BOOK OF MORMON!
Im not necessarily against the wall, but if you believe the BOM took place in what is now the USA, then we should not build a wall

2 Nephi 1- focus on verse 6 specifically

5 But, said he, notwithstanding our afflictions, we have obtained a land of promise, a land which is choice above all other lands; a land which the Lord God hath covenanted with me should be a land for the inheritance of my seed. Yea, the Lord hath covenanted this land unto me, and to my children forever, and also all those who should be led out of other countries by the hand of the Lord.

6 Wherefore, I, Lehi, prophesy according to the workings of the Spirit which is in me, that there shall none come into this land save they shall be brought by the hand of the Lord.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

Dubs wrote: December 29th, 2017, 9:24 pm
LdsMarco wrote: December 29th, 2017, 7:42 am Ain't if funny how some LDS are against this wall, knowing (or perhaps not knowingly), that Captain Moroni did the exact same thing?
READ THE BOOK OF MORMON!
Im not necessarily against the wall, but if you believe the BOM took place in what is now the USA, then we should not build a wall

5 But, said he, notwithstanding our afflictions, we have obtained a land of promise, a land which is choice above all other lands; a land which the Lord God hath covenanted with me should be a land for the inheritance of my seed. Yea, the Lord hath covenanted this land unto me, and to my children forever, and also all those who should be led out of other countries by the hand of the Lord.

6 Wherefore, I, Lehi, prophesy according to the workings of the Spirit which is in me, that there shall none come into this land save they shall be brought by the hand of the Lord.
I beg to differ. A lot of these refugees and immigrants are not behind brought here by the hand of the Lord. This land is the land of promise and those that live here must follow the commandments and acknowledge the Lord and our Heavenly Father. They are basically an cultural and economic invasion. I'm not saying some aren't but most are. They are not willing to adapt to western civilization and expect us to follow their traditions and religions.

Seems like a decent wall design but it looks like you can just walk through it. I hope they are also adding fencing or concrete on and inbetween those X shapes. I particularly like the solar panels and the tracks for fast mobilization to incident locations.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

How much private property is going to have to be taken by eminent domain to build this?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Sunain wrote: December 30th, 2017, 3:29 pm
READ THE BOOK OF MORMON!

I beg to differ. A lot of these refugees and immigrants are not behind brought here by the hand of the Lord. This land is the land of promise and those that live here must follow the commandments and acknowledge the Lord and our Heavenly Father. They are basically an cultural and economic invasion. I'm not saying some aren't but most are. They are not willing to adapt to western civilization and expect us to follow their traditions and religions.

Seems like a decent wall design but it looks like you can just walk through it. I hope they are also adding fencing or concrete on and inbetween those X shapes. I particularly like the solar panels and the tracks for fast mobilization to incident locations.
By quoting 2nd Nephi above, you're assuming, incorrectly, that the Lord would only ever bring righteous people to the land of promise. You can be assured of the magnitude of your error by remembering that Laman and Lemuel (characters who were active in the very book you've quoted) were brought to this land. The Lord certainly could bring and has brought evil people here to vex the unrighteous who have been so richly blessed.

Dubs
captain of 50

Post by Dubs »

Silver wrote: December 30th, 2017, 4:46 pm
READ THE BOOK OF MORMON!

By quoting 2nd Nephi above, you're assuming, incorrectly, that the Lord would only ever bring righteous people to the land of promise. You can be assured of the magnitude of your error by remembering that Laman and Lemuel (characters who were active in the very book you've quoted) were brought to this land. The Lord certainly could bring and has brought evil people here to vex the unrighteous who have been so richly blessed.
No. You are now implying things. I never once stated or implied only righteous people would be lead here. We all have free agency and God loves his children (wicked or not). You dont understand God's full purpose or methods. You are either calling Lehi a false prophet or dont believe the land he was referring to is the USA...and that is acceptable.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Dubs wrote: December 30th, 2017, 5:10 pm
Silver wrote: December 30th, 2017, 4:46 pm

No. You are now implying things. I never once stated or implied only righteous people would be lead here. We all have free agency and God loves his children (wicked or not). You dont understand God's full purpose or methods. You are either calling Lehi a false prophet or dont believe the land he was referring to is the USA...and that is acceptable.
Hey, Dubs, I was responding to Sunain's post, not yours. My mistake. I thought Sunain misinterpreted the very scripture he quoted, not realizing that it was you who quoted it.

To clarify, thanks for quoting the scriptures. It is Sunain who seems to not understand their full meaning.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

gkearney wrote: December 29th, 2017, 7:26 am This design would work if the boarder were all on a perfectly flat land, which it is not. How is this design ever going to work over mountain or when the boarder reaches the sea?
That's one thing that makes this design so good as the top can gradually adjust over varying terrain. Holes can be drilled, where needed, like those used for utility poles. The actual height above the ground might range from 10 - 40 feet to limit the grade of the track.

I can see this become a light rail with long trains in populous areas, and it will be a great way to transverse scenic vistas over rough terrain. It could extend out into the sea by using materials resistant to salt water. May be a great way to board an ocean liner, etc.

It will revitalize the border, and it's on my list of places to visit next time I go stateside. Those that give up a small bit of property stand to greatly benefit as the area develops.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

gkearney wrote: December 30th, 2017, 4:22 pm How much private property is going to have to be taken by eminent domain to build this?

50 feet is the most common right-of-way for a railroad. Wider sections would better entice private developers to build segments by granting them exclusive concession rights at the train terminals. Mexico may get first shot at paying, or compete with US contractors.

Some sections are obviously more investment worthy now, but connecting cities will play a role i.e. Tucson to El Paso.

Mexico will no doubt want to attract tourists across the border, and stands to profit a great deal. Image
http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=25445 wrote: NJ law allows railroads to acquire by eminent domain a right of way up to 200 feet in width, and wider than that if needed because of terrain, e.g., a deep cut or side of a slope. Some are that width, others are less.
https://www.snopes.com/history/american/gauge.asp wrote: ... The United States standard railroad gauge of 4 feet, 8.5 inches derives from the original specification for an Imperial Roman war chariot. Specifications and bureaucracies live forever. So the next time you are handed a specification and wonder what horse’s @#$ came up with it, you may be exactly right, because the Imperial Roman war chariots were made just wide enough to accommodate the back ends of two war horses. Thus, we have the answer to the original question.

Now the twist to the story . . .

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Seems like a decent wall design but it looks like you can just walk through it. I hope they are also adding fencing or concrete on and in between those X shapes. I particularly like the solar panels and the tracks for fast mobilization to incident locations.
Their refusal to learn English is what bothers me most. 5+ languages are regularly spoken on Saipan and it’s a local law that all signs must include English text, at least as large as any other language.

I’ve been to parts of SLC were nary a sign is in English. :x
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/arts/la-ca-cm-building-type-border-wall-20171231-htmlstory.html wrote:
... According to PennaGroup's summary of the design, the wall would work like a one-way mirror. People on the US side would be able to see through, but those on the Mexico side would not. ...

Thick plexiglass is also bullet proof and may incorporate Radiative Sky Cooling to condense water so the the wall becomes a lush, even tropical, transportation corridor. The space between the sloping sides can also contain sensitive seismic sensors to prevent tunneling, and the plexiglas panels may slide open in case reinforcements are needed to quell any disturbances. The wall is mostly some distance from the actual border. Maybe Mexico would be interested in leasing some of the property on the south side of the wall to pay for it.

Press coverage of this great design is lacking, as they choose to continue knocking the idea as unfeasible. Dude on Fox News, this morning stated “build a 15 foot wall, and they’ll simply use a 15 foot ladder”. What an idiot :P

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

One super machine that can be adapted to the task. 8-)

This video is by the same guy; curious where he gets his info :?:

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

kinda related?!
" “We’re run by the Pentagon, we’re run by Madison Avenue, we’re run by television, and as long as we accept those things and don’t revolt we’ll have to go along with the stream to the eventual avalanche…. As long as we go out and buy stuff, we’re at their mercy… We all live in a little Village. Your Village may be different from other people’s Villages, but we are all prisoners.”

— Patrick McGoohan
" https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/09/20 ... n-village/

panopticon border
https://search.yahoo.co.jp/search?ei=UT ... 0%20border
:arrow:

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

LOOK WHO JUST SHOWED UP WITH $21 BIL FOR IT OVERNIGHT

Post by BeNotDeceived »

LOOK WHO JUST SHOWED UP WITH $21 BIL FOR IT OVERNIGHT

Transcript

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

There's the latest video from LDS WATCHMEN :!: I was happy to see it features this awesome design that is much more than just a wall. None of the 8 contracted prototype wall segments even come close. This one is marked official by a build the wall organization, but others have uploaded it to their youtube channel. Hope it gets due consideration by Trump's team, etc.

The first lines of the transcript show on the preview, but don't display when you try and view it :?:

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

BeNotDeceived wrote: January 6th, 2018, 7:46 pm
There's the latest video from LDS WATCHMEN :!: I was happy to see it features this awesome design that is much more than just a wall. None of the 8 contracted prototype wall segments even come close. This one is marked official by a build the wall organization, but others have uploaded it to their youtube channel. Hope it gets due consideration by Trump's team, etc.

The first lines of the transcript show on the preview, but don't display when you try and view it :?:
COOL!

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

No wall will keep in or out the people that were meant to be on this "land" wherever they may be and who have been around longer than those trying to keep them "out." If/when the wall goes up, it will last only as long as the Lord allows.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Skip the first three minutes to get to the part about the bullet train on the wall.

capctr
captain of 100

Post by capctr »

marc wrote: January 7th, 2018, 9:12 am No wall will keep in or out the people that were meant to be on this "land" wherever they may be and who have been around longer than those trying to keep them "out." If/when the wall goes up, it will last only as long as the Lord allows.
Still, it seems convenient to forget that the wall would keep us in as easily as it keeps “them” out.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

capctr wrote: January 14th, 2018, 1:58 pm
marc wrote: January 7th, 2018, 9:12 am No wall will keep in or out the people that were meant to be on this "land" wherever they may be and who have been around longer than those trying to keep them "out." If/when the wall goes up, it will last only as long as the Lord allows.
Still, it seems convenient to forget that the wall would keep us in as easily as it keeps “them” out.
"Noo!!! I'm trapped! Trapped in the greatest 3.5 million square miles on the Earth!"