SC Decision Will Affect Us All

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Vision
captain of 1,000

Re: SC Decision Will Affect Us All

Post by Vision »

Thinker wrote: December 6th, 2017, 1:57 pm
h_p wrote: December 5th, 2017, 4:25 pm ...people should be free to associate with whomever they please. And not associate with whomever they don't.
Exactly.
Why would anyone want to have government FORCE us to either buy from or sell to anyone, when there are plenty other valid and equally good alternatives?

“Title II of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 -- the federal law which prohibits discrimination by private businesses which are places of public accommodation -- only prevents businesses from refusing service based on race, color, religion, or national origin.”

So essentially- only race and RELIGION are protected. This is why many businesses have signs like, “We reserve the right to refuse service” or “No shirt, no service.” And this is why there are so many businesses to choose from because government hasn’t yet been trying to micromanage them.

To try to force someone to go against their religious views is against the supreme law of the land. Unfortunately, homosexual lobbyists have bullied their way to change the constitution to create homosexual “marriage” as part of it, when marriage is NOT and never was a constitutional right, as several justices pointed out. So essentially it comes down to the original constitution’s supreme law of religious freedom... and the homosexual bullying that decreed homosexuality as the new counterfeit part obtained by cheating. What’s stronger in a court of law: the US constitution or homosexual bullies?
Sex was added in 1974, Familial Status and Disability was added in 1988.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

Vision wrote: December 6th, 2017, 1:50 pm Your a reasonable dude, I hope your a dude, if not dudette. Christianity had it's day in the sun too. The tide is turning and it's hard to witness.
(I'm a dude.)

I know what you mean. I honestly don't think libertarian principles will prevail in this case. The day the SC legalized gay marriage in 2015 was the day I knew the culture war was over, and that we had lost. What we're seeing now is just the mop-up action.

All is proceeding as prophesied.

James-T-Prout
captain of 50

Post by James-T-Prout »

Good morning to you.

This cakeshop case about not wanting to make cakes for gay people has gone all the way to the supreme court.

I heard about this case a few years ago on the national news. There is something strange about this case for the future.

In the book The "Last Days" Timeline that I authored, there were some prophecies about the future of the government of the United States and the 4th Beast of the Gentiles becoming very aggressive and even heavily persecuting those religions that are more fundamental by nature.

The fundamental Christian religions are the ones that get hit the hardest. Including the LDS Church.

The prophecies in this matter start with the next few short feathers after President Donald Trump.

I did a presentation about this topic here:

"What the Scriptures Say About Donald Trump - How Long Will He Last?"

https://www.lastdaystimeline.com/presen ... ras-eagle/

In this presentation, it is stated that the 3 Eagle Heads that rule America from behind the scenes wake up and rule oppressively toward the fundamental Christians and their rights and freedoms are REMOVED. This is the attack upon the Church of God that Nephi saw.

These attacks begin just a few short feather Presidents after Donald Trump.

This is when it happens in the Timeline of the future.

So, more and more cases like the "Christians VS XYZ" will keep coming up and Christians will keep losing their rights to practice the religion of their free choice. The prophecies state that it will happen.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

captainfearnot wrote: December 6th, 2017, 3:05 pm
Thinker wrote: December 6th, 2017, 2:47 pm The US Constitution supersedes all federal and state laws, and all state constitutions
Yes, but how does that apply here?

Are you saying the CAA contradicts the Civil Rights Act or the 1st Amendment?
It's not me saying it:

"The Supremacy Clause (Article VI, Clause 2) of the United States Constitution declares that federal laws are the
"supreme Law of the Land." Hence, state court laws are inferior so long as the federal law is valid
(constitutional)."

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

captainfearnot wrote: December 6th, 2017, 3:28 pm
Thinker wrote: December 6th, 2017, 2:55 pm If this was really about not being discriminatory - then people would be all upset about people who prefer to not wear shirts being denied service.
More like if a store required some customers to wear shirts and shoes in order to receive service but not others. Especially if the determining factor was something like the race, religion, nationality (or—in Colorado at least—the sexual orientation) of the customer.
No, it's not like that at all. The guy who didn't want to service a wedding for a homosexual couple is not servicing a different homosexual couple's wedding. Nor is he servicing someone else who is asking him to go against his religious beliefs. It's not about the specific individuals - it's about his right to religious freedom is being infringed on in trying to force him to help celebrate homosexuality which goes against his religious beliefs. His right is based on the highest law of the land - and doesn't even compare to any little state laws or state constitutions - not even federal laws.

The ONLY reasons a business cannot refuse service is based on "race, color, religion, or national origin.” That leaves many many legally valid reasons businesses CAN refuse service (and btw many reasons customers refuse to shop at places). One of the reasons is non-paying customers, another is people who don't have proper clothing... and a list of other reasons. Of all of the reasons - why is it that some are making a fuss about 1 specific valid reasons, while ignoring all of the others?

And when they make a fuss about it - and try to demand others cater to them despite it infringing on their right to freedom of religion - they are going against the higher law of the land - the US Constitutional 1st amendment.