Are we losing our freedoms?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Are we losing our freedoms?

Post by lundbaek »

"A Christian student who was expelled from university after posting on Facebook in support of Biblical teaching on marriage and sexual ethics has today lost his case in a judicial review of the university’s decision."
http://www.christianconcern.com/our-iss ... n-facebook

This helps me understand why the LDS Church maintains a very low profile on issues like this.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Like the frog in the pot of water coming slowly to a boil, Americans are losing their freedoms at a pace probably well calculated by Satan to keep most of them oblivious to our "awful situation". I have been again reviewing Christopher S. Bentley's book A GLORIOUS STANDARD FOR ALL MANKIND, and I am still amazed at the number and clarity of the statements about the US Constitution and admonitions to learn, uphold, and abide by the Constitution made to members of the LDS Church by the Lord, and by latter-day prophets and apostles. And to think that they were ignored by most who heard and/or read them when they were given.

righteousrepublic
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by righteousrepublic »

To answer the question...do mosquitoes suck blood?

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

lundbaek wrote: November 2nd, 2017, 2:25 pm Like the frog in the pot of water coming slowly to a boil, Americans are losing their freedoms at a pace probably well calculated by Satan to keep most of them oblivious to our "awful situation". I have been again reviewing Christopher S. Bentley's book A GLORIOUS STANDARD FOR ALL MANKIND, and I am still amazed at the number and clarity of the statements about the US Constitution and admonitions to learn, uphold, and abide by the Constitution made to members of the LDS Church by the Lord, and by latter-day prophets and apostles. And to think that they were ignored by most who heard and/or read them when they were given.
The rate of corruption, thievery, and wicked politicians stealing from the country instead of building it up is higher than its ever been. In some cases its worse than what the Romans dealt with, and that's saying a lot.

It would be good if people could get energized to oppose secret combinations...but it would take a lot of people waking up all at once. And unfortunately the cards are stacked against us, because people have waited too long. It's frustrating.

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

It would be good if people could get energized to oppose secret combinations...but it would take a lot of people waking up all at once.

Waking up is still a long way from being United in Spirit and Purpose.

People may 'know' what is right, but when faced with rejection or threat, they most often veer away from solid resistance. It's understandable.

At this point in our 'awful situation', I think we are past the possibility of an open fight even if we were absolutely United in Purpose. We could easily be brought into submission with modern technology - as in part, we already are.

Many of us are being 'tested' in our personal lives to the extent there is NO one or NO where to turn for succor other than to the LORD. Perhaps that is how we will gain the spiritual knowledge and strength to face even more challenges as the future unfolds. President Nelson's new direction in seeing to the needs of those around us rather than simply 'keeping score' of the jots & tittles is how we will survive to witness ZION in the flesh.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

What freedoms do you all feel/experience the loss of ? Right now and for some years I have been feeling the loss of property in the form of money, which is being depreciated in value by the actions of the Fed. I also note conditions which I believe are preventing LDS Church authorities from speaking out as they did in past about secret combinations and the importance of the US Constitution. How about the rest of you ?

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Another item indicating we're well on the road to subjugation is the deterioration of our voting system. With relatively no way to check the total votes entered by electronic voting (tying each vote to a real, eligible person), we've lost our election process. This is made even worse in Utah by allowing the citizens to mail in their ballots at any time during a certain time slot.

Realizing this has had a lot to do with my tendency to withdraw from the system.

righteousrepublic
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by righteousrepublic »

Jack Monnett History of Secret Combinations - BYU Freedom Society