Most of our current problems can be traced back to Bill Clinton

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Most of our current problems can be traced back to Bill Clinton

Post by markharr »

Racial animosity due to high incarceration rates for minorities.

The federal and state prison populations rose more under former President Bill Clinton than under any other president, according to a report from a criminal justice institute to be released today.

In fact, the analysis of U.S. Justice Department statistics by the left-leaning Justice Policy Institute, a project of a San Francisco-based justice center, found that more federal inmates were added to prisons under Clinton than under presidents George Bush and Ronald Reagan combined.

"I remember thinking when Bill Clinton got elected that we would have a chance to turn things around," said Vincent Schiraldi, president of the institute, a project of the Center for Juvenile and Criminal Justice. "But I think we read the tea leaves wrong."
http://articles.latimes.com/2001/feb/19/news/mn-27373

The economic crisis.

As “Inside Job” director Charles Ferguson put it, “There was a kind of inflection point during the five-year period between 1997 and 2003 — the late Clinton and/or early Bush administration — when all the rules just went away. You went from a period, a regime, where people did have at least some concern about going to jail, to a point where everything is legal, and derivatives couldn’t be regulated at all and nobody went to jail for anything. And looking back I would say that this period definitely started under Clinton. You absolutely cannot blame this on George W. Bush.”
http://www.salon.com/2012/09/14/clinton ... eral_hero/
The private sector cannot survive in negative territory. It cannot go on, year after year, spending more than its income. It is not like the US government. It cannot support rising indebtedness in perpetuity. It is not a currency issuer. Eventually, something will give. And when it does, the private sector will retrench, the economy will contract, and the government's budget will move back into deficit.
Economist Stephanie Kelton

"The Untold Story Of How Clinton's Budget Destroyed The American Economy"

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-bill ... omy-2012-9

Extraordinary rendition

A true story: Several years ago, the CIA informed the White House counterterrorism adviser that it had located a wanted Islamic terrorist and requested White House guidance for how to proceed. The counterterrorism adviser recommended “extraordinary rendition” — snatching the terrorist in a covert operation and secretly whisking him away for interrogation in a foreign country. A White House lawyer demanded a meeting with the president to argue that this would be a violation of international law. In the Oval Office, the lawyer and the counterterrorism adviser argued their cases, when suddenly the vice president walked in. Hearing the lawyer’s objections, he said: “Of course it’s a violation of international law, that’s why it’s a covert action. The guy is a terrorist. Go grab his a**.’ ” The rendition was authorized.

The vice president in question was not Dick Cheney, nor was the president George W. Bush. Rather, they men who decided to carry out the first extraordinary rendition of a terrorist target — over the legal objections of the White House counsel’s office — were Al Gore and Bill Clinton, according a description of the meeting by the counterterrorism adviser, Richard Clarke, in his memoir, “Against All Enemies.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ ... story.html

Free trades impact on American employment

When the North American Free Trade Agreement was first signed in 1994, proponents said it would eventually create jobs for the U.S. economy.

17 years later, a new report estimates, the American worker only has hundreds of thousands of job losses to show for it.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/1 ... 59983.html

The war on terror, and the resulting mess in the middle east.

Richard Miniter’s new book, “Losing bin Laden: How Bill Clinton’s Failures Unleashed Global Terror,” tells the sad, infuriating history of the number of opportunities President Clinton had to capture and imprison or kill the terrorist Osama bin Laden. Instead, we are still hunting. Bin Laden is still at large and alive enough to sponsor and concoct the details of the worst attack on America in our history — the destruction of the World Trade Center and the bombing of the Pentagon. What other horrors he is planning we do not know, simply because he is still uncaptured.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/200 ... /?page=all

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Most of our current problems can be traced back to Bill Clinton

Post by lundbaek »

I do not believe that Bin Laden is alive and still at large. Sources I consider reliable had him dead from kidney failure years ago. And I have a totally different perspective on who the persons are who are responsible for 911. I agree that Bill Clinton did considerable damage to the USA, and I believe that his mission from the PTB was to just that. I consider ChinaGate as perhaps his worst act of treason.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

This is absolutely true. Clinton(s) started and spearheaded much of the treachery to bring down America.

GATT and NAFTA which took out our whole middle class and also our manufacturing, all are traced to the source of this. And both GATT treaty and NAFTA were propelled and put in place during Clinton's presidency. People can't really get how bad things are just from those two events, even when you tell them they don't get it. I don't understand why people aren't using public outcry over all the stuff the Clintons together did. They are the worst plague to hit our country in existence.

Did you know during Bill Clinton's presidency, he sold off our national emergency food storage? And historically our country had needed that in hard times. We still discover things he did that were assonine all the time.

We don't really have a middle class now. We perceive our poor middle class borderline as a middle class, but it's actually the top of the poor class with both spouses working to compensate and paint and illusion of more than poor while the dollar has lost value.

As long as they don't punish these people, we won't learn from our mistakes.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I fault not only Clintons and the PTB, but also all those Americans who failed to awake to our "awful situation" and do what they could to prevent the damage they did.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

His policies made banks make bad loans until the housing bubble exploded. X(

OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Post by OCDMOM »

He also gave nuclear power to North Korea.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

OCDMOM wrote: August 8th, 2017, 9:07 pm He also gave nuclear power to North Korea.

I forgot to add that one in, and that's what inspired this thread.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

"But", continued the messenger, thou beholdest a change. Confidence is lost, wealth is arrayed against labor, labor against wealth, yet the land abounds in plenty of food and raiment, and silver and gold in abundance. Thou seest also the letters written by a Jew have wrought a great confusion in the finance of the nation; which together with the policy of many wealthy ones, has produced distress and do produce further sorrows."

Factions now sprang up as if by magic. Capital had entrenched itself against labor, and throughout the land labor was organized in opposition to capital. The voice of the wise sought to tranquilize their powerful factors in vain. Excited multitudes ran wildly about, strikes increased, lawlessness sought a place in the regular government.

This was written in 1893, 100 years later and Mrs Clinton ran the white house..... hehehe

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

I was looking at some very recent news articles like on youtube and conservative news, infowars, etc.

You know it looks like it's picking up speed that they will possibly persecute Hillary at least. But the problem is it looks like they are going to try to close the lid down on her so quick with some kind of quick settlement that it will be on some minor offenses and the full extent of her treachery won't be allowed to be aired. That really bothers me. The crimes of the clintons are so big and so many that if they only prosecute it as breach of security protocols instead of running a secret government, and so on with everything else that it will end up as a slap on the wrist. It will probably also be some lame punishment like 2 years house arrest in her own home...

Which won't be a punishment at all.

And if it ends up like that then nothing will change because she'll be thinking,...and everyone else too involved in the same schemes...'wow I only got like 2 years house arrest instead of the firing squad. I'll be laughing all the way to the bank'. That won't stop anyone from repeating the same thing. And it will be like a slap on the wrist. Nobody will take the deterrents seriously with stupid punishments, and fearing what others might think while prosecuting her which will partly cause this. And it won't do any good to the American people to see that the rule of law doesn't exist for elites, which it doesn't...but at some point that will make them think they want to be exempt too as a people.

Back in the Book of Mormon there was a reason they hanged Zemnariah by the neck until dead on that cursed tree. They were AFRAID. And they had reason to be. They knew they had to put a stop to it, not just by going after the person but by showing an example.