We are no longer a nation of truth or laws

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Dlight
captain of 100

We are no longer a nation of truth or laws

Post by Dlight »

Alma 10:27 27 And now behold, I say unto you, that the foundation of the destruction of this people is beginning to be laid by the unrighteousness of your lawyers and your judges.

Thomas Jefferson saw the threat of the judicial system:

“Our Constitution . . . intending to establish three departments, co-ordinate and independent that they might check and balance one another.... The Constitution, on this hypothesis, is a mere thing of wax in the hands of the judiciary, which they may twist and shape into any form they please.”

“The great object of my fear is the Federal Judiciary. That body, like gravity, ever acting with noiseless foot and unalarming advance, gaining ground step by step and holding what it gains, is engulfing insidiously the special governments into the jaws of that which feeds them.”

We are no longer a nation of laws.

Yes we have a lot of laws, but we don't enforce many of them and the meanings and interpretations of laws are i a seeming fluid state of change, reinterpreted by activist judges according to the popular thoughts and sentiments of the day. It's almost like everything is in a state of flux.

We increasingly rely on judges to interpret the law and tell us what is constitutional or not. Moe and moe it seems like the new rulings of today's judges are the exact opposite of rulings from 30 + years ago.

We are losing our hold on any truth in our society, the meaning of just about everything is up for debate. This goes beyond just law but goes into basic science, and really any aspect of reality. Name any tenant or basic principle of what you consider to be truth, historically or scientifically and I can likely point you to a group who questions that truth.

Shape of the Earth, Historical Accounts, Health Sciences, even the meaning of gender... everything is being twisted!

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Re: We are no longer a nation of truth or laws

Post by Durzan »

I'd defininitely agree with the statement that everything is being twisted.

Rumpelstiltskin
captain of 1,000

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

We stopped being a nation of truth and laws a long time ago. We are controlled by the Gadiantons.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Rumpelstiltskin wrote:We stopped being a nation of truth and laws a long time ago. We are controlled by the Gadiantons.
Do you think the Gadiantons control the current occupant of the White House?

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I fear the gadiantons will gain control of Trump thru many of the people he has brought into his cabinet and other advisory positions. I believe Trump is not yet awakened to our true "awful situation". But then, Trump is not under a doctrinal imperative to awake to our "awful situation", as are members of the LDS Church.

Rumpelstiltskin
captain of 1,000

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

Silver wrote:
Rumpelstiltskin wrote:We stopped being a nation of truth and laws a long time ago. We are controlled by the Gadiantons.
Nope. For that very reason, I think Pres. Trump will not survive very long.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Rumpelstiltskin wrote:
Silver wrote:
Nope. For that very reason, I think Pres. Trump will not survive very long.
Then why has he selected/appointed/nominated individuals who, if they aren't Gadiantons, are puppets of the Gadiantons?

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

lundbaek wrote: February 24th, 2017, 5:51 pm I fear the gadiantons will gain control of Trump thru many of the people he has brought into his cabinet and other advisory positions. I believe Trump is not yet awakened to our true "awful situation". But then, Trump is not under a doctrinal imperative to awake to our "awful situation", as are members of the LDS Church.
Hillary was the system, the globalism, the corruption, the "demon" (to quote Alex Jones) who wanted to rip apart your country for her own personal gain.
Trump might not be perfect but if anyone is going to steer you into a better direction it's him.
And there's something interesting about Trump and Conservatism, it's how it's basically become the new counterculture.
The newest Generation (Gen Z) is far more conservative then Millennials, this mad social justice has had people pushing back against it.
Like look at this;
http://louderwithcrowder.com/planned-pa ... -pushback/
Did you ever think young people would push back against the insane left? I didn't that's for sure... But it's happening.
People want traditional families, people don't want feminist harpies ruining everything and policing the world.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Sirocco wrote: March 1st, 2017, 9:48 am
lundbaek wrote: February 24th, 2017, 5:51 pm I fear the gadiantons will gain control of Trump thru many of the people he has brought into his cabinet and other advisory positions. I believe Trump is not yet awakened to our true "awful situation". But then, Trump is not under a doctrinal imperative to awake to our "awful situation", as are members of the LDS Church.
Hillary was the system, the globalism, the corruption, the "demon" (to quote Alex Jones) who wanted to rip apart your country for her own personal gain.
Trump might not be perfect but if anyone is going to steer you into a better direction it's him.
And there's something interesting about Trump and Conservatism, it's how it's basically become the new counterculture.
The newest Generation (Gen Z) is far more conservative then Millennials, this mad social justice has had people pushing back against it.
Like look at this;
http://louderwithcrowder.com/planned-pa ... -pushback/
Did you ever think young people would push back against the insane left? I didn't that's for sure... But it's happening.
People want traditional families, people don't want feminist harpies ruining everything and policing the world.
Excellent Sirocco! :ymparty:

The election was corrupt status quo VS. change.

Toto
captain of 1,000

Post by Toto »

Name any tenant or basic principle of what you consider to be truth, historically or scientifically and I can likely point you to a group who questions that truth.
Truth is a mushy hydra-headed word. Everyone disputes its meaning. I prefer fully integrated honesty as the key that opens the door to reality.

From that viewpoint, everything about the current system of law looks like an inversion reality so detached from natural laws its objectives can lead only to the loss of free agency, abundance, and eternal progression; Led by career politicians, lawyers and judges with no honor, glory, or dignity through a bizarrely irrational transfer of our value production to a handful of elite who worship Lucifer, as Christians worship Christ, for obscene unearned power and glory obtained not by producing values, but by usurping and draining imaginary trillions via a fictional mind-created false economy designed to rob us of the wealth derived from our productive efforts; the power to produce beyond our needs to provide savings for the future protection of ourselves and families, while ravaging entire industries, businesses, and professions.

We used to have objective laws organized in a constitution, but we’re not using it anymore. What an awful situation!

But what if we dedicated ourselves to a human culture? What if we enforced the Constitution because it’s a pretty fine document? What if we turned the mind-created false economy into a sound monetary system based on natural law so it returned an investment? What if people flipped their psychology and became productive in a system of free market capitalism, free of usurpation, rather than the prospects of a micro-chipped population that can be turned off from command central, and advance to a society of humanity instead of slavery and eternal damnation?

That could be really cool!

But I expect the friend of paper money would disagree, and I’m not getting paid any Thing for my value production and I’m starting to get a little sweaty; Not because of my hard labor, but the heat building up as we get closer to the end of the road we are traveling. :-s

Toto
captain of 1,000

Post by Toto »

Does the government work for us, or do we work for the government?

What if the Constitution no longer applied?

What if the whole purpose of the Constitution was to limit the government?

What if congresses powers enumerated in the Constitution no longer limited Congress but were actually used as a justification to extend congresses authority over every realm of human life?

What if the President, meant to be an equal to Congress, has instead become a democratically elected term limited monarch?

What if the President assumed that everything he did was legal just because he’s the President?

What if he could interrupt your regularly scheduled radio and tell-a-vision programing for a special message from him?

What if he could declare war on his own?

What if he could read your emails and texts without a search warrant?

What if he could kill you without warning?

What if Supreme Court Justices no longer looked to the Constitution to determine the constitutionality of a law but rather simply to what justice’s preceded them thought about it?

What if the rights and principles guaranteed in the Constitution had been so distorted in the past 200 years as to be unrecognizable by the founders?

What if the fifty states were no longer sovereign entities equal to each other, and parents of the federal government they voluntarily constituted?

What if the states were mere provinces of the totally nationalized and fully centralized government?
What if the Constitution was amended by stealth, not by constitutional amendment duly ratified by the states, but by the constant expansion of the Federal Governments role in our lives?

What if the Federal Government decided if its own powers were proper and constitutional?

What if the Constitution were no longer the supreme law of the land?

What if you needed a license from the government to speak, to assemble, or to protest against the government?

What if the government didn’t like what you planned to say until it didn’t give you the license?
What if the right to keep and bear arms only applies to the government?

What if posse comitatus, the federal law that prohibits our military from occupying our streets where no longer in effect?

What if the government considered the military an adequate dispenser of domestic law enforcement?

What if cops looked and acted like troops and you couldn’t distinguish the military from the police?

What if you were not secure in your person, in your papers, and in your property?

What if Federal agents could write their own search warrants in defiance of the Constitution?

What if the government could decide when you were and were not entitled to a jury trial?

What if the government could take your property whenever it wanted?

What if the government could continue prosecuting you until it got the verdict it wanted?

What if the government could force you to testify against yourself, simply by labeling you a domestic terrorist?

What if the government could torture you until you said what the government wanted to hear?

What if people running for President actually supported torture?

What if the government tortured your children to get to you?

What if government judges and lawyers intimidated juries into convicting the innocent?

What if the government could send you to your death and your innocence meant nothing so long as the government’s procedures were followed?

What if America’s prison population, the largest in the world, was a cruel and unusual way for a country to be free?

What if half the prison population never harmed anyone but themselves?

What if the People had no rights except those the government chose to let them have?

What if the states had no rights except what the Federal Government demanded?

What if our elected officials didn’t live among us but instead all had their hearts and homes in Washington D.C.?

What if the government can strip you of your rights because of where your mother was when you were born?

What if the income tax was unconstitutional?

What if the states were convinced to give up their representation in Congress?

What if the government tried to ban you from using a substance in your body that is older than the government itself?

What if voting didn’t mean anything anymore because both political parties stand for big government?

What if the government could write any law, regulate any behavior, or tax any event, the Constitution be damned?

What if the government was the reason we don’t have a Constitution anymore?

What if you could love your country but hate what the government has done to it?

What if sometimes to love your country you had to alter or abolish the government?

What if Jefferson was right?

What if that government is best that governs least?

What if I’m right? What if the government is wrong?

What if it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong?

What if it is better to perish fighting for freedom than to live as a slave?

What if freedoms greatest hour of danger is now?

What if freedoms greatest hour of danger was yesterday, and we did nothing about it?

What if you found yourself at the pearly gates and realized you threw away the key?

What would you do then?

What will you do now?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Excellent, Toto. All the right questions.