What non-Americans fail to realize about the Promised Land

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Sirocco
Praise Me!

Re: What non-Americans fail to realize about the Promised Land

Post by Sirocco »

Robin Hood wrote:
Sirocco wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:
lundbaek wrote:Robin Hood, your hatred and resentment of Americans came across stronger than usual this time.

I don't hate anyone. My son-in-law is American and he's great.
Most Americans I know are very nice people. But what you seem to be saying is that it's ok for anti-British sentiment to be continually aimed at me on this forum, but I can't generalise in the same way?
Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander my friend.
It's cause you lost the war against them and we didn't :))
I think you'll find you had some help ;)
But where were you guys in '76?
Be that as it may we still won.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

And let's not forget the SLC Olympic hockey final. :)

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Robin Hood wrote:
freedomforall wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:
Torquemada wrote:Doing my personal genealogy helped me to realize that America is indeed the promised land. My European ancestors generally lived about 50 to 60 years and lost 1/2 of their children. As soon as they set foot on the North American continent their life spans jump 20 to 30 years and infant mortality drops to about 10%. One ancestor was born in 1588 London and died 106 year later in Boston.

I was able to follow certain lines that remained in England and one line that ended up in Australia and their life spans didn't improve any at all until the 1940s. Some of my English ancestors died in the infamous workhouses, no doubt worked and starved to death. Life must have been rough in Europe and Australia.

All of my ancestors that made the crossing did so because of fleeing religious persecution. Swiss Anabaptists, English Puritans, French Huguenots, English Mormons and Dutch Jews. Only one came for monetary reasons. He was granted 2000 acres by the crown and had over 200 slaves and not all were of African origins. Some were Irish slaves.
The life expectancy of Americans is lower than many other countries, and the US position in the infant mortality league table is a national disgrace.
So where does that leave your logic?

As for the US constitution, I'm very happy that you guys like it and want it to remain and thrive. So it should. It is a very good system.
It's of no interest to me though as we have our own system which has served us well for 1,000 years or so.
Ya, it served you so well that all the Brits turned in their guns like good little kids at the whim of this wonderful government of England, a move that many Brits now regret.
Is this what Americans truly want, to be thrown in prison for defending themselves?

A Brit tells reporters concerning Americans, "your Constitution matters, your freedom matters."
What a load of bo**cks!
They're a bunch of toffs protesting about the abolition of fox hunting with hounds.
They're still allowed to shoot foxes (you know, with guns), they're just not allowed to chase them to exhaustion and then have the hounds rip the live and terrified fox to pieces in a frenzy of blood lust.
By posting this and claiming it is about guns you demonstrate perfectly the two most well known American traits - ignorance and arrogance.
Only by looking in a mirror can one see perfectly how arrogance and ignorance is bred. I really doubt you watched the whole video. You missed the part of how a guy got thrown into prison for defending himself in his own home. Ya, this was all about fox hunting, right? You're real funny.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

Robin Hood wrote:And let's not forget the SLC Olympic hockey final. :)
That was beautiful! Men and Women's! Repeated in 2010 for good measure!
(We also got the most gold medals won at a Winter Olympics, just to make it sting for them, wish we did that in the US but it was nice to be so victorious in Canada).
The US was so bitter about that first loss... it was a shame the 3rd rematch hasn't happened, they got beat by Sweden so we had to beat them for the gold in 2014.

On topic, the US really hasn't shown me anything special, it's like a less friendly version of Canada, with less trees and more... unhappiness, guns and hatred.
You people hate a lot of things.
Hating things doesn't make you great, nor does blaming groups of people, Satan, opposite political parties, religions...
Just because someone says your great doesn't make it so.
I have a lot of beef with Canada but I, for better or worse, see it as my home and am glad to live here.
You guys got the south, all we have is Alberta and Quebec (or Ontario if you live in Alberta or Quebec)

Torquemada
captain of 100

Post by Torquemada »

Sirocco wrote:
(We also got the most gold medals won at a Winter Olympics, just to make it sting for them, wish we did that in the US but it was nice to be so victorious in Canada).
The US was so bitter about that first loss... it was a shame the 3rd rematch hasn't happened, they got beat by Sweden so we had to beat them for the gold in 2014.

On topic, the US really hasn't shown me anything special, it's like a less friendly version of Canada, with less trees and more... unhappiness, guns and hatred.
Hating things doesn't make you great, nor does blaming groups of people, Satan, opposite political parties, religions...
I have a lot of beef with Canada but I, for better or worse, see it as my home and am glad to live here.
You guys got the south, all we have is Alberta and Quebec (or Ontario if you live in Alberta or Quebec)
Having lived in a number of different cultures (Asia, Latin America, USA and the United Order) American culture has degenerated since the 1950s to the point that it's my 2nd least favorite. The Netherlands is my least favorite, they have one up on coldness and aloofness. I'm 1/2 Dutch but they can see my Native American ancestry there and are quite racist. The united order or more like a semi united order was the best. It was a wonderful way to grow up.

Sorry to say the USA is a "has been" nation resting upon the laurels of it's past. This is due to the general moral breakdown of it's people.

light-one
captain of 100

Post by light-one »

Torquemada wrote:
Sirocco wrote:

Having lived in a number of different cultures (Asia, Latin America, USA and the United Order) American culture has degenerated since the 1950s to the point that it's my 2nd least favorite. The Netherlands is my least favorite, they have one up on coldness and aloofness. I'm 1/2 Dutch but they can see my Native American ancestry there and are quite racist. The united order or more like a semi united order was the best. It was a wonderful way to grow up.

Sorry to say the USA is a "has been" nation resting upon the laurels of it's past. This is due to the general moral breakdown of it's people.
The Prince of Darkness, previously known as Son of the morning is our President. Polls show that 47% of the population are satisfied and want a repeat with the HillaBeast. We have fallen a long way and the worst is yet to come. The bodies of the dead will stink, but some of us on this forum will build Zion.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

Torquemada wrote:
Sirocco wrote:

I think the worst problem is people don't know how to make friends with anyone, I know a lot of people who are quite alone, was that a thing back in the day?
I doubt it.
Gay or straight, most people are cold, cruel and selfish human beings.
I'm plenty selfish too but I have to be, I'd not survive out there.
There's a reason my generation don't seem to want to get married, I don't want to get married, I'd be better off playing Russian roulette in this day and age.
Like the 1950s, only certain people benefit from change, though my generation will have you believe everyone does.

Torquemada
captain of 100

Post by Torquemada »

Ezra wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:
Torquemada wrote:Doing my personal genealogy helped me to realize that America is indeed the promised land. My European ancestors generally lived about 50 to 60 years and lost 1/2 of their children. As soon as they set foot on the North American continent their life spans jump 20 to 30 years and infant mortality drops to about 10%. One ancestor was born in 1588 London and died 106 year later in Boston.

I was able to follow certain lines that remained in England and one line that ended up in Australia and their life spans didn't improve any at all until the 1940s. Some of my English ancestors died in the infamous workhouses, no doubt worked and starved to death. Life must have been rough in Europe and Australia.

All of my ancestors that made the crossing did so because of fleeing religious persecution. Swiss Anabaptists, English Puritans, French Huguenots, English Mormons and Dutch Jews. Only one came for monetary reasons. He was granted 2000 acres by the crown and had over 200 slaves and not all were of African origins. Some were Irish slaves.
The life expectancy of Americans is lower than many other countries, and the US position in the infant mortality league table is a national disgrace.
So where does that leave your logic?

As for the US constitution, I'm very happy that you guys like it and want it to remain and thrive. So it should. It is a very good system.
It's of no interest to me though as we have our own system which has served us well for 1,000 years or so.

Satan works hardest on his biggest threat.

He has in the USA convinced the ignorant masses to have their children born in hospitals. No other country has the amount of baby's born in hospitals. No other country has as many pitocen enduced labor or epidurals and there for complications and c-sections and infant deaths.
It's all about money isn't i?. One gynecologist I ran across only worked only on M-W-F and it was all C-sections. Have they no pity on their patients? No, C-sections and all the extras make them a lot more money.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

That's what happens when you don't have free health care.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

Deleted
Last edited by Spaced_Out on January 11th, 2016, 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Sirocco wrote:That's what happens when you don't have free health care.
Free healthcare at the expense of citizens via government, legalized plunder is more likely. Free....eh!

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

freedomforall wrote:
Free healthcare at the expense of citizens via government, legalized plunder is more likely. Free....eh!
I think it is right for you guys to be completely free to be continually ripped off by healthcare providers, doctors, pharmacutical manufacturers, and especially insurance companies.
The entire rest of the developed world disagrees with you and does it a different way, but you guys are right and everyone else is wrong.
There's a word for that; I think I used it in an earlier post.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

freedomforall wrote:
Except people want to pay those taxes for it.
No one here argues to make it your way, you just assume since Americans argue against it, Canadians feel the same way, when you are very wrong.
You guys get ripped off (as someone had noted above) and are a-okay with it, because it doesn't matter until it's you, Americans have a very uncaring attitude about their fellow man, masked in that whole "oh stealing from citizens" when you already pay taxes anyways.

It's not plunder when a nation wants it.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

Robin Hood wrote:
freedomforall wrote:
I think it is right for you guys to be completely free to be continually ripped off by healthcare providers, doctors, pharmacutical manufacturers, and especially insurance companies.
The entire rest of the developed world disagrees with you and does it a different way, but you guys are right and everyone else is wrong.
There's no reasoning with them lol

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Sirocco wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:
freedomforall wrote:
There's no reasoning with them lol
Yeah, they just don't get it.
I was at a wedding recently and got talking to a fellow guest during the reception. He was American, married to an English woman. They had lived in the US for a while but now live here. He works in the medical profession.
He told me that having worked in medical systems of both countries the NHS is way better than the US system in almost every respect; and for that reason he has no plans to ever return to the US.
No system is perfect, but I do believe that universal healthcare is the best way.

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

Mexico does it in a hybridized system. No one is required to go with health insurance, public, or private. Even the private plans are cheaper than the private plans offered in the States pre Obamacare (imagine post Obamacare)

The government workers are signed onto ISSSTE (public health care for government workers) and they pay taxes into it. Many workers (even those at 5 dollars a day) are offered IMSS (public health care for private sector workers) or Seguro Popular (public health care for private sector workers that are not covered by IMSS). There are many private options available too.

You only pay taxes to public healthcare if you choose the public option. If you choose private your "taxes" would be sent to the insurance company.

I had a periodontal infection which was taken care of with 400 pesos (around 24 USD) on my private plan. The same treatment in the USA with insurance where I lived was 800 USD (without well over a couple thousand).

You can brag about not having public options to health insurance. But when it really comes down to serious issues I would rather pay 1000 pesos (around 60 USD) than 10000 dollars.

That is why the rest of the world sees the USA much as the poster Torquemada and the posters Sirocco and Robin Hood see it. The first poster referred to the USA as a has been nation. Not that far from the truth.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

Robin Hood wrote:The entire rest of the developed world disagrees with you and does it a different way, but you guys are right and everyone else is wrong.
Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

;-)

(Just a joke, I know most places disagree with us. I still believe, however, most people in this country would be better off with NO - ZIP - ZERO government in health care.)

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

skmo wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:The entire rest of the developed world disagrees with you and does it a different way, but you guys are right and everyone else is wrong.

;-)

(Just a joke, I know most places disagree with us. I still believe, however, most people in this country would be better off with NO - ZIP - ZERO government in health care.)
Why?

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

samizdat wrote:Mexico does it in a hybridized system. No one is required to go with health insurance, public, or private. Even the private plans are cheaper than the private plans offered in the States pre Obamacare (imagine post Obamacare)

The government workers are signed onto ISSSTE (public health care for government workers) and they pay taxes into it. Many workers (even those at 5 dollars a day) are offered IMSS (public health care for private sector workers) or Seguro Popular (public health care for private sector workers that are not covered by IMSS). There are many private options available too.

You only pay taxes to public healthcare if you choose the public option. If you choose private your "taxes" would be sent to the insurance company.

I had a periodontal infection which was taken care of with 400 pesos (around 24 USD) on my private plan. The same treatment in the USA with insurance where I lived was 800 USD (without well over a couple thousand).

You can brag about not having public options to health insurance. But when it really comes down to serious issues I would rather pay 1000 pesos (around 60 USD) than 10000 dollars.

That is why the rest of the world sees the USA much as the poster Torquemada and the posters Sirocco and Robin Hood see it. The first poster referred to the USA as a has been nation. Not that far from the truth.
I heard a debate about having that here (or something similar, two tiered health care) I don't think it took off, but I remember hearing about it.
And yeah I liked not having to pay money anything when I crushed my finger, that's why I pay taxes, so I have that knowledge in the back of my mind if I do get hurt or something it's there.
Now I've only actually gone to the hospital once in my life (been to the Dentist far more), but I am glad my country cares more about its citizens to give their tax money to the health care system then to the army to drop fire on Arab people.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

skmo wrote:

;-)

I lived in Canada for awhile had universal health care. I used it 0 times.
I've lived in the USA the rest of the time and have used the medical industry all of maybe 5 times. Got a peice of metal in my eye from grinding even though I was wearing safety glasses. And had strept throat a few times.
Then i learned about the wow. And also holistic natural remedies. And I have never looked back.

The American medical industry kills close to half a million people every year. Anyone know what the number of deaths there are every year in Canada or the EU or South America that are due to medical industry?

I find it funny that anyone is defending the medical community's when thy cause so many deaths through mistakes and horrible practices.

Like how many infant deaths happen every year in the USA from the practice of pitocen enduced labor.

As the scriptures say.

3 Nephi 27:11
But if it be not built upon my gospel, and is built upon the works of men, or upon the works of the devil, verily I say unto you they have joy in their works for a season and by and by the end cometh, and they are hewn down and cast into the fire, from whence there is no return.

As the medical industry has continued to put down the miracles of God and continued to lean on their own wisdom and learnings as the scriptures say is the stumbleing block of the Gentiles 2 nephi 26:20. they have continued to seperate themselfs from God. And that's why we see so many deaths due to the medical industry negligence.

I don't think God will continue to bless the medical industry when the medical industry is who is killing so many of his children and aborting and killing his babys

light-one
captain of 100

Post by light-one »

skmo wrote:

;-)

Charity, or the voluntary giving of one's own resources to help another, is described as the pure love of Christ.
The polar opposite of charity is socialism wherein a gun is placed against the temple of the giver and he is threatened with arrest or death if he does not give some or all of his resources to help a stranger.

Many Apostles and Prophets have declared in plain terms that socialism is of the devil.

Anyone that thinks Obamacare is a good idea is calling the Prophets and Apostles liars. Actually, all LDS supporters of this theft should be excommunicated immediately for this very reason. Jesus stood for self-reliance and freedom, neither of which are present in Obamacare.

This issue is black and white. There are zero areas of gray. The prophets have spoken.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

David O. McKay, Marion G. Romney, Ezra Taft Benson, and Howard W. Hunter probably gave the strongest warnings against socialism. Their statements to that effcct can be found most easily on Pages 99, 108, 112, 128, 138 & 141 of A GLORIOUS STANDARD FOR ALL MANKIND by Christopher S. Bentley.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

light-one wrote:
Anyone that thinks Obamacare is a good idea is calling the Prophets and Apostles liars. Actually, all LDS supporters of this theft should be excommunicated immediately........
What complete and utter nonsense!

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Any Latter-day Saint who understands ObamaCare and thinks it is a good program is certainly not aware of the warnings that David O. McKay, Marion G. Romney, Ezra Taft Benson, and Howard W. Hunter gave against socialism. If such members had a testimony that the Lord actually speaks thru prophets and apostles they might more readily follow their advice and counsel.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Any LDS who thinks Obamacare is socialism is either ill-informed, or a bit thick.