Where Would Jesus Bank?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Where Would Jesus Bank?

Post by Col. Flagg »

He wouldn't... he'd keep what he earned under his mattress and he would probably deny paper money as payment.

SPARTACUS
captain of 100

Post by SPARTACUS »

He would not bank with any bank on earth. He does bank and advocates that everyone banks in Heaven! :lol:

19 ¶ Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

Matthew 17:24-27
24 ¶ And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute?

25 He (Peter) saith, Yes.

And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers?

26 Peter saith unto him, Of strangers.

Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free. 27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

That was a good article, ldsff!

Bircher
captain of 100

Post by Bircher »

Col. Flagg wrote:He wouldn't... he'd keep what he earned under his mattress and he would probably deny paper money as payment.
Then why would He tell His Church to take paper money?

ithink
captain of 1,000

Post by ithink »

Bircher wrote:Then why would He tell His Church to take paper money?
Because we are spread out across the world, our collective faith is weak, and the enemy has control of the reins right now.
La Bible wrote:27 And the Lord shall scatter you among the nations, and ye shall be left few in number among the heathen, whither the Lord shall lead you.
28 And there ye shall serve gods, the work of men’s hands, wood and stone, which neither see, nor hear, nor eat, nor smell.
29 But if from thence thou shalt seek the Lord thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.
30 When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the Lord thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice;
Here in these four verses is our prophesied predicament, and also the instructions for deliverance. How I would dearly love to hear these four verses come from the pulpit this October. I'm expecting it won't happen, and we'll go on with the status quo for some time until we have 1000 elders wake up. Looks like we have about 10 so far.

Jenny
captain of 50

Post by Jenny »

The spirit of this post is there but I can't help but think, "why would the one who owns all things need a bank?" I mean He owns all things. As far as money goes we are to live in the world but not of the world. So how does that apply? Think that one over. As far as choosing a bank well I would say be prayerful and get as educated as you can that seems to be the best way to make any good choice.