Jesus is an Anarchist

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
ROB GIBBSEN
captain of 100

Re: Jesus is an Anarchist

Post by ROB GIBBSEN »

Mark wrote:If you say Rob Gibbsen's name backwards 10 times you get Nes bbig Bor. This is derived from the Hanseatic culture and translated means opera sucks. I see some pent up frustration here from a wanna be actor turned opera singer. If I had to listen to opera daily I would crack as well. I feel your pain Nes.
Wow a false seer

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

It's funny to see Satan call another a false seer!! :wink:

ROB GIBBSEN
captain of 100

Post by ROB GIBBSEN »

shadow wrote:It's funny to see Satan call another a false seer!! :wink:
The pic is Michael Ballam. He is a genius.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

You cracked me up Shadow. No offense Rob. Brother Ballam plays a significant role in the LDS temple ceremony. Lets just say that he does not play the nice guy that he really is.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

ROB GIBBSEN wrote:The pic is Michael Ballam. He is a genius.
I recognized the pic the first time you posted Rob. Genius? Are you his son-in-law?? I live in Cache valley, I'm familiar with him and how he wants the government to subsidize the Utah Festival Opera noise making company. But he is a nice guy.

ROB GIBBSEN
captain of 100

Post by ROB GIBBSEN »

The Fortress of Solitude is in Cache Valley Utah???

ChelC
The Law

Post by ChelC »

I have little doubt that is why Rob chose that particular picture. Playing devil's advocate maybe? The other version is on the movie Girls Just Wanna Have Fun from the eighties with Sarah Jessica Parker. I rented that a couple years ago for old time's sake and was a little taken aback when Satan was dancing. Sissy Spacek can't recover from being Carrie either.

ROB GIBBSEN
captain of 100

Post by ROB GIBBSEN »

ChelC wrote:I have little doubt that is why Rob chose that particular picture. Playing devil's advocate maybe? The other version is on the movie Girls Just Wanna Have Fun from the eighties with Sarah Jessica Parker. I rented that a couple years ago for old time's sake and was a little taken aback when Satan was dancing. Sissy Spacek can't recover from being Carrie either.
Chocolate Heaven woman, you make me hungry

ChelC
The Law

Post by ChelC »

I bet he was really from Wellsville. My Dad said back in the day when he was a kid in North Logan all the hoodlums were from Wellsville.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

ROB GIBBSEN wrote:The Fortress of Solitude is in Cache Valley Utah???
Yes, and so is squeaky cheese.

ROB GIBBSEN
captain of 100

Post by ROB GIBBSEN »

Chocolate Heaven Woman, my stomach is really talking to me now

ChelC
The Law

Post by ChelC »

Squeaky cheese is freaky and weird, but Gossner's Swiss Cheese is a beautiful thing indeed. I wish I lived by the cheese outlet. And Pepperidge Farm, and you have Logan canyon too... it's a shame you only have one street though. Don't mind me, I'm just jealous. I would move to Logan in a second if the opportunity arose. Plus you have Dr. Pierce's barn and whatever that canyon is with quadrillions of snakes...

ChelC
The Law

Post by ChelC »

... So go make a sandwich.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Cache valley is great. Bro. Ballam lives in the Cliffside area of town. I don't think anyone from Wellsville can sing or make that noise we call opera.

ROB GIBBSEN
captain of 100

Post by ROB GIBBSEN »

ChelC wrote:... So go make a sandwich.
ChelC wrote:I'm not sure why we sometimes feel threatened by one anothers roles. If I wanted the priesthood, being a man would also mean having to worry about being the breadwinner - no thanks. I'm better with stuff at home than my husband is, and he's happy to not have to do the household stuff. I'm glad I don't have to mow the lawn. He's glad that I cook dinner.

If we accept these roles life is easier for both of us. I'm not sure why some people want to turn their marriage into a lifelong civil war... geez, if that's what marriage is going to be no wonder so many people are chosing not to marry.
Chocolate Heaven Woman I think you making me a sandwich would be better suited to your role.

relax just having some fun with you

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Actually, I'd like a sandwich too, with some of that swiss cheese, please. :wink:
But maybe ChelC just needs some of Dr Pierces favorite prescription, the womans tonic. :shock: Kidding of course.

ROB GIBBSEN
captain of 100

Post by ROB GIBBSEN »

ROB GIBBSEN wrote:
ChelC wrote:... So go make a sandwich.
ChelC wrote:I'm not sure why we sometimes feel threatened by one anothers roles. If I wanted the priesthood, being a man would also mean having to worry about being the breadwinner - no thanks. I'm better with stuff at home than my husband is, and he's happy to not have to do the household stuff. I'm glad I don't have to mow the lawn. He's glad that I cook dinner.

If we accept these roles life is easier for both of us. I'm not sure why some people want to turn their marriage into a lifelong civil war... geez, if that's what marriage is going to be no wonder so many people are chosing not to marry.
Chocolate Heaven Woman I think you making me a sandwich would be better suited to your role.

relax just having some fun with you
shadow wrote:Actually, I'd like a sandwich too, with some of that swiss cheese, please. :wink:
But maybe ChelC just needs some of Dr Pierces favorite prescription, the womans tonic. :shock: Kidding of course.
No mayo on mine

ChelC
The Law

Post by ChelC »

So didn't that stuff have opiates in it or something like that? I painted that barn once, it's so cool the way the mountains look purple behind it. Actually tonight we are having Bourbon Chicken and rice, and it doesn't go with the meal but I wanted cornbread (to heck with the "allergies") so I made that too. Yummy. If you want a sandwich you will have to fend for yourself.

Teancum-Old
captain of 100

Post by Teancum-Old »

Darrin,

I would like to take you up on your offer to provide some sources for one to start studying the Law of our Lost Ten Tribes Ancestors. I am very new to this topic so I will need some introductory sources to get started. Please point me in the right direction so that I may begin my studies. Thanks.

Darren
captain of 1,000

Post by Darren »

I would suggest reading this book first.

http://s98822910.onlinehome.us/thousand ... ur_law.pdf

When you make it through that one let me know.

God Bless,
Darren

Moses
captain of 100

Post by Moses »

If we lived according to the golden rule. we would not need any constitution.

I joined the church in the UK a long time ago. and we werent taught about the American constitution. It may be a good document, but lets not elevate it to scripture level, because its not and if it is, then why do we need Prophets, Priesthood and authority? They werent Prophets.

ROB GIBBSEN
captain of 100

Post by ROB GIBBSEN »

Moses wrote:If we lived according to the golden rule. we would not need any constitution.

I joined the church in the UK a long time ago. and we werent taught about the American constitution. It may be a good document, but lets not elevate it to scripture level, because its not and if it is, then why do we need Prophets, Priesthood and authority? They werent Prophets.
You are very wise.

Jenny
captain of 50

Post by Jenny »

Gee I hope no one starts to hate my picture here could be bad for pr. Give it a break. I mean we all could assume all kinds of things from pictures. I mean like chocolate could mean to me that you are way fat and have a real problem with food, or I could see that Christmas pic looking to me like an ancient prophet of some sort, or I could think wow that other picture reminds me of that great actor from the temple. I mean think about it to come off that well that is really good acting. I say we leave the shallow petty assumptions at home and get real.

By the way in response to the first post: This is my reply.

"And who say ye that I am" Thou art the Christ the Son of the Living God!

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Proud 2b Peculiar »

Moses wrote:If we lived according to the golden rule. we would not need any constitution.

"The Church's members are under divine commandment to revere the Constitution as a heavenly-inspired instrument." Dec. 12, 1889 Wilford Woodruff

"We have a sound foundation in this for our patriotism, for our sacrifice, for our efforts in behalf of this government, for our unqualified allegiance to the Constitution of the United States, which is veritably the scripture of the nation" April 1918 General Conference James E. Talmage

"It is a part of our faith that the Constitution of the United States was inspired by God. We reverence it akin to the revelations that have come from God...." Ezra Taft Benson October 21, 1975 A plea for America

Jenny
captain of 50

Post by Jenny »

So why did my last post end up posted so far after the conversation? Now it makes no sense and looks out of place. Is there a post delay or something?