A reminder of the declaration of independence and Constitution

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Bridgey
captain of 100

A reminder of the declaration of independence and Constitution

Post by Bridgey »

I am Australian, but just finished watching this awesome mini series "John Adams" http://www.mininova.org/search/?search=john+adams
It is about the leaders (Jefferson, Washington, Adams, etc) that brought about independence, wrote the constitution and made your freedom from British tyranny possible.

I would recommend watching it. After watching this, it makes me feel very angry towards Bush and Co. and many of the American people at how they are so willing to dissolve the Constitution. Especially after the blood that was spilt to make it possible. If this movie doesn't spark patriotism and a renewed loyalty to the constitution, liberty, freedom and everything else it stands for, nothing else will.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: A reminder of the Declaration of independence and Constituti

Post by lundbaek »

The Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and all the other events that enabled the Church of Jesus Christ to be re-established used to be spoken of and written about with reverence by prophets and apostles, but very seldom do we hear of read of these events now.

I personally believe that it is a part of the doctrine of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, as much a part as any other tenet of our religion, that the Lord Himself “established the Constitution of this land, by the hands of wise men whom I raised up unto this very purpose, and redeemed the land by the shedding of blood”, and that this Constitution “should be maintained for the rights and protection of all flesh, according to just and hole principles.”

I feel considerable anger toward those U.S. presidents, members of Congress (both "House and Senate"), members of the U.S. Supreme Court, and other government officers who have been striving to dissolve the Constitution and our constitutional republic and subordinate the United States to a North American Union and eventually to a world government. But I am just as angry toward those LDS Church authorities who failed to follow up on the admonitions of latter-day prophets and apostles to learn, uphold, and abide by the principles of the U.S. Constitution. And I am disappointed with the many local Church authorities who will not support or host special presentations on this subject now.

righteousrepublic
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by righteousrepublic »

lundbaek wrote: August 3rd, 2019, 5:47 pm The Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and all the other events that enabled the Church of Jesus Christ to be re-established used to be spoken of and written about with reverence by prophets and apostles, but very seldom do we hear of read of these events now.

I personally believe that it is a part of the doctrine of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, as much a part as any other tenet of our religion, that the Lord Himself “established the Constitution of this land, by the hands of wise men whom I raised up unto this very purpose, and redeemed the land by the shedding of blood”, and that this Constitution “should be maintained for the rights and protection of all flesh, according to just and hole principles.”

I feel considerable anger toward those U.S. presidents, members of Congress (both "House and Senate"), members of the U.S. Supreme Court, and other government officers who have been striving to dissolve the Constitution and our constitutional republic and subordinate the United States to a North American Union and eventually to a world government. But I am just as angry toward those LDS Church authorities who failed to follow up on the admonitions of latter-day prophets and apostles to learn, uphold, and abide by the principles of the U.S. Constitution. And I am disappointed with the many local Church authorities who will not support or host special presentations on this subject now.
My heart and soul aches for what our children and grandchildren face. Who is going to look out for them? Who is going to teach them, make them aware of what they face? Who will be able to put enough fear into them that they will want to save the Constitution, enough to do something about it with all their might? Apparently, members of the past have not cared enough. People of today are not doing it. What will it take to get people motivated enough to stir the hearts of our children to do what it takes to keep and maintain freedolm and liberty? Or is our freedom and liberty going to die and be for nothing?

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: A reminder of the declaration of independence and Constituti

Post by lundbaek »

Many Church members believe that if we only do as the Prophet is advising us now (the prophetic priorities) that we will get thru the prophesied tribulations. I, for one, still believe that we will suffer for the past negligence in protecting our Constitution and and the freedoms it was designed to afford us. Does anybody here think we will avoid any of that?

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

The Constitution has been largely abandoned, ignored by many people thru disobedience or ignorance of what the Lord and latter-day prophets have told us to do to preserve it. It is my belief that only after the cleansing of America will people who have done their homework know what to do. I am aware of statements by 8 different latter-day prophets that claim that the Constitution will be in such a state that it will require considerable effort and sacrifice to restore its principles to our government. So little is mentioned now about liberty and the U.S. Constitution in meetings in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints that one might justifiably wonder if members of the Church really do have a responsibility to the Lord to do their best to insure that laws are made, and so administered, to insure “to each individual the free exercise of conscience, the right and control of property, and the protection of life.” (D&C 134:1-2).   Therefore, it would seem wise for us to learn what the Lord and latter-day prophets and apostles have said in this connection. We know that the American Founding Fathers, in framing the United States Constitution as the “blueprint” for the government of the new nation, were inspired in their work by the Lord, Jesus the Christ. (D&C 101:80).   Therefore, it would seem logical that we should carefully (even prayerfully) consider what He, through His prophets and apostles, has told us about our duty to the Constitution. 

righteousrepublic
Level 34 Illuminated

lundbaek wrote: August 4th, 2019, 2:29 pm The Constitution has been largely abandoned, ignored by many people thru disobedience or ignorance of what the Lord and latter-day prophets have told us to do to preserve it. It is my belief that only after the cleansing of America will people who have done their homework know what to do. I am aware of statements by 8 different latter-day prophets that claim that the Constitution will be in such a state that it will require considerable effort and sacrifice to restore its principles to our government. So little is mentioned now about liberty and the U.S. Constitution in meetings in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints that one might justifiably wonder if members of the Church really do have a responsibility to the Lord to do their best to insure that laws are made, and so administered, to insure “to each individual the free exercise of conscience, the right and control of property, and the protection of life.” (D&C 134:1-2).   Therefore, it would seem wise for us to learn what the Lord and latter-day prophets and apostles have said in this connection. We know that the American Founding Fathers, in framing the United States Constitution as the “blueprint” for the government of the new nation, were inspired in their work by the Lord, Jesus the Christ. (D&C 101:80).   Therefore, it would seem logical that we should carefully (even prayerfully) consider what He, through His prophets and apostles, has told us about our duty to the Constitution. 
I believe that, collectively, all people in this country will be in trouble due to the fact that it was their duty to replace bad guards with good ones for our security and safety.

"That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

And President Benson said that for those who will not take an active part in keeping the Constitution active will have their eternal reward jeopardized. I wish I could narrow down which talk it was he said it. Anyone know?

Also, listen from 4:27 mark to 5:05, 13:47 to 14:29, 14:45 to 18:30, 20:35 to 22:30, 44:16 to the end

Last edited by righteousrepublic on August 5th, 2019, 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Re: A reminder of the declaration of independence and Constituti

Post by simpleton »

lundbaek wrote: August 4th, 2019, 9:28 am Many Church members believe that if we only do as the Prophet is advising us now (the prophetic priorities) that we will get thru the prophesied tribulations. I, for one, still believe that we will suffer for the past negligence in protecting our Constitution and and the freedoms it was designed to afford us. Does anybody here think we will avoid any of that?
No we will absolutely not avoid any of it. In fact, we are suffering right now with the trampling of our rights but it is nothing compared to what is coming.

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Re: A reminder of the declaration of independence and Constitution

Post by simpleton »

I should add that I do not believe that our forefathers blood was shed just to be wasted by their children. I do think though, that after the worst tribulations this country has ever experienced, yet to come in the future, and this country being mostly swept clean of its wicked inhabitants, that a small remnant, of the American Indians and of the left over Gentiles that have the blood of their forefathers coursing through their veins. Will once again raise that flag and it will fly unsullied throughout the Millennium. Probably along side the banner of the Kingdom of God established in the land.
Of course, I believe that from prophecy.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

The problem we have in this country is that most people are too busy following politics in fictional worlds like Game of thrones, Harry Potter, Star Wars and Marvel, to be bothered with following politics that really effect them in the real world

righteousrepublic
Level 34 Illuminated

markharr wrote: August 6th, 2019, 5:58 pm The problem we have in this country is that most people are too busy following politics in fictional worlds like Game of thrones, Harry Potter, Star Wars and Marvel, to be bothered with following politics that really effect them in the real world
Satan is the cause of our Constitution being destroyed. Satan is the cause of the hearts of Americans being turned away from righteousness. Satan is the cause of Antifa growing in numbers. Satan is the cause of gun rights being hampered. Satan is the cause of racial tension. Satan is the cause of strife, turmoil and chaos in our streets. Satan is the cause of the NWO. Satan is the cause of all the needless mass shootings all over the place. Satan will be the cause of millions of people going to hell.

I get angry because Satan can influence people so easily. And the righteous have to suffer right along with the wicked. This is why I am not at ease.