Hans Verlan Anderson

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
creator
(of the Forum)

Re: Hans Verlan Anderson

Post by creator »

I hope you don't consider me one that believes there is nothing left for us to do. There are things we can do, but I believe they are different than what we were called to do 30 years ago.
What are some of the things you believe we can and should do today? (or if you've posted this before perhaps you could provide a link so I can read more.)

Amore Vero
captain of 100

Post by Amore Vero »

I was just thinking about this today in the car. So if I may add my 2 cents.

I think that even though it's too late to correct things, & the Lord will now do it himself, that one of our greatest tests today is to see if we will awake & still support good & wise men & principles despite it seeming fruitless & thus be worthy of being saved from much of the calamities & consequences that are almost upon us. And all those who seek to destroy our nation & Constitution & those who are deceived to support them, will not be saved from the just consequences & destructions they helped to bring on.

So as I see it, who we choose to support politically is still a serious & even life or death decision for us, even with eternal consequences too.

I think we need to prepare quickly to board the ark & the Prophet will tell us how to do that when the time comes: but we must get the food & supplies we've been counseled to get & Pray & Study as a family & keep our marriage covenants to love our spouse the best we can, so we will not be partly responsible for & share in the punishments that are soon coming upon our nation, that the Prophets say are going to happen precisely because of all the broken marriage covenants.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

One thing we can do now that the First Presidency is telling us to do is to rig the raft for the safest possible splashdown when we go over the waterfall. Another thing we can try to do is to make the surviving rafters aware that they were warned about the waterfall, to prepare themselves to refloat the raft at the bottom and get it on proper course, and to start teaching their posterity the importance of obedience and the dangers of getting off course and ignoring the Prophets warnings.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I wonder sometimes what difference it would have made if most LDSs had heeded the pleas of those past Prophets and Apostles to read and study the Constitution, and support and vote for candidates for elected government offices who sustain and uphold the Constitution. I'll venture to say Utah would have a different lot of people in Congress today than the constitution shredders currently there. And perhaps the same for Idaho and Arizona. How much difference that would have made in our current situation is anybody's guess. I like to think the Lord would have supported us in our obedience and worked to help us get our nation back on the constitution track.

DOZ
captain of 100

Post by DOZ »

Thank you thank you thank you Keith :D

It worked...I now have all the books in pdf format. I have the paperbacks.I called the author directly because I could not find them any where and he had a few left...what a blessing. He is a very nice brother and easy to talk with. We had a great conversation in fact. He asked me why I was interested in these books, I explained to him my story and then and he understood quickly my feelings about new knowledge that I was gaining. It was just wonderful !

Again Keith , Thank you!

AussieOi
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by AussieOi »

here 2 more cents

so, what, the global church membership, the predominant part of whom are OUTSIDE of the USA (yes Dorothy its true) suffer now, because those fat white americans living in the 50's, 60's and 70's werent faithful in getting all excited and energetic about the communists.

so now we're being told to rig up to go over the waterfall? really? we are? who said what when please. i can't remember it.

do you really think the Lord is going to send all of his inspiration down to Pres Monson in to protect unworthy US members who are maxed out or in economic crisis?

or maybe he is focussing his attention to the other 2billion of his children looking for a loaf of bread and ladel of water.

this isn't Yoda chanelling the Force, it is the Lord speaking to his people, through his mouthpiece.

so great. i joined the church in 1994 but i'm devoid of any right to know how to deal with LDG oppression? great. the lord really loves all of his children eh.

".....this is going to be a bumpy ride" what a classic. Guys, your mostly all right, just take the blinkers off!!!!! Do some of you have any idea of the reality of life for most of gods children? or was Richard T Osborne right? and got really is a white supremacist, and the rest of gods children can suffer because they weren't valiant enough in the pre-existance?

Silence, transparency or pure ambiguity. take your pick.

HeirofNumenor
the Heir Of Numenor

Post by HeirofNumenor »

so, what, the global church membership, the predominant part of whom are OUTSIDE of the USA (yes Dorothy its true) suffer now, because those fat white americans living in the 50's, 60's and 70's werent faithful in getting all excited and energetic about the communists.
No Aussie, you ought be happy for the fact that the Brethren now have people mostly focusing on the 3 fold mission of the Church, and not slobbering American patriotism around the world...even you in your virulent anti-Americanism should be able to appreciate that :P

Amore Vero
captain of 100

Post by Amore Vero »

The problem is that without American Patriotism the 3 fold mission of the Church is & will be greatly hindered if not shut down.

And I do not expect the Prophet to get revelation to save unworthy members who have not honored the Constitution, Covenants & Commandments. Only those who have.

And the Gadianton problem is not just in America but throughout the whole world, & very few people or LDS anywhere in the world have woke up & tried to do something about it, as taught in the Book of Mormon. It's just that once there is no where for freedom loving people to go anymore for safety, even though they are few in number, H.F. helps them & cleans house, this time to establish Zion for those who have proved they really want it. Then all the good Saints & people around the world can come & enjoy true peace & freedom, while the rest of the world battles it out til the end. At least thats the way I see it.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

I want to thank you as well, Keith, for making these writings available. Years ago, I heard H. Verlan Anderson at a fireside and thought he was wonderful -- and I still think so.

jbalm
The Third Comforter

Post by jbalm »

do you really think the Lord is going to send all of his inspiration down to Pres Monson in to protect unworthy US members who are maxed out or in economic crisis?
Wow. Your disdain for Americans is deeper than I thought. Quite ironic that you call into question the worthiness of others.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

It is really no surprise that Aussie has such a low opinion of Americans JB. Just look at the stuff that comes out of the 5th columnists maskerading as press around the world and within this country. Americans are depicted as heartless greedy corrupt no good SOB's who just want to take over the world and make everyone else starve to death. There is no mention of the good that is done by those who really care about living gospel principles in their own private lives of which there is many both inside and outside our church. That is discarded in favor of the seedy and often deceptive depictions that foreigners are lambasted with daily on their media and print. Heck many who live outside of America probable think we are all in a reality TV show based on continuous Jerry Springer themes. The continuous quiet acts of selfless service and kind deeds are completely ignored and never dwelt upon. There is some conspiracy in all this and goes back to Gramscian roots but that is another story altogether.

AussieOi
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by AussieOi »

Mark wrote:It is really no surprise that Aussie has such a low opinion of Americans JB. Just look at the stuff that comes out of the 5th columnists maskerading as press around the world and within this country. Americans are depicted as heartless greedy corrupt no good SOB's who just want to take over the world and make everyone else starve to death. There is no mention of the good that is done by those who really care about living gospel principles in their own private lives of which there is many both inside and outside our church. That is discarded in favor of the seedy and often deceptive depictions that foreigners are lambasted with daily on their media and print. Heck many who live outside of America probable think we are all in a reality TV show based on continuous Jerry Springer themes. The continuous quiet acts of selfless service and kind deeds are completely ignored and never dwelt upon. There is some conspiracy in all this and goes back to Gramscian roots but that is another story altogether.

so true, we all only hate america because you are free and have democracy

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Proud 2b Peculiar »

:lol:

jbalm
The Third Comforter

Post by jbalm »

Or maybe, just like most people, you have to choose someone to hate.

Of late, as all know, many Americans have decided to hate the "Islamofacists" (stupid term). Much of the rest of the world has decided to hate the Americans including, apparently, Australia.

It is really nothing more than a failure to take responsibility for one's own shortcomings.

The U.S. has created numerous problems for itself. But rather than looking inward and trying to fix everything possible, the nation as a whole decides to designate a scapegoat and blame as many problems as possible on it. Admittedly, those external forces cause problems, but nothing we couldn't handle if we made ourselves strong, efficient, and righteous.

Likewise, other countries blame the U.S. for many of their problems. Those who have been wrongly invaded are justified in hating us. But the countries (like Australia for instance) who have let themselves be bribed into allowing bases in their country, or tagging along on some military adventure only have themselves to blame. But its easier on the ego just to blame the Americans. And outside of the U.S. its even fashionable. So introspection is easily avoided.

ChelC
The Law

Post by ChelC »

So who am I supposed to hate?

Crap!

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Proud 2b Peculiar »

:lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

ShawnC
Minion

Post by ShawnC »

jbalm wrote:
Or maybe, just like most people, you have to choose someone to hate.

Of late, as all know, many Americans have decided to hate the "Islamofacists" (stupid term). Much of the rest of the world has decided to hate the Americans including, apparently, Australia.

It is really nothing more than a failure to take responsibility for one's own shortcomings.

The U.S. has created numerous problems for itself. But rather than looking inward and trying to fix everything possible, the nation as a whole decides to designate a scapegoat and blame as many problems as possible on it. Admittedly, those external forces cause problems, but nothing we couldn't handle if we made ourselves strong, efficient, and righteous.

Likewise, other countries blame the U.S. for many of their problems. Those who have been wrongly invaded are justified in hating us. But the countries (like Australia for instance) who have let themselves be bribed into allowing bases in their country, or tagging along on some military adventure only have themselves to blame. But its easier on the ego just to blame the Americans. And outside of the U.S. its even fashionable. So introspection is easily avoided.
Sounds like ETB was right on with his statement of pride being the stumbling block of Zion. I would think that also applies to the rest of the world.