Rights are given by God statement TOO NARROW

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
jbalm
The Third Comforter

Re: Rights are given by God statement TOO NARROW

Post by jbalm »

No wonder the scriptures say in the last days men will call evil good and good evil
Such as...the LDS prophets? None of them have been complimentary to governments' forcible redistribution of wealth. Many have spoken openly against it.

As for the wealthy who neglected the poor, they will be judged accordingly.

WYp8riot
captain of 1,000

Post by WYp8riot »

I havent been convinced that taxes are used for helping the needy. Which specific tax does so?

Some local taxes may go to public education etc, but which specific tax is actually used ditrectly for benifit of needy and not benifit of the more evil and fraudulent monetary system?

Before the debate continues, there should be some proof that taxation was used in such a manner? My iunderstanding is that all that money comes from more borrowing (bondage of the citizens) from the banking cartel. We may continue to support such while our country is near collapse.

ChelC
The Law

Post by ChelC »

We are arguing in circles now.

Moses holds the same belief as do the majority of the voting base in this nation. It just opens my eyes more to the challenge ahead.

I hope Moses will read the entire text of the Manifesto that I recommended, and the proper role of government for starters. There is nothing humane in this system. If there were not enough Christians to support the poor without tax, if indeed that is the whole story, then it just proves that no system will survive without religious conviction. Anyone who would see that need and not try to fill it will have to answer for such disregard. That doesn't make the system right.

Under the Lord's plan many would be lost. Does that make Satan's plan correct? Why not?

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Again Moses, my disconnect with you is your belief that welfare is somehow only tied to government and taxes. That is NOT true. Forced welfare is NO welfare at all. Think it through.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

...going back to the first statement in this discussion...
The statement "Rights are given by God" whilst true is too narrow and it lends support to right wing dogma that distorts the "Picture as a whole"
My 2 cents,

I think it depends on your perspective. Your comments reminded me of what W. Cleon Skousen once taught me:

“Everyone can choose right from wrong. But there is no right to do wrong.” He went on to explain “There is no right to abort a baby.” Just as there is no right to murder or steal. There was a man in the class who asked if it's right for the Government to control certain things and to this Dr. Skousen responded “You are not violating their rights by not allowing them to do wrong. . . If you are not obedient to God you have no agency.”

I think with that understanding "Rights are given by God" is not too narrow, because those god-given rights are only the right to do that whic is good; so I don't see how it could lend support to right wing dogma when understood in the correct light.