The bitter with the sweet

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

The bitter with the sweet

Post by Proud 2b Peculiar »

This is just a free write, because I feel impressed to write. Just like I did for the Dear Americans letter from Jesus that I wrote. (so read or don't read LOL)

Have you ever felt that you have partaken of a bitter sweetness? Something that is sweet because of what it means, but bitter to witness or experience?

I am having one of those moments today. There is the calmness that comes from answered prayers and from feeling all that more prepared. Then there is the bitter of what I see all around me, the suffering, and the struggle.

We are perfected by our obedience during suffering. As we face those trials and tribulations that will come to us, we can be perfected through obedience.

Where much is given, much is required, and all of us have been given many great and wonderful things. We each have been given gifts, abilities and talents from God. We have been given the scriptures, priesthood, prophets, and leaders. We have been given so much! We have been given of the fulness. These things that we have been given will help guide and direct us in "this darkest of hours" as President Hinckley puts it. In this dark hour I can be filled with joy, because after the darkest night comes the brightest day.

I am thankful for friends like you, for all over the world, that have come together, that are like minded. It is because of you I was able to see so much more and prepare so much more. I will be forever grateful to you all for what you have already given, and I feel that we will all give so much more. Sometimes I think that we have no idea how much we really have to offer each other, and what we have created here.

I look forward to the day when we will get to greet each other face to face. :)

Charity

Jeremy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jeremy »

I share those sentiments.

We can feel joy, for today we know we must prepare. What a blessing it is that we have been told. The bitter part is tomorrow will come...and there will be those who did not prepare or listen to what they were told. How afraid they will be especially when those who have listened are not exempt from what is to come. But joy! Joy!..."because after the darkest night comes the brightest day".

SwissMrs&Pitchfire
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by SwissMrs&Pitchfire »

We think the bitter is today and tomorrow deliverance comes. The righteous need not fear. That may sound naive, but I would prefer that mothers eat their children alive, quickly than slowly (as goes on today). I would rather see murder than meaningless lives spent being abused or abusing. Apathy amongst evil is far worse than outright warfare as far as I'm concerned.
Last edited by SwissMrs&Pitchfire on January 18th, 2008, 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

:D

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

SwissMrs&Pitchfire wrote:We think the bitter is today and tomorrow deliverance comes. The righteous need not fear. That may sound naive, but I would prefer that mothers eat their children alive, quickly than slowly (as goes on today). I would rather see murder than meaningless lives spent being abused or abusing. Apathy amongst evil is far worse than outright warfare as far as I'm concerned.
Both are horrible, but I can see your point of a shortened period of suffering.

There is mercy.

You will have to forgive my lack of words here.. those images that you have said are some of the worst that I have in my head, they haunt me ever since I read that vision of John Taylor's.