Police Brutality During Wall Street Protest

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Stephen
captain of 1,000

Police Brutality During Wall Street Protest

Post by Stephen »

A video of sickening apparently unwarranted police brutality...

http://www.brasschecktv.com/videos/law- ... otest.html

TonyOlsen
captain of 100

Re: Police Brutality During Wall Street Protest

Post by TonyOlsen »

That looks like the police were behaving incorrectly. Since the protestors are associated with the political affiliations seeking for revolution-style communist take-overs, I can not rule out that there was nothing else going on that we did not see.

While I DO believe that police-state power over the people has gotten to scary levels, and this "looks" like yet another instance, I can only say what I "think" was going on... not what I actually know.

Here's another article along these same lines:

http://townhall.com/columnists/jacobsul ... c_scrutiny

Stephen
captain of 1,000

Post by Stephen »

With all that can be done nowadays with video editing...it's hard to know what is real and what is not. That is why I used the word "Apparently" in my post.

It reminds me of when I went to see Lord of the Rings with my father and some dinosaur sized elephants with extra tusks prowled over the screen and my dad asked "Are those real?!!"

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Police are only good for.... well, not much!!

I'm surprised these cops didn't break out some marshmallows to roast while the poor guy (who's now OK) was laying there motionless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEDQItVC ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Probably had to make sure they issued the BMW driver his citation before they checked out the man that was stuck under a burning car!
What a bunch of useless tools!
Kudos to the man in green :ymapplause:

sixth seal
captain of 100

Post by sixth seal »

shadow wrote:Police are only good for.... well, not much!!

I'm surprised these cops didn't break out some marshmallows to roast while the poor guy (who's now OK) was laying there motionless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEDQItVC ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Probably had to make sure they issued the BMW driver his citation before they checked out the man that was stuck under a burning car!

I'm sure that your brothers in the gospel (Tribunal and Kaarno) feel good having you say that. :-?

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

sixth seal wrote:
shadow wrote:Police are only good for.... well, not much!!

I'm sure that your brothers in the gospel (Tribunal and Kaarno) feel good having you say that. :-?
I really don't care how they feel, truth is truth, besides, Kaarno agrees with me #-o . That's why he's no longer a patrol deputy but works in the jail instead. He knows what cops are good for- REVENUE GENERATORS. They drive around and fine people for stupid infractions. Can't even help a poor guy under a burning car. Heck, won't even help him after a bunch of concerned citizens lifted the car and pulled him out. I remember a story a few months back about a man that was drowning and the cops stood on the shore and watched him drown. Unfortunately this was in a liberal area so the concerned citizens stood around and wondered why the cops weren't doing anything instead of doing something themselves.

As an FYI, one of my best friends is a sergeant in a dept. in Utah. After viewing the video, he's the one who told me they were "useless tools", even said he has a bunch (of useless tools) in his dept. too. Every dept. has them. An honest cop would agree despite his "feelings".

Oldemandalton
captain of 1,000

Post by Oldemandalton »

Stunning Revelation by NYC Police Commissioner: Protesters Had a ‘Countdown’ & ‘Charged’ Cops

Posted on October 7, 2011 at 12:47pm by Jonathon M. Seidl
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/stunnin ... rged-cops/

New York City Police Commissioner Ray Kelly made some stunning revelations on Thursday regarding videos that surfaced on YouTube Wednesday night showing police beating back Wall St. protesters. According to him, the protesters actually planned to antagonize police, even instituting a “countdown” before they “charged” officers.

“What they did is they counted. They actually had a countdown — 10, 9, 8, 7, 6 — they grouped together, they joined arms and they charged the police. They attacked the police. They wanted to get into Wall Street, they wanted to occupy Wall Street,” Kelly told reporters.

“These people wanted to have confrontation with the police for whatever reason. Somehow, I guess it works to their purposes,” he added. He also promised such protesters would be “met with force when they do that,“ which he called ”just common sense.”
You can watch him detail his version of events below:

Go to article to see video;
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/stunnin ... rged-cops/

According to Kelly, the protests have cost the city $2 million for officers assigned to the protests.

And if you’re wondering if the police can force the protesters to move, the answer is “no.” WCBS-TV explains:

The problem for the city and the police is even if they wanted to, they can’t evict “Occupy Wall Street” as long as they make Zuccotti Park their headquarters. It is private space that must be opened to the public

“The charter, it gives access to the park 24 hours a day, seven says a week,” Kelly said.

When asked by CBS 2′s Marcia Kramer if there was an end game, his response was carefully considered.

“You know, we’ll see. Right now they’re on private property and people who own that property don’t have the power to eject them,” he said.
But Brookfield Office Properties, which owns Zuccotti Park, seems to be slowly building a case against protesters, saying Thursday that the protestors are interfering with the use of the park by others and are creating sanitary problems.