Washington State Threatens to Secede

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
tsc
captain of 100

Washington State Threatens to Secede

Post by tsc »

Way to go Washington!!

WA- The State of Washington replied, they will secede from the Union rather than be intimidated
Northbound on I-5 (88 miles south of Seattle )...
The federal government is now petitioning to have these signs removed or Washington state will be denied additional monies for interstate highways.
The State of Washington replied, they will secede from the Union rather than be intimidated. These are a matter of free speech paid for by a private citizen.
It seems the Obama government uses intimidation and ignores the first amendment when they want to silence someone.

http://knucklz.com/2011/08/24/wa--the-s ... sultsChart" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Attachments
ATT1.jpg
ATT1.jpg (81.58 KiB) Viewed 1216 times

Jason
Master of Puppets

Re: Washington State Threatens to Secede

Post by Jason »

should say "super Congress"

Mr Lonely
captain of 50

Post by Mr Lonely »

tsc wrote:Way to go Washington!!

WA- The State of Washington replied, they will secede from the Union rather than be intimidated
Northbound on I-5 (88 miles south of Seattle )...
The federal government is now petitioning to have these signs removed or Washington state will be denied additional monies for interstate highways.
The State of Washington replied, they will secede from the Union rather than be intimidated. These are a matter of free speech paid for by a private citizen.
It seems the Obama government uses intimidation and ignores the first amendment when they want to silence someone.

http://knucklz.com/2011/08/24/wa--the-s ... sultsChart" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I just did a search on the web, and this is only on a very few sites. Maybe it would be wise to wait for proof, and see how things work out. It may be just one of those things that happen so often these days. Like rumors, misinterpation, misinformation, or a hoax to stir up emotions. My feeling is that emotions are very high everywhere, and it would only take a spark to blow the lid off. Or we may not quite be there yet, but sooner or later.... Widespread rumors like this may add to the pot, and bring it to a boil too soon.

linj2fly
captain of 1,000

Post by linj2fly »

I don't think there's any spark of secession in WA. That's about as probable as Massachusetts seceding. There ARE a couple of unions rumbling up yonder (Tacoma Teachers...but a judge just forced an end to their strike; and then there was the Longshoremen protest last week that went awry)...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/09 ... one-wrong/

Speaking of probabilities....

Which state do you think will be the first to secede?

Matthew.B
captain of 100

Post by Matthew.B »

Mr Lonely wrote:I just did a search on the web, and this is only on a very few sites. Maybe it would be wise to wait for proof, and see how things work out. It may be just one of those things that happen so often these days. Like rumors, misinterpation, misinformation, or a hoax to stir up emotions. My feeling is that emotions are very high everywhere, and it would only take a spark to blow the lid off. Or we may not quite be there yet, but sooner or later.... Widespread rumors like this may add to the pot, and bring it to a boil too soon.
Wise advice, methinks. Even if it's all true, I wonder if there are any applicable laws in effect, like no political billboards, no non-billboard signs along highways, etc.

Even if they're incredibly stupid laws, causing trouble over the breaking of the intent of the First Ammendments probably doesn't merit the criteria required for God to fight our battles for us (because, according to the laws of our own land, Washington wouldn't be justified in resisting- let alone seceding).

If there aren't any applicable laws and D.C. is merely using strong-arm tactics, then secession still seems a little extreme.

I'll be interested to hear for updates on the situation.