Federal Agents Demand Customer Lists From Mormon Food....

Submit ALERTS or ACTION ITEMS on what we can do to support Freedom. (i.e. action regarding a bill or other important issue)
Songbird
captain of 1,000

Feds demand customer lists from LDS Cannery

Post by Songbird »

If this doesn't beat all!! There are videos with this...

http://www.infowars.com/stewart-rhodes- ... -facility/

Stewart Rhodes: Feds Demand Customer Lists From Storable Food Facility

Infowars Nightly News
Friday, December 9, 2011

“A fellow veteran contacted me concerning a new and disturbing development. He had been utilizing a Mormon cannery near his home to purchase bulk food supplies. The man that manages the facility related to him that federal agents had visited the facility and demanded a list of individuals that had been purchasing bulk food. The manager informed the agents that the facility kept no such records and that all transactions were conducted on a cash-and-carry basis.

Elias Returns
captain of 100

Federal Agents Demand Customer Lists From Mormon Food....

Post by Elias Returns »

Oath Keepers Alert: Federal Agents Demand Customer Lists From Mormon Food Storage Facility

Oath Keepers has learned that federal agents recently visited a Later Day Saints (Mormon) Church food storage cannery in Tennessee, demanding customer lists, wanting to know the identity of Americans who are purchasing food storage from the Mormons.

This incident was confirmed by Oath Keepers Tennessee Chapter President, Rand Cardwell. Here is Rand's report: "A fellow veteran contacted me concerni ... -facility/

durangout
captain of 1,000

Re: Federal Agents Demand Customer Lists From Mormon Food...

Post by durangout »

OPSEC People! OPSEC!

liberty_belle
captain of 100

Post by liberty_belle »

What does that mean durangout?

Here in AZ they do take credit card and checks, so I wonder if they would have to hand the information over!

liberty_belle
captain of 100

Post by liberty_belle »

Elias, that link is not working....

Elias Returns
captain of 100

Post by Elias Returns »

I don't know why the link isn't working anymore. Here is the actual whole article direct from their site:

December 8th, 2011
Oath Keepers Alert: Federal Agents Demand Customer Lists From Mormon Food Storage Facility

LDS-Cannery-Long-Term-Food-StorageOath Keepers has learned that federal agents recently visited a Later Day Saints (Mormon) Church food storage cannery in Tennessee, demanding customer lists, wanting to know the identity of Americans who are purchasing food storage from the Mormons.

This incident was confirmed, in person, by Oath Keepers Tennessee Chapter President, Rand Cardwell. Here is Rand’s report: “A fellow veteran contacted me concerning a new and disturbing development. He had been utilizing a Mormon cannery near his home to purchase bulk food supplies. The man that manages the facility related to him that federal agents had visited the facility and demanded a list of individuals that had been purchasing bulk food. The manager informed the agents that the facility kept no such records and that all transactions were conducted on a cash-and-carry basis. The agents pressed for any record of personal checks, credit card transactions, etc., but the manager could provide no such record. The agents appeared to become very agitated and after several minutes of questioning finally left with no information. I contacted the manager and personally confirmed this information.

This event points to a new level of federal government encroachment on the basic freedoms of the American people. Likewise, it points to a confused policy within federal agencies. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), in their “Are You Ready?” guide to “In Depth Citizen Preparedness” recommends that citizens store emergency supplies, including bulk food, in the event of a natural disaster or man-made event (the new politically correct term applied to a terrorist attack). The FEMA guidance is spot-on as it allows individuals and families to be self-sufficient during an emergency situation.

And here in Tennessee, we just learned that Nashville Metro Public Health and the Tennessee Department of Health are conducting “door-to-door assessment of disaster preparedness … using a tool designed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to go door to door and check to see how disaster ready you are. .. in 30 neighborhoods in Davidson County [TN] that have been randomly selected to be the target of a door to door assessment.” I have confirmed that that is a state run effort.

So on the one hand, government agencies both state and federal are urging you to be prepared and even checking up on you to see how prepared you are, and on the other hand, we now have federal agencies that are attempting to gather information on individuals that are following FEMA suggestions. What is the reasoning behind gathering this information? Are American citizens now being “listed” by DHS if they are simply following FEMA guidance and purchasing bulk food and emergency supplies for their families? It appears as so.

This should be a red flag to all Americans. Not unlike the “trip wires” identified in the Oath Keepers list of orders that will not be obeyed, this incident should be considered as further evidence that our federal government is out of control. What business is it of the government if any of us purchase and store bulk food? Answer: It is none of their damn business! Maybe during the next Katrina-type event federal agents will storm your home to take your food stores along with your firearms. We can only theorize as to the motives of the government for this type of “list” being developed, but it goes against the very fabric of what a free people should allow by our government.” – Rand Cardwell.

Additional comments by Stewart Rhodes, Founder of Oath Keepers: As Rand noted, it was fortunate that this particular cannery does not keep records of its customers. And Rand is correct that this is a very serious red flag. There’s a very good reason why one of the top ten orders that active duty Oath Keepers will refuse to obey is “We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies.” As our Declaration of Orders We Will Not Obey goes on to state: “Deprivation of food has long been a weapon of war and oppression, with millions intentionally starved to death by fascist and communist governments in the 20th Century alone. Accordingly, we will not obey or facilitate orders to confiscate food and other essential supplies from the people, and we will consider all those who issue or carry out such orders to be the enemies of the people.”

If those who carry out such orders to confiscate food are enemies of the people, then that same label also fits anyone in the government compiling lists of Americans who store food. There is no legitimate reason for the Department of Homeland Security to compile such lists. Al Qaida suicide bombers are not known to store powdered milk and buckets of wheat. Nor are they known to store away dehydrated carrots and instant potatoes, or fruit punch mix for the kids. But the Mormons are known to do so, and so are many other Americans who have the common sense and maturity to take personal responsibility for ensuring that their families will have food, come what may.

It is part of Mormon Church religious doctrine to store food for hard times and emergencies, with a recommendation that each family store a year’s worth of basic dry goods along with three months worth of store-bought canned and boxed foods. To facilitate that practice, the Mormon Church runs its own food storage canneries selling powdered milk, wheat, flour, rice and beans, sugar, salt, and various other dry goods either in bulk 50 lb bags or in #10 cans for long term food storage (up to 30 years for some items). These Church canneries also often sell food storage items to non-church members, seeing it as both morally right and prudent to help their neighbors store food, whatever their faith. The cannery in Tennessee that was “visited” by federal agents follows that practice of helping the general public become better prepared.

So why do federal agents want to know who is storing away long-term food storage? We suspect it is for the following reasons:

1. DHS/FEMA wants to know which Americans have food storage so the federal government can at some future point confiscate that food. Just as with lists of gun owners, compiling such lists is the first step toward future confiscation.

2. DHS wants to identify those Americans who are “switched on” and squared away enough to actually store food for coming hard times (such as during an economic collapse). That population of awake, aware, and prepared Americans poses a “threat” to whatever DHS and its masters have in store for the American people, and as Joseph Stalin so ably demonstrated, one of the easiest ways to subjugate defiant people is to confiscate their food and starve them into submission.

The federal government already tipped their hand by sending the FBI to military surplus stores (as we reported), gun stores, and pawn shops to encourage those businesses to spy on their customers who buy MRE’s (Meals Ready to Eat), bipods, “night flashlights”, high capacity magazines, rifle bipods, and bulk ammo. Maybe some of you fooled yourselves into thinking there might be some legitimate reason for them to track purchases of such items. But powdered milk and wheat berries? Those are hardly items that could be used in a terrorist attack. It must be the storage of food itself that the feds now find so offensive and so “dangerous.”

And while the door-to-door preparedness assessments in Tennessee appears to be well intended (and we spoke with a friendly state preparedness officer who said it was motivated by the recent natural disasters in Tennessee), Americans are well justified in being concerned about such efforts and how that information may be used in the future, in light of these other well documented and confirmed incidents of federal law enforcement collecting information on those who purchase preparedness items and indicating that the purchases of those items may be “indicators of terrorist activity.”

If you are one of the many Americans who still have on rose-colored glasses, or who still have your head buried in the sand (or stuck somewhere else warm and dark), it is time to pull your head out and face the reality of what the federal government is telling you by the actions of its agents. Those actions show both what they fear and their intent. What they fear are prepared, equipped, and “switched on” Americans, and their intent is to identify who they are, where they are, and then plan on dealing with them when the time comes. And rest assured that time will come. The recent U.S. Senate passage of S. 1867, which authorizes military detention and trial of U.S, citizens under the international laws of war (as if we were conquered Iraq or Afghanistan) is also an expression of their intent, and their contempt for the Bill of Rights.

Clearly, in light of the above, if you purchase food storage, along with any other preparedness items, you should be concerned about those purchases being tracked and your name winding up on some government list. But don’t let that stop you from storing food and other essential supplies, and don’t let this disturbing incident keep you from using your local Mormon cannery to do so. You need to get prepared. But do it while following the advice of James Wesley, Rawles over at http://www.survivalblog.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, who repeatedly urges his readers to “think OPSEC!” – if at all possible, buy with cash and pick it up in person, just like the customers of this particular cannery did, which left the “agitated” agents empty handed and frustrated. Good. That is as it should be. Don’t make it easy on them. And if you have not yet begun to store food, now is certainly a good time to start. You’re going to need it. Time is short, and you need to be prepared for what is coming. “Are You Ready?” indeed. – Stewart Rhodes

Spence
captain of 1,000

Post by Spence »

liberty_belle wrote:What does that mean durangout?

Here in AZ they do take credit card and checks, so I wonder if they would have to hand the information over!
Operations Security

uglypitbull
captain of 1,000

Re: Feds demand customer lists from LDS Cannery

Post by uglypitbull »

I was wondering when this would start ever since I heard the 7 day rule....here is another news story

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/%2015 ... eparedness" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

It is short for "operational security". In other words, tell no one about any preperations you have made. Don't discuss how much food storage, guns & ammo, precious metals, cash-on-hand, camping equipment, supplies of any kind, ....

How many times have you heard stories of people saying things like "If something bad happens, I'm coming to your house for food". People who have missed 3 meals will do just about anything. You, of course, have seen the mele that occurs on Black Friday, right? Imagine what those same people would do to get food for their kids if they hadn't eaten in days or weeks.

My guess was that it was somebody from the State not the Federal Gov't because there was a state wide preperation initiative going on that day. Not that that matters as it's not gov't business to know what I may or may not have.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

durangout wrote:

It is short for "operational security". In other words, tell no one about any preperations you have made. Don't discuss how much food storage, guns & ammo, precious metals, cash-on-hand, camping equipment, supplies of any kind, ....

How many times have you heard stories of people saying things like "If something bad happens, I'm coming to your house for food". People who have missed 3 meals will do just about anything. You, of course, have seen the mele that occurs on Black Friday, right? Imagine what those same people would do to get food for their kids if they hadn't eaten in days or weeks.

My guess was that it was somebody from the State not the Federal Gov't because there was a state wide preperation initiative going on that day. Not that that matters as it's not gov't business to know what I may or may not have.
I will just tell them that I gave all my food storage to Shawn and Shadow so that they could share it with all their neighbors. Boise and Logan are a long ways away from San Diego so I have nothing to worry about. #:-s

moonwhim
captain of 1,000

Post by moonwhim »

moonwhim
captain of 1,000

Post by moonwhim »

Fed Interest in Food Storage Facility Connected to FEMA Executive Order 10999

Kurt Nimmo
Infowars.com
December 9, 2011

On Thursday, Stewart Rhodes of Oath Keepers posted a bulletin on the organization’s blog reporting on federal agents demanding a food storage cannery in Tennessee turn over customer lists so they might discover who is purchasing bulk storable foods and storing it at the facility owned by Mormons.

As Rhodes notes, it is part of Mormon Church religious doctrine to store food for hard times and emergencies. Church doctrine states that each family store a year’s worth of basic dry goods along with three months worth of store-bought canned and boxed foods. “These Church canneries also often sell food storage items to non-church members, seeing it as both morally right and prudent to help their neighbors store food, whatever their faith,” Rhodes explains.

He then speculates as to why the feds would demand customer lists. “DHS/FEMA wants to know which Americans have food storage so the federal government can at some future point confiscate that food. Just as with lists of gun owners, compiling such lists is the first step toward future confiscation,” he writes.
In fact, the government codified the concept of food confiscation and redistribution when president Kennedy issued Executive Order 10999 on February 16, 1962.

10999 was one of several executive orders signed by Kennedy under the rubric of “national emergency” that extended extrajudicial power to FEMA, including the ability to control communications, energy, food, fuel, farms, transportation, highways, railroads, inland waterways and seaports, health, education and welfare. The EO also allows FEMA to organize citizen work brigades under government control and undertake the relocation of the population.

10999 also gives FEMA the authority to control all public storage facilities.
On June 3, 1994, president Clinton consolidated all previous FEMA executive orders into one all-encompassing order, #12919.

As many have noted, FEMA is not an emergency agency. It is a martial law agency. It is often referred to as the “secret government” of the United States.

“It is not an elected body, it does not involve itself in public disclosures, and it even has a quasi-secret budget in the billions of dollars,” writes Harry V. Martin. “This government organization has more power than the President of the United States or the Congress, it has the power to suspend laws, move entire populations, arrest and detain citizens without a warrant and hold them without trial, it can seize property, food supplies, transportation systems, and can suspend the Constitution.”

If we take the above into consideration, it makes sense that the feds would be interested in keeping track of facilities storing food supplies.

AGalagaChiasmus
captain of 100

Post by AGalagaChiasmus »

durangout wrote:

I have direct experience with this. I was talking with my co-workers about preparedness in a general sense. He made the half-joking, half-not comment that while he was younger growing up in Tulsa, OK, the folk wisdom for if the crap hit the fan, "all you need is a gun and know where a Mormon lives". That was 2 and half years ago, and I still believe if something does happen, he'd go through with that little pearl of wisdom. @-) :-ss

Glenn
captain of 100

Post by Glenn »

AGalagaChiasmus wrote:
durangout wrote:

I have direct experience with this. I was talking with my co-workers about preparedness in a general sense. He made the half-joking, half-not comment that while he was younger growing up in Tulsa, OK, the folk wisdom for if the crap hit the fan, "all you need is a gun and know where a Mormon lives". That was 2 and half years ago, and I still believe if something does happen, he'd go through with that little pearl of wisdom. @-) :-ss
Having just returned after a long sojourn in Tulsa, Oklahoma I can tell you that I'm more concerned about fellow "Mormons" here in Utah...In fact some members in my ward have actively mocked fellow members regarding their food storage. These so called members have even bragged about hiring gunmen to take food from fellow members if needed ("They have money and that's all they need").........At least in Oklahoma there are a good number of Christians of other faiths who are awake and actively prepping for whats to to come.

uglypitbull
captain of 1,000

Post by uglypitbull »

Update: Just got off the phone with my local cannery's director and he says the cannery story is a hoax. He says he contacted the TN counterparts and none of them knew what it was all about.

FWIW

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

Just because another local cannery director and/or even others higher up the chain, etc., don't know about it doesn't necessarily make it a hoax. Neither the Church, nor its local cannery program, are beyond having the right hand not know what the left hand is doing -- and certainly not beyond not knowing what the left hand, in all its various locations, has experienced. I could be wrong, but I have a hard time buying that Stewart Rhodes would knowingly run a completely hoaxy story. I'd say the jury's still out.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

The Oath Keepers website is down right now but here's a link to the cached copy of the article.

uglypitbull
captain of 1,000

Post by uglypitbull »

Its back up now..... http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2011/12/08/ ... -facility/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tmac: On the article they say it was confirmed.....I agree that our cannery here in Mesa might not have info in regards to what happened in TN, but he did say he called them directly and they had no idea what he was talking about. I added the FWIW (for what its worth) at the bottom of my post to relay that I was just passing on info...I am not sure what to believe right now either. I can certainly see the feds doing something like this. The Oathkeepers article is well written too. Some canneries DO keep lists and its been explained that is for recall reasons....but we all know they could be used for nefarious purposes as well. It appears we will have to stay tuned on this one for now.

Songbird
captain of 1,000

Post by Songbird »

Real on no, it is a scary piece. IN the video, they said they had verified it, so I wonder what that means....

uglypitbull
captain of 1,000

Post by uglypitbull »

Songbird wrote:Real on no, it is a scary piece. IN the video, they said they had verified it, so I wonder what that means....
I totally agree......scary stuff!

from the article...... This incident was confirmed, in person, by Oath Keepers Tennessee Chapter President, Rand Cardwell. Here is Rand’s report:

“A fellow veteran contacted me concerning a new and disturbing development. He had been utilizing a Mormon cannery near his home to purchase bulk food supplies. The man that manages the facility relayed to him that federal agents had visited the facility and demanded a list of individuals that had been purchasing bulk food. The manager informed the agents that the facility kept no such records and that all transactions were conducted on a cash-and-carry basis. The agents pressed for any record of personal checks, credit card transactions, etc., but the manager could provide no such record. The agents appeared to become very agitated and after several minutes of questioning finally left with no information. I contacted the manager and personally confirmed this information."

Rass922
captain of 100

Feds Demand List Of Mormon Food Storage Facility

Post by Rass922 »

http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2011/12/08/ ... -facility/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oath Keepers has learned that federal agents recently visited a Latter Day Saints (Mormon) Church food storage cannery in Tennessee, demanding customer lists, wanting to know the identity of Americans who are purchasing food storage from the Mormons.

This incident was confirmed, in person, by Oath Keepers Tennessee Chapter President, Rand Cardwell. Here is Rand’s report:

“A fellow veteran contacted me concerning a new and disturbing development. He had been utilizing a Mormon cannery near his home to purchase bulk food supplies. The man that manages the facility relayed to him that federal agents had visited the facility and demanded a list of individuals that had been purchasing bulk food. The manager informed the agents that the facility kept no such records and that all transactions were conducted on a cash-and-carry basis. The agents pressed for any record of personal checks, credit card transactions, etc., but the manager could provide no such record. The agents appeared to become very agitated and after several minutes of questioning finally left with no information. I contacted the manager and personally confirmed this information.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Feds Demand List Of Mormon Food Storage Facility

Post by BroJones »

Didn't Judge Napolitano state that any food storage over SEVEN days (not weeks or months) is enough to make the hoarder suspicious of being some kind of terrorist? does anyone have that link?

As for me, I still think we should follow the Prophets who have advised us to have three MONTHS of "normal-eating" foods on hand, AND in ADDITION a "LONG-TERM SUPPLY" of foods such as wheat, rice, beans, sugar/honey... But we may have to proceed more cautiously, buying with cash etc.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

I see there are two threads on this subject. I do feel that the we need to continue to follow the Prophets' counsel to have food storage -- lots of it -- that's what they have said and I think it is wise. NOW, whether to keep that in one spot or many etc., lots of things to think about.

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

I forwarded this particular article to some family members (the ones that aren't particularly interested in food storage) but haven't had any response yet. It is certainly chilling. This should never happen in the USA.

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

Looks like this may be a duplicative thread/discussion. See http://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopi ... 20&t=20351" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;