When did shaving begin?

A place for conservative women to discuss true women's liberation, the role of women in healing America, the truth about feminism and more...
Ann
captain of 10

Re: When did shaving begin?

Post by Ann »

Fiannan wrote:
Ann wrote:This thread started out frightening! Not losing hair on the head/getting a full head of hair, fantastic. Legs and underarms? And getting it back? Absolutely terrifying.
What women will look like in the next life? http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-bJQRSjS6ymA/U ... pits+2.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One thing though, this is what all women looked like in the days of Emma Smith.

Eww!! Maybe razors are one of those amazing inventions that will be around forever through the eternities. One can hope. It's just so hard imagining living in those days with hairy armpit and legs. Or worse (for me/us), going through hard times to come like the dreams and NDE everyone is posting about without razors. It's funny I just saw this now. I went for a Sunday drive through the mountains yesterday and was thinking about how prepared I am not. I don't have razors! What was I thinking! I need a lifetime supply of razors! Hahaha. It was funny. Had to be there I guess.

Kitkat
captain of 100

Post by Kitkat »

It's easy. Who is the most hairy person we know of besides Esau in scripture? Is it not Cain? End of story. Is it a curse to be so hairy, maybe even like unto the beast?. Constantly having to work with noxious weeds on our body, aka Hair, seems like our perfect form in the hereafter will eliminate body hair that was after all a natural man-ism.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Kitkat wrote:It's easy. Who is the most hairy person we know of besides Esau in scripture? Is it not Cain? End of story. Is it a curse to be so hairy, maybe even like unto the beast?. Constantly having to work with noxious weeds on our body, aka Hair, seems like our perfect form in the hereafter will eliminate body hair that was after all a natural man-ism.
In Islam men and women are supposed to remove body hair: http://islam.stackexchange.com/question ... pubic-hair" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have heard that ancient Egyptians removed body hair so they could be more like the gods.

Of course this has certain advantages. If everyone removed body hair then the lice that live in these environments would become extinct. I read a while back that such infestations were on a steep decline in the USA as more and more men and women prefer the Brazilian.

Melissa
captain of 1,000

Post by Melissa »

I remember the time I first thought to shave my legs. I entered the 7th grade in SoCal and during PE class some Hispanic girls with fancy hair, nails, and makeup mocked and laughed at me for having hairy legs.

It sure was an eye opener to me! I was just happy and content with my legs before that encounter. (didn't realize hairy legs meant I was less female) actually- I didn't even realize I had hairy legs until that day. My hair was blond too, barely visible.

So to me, mere culture has me shaving.
Other than that I go against the norm of about every other beauty thing culture would have me do. I'm pretty natural and look good, never had a problem getting attention BECAUSE I was natural.

I wonder if men truly even like that women are so vain? I mean wear so much make up and doll up their hair (to the point they can't run their fingers through it), spend hours in the bathroom and wear lots of jewelry and fashionable clothing. Sounds expensive!

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Melissa wrote:I remember the time I first thought to shave my legs. I entered the 7th grade in SoCal and during PE class some Hispanic girls with fancy hair, nails, and makeup mocked and laughed at me for having hairy legs.

It sure was an eye opener to me! I was just happy and content with my legs before that encounter. (didn't realize hairy legs meant I was less female) actually- I didn't even realize I had hairy legs until that day. My hair was blond too, barely visible.

Other than that I go against the norm of about every other beauty thing culture would have me do. I'm pretty natural and look good, never had a problem getting attention BECAUSE I was natural.

I wonder if men truly even like that women are so vain? I mean wear so much make up and doll up their hair (to the point they can't run their fingers through it), spend hours in the bathroom and wear lots of jewelry and fashionable clothing. Sounds expensive!
Most men do not care about makeup on women. Most men would be happy if their wives met them at the door with a pizza and sporting no makeup when they return from work. As for hair, there are guys who hate any hair, are indifferent or like a woman who goes all natural. Just remember, none of Brigham Young's wives shaved. Women did not do that in those days. Personally I think it should be up to the woman and she should not care what others think. When a woman starts dating and the guy sees her in a swimming suit, and is okay with whatever her desired look is, then he will call back for additional dates.

Melissa
captain of 1,000

Post by Melissa »

Fiannan wrote:
Melissa wrote:I remember the time I first thought to shave my legs. I entered the 7th grade in SoCal and during PE class some Hispanic girls with fancy hair, nails, and makeup mocked and laughed at me for having hairy legs.

Most men do not care about makeup on women. Most men would be happy if their wives met them at the door with a pizza and sporting no makeup when they return from work. As for hair, there are guys who hate any hair, are indifferent or like a woman who goes all natural. Just remember, none of Brigham Young's wives shaved. Women did not do that in those days. Personally I think it should be up to the woman and she should not care what others think. When a woman starts dating and the guy sees her in a swimming suit, and is okay with whatever her desired look is, then he will call back for additional dates.
This reminds me of a youth trip to a water park where one of our leaders didn't shave her self and was spilling out of her swim suit. No one said anything but it sure bothered me. Then again I don't think you should be wearing clothing that doesn't cover up that stuff, she should have had some shorts on or something. It was really disturbing to me. I couldn't believe she didn't notice - she was a bit weird though.

Buy hey, that's the only time I seen anything like that and I have spent tons of time around pools and beaches.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

It is interesting that we have one thread with some people saying hair is something that needs to be removed from women's bodies and another that has people condemning cosmetic alterations of said bodies. Ironic.

WrintingRandy
Hi, I'm new.

Post by WrintingRandy »

Hey all !

I'm male and shave my legs, mainly because it is more hygienic.
I also want to be different ;
So sometimes I only shave one leg and leave the other one hairy.

But I always leave my thighs hairy so it looks like I wear shorts made of hair,
I hope to find a wife in the future who wants to grow these hairy shorts too.

I studied genderism for a time and that makes you more loose and open about products like nailpolish.
I wrote articles about that and tried out a lot, maybe I should post a few?
Who is interested ?

God Bless !