Changing diperes

A place for conservative women to discuss true women's liberation, the role of women in healing America, the truth about feminism and more...
deep water
captain of 1,000

Changing diperes

Post by deep water »

I have 5 grown children and (thank goodness) I seldom had to change diapers. I am tending my 2 year old granddaughter and had to change her dipper. My question is how many times do I have to wash my hands for the smell to go away. I am on my 4th washing, and it smells the same as the first time. Should I have worn gloves. I do not see my daughter or my wife wear them. Is this the real purpose of lotion?

PS: I just doused them in isopropyl alcohol and the one hand still smells different (bad) than the other one.
Last edited by deep water on November 12th, 2014, 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ruby
captain of 100

Re: Changing diperes

Post by Ruby »

That's funny!
My husband says the only thing that works to get the smell out of his hands is "T-Gel" (a dandruff shampoo that contains coal tar.)
Essential oils work as well.
The trick is to NOT get it on your hands in the first place!
My theory is that if your hands are dry they absorb the smell. Try putting on lotion before you change the next diaper.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

That's why I never wiped. Off with the old (throw in the backyard), on with the new.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

sen6b wrote:You must have a lovely back yard Ajax
Eh, starving dogs usually got at 'em.

Now that I think of it, I think that's why my kids walk funny to this day. :-?

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

deep water wrote:I have 5 grown children and (thank goodness) I seldom had to change diapers. I am tending my 2 year old granddaughter and had to change her dipper. My question is how many times do I have to wash my hands for the smell to go away. I am on my 4th washing, and it smells the same as the first time. Should I have worn gloves. I do not see my daughter or my wife wear them. Is this the real purpose of lotion?

PS: I just doused them in isopropyl alcohol and the one hand still smells different (bad) than the other one.
Mix about a cup of vinegar, two cups water, a teaspoon of liquid soap, and about 200 drops of whatever essential oils you want. Put that in a spray bottle and use it after you change a diaper. This will also take any smells out of furniture, clothing, etc. Guaranteed!! :)

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Double up the wipes first time for your first swipe. You might need to do it for the second, too, if it's an especially bad diaper. The trick is making sure your hands don't get smelly in the first place.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robert Sinclair »

For goodness sake, use an abundance of baby wipes and away from your hands. Even if you have to use the whole container. ♡ :)

Possibly having had 10 children and 12 grandchildren and one greatgrandchild has taught me not to let your hands get dirty just use a ton of wash ups and keep plenty on hand plus baby powder leaves a nice smell in the air as well. ♡ :)

No mommy gets paid enough for that continual job that's for sure, that's what I have learned over the years. ♡ :)

boo
captain of 1,000

Post by boo »

deep water wrote:I have 5 grown children and (thank goodness) I seldom had to change diapers. I am tending my 2 year old granddaughter and had to change her dipper. My question is how many times do I have to wash my hands for the smell to go away. I am on my 4th washing, and it smells the same as the first time. Should I have worn gloves. I do not see my daughter or my wife wear them. Is this the real purpose of lotion?

What a pansy ! Be a man

jbalm
The Third Comforter

Post by jbalm »

You hitting on ajax?

deep water
captain of 1,000

Post by deep water »

I put her in the shower until the diaper came off then sprayed her until I thought it safe. At that point I washed her as I would myself. I will try waiting next time. There is just something about a baby's diaper.

Ruby
captain of 100

Post by Ruby »

deep water wrote: I will try waiting next time. There is just something about a baby's diaper.
Abuse! ;)

Cookies
captain of 100

Post by Cookies »

Toothpaste covers up poo smell pretty good.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

sen6b wrote:
jbalm wrote:
You hitting on ajax?
The main reason i married my husband is because he DIDN'T have poopy diapers in his backyard. So no.
You're easy to please! :D

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

sen6b wrote:
jbalm wrote:
You hitting on ajax?
The main reason i married my husband is because he DIDN'T have poopy diapers in his backyard. So no.
How's his backyard now?

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Interesting, weird, discussion. I have changed at least a few diapers over the past 10 years w/ 5 kids (but not even close to as many as my wife has) but I don't recall this being an issue.. and I am one who likes to make sure my hands are clean and not smelly.

:ymsick: