The weird years supply item I insist on

A place for conservative women to discuss true women's liberation, the role of women in healing America, the truth about feminism and more...
Lehibeliever
captain of 10

The weird years supply item I insist on

Post by Lehibeliever »

Diva cup- reusable alternative to tampons and maxi pads. Been using this one same cup for over a decade and LOVE it! I highly recommend it! And so not storing a years supply or more of feminine products!! P.S., it pays for itself rather quickly.

JoannaML
captain of 10

Re: The weird years supply item I insist on

Post by JoannaML »

I have heard of these. My friend suggested it to me because she loves it. I have also started sewing reusable pads. I have done some research and made quite a few. I'm planning on having a stash along with the Diva cup. This is seriously great info for us women who are preparing our year supply of hygienic items. Keep spreading the word. I've now moved on into reusable diapers which doesn't excite me very much. But I feel prompted to put together a birthing and newborn baby kit. I'm sure someone will need it but I have a feeling I will too, gulp.

butterfly
captain of 1,000

Post by butterfly »

But I feel prompted to put together a birthing and newborn baby kit. I'm sure someone will need it but I have a feeling I will too, gulp.
i've had similar impressions. when you hear about children being born in these circumstances and realize that could be your situation, it adds a different level to preparedness. i've distinctly felt that one of the reasons i was prompted to do home birth instead of a hospital birth would be to prepare myself for giving birth alone/ without the aid of doctors and nurses and so that i wouldn't freak out in such situations and could help other women who are birthing babies as well.
it's a whole different perspective from "being delivered by a doctor in a hospital" to giving life just as Heavenly Father created our bodies to do.

Luthien
captain of 10

Post by Luthien »

I've been thinking about getting a diva cup.... Never heard of them until recently. I'm worried about...err... Sizing issues?! I know they come in 2 sizes only but I'm sort of .."petite/short" size if you know what I mean. Geez I can't believe I'm posting this...
Also worried I'm gonna need the hubby to get a flashlight and go fishin' if it gets lost!
How long does it take to get used to it? You sure it doesn't...uhh..."hang out"?? Thanks for any additional info! They aren't cheap so I'm hesitant.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

Luthien wrote:I've been thinking about getting a diva cup.... Never heard of them until recently. I'm worried about...err... Sizing issues?! I know they come in 2 sizes only but I'm sort of .."petite/short" size if you know what I mean. Geez I can't believe I'm posting this...
Also worried I'm gonna need the hubby to get a flashlight and go fishin' if it gets lost!
How long does it take to get used to it? You sure it doesn't...uhh..."hang out"?? Thanks for any additional info! They aren't cheap so I'm hesitant.
The two sizes are pre-vaginal birth and post-vaginal birth (they may also be considered pre-30 years old and post-30 years old, if one has not had a baby. It has been a long time since I researched them).

It would be good to do an internet search on menstrual cups because there are many kinds out there. I don't remember the kinds I came across (I don't need them anymore), but it seems like there was one that looked like it ought to be more comfortable than the Diva brand. (I never did try another kind/brand, though.)

Luthien
captain of 10

Post by Luthien »

Thanks - I worry about the end hanging out and being uncomfortable - especially when sitting. I'll take a gander at Google..... :)

bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by bobhenstra »

Luthien wrote:Thanks - I worry about the end hanging out and being uncomfortable - especially when sitting. I'll take a gander at Google..... :)
My wife tried one of those, it got in the way!

Grzyby15
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Grzyby15 »

Never heard of these before. Sounds strange:p

Bee Prepared
captain of 1,000

Post by Bee Prepared »

This is from the museum of menstruation, its a menstrual cup dress. If while using your year supply, and you get invited to the," Call Out Prom"
here you go!