She had a CTR ring on her wedding-ring finger

A place for conservative women to discuss true women's liberation, the role of women in healing America, the truth about feminism and more...
The_Young_Wolf
Hi, I'm new.

She had a CTR ring on her wedding-ring finger

Post by The_Young_Wolf »

(Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this thread)

I was at institute the other night and was sitting next to a cute sister who, I'm assuming is single in the sense that she isn't married (the institute we were at is one held by my single's ward). Anyways, I saw on her wedding-ring finger that she was wearing a CTR ring . That was all on that finger. There wasn't an accompanying wedding/engagement ring. Originally I thought about saying hi and introducing myself, but I backed off after seeing the ring. 'Maybe she has a boyfriend or a missionary she's writing' were the thoughts that came to my mind.

I've seen this on girls before at school. Girls that I know aren't married but I can't tell if they're in a relationship or not. Is wearing a CTR ring on your wedding-ring finger a common sort of promise-ring some girls put on per chance they are waiting for a missionary or in a serious relationship but not yet fully engaged?

Thank

The_Young_Wolf
Hi, I'm new.

Re: She had a CTR ring on her wedding-ring finger

Post by The_Young_Wolf »

sen6b wrote: I've never heard of that before.

Maybe it's a Utah County thing? I've seen it on a few girls. I mean... I guess she's taken. Why else would you have a ring on your wedding-ring finger? A CTR ring just doesn't really evoke the look of an engagement/wedding ring....

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

Choose The Rich guy

Theses are given to daughters by mom's who learned a lesson... :)

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

sen6b wrote:Maybe it means they are looking for someone who is a member? Idk I was on a different planet back when I was dating....haha
What planet are you on now? /duck

:D :ymhug:

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

If you're interested in asking her out, just ask her if there's a reason she's wearing a CTR ring on her left hand. No need to try to figure out current Utah dating habits!

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

sen6b wrote:
Original_Intent wrote:
sen6b wrote:Maybe it means they are looking for someone who is a member? Idk I was on a different planet back when I was dating....haha
What planet are you on now? /duck

:D :ymhug:
Same as you. :D
Lol, you obviously don't know me very well or you would not make such a claim!

The_Young_Wolf
Hi, I'm new.

Post by The_Young_Wolf »

Everyone, I appreciate the advice and thoughts. If I see her again I'll talk to her

Bananikka
captain of 100

Post by Bananikka »

The_Young_Wolf wrote:(Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this thread)

I was at institute the other night and was sitting next to a cute sister who, I'm assuming is single in the sense that she isn't married (the institute we were at is one held by my single's ward). Anyways, I saw on her wedding-ring finger that she was wearing a CTR ring . That was all on that finger. There wasn't an accompanying wedding/engagement ring. Originally I thought about saying hi and introducing myself, but I backed off after seeing the ring. 'Maybe she has a boyfriend or a missionary she's writing' were the thoughts that came to my mind.

I've seen this on girls before at school. Girls that I know aren't married but I can't tell if they're in a relationship or not. Is wearing a CTR ring on your wedding-ring finger a common sort of promise-ring some girls put on per chance they are waiting for a missionary or in a serious relationship but not yet fully engaged?

Thank
Wow. PLEASE don't take anybodys word here saying that she is "taken". I have known lots of girls (SINGLE girls) who wear their CTR rings there, and I did for years (when single). Sometimes it looks nice there, sometimes it's the only place it fits! Sheesh guys you can't assume things like this. My advise is just ask her why assume if you'd like to ask her out. :)

The_Young_Wolf
Hi, I'm new.

Post by The_Young_Wolf »

Bananikka wrote:

Thank
Wow. PLEASE don't take anybodys word here saying that she is "taken". I have known lots of girls (SINGLE girls) who wear their CTR rings there, and I did for years (when single). Sometimes it looks nice there, sometimes it's the only place it fits! Sheesh guys you can't assume things like this. My advise is just ask her why assume if you'd like to ask her out. :)
Haha okay I will take your advice and if I see her again I'll say something to her. Thanks for letting me know some times girls wear the CTR ring on the wedding finger but it doesn't necessarily mean they are taken

boo
captain of 1,000

Post by boo »

The_Young_Wolf wrote:
Bananikka wrote:

Thank
Haha okay I will take your advice and if I see her again I'll say something to her. Thanks for letting me know some times girls wear the CTR ring on the wedding finger but it doesn't necessarily mean they are taken
Chicken. Man up and ask her out. At this rate you will never get married

The_Young_Wolf
Hi, I'm new.

Post by The_Young_Wolf »

boo wrote: Chicken. Man up and ask her out. At this rate you will never get married
I agree. Everyone close to me tells me I need to date more. I'll do it. I suppose every marriage had a first date

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

I used to wear my CTR ring on my wedding finger because I figured if a guy didn't know what it represented, he wouldn't ask me out, but if he did, he would know I wasn't married.

boo
captain of 1,000

Post by boo »

The_Young_Wolf wrote:
boo wrote: Chicken. Man up and ask her out. At this rate you will never get married
I agree. Everyone close to me tells me I need to date more. I'll do it. I suppose every marriage had a first date
I meet my wife on a very blind date. I knew nothing about her nor she me except we both knew my aged aunt,My aunt gave me her phone number , i called her up ,kept her on the phone for an hour and then asked her out. Best work I ever did, She went out and bingo . 32 years and several kids later we are the most happily matted couple we know. Don't be a pansy. Be a man

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

:)) I don't know why I hadn't thought of wearing a ctr ring on my wedding finger...
Of all the things you want to be sure to choose the right about, it's marriage!! :D

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

I'm originally from Texas and while a missionary, I started wearing a custom-designed silver CTR ring that I made in high school on my ring finger. Wore it until I got married and then wore it as a wedding ring. Then wore a titanium ring for several years and just recently switched to a silicon ring.

Sometimes people just do things for no particular reason. It's best to ask rather than speculate. When I got asked if I was married every now and then, I just replied "Nope, it's just a ring and it happens to fit best on that particular finger." True story.