Questioning my Garments

A place for conservative women to discuss true women's liberation, the role of women in healing America, the truth about feminism and more...
Desert Roses
captain of 1,000

Re: Questioning my Garments

Post by Desert Roses »

freedomforall wrote: Go back and read my account of a vacation I was on years ago, and see for yourself what the wearing of garments can do...if we believe. Faith is essential. Mocking will never bring the mysteries of God to light, nor any enlightening understanding.
As far as "possession" is concerned, any person that believes in Christ and strives to do according to his examples unto us, and has faith... can demand Satan to depart. There again, faith is key. Even Christ was approached be Satan and was tempted. Christ simply said, get thee hence, and Satan departed. Faith, faith, faith, faith! Is having fear of being possessed a display of faith?

Faith is the moving cause of all action.
In the last several months I have been focusing on the symbols in the temple, and what they could mean. I've worn the garment since 1977, and yet never really realized the meaning of the garment and the marks. Suddenly, I realized the power of those marks. They are symbols that remind us of deep realities under each one of our covenants. Four covenants: four marks. Each reminds us of the ultimate reality. That is real protection! Yes, physical protection happens, based on faith. I personally have been protected in situations, and have seen others protected from burns, from amputation, from other kinds of wounds. My own mother was in a terrible car accident, and her garments protected her from losing an arm. But for me, the more critical reason to wear the garment is the symbols and power those symbols provide me every minute of every day in overcoming my own weak, mortal nature, and coming closer to being what God has in store for me. I am reminded of that every time I choose clothes, or remember them on my body.

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

I served as an ordinance worker in the JR temple for two years. We encouraged the sisters to choose white bras for the temple, but we never want to embarrass any sister. I think it would be a good idea for bishops or whoever teaches the temple prep classes to encourage white underwear for the temple, as well as discourage the use of heavy perfumes. Limiting perfumes is being gracious as there are many sisters (workers and patrons) with allergies. As with most things, it comes down to respect and common sense.

SAM
captain of 100

Post by SAM »

kathyn wrote:I wear my garments because I covenanted to and I do feel there's protection in wearing them. I've not been tempted not to wear them....if it's really really hot, I might have a bit of discomfort, but I am so blessed to be able to wear them. They remind me of sacred things. It helps to do the "initiatory" ordinances at the temple to remind me of why the garments are so important. There's only one voice I know of that would tell anyone not to wear the garment and that would be the voice of the adversary.
Please don't take this the wrong way as me trying to be argumentative because I'm honestly curious if I'm missing something, but I can't recall having made a covenant to wear garments. Yes, when we are clothed in them, we are told to wear them throughout our lives (which can be interpreted in many ways, but that's tangential to my question) but I can't think of any actual covenant to do that. Can someone point out where that actually happens?

I realize they are symbolic of covenants we have made in the temple, but it seems the actually wearing part isn't part of any covenant. Please correct me if I'm wrong there. And, no, I'm not trying to make excuses to not wear them. I've worn mine faithfully since I was endowed over a decade ago, even being 9 months pregnant in the Southern AZ heat (twice - 2 August burn babies there). If that's not a good excuse to take off extra layers I don't know what is! Anyway, I would really like to understand better the purpose for this particular practice.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

I wear garments almost all the time, except for exercise and a few other occasions. Have to note that once when I was visiting Orem it was a really hot day. After I went to my friend's meetings that Sunday I decided to go jogging on the bike trail at Provo Canyon. I finally shed my shirt and could not believe the nasty looks from couples who were going on a stroll and still in some of their Sunday clothes. I will note that when I run in just shorts anywhere else I don't get any nasty looks at all. ;)

I think members can take garments a bit to the extreme (I have known of at least one couple who had five or sex kids but had never seen each other naked). I like what Jules said about shoes -- yes, you wear them throughout your life but there are times you don't. And we should never, ever judge someone by if they are wearing garments or not as it is a personal choice that affects nobody whatsoever.

Francoise2900
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Francoise2900 »

These are some great--honest--responses. I applaud you for being honest with yourself. That is wonderful. Some people never learn to do that very well. It helps to NOT be too honest in a church meeting where at least one person present can swat down your comment--too bad but unfortunately common. Thank Heaven for a place like this!
If you still have this question and you are still reading this---please proceed with prayer and journaling step by step so you can get your questions answered. Sometimes it is hard to be "active" and still address our questions at the pace we need to.
Check out http://www.heart-t-heart.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; as a safe place to work out some issues.
Best wishes!!!

Bananikka
captain of 100

Post by Bananikka »

kathyn wrote:I served as an ordinance worker in the JR temple for two years. We encouraged the sisters to choose white bras for the temple, but we never want to embarrass any sister. I think it would be a good idea for bishops or whoever teaches the temple prep classes to encourage white underwear for the temple, as well as discourage the use of heavy perfumes. Limiting perfumes is being gracious as there are many sisters (workers and patrons) with allergies. As with most things, it comes down to respect and common sense.
I have the curse of having anything mint flavored just literally make me want to vomit. It's awful! Mint toothpaste, mouthwash , gum, anything! I get awful Migraines, start this weird, hours long burp-a-thon and as I said, my stomach gets so upset that I almost throw up.
I am just devastated when somebody closeby smells of mint, I get physically ill and can't move away fast enough.
Once I had to go to an important interview and a man sitting beside me was chewing mint gum. I groaned inwardly and tried to scoot away from him as far as I could. Almost immediately I started to burp (and I'm a lady - blush) over and over again. I gave him Looks like "please, please!" (I know, please what? Lol)
I finally asked if we could open the door as the smell of mint (hint hint) made me ill. (I was pale and obviously feeling sick by now)
I got an annoyed look from the lady but she obliged.
Sadly however the open door was not enough (it was a tiny ofice too! *sniff*) so I asked if we could open a window and finally looked right at the woman interviewing means said plainly "I'm sorry but the smell of mint really makes me sick".
Then I looked apologetically but pleadingly to the man chewing the gum.
He then proceeded (with the woman) to completely ignore what I'd said and continue with the interview. I was shocked! (But I did complain about them both on my way out at the main office ;) )
I realize this may be rare, but I have heard of a few others with this strong aversion to mint so please guys keep this (mint!) in mind too!

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

One of the temple interview questions is about wearing your garments day and night. You don't need to wear them for swimming or other athletic activities or being intimate with your mate, but we are encouraged to wear them as much as possible. In the temple, the importance of the garment is made clear and it's also clear that we are to wear them. If you are looking for excuses not to wear the garment (like you want to wear shorts or halter tops all the time because it's hot outside) then that's not very valid, IMHO.

wompus
captain of 100

Post by wompus »

LouiseLane13 wrote:This is my first post. I’m hoping I posted this in the right place. I don’t really know how to explain but lately I’ve been feeling that I don’t wish to wear my garments anymore. I feel that I need to reflect on why I actually wear them and not worry so much about what others think. I don’t know if I truly understand. I feel that I get caught up in thinking what others might think if I stop wearing my garments (not that I plan to dress too crazy or anything). I really don’t think I should be caring what others think. If wearing them because everyone else is and because we are supposed to is my reasoning, I don’t feel it’s right.

I know I haven’t been the most spiritual person lately. I don’t read my scriptures and I only pray once a day. I find myself questioning what I really do believe. (*Side note I am a convert. Technically I have been LDS since I was baptized at 9 but I only attended church a handful of times growing up and my parents weren’t LDS. I have only been active for maybe 3 years and even now I don’t know if I’m technically ‘active’). I’m so thankful that I didn’t grow up in the LDS culture (no offense to anyone who has enjoyed being a part of it). Before I never focused on clothes or piercings or tattoos- I knew and still know that they don’t make a person any better or different or worse than me. I think how we treat people is much more important than the clothes we wear, even if they are garments underneath our clothes.

I hope that this makes sense. Is it wrong to stop wearing them and reflect and read and truly learn about why I feel this way? I would love some words of encouragement or loving advice.
The garment is an outward expression of an inner commitment... The true question is how strong is your testimony? You admit that you aren't doing things to keep the spirit in your life and now satan is trying to get you to lower your moral defenses.... By removing the symbol of purity you clothe yourself with each day.

Most women who stop wearing their garments begin to focus on turning their bodies into worldly idols to be worshiped by the standards of society.... You know what I mean, you want to look sexy and garments are not sexy.

The Lord delights in the chastity of his daughters... And too many of his daughters are caught up in satans socials schemes from seeing their true beauty... Why are women so willing to put their self worth into the hands of men who dont value them in the first place?

My wife and I have had several talks about this... I wear my garments when i workout, run, bike... Almost any physical activity. She teaches workout classes and does not wear her garments... She hates that i 'ruin' my garments so quickly. While reading in the New Testament one day i read the parable about when Jesus was accused of working of the sabbath and he said who of you who had a donkey that fell into a ditch on Sunday would wait till Monday to get him out.... Then he asked was the sabbath made for man or man for the sabbath? What does that phrase mean, think about it?

Well was the garment made for man or man for the garment. I dont want my garments to be sitting on the shelf in pristine condition... The Lord wants the garments to serve their purpose, to be worm out in service... I think The Lord expects us to wear holes in our garments rather than keeping them in the special occasion drawer.

To you sister who is contemplating not wearing your garments... If you do not believe thou are being blessed by wearing them, I would ask you to take that to The Lord in honest prayer... Those are a gift to you from him. I dont have any amazing story of being protective physically.... But I can tell you many, many, MANY times i have felt evil around me and i pray to my Father in Heaven and call upon his power because of my faithfulness in honoring my covenant i made with him to wear his holy garment, and I can tell you it HAS been a shield to me against the powers of satan... If you remove them, you will come to know of what i speak, however not in a good way!

wompus
captain of 100

Post by wompus »

Btw.. My avatar is not wearing his garments....

ithink
captain of 1,000

Post by ithink »

Desert Roses wrote:In the last several months I have been focusing on the symbols in the temple, and what they could mean. I've worn the garment since 1977, and yet never really realized the meaning of the garment and the marks. Suddenly, I realized the power of those marks.
Some time ago, I was in the home of a former member of the RLDS church. He was also a mason. I looked carefully through his collection of masonic pins given through his masonic rituals. I was intrigued as I saw all the familiar ones from Mormonism, but felt ripped off to see there were not just three distinct shapes in four places, but many, many more. Many other symbols had he, and all with deep significance also. I wondered why we have just these artifacts, while so many others with equally deep meaning have been lost (or perhaps just weren't imported in the first place). I did see though, that he had the original shape on one of Hyrums garments, a crescent, had survived in the masonic rituals, but not ours, and wondered, if so revealed from God this was in the first place: why change it?

So I can't say I disagree with your feeling of the deep significance of all this, but I did feel shortchanged, that I wasn't getting the full meal deal. I've tried, but I can't say I've ever been able to shake that feeling since.

nicknack22
captain of 50

Post by nicknack22 »

My personal belief is that we should try to receive commands from the Lord through the Spirit before we jump into obeying principles that we don't understand. I have heard a lot of peoples testimonies of garments in the church, which to me can be very dangerous when we acknowledge an item as a source of power when in fact it is the Lord in which we should acknowledge as the source of power or protection. If the Lord has not told you anything about garments then I would first seek his will in prayer before going down a path that you don't know where it leads. If the Lord gives you a testimony that he has placed his power in the garments and that you should wear them, then that is perfectly what you should do. His will very might well be that you do not place lds garments on or place your trust in them.
" Trust in the Lord with all thy heart and lean not unto thine own understanding, In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths for good." proverbs

boo
captain of 1,000

Post by boo »

SAM wrote:
kathyn wrote:I wear my garments because I covenanted to and I do feel there's protection in wearing them. I've not been tempted not to wear them....if it's really really hot, I might have a bit of discomfort, but I am so blessed to be able to wear them. They remind me of sacred things. It helps to do the "initiatory" ordinances at the temple to remind me of why the garments are so important. There's only one voice I know of that would tell anyone not to wear the garment and that would be the voice of the adversary.
Please don't take this the wrong way as me trying to be argumentative because I'm honestly curious if I'm missing something, but I can't recall having made a covenant to wear garments. Yes, when we are clothed in them, we are told to wear them throughout our lives (which can be interpreted in many ways, but that's tangential to my question) but I can't think of any actual covenant to do that. Can someone point out where that actually happens?

I realize they are symbolic of covenants we have made in the temple, but it seems the actually wearing part isn't part of any covenant. Please correct me if I'm wrong there. And, no, I'm not trying to make excuses to not wear them. I've worn mine faithfully since I was endowed over a decade ago, even being 9 months pregnant in the Southern AZ heat (twice - 2 August burn babies there). If that's not a good excuse to take off extra layers I don't know what is! Anyway, I would really like to understand better the purpose for this particular practice.
SAM there is no specific covenant. Only the instruction that " they are to be worn throughout your life". Like so many things the TR interview questions tries to improve on the specific injunction of the endowment and typically asks about " both day and night". My wife finds them almost intolerable working in the yard in the summer time in AZ.

jbalm
The Third Comforter

Post by jbalm »

Day and night doesn't necessarily mean all day and all night.

boo
captain of 1,000

Post by boo »

jbalm wrote:Day and night doesn't necessarily mean all day and all night.
Ah yes. I don't disagree but I know lots of Bishops and SP who do

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

You will never catch me discussing personal details regarding my underwear with any man, behind closed doors. Nuff said.

He asks the question. I give the answer he wants, and we move on. I've worked in the temple for years, so it's not like I'm clueless.

mhewett
captain of 100

Post by mhewett »

LouiseLane13 wrote:This is my first post. I’m hoping I posted this in the right place. I don’t really know how to explain but lately I’ve been feeling that I don’t wish to wear my garments anymore. I feel that I need to reflect on why I actually wear them and not worry so much about what others think. I don’t know if I truly understand. I feel that I get caught up in thinking what others might think if I stop wearing my garments (not that I plan to dress too crazy or anything). I really don’t think I should be caring what others think. If wearing them because everyone else is and because we are supposed to is my reasoning, I don’t feel it’s right.

I know I haven’t been the most spiritual person lately. I don’t read my scriptures and I only pray once a day. I find myself questioning what I really do believe. (*Side note I am a convert. Technically I have been LDS since I was baptized at 9 but I only attended church a handful of times growing up and my parents weren’t LDS. I have only been active for maybe 3 years and even now I don’t know if I’m technically ‘active’). I’m so thankful that I didn’t grow up in the LDS culture (no offense to anyone who has enjoyed being a part of it). Before I never focused on clothes or piercings or tattoos- I knew and still know that they don’t make a person any better or different or worse than me. I think how we treat people is much more important than the clothes we wear, even if they are garments underneath our clothes.

I hope that this makes sense. Is it wrong to stop wearing them and reflect and read and truly learn about why I feel this way? I would love some words of encouragement or loving advice.

Louise the first 2 comments from Nan and Kathyn are great advice. I would encourage you to follow what they said. I would also add that on a forum like this you will get varied responses, some good, some bad, some very bad. There is a lot of tangents on this subject that can be thrown around and take you far from what is the correct thing to do, but you have great advice right there with Nan and Kathyn. I would also encourage you to reflect on your testimony, when the spirit tells you something, you simply cannot deny it without lying so what is the basis for your testimony? Mine is spiritual experiences that could come in no other way than from living the commandments. I have mentioned on this site about a priethood administration I gave on my mission. That could only happen by having the right authority and from keeping the commandments. We have the correct authority and the correct and true commandments in the church that lead to miracles like the blessing I gave at that time.

I know one woman who started to feel she wasn't sexy enough and blamed the garments for how she felt. That is one of the reasons she is now not active and goes to other churches. Please don't follow her path. Listen to Nan and Kathyn.

SkyBird
captain of 100

Post by SkyBird »

LouiseLane,

I would say everyone has been here before, if not in personal thought, in actuality... living out the dream (your way).
May I caution you first to ponder this:

After attending the LDS Temple many times, I have come to this conclusion. Always ask lots of questions…never stop! It shows your spirit and mind are open… the only caution is about judgment.

1 JUDGE not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3 And why beholdest thou the mote
(a “mote” is an external symbol of a religious structure or external traditions of a culture and/or politics that man uses to judge, exalt or blame others by) that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam (a “beam” is another external symbol of a religious structure or external traditions of our culture and/or politics that man uses to judge, exalt or blame others by) that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
(In both cases the “mote of judgment” and the “beam of judgment” must be cast out in order that unconditional clarity of “heart” and “mind” can awaken in us and be manifest in us). Matthew 7: 1-5.

“Judgment” is always connected to “structures” or “forms;” and comes with a host of emotions. It has ruined more relationships, individuals, families, homes, tribes, cultures, business, governments, religions, nations, countries, races, friendships with broken hearts, despair, lies, greed, separation, lust, war, anger, worry, stress and hate than any other characteristic or attribute of the human character! It is poison to the soul! It cunningly damns any individual who embraces it! The only way to get rid of it; is not to use it or engage in it; it is that simple! To be aware of it is the first step of healing, but to give it our energy and obedience is damming. If we change our thinking to the “unconditional” path of unconditional love, unconditional honesty with deep beliefs and feelings, our lives will change forever!

The whole temple endowment is symbolic of our individual makeup. Within each of us is a “Garden of Eden” a “tree of knowledge of good and evil” and a “tree of life” (This is the “Circle of Truth” …I can send you a copy if you like…send a private message on this forum). The characters played out in the temple endowment are our own. The Father, Michael and Jehovah is our “potential to become” or the “god seeds” within us. Satan is a representation of our fallen nature, our ego, the natural man or natural woman in us, always seeking to blame or find fault with others. The clothes we enter the temple in is a representation of the same… our “fallen nature…” by taking them off (placing them on the altar so they can be consumed by fire and forever gone), we are spiritually committing ourselves to putting on another nature (a divine one within!). The temple garments and other robes we put on is our acceptance of making this covenant with our “god potential” within and a covenant with Christ and Father (Michael) without. The green apron we put on is the representation of our choice to enter “mortality,” our birth into the mortal element. What we learn in mortality will forever go with us.

The temple endowment is all symbolic. Even Peter, James and John are metaphors of “messengers” that come to share spiritual truths which are cloaked in “forms and structures” so that we learn to ponder and pray for meaning and understanding and above all, seek a personal “face to face” with Christ and Father. The temple endowment ends as we pass through the veil after a “face to face” with Christ and we then enter a new endowment with Father …if we seek it!

There are many voices within the “form and structure” of the LDS Church and I am one of them… hence the importance of you seeking the truth yourself with a personal foundation of what is true, eternal and innate! You have to begin with a foundation that is not connected to a “form or structure” in order to experience Christ or the Father “face to face,” in its fulness. You know the “Circle of Truth” (mentioned above) is about a foundation that is eternal and innate to you; with counsel from Christ on “judgment,” that if not followed will lead to self-apostasy (a denial of your own potential to become as god is...purposely, willingly taking a path you know is not right). In your heart pray for those who judge and find fault with you or find fault with the “forms and structures” you revere. Personify the foundation of truth you know is within...it will never deceive you or lead you astray. All people are wonderful and special to Christ and Father… hold that belief and trust and faith sacred!

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

I realize this is in the "Sisters in Zion" sub-forum, but I just have to say - every time I see this topic, I picture a pair of garments in an interrogation chamber being given the "third degree".

SkyBird
captain of 100

Post by SkyBird »

ithink wrote:
freedomforall wrote:If an angel appears, reach out your hand and ask to shake their hand.

Doctrine and Covenants 129:4-9
4 When a messenger comes saying he has a message from God, offer him your hand and request him to shake hands with you.
5 If he be an angel he will do so, and you will feel his hand.
6 If he be the spirit of a just man made perfect he will come in his glory; for that is the only way he can appear—
7 Ask him to shake hands with you, but he will not move, because it is contrary to the order of heaven for a just man to deceive; but he will still deliver his message.
8 If it be the devil as an angel of light, when you ask him to shake hands he will offer you his hand, and you will not feel anything; you may therefore detect him.
9 These are three grand keys whereby you may know whether any administration is from God.

When receiving answers to prayers:

Doctrine and Covenants 8:2
2 Yea, behold, I will tell you in your mind and in your heart, by the Holy Ghost, which shall come upon you and which shall dwell in your heart.

These are ways of being certain one is getting correct information from God.
That is pure RUBBISH. Joseph asserted that the same angel that appeared with a sword and commanded him to legally adulterate was the same one that appeared to him from the beginning. Later, he renounced that and said he was "deceived". If so, it is not possible a true messenger from God can deliver positive messages, then go wrong so badly.

Joseph said if his error was not put down abruptly, it would ruin the Church. Now there is a prophecy for you. It is clear that practice was not put down abruptly, it continued on covertly and then overtly for decades and decades under the Brighamites, but the damage it did is just beginning to take hold now.

Joseph's method for discerning by hand clasping failed him, and it will fail you too.

As for the other method, with promptings and ideas, and feelings. Look, I haven't darkened the door of the chapel for nearly two years. What "inspiration" I ever had hasn't let up one iota. I get all kinds of promptings, ideas, and sentences. What "knowledge" I think I receive, has to be measured against what I already know. And I'm far enough down the line to accept anything from any source if I perceive it to be true, while I just as easily reject anything from anyone if it's perceived (by me) to be not. This privilege is granted to all men. Some tune into it better than others, but it is there for everyone. You and I and everyone else have a spiritual connection that can be easily cultivated with or without a bricks and mortar church of any shape or form.

The key though is that such promptings are not for anyone else but me. I can say anything I want, and anyone else can agree or disagree, but as soon as someone thinks I'm a seer or a prophet, there is the fatal mistake right at the start.

Believe in your self, your "I am", and you will be fine.
ithink,

Do you have a reference for this:

Joseph asserted that the same angel that appeared with a sword and commanded him to legally adulterate was the same one that appeared to him from the beginning. Later, he renounced that and said he was "deceived". If so, it is not possible a true messenger from God can deliver positive messages, then go wrong so badly.

Joseph said if his error was not put down abruptly, it would ruin the Church.

natekriv
captain of 50

Post by natekriv »

Part of the churches teaching on the garment is that if you wear the garments faithfully you will not be taken from the earth until your mission in life is fulfilled, or be taken from before your time, or however they teach it. I have heard it many ways.

I would refute that if you do not wear your garments the same holds true. God has set the bounds of everyone's life. He knows what we will choose, He knows exactly when we will die. This will not change. God will not be surprised.

I applaude you for this but be sure if you I hope you will pray and get the approval of God. He will tell you it's ok to not wear garments. Joseph smith wasn't wearing his garments when he was killed. Fancy that. The symbols are the freemasonry symbols that we see on the front of most of their lodges. We see them everywhere. We don't need to put phylacteries on to remember God. Many people well versed in church history don't think joseph smith instituted the endowment at all, but that it was brigham young. Either way it is between us and God to find out if the current garments are good or if they are just a fulfillment of prophecy in Isaiah 59

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

I thought this was an interesting release from the church:

http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/temple-garments

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

SkyBird wrote: ithink,

Do you have a reference for this:

Joseph asserted that the same angel that appeared with a sword and commanded him to legally adulterate was the same one that appeared to him from the beginning. Later, he renounced that and said he was "deceived". If so, it is not possible a true messenger from God can deliver positive messages, then go wrong so badly.

Joseph said if his error was not put down abruptly, it would ruin the Church.
I would like to read about this also.

this is an interesting read:

http://mormonhistoricsites.org/wp-conte ... -Sword.pdf

confusedinzion
captain of 10

Post by confusedinzion »

I found, for myself, I loved them at first and then I hated them and now I just have a love/hate relationship with them. When I first wore them I felt special. I loved touching each symbol. I loved the sacredness of it all. Then I got hot. I got uncomfortable. It was hard to shop. Ugh! Total Pain….and then I realized that those were all secular things. Secular problems. You don't wear them because everyone else does. We wear them because it's literally bringing the covenants of the Temple with you. It's like wearing the Temple. But, it can/is really annoying.

As for reading the scriptures and prayer, I feel like that it a pressure we put on ourselves. We go through seasons. There are times God is close. And then there are times that God seems silent. But we show up in our prayers and our scripture study because when He decides to speak, we'll be ready. And really, like any parent God will take what the children offer. So if it's once a day prayer for you right now. I think he beams.

So my answer as to IF you should wear the garments is this…It's personal. Only you know the answer to what you should do.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

confused - you seem remarkably unconfused on the garment issue. good for you.

Stephanie B
captain of 50

Post by Stephanie B »

=== wrote:I thought this was an interesting release from the church:

http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/temple-garments

It's interesting to me that the Church always warns about disclosing sacred things, yet here we have an example where speaking and displaying temple underwear and clothing is okay.. Huh??? Perfect conondrum?

How many people would the church have come after to enforce discipline had they put together such a video themselves?