Breastfeeding Brohahah

A place for conservative women to discuss true women's liberation, the role of women in healing America, the truth about feminism and more...
UT.Starscoper
captain of 50

Re: Breastfeeding Brohahah

Post by UT.Starscoper »

Looking back to when I was a teen I blame my hormones for making it so that a woman’s breast or even the cleavage between two breasts aroused me. One day, however, at about the age of 19 I was riding an extremely crowded municipal bus in a huge South American metropolis (there were many others riding the bus from the outside if you can visualize that, hahaha). It was hot, and stuffy and it smelled of dozens of different human, mechanical and other kinds of odors. I happened to be one of a majority of passengers who stood grasping or leaning against anything to keep my balance.

A woman probably in her thirties and dressed in a way that along with the lines in her face and graying in her hair illustrated the meagerness of the economic strata she occupied opened her blouse and began to nurse her infant. I heard the disrespectful reactions from a small number of men some of whose murmurs demonstrated the way they apparently thought about women in general. And at that moment I was struck with a feeling of reverence for the woman. I was struck with a feeling that what she did was sacred even surrounded as she was by male scum, and in retrospect I have often thanked her in my heart (for being part of a life-lesson and giving me the opportunity to mature). Today when I’m privileged to be in the presence of a mother nursing her baby, I still feel the reverence.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Thank you for sharing that, UT. It is awesome to be the source of nourishment for your baby in that special way. However, when you do it 10+ times per day, it isn't really a big deal--until you are doing it in public and don't want to put a hot blanket over your already hot baby and someone gets all out of joint over it.

Desert Roses
captain of 1,000

Post by Desert Roses »

SwissMrs&Pitchfire wrote:Hit and run post but check your church library for this picture: http://tinypineapple.com/a/lds/handcart ... tensen.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; notice the gal left of center...
The original hangs in the Female Initiatory area of the St. George temple.

My father (age 82) noted that when his mother was a young mother (in the 1920's and before) that the endowment sessions routinely stopped for a break for women to nurse their babies since the old sessions were so much longer. They used to do the initiatory for the person whose name you had, then the endowment, and often a service with a talk before the endowment session, meaning it was 4-5 hours instead of 2.

OOOK?
captain of 10

Post by OOOK? »

We have a very large picture of the same image hanging in the foyer of our church building. If people were so against breast feeding at church I do not think it would stay up. I guess every ward is different. And for those of you with mother's rooms attached to bathrooms, perhaps you could find out if there is another room you could use and they could wire it for sound. I would not be willing to endure what you do.