Moving the cause of Liberty our role as women

A place for conservative women to discuss true women's liberation, the role of women in healing America, the truth about feminism and more...
Hadassah
captain of 100

Moving the cause of Liberty our role as women

Post by Hadassah »

When I started waking from my personal dark ages and looked around at the level of bondage we as a nation had accepted, I was horrified, and I asked what most people do “what can I do?” I think our role as Women to move the cause of Liberty is different than that of Mens but I believe are accountability is the same.

Hadassah
captain of 100

Post by Hadassah »

Here's a thought I had recently I know so many of us get frustrated that so many of our letters and petitions are ignored by those with leadership or power we ask ourselves why do I bother. Here was my thought what if every time we put our name on a petition, letter, e-mail, fax or what be, that name is sealed against those with power and stewardship over us. and sealed upon us for Good. I can Imagine in heaven an Angel reading the names off for a petition supporting the 1st amendment, how horrible we would feel if our names were not read because we didn't bother, because “it wouldn't make a difference any way”

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Proud 2b Peculiar »

Cicero wrote:Here's a thought I had recently I know so many of us get frustrated that so many of our letters and petitions are ignored by those with leadership or power we ask ourselves why do I bother. Here was my thought what if every time we put our name on a petition, letter, e-mail, fax or what be, that name is sealed against those with power and stewardship over us. and sealed upon us for Good. I can Imagine in heaven an Angel reading the names off for a petition supporting the 1st amendment, how horrible we would feel if our names were not read because we didn't bother, because “it wouldn't make a difference any way”
Exactly what is written here is recorded in heaven.

I sign everything that I support that I am made aware of, I write my Representative and senators.

Recently I wrote them and told them that I considered their current position on a certain vote to be an act of treason. Both Senators changed their votes.

I think we have more influence then we realize at times. Maybe they got a ton of mail like what I sent, I will never know, but at least I sent it.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Moving the cause of Liberty our role as women

Post by lundbaek »

http://reliefsocietybr.blogspot.dk/2011 ... talks.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is from the Relief Society at the Boca Raton, Florida Ward. Apparently, as can be seen, the Relief Society in this Ward concerns itself quite diligently with teaching the sisters (and others) the Constitution of the United States, and quite specifically what the Lord has said about it through Scripture and Our Prophets, and topically, the preservation and defense of this Covenant with us. I am amazed! This has been making the rounds among Mormons in Denmark as well in the United States, and who knows where else.

Bee Prepared
captain of 1,000

Re:

Post by Bee Prepared »

Hadassah wrote:Here's a thought I had recently I know so many of us get frustrated that so many of our letters and petitions are ignored by those with leadership or power we ask ourselves why do I bother. Here was my thought what if every time we put our name on a petition, letter, e-mail, fax or what be, that name is sealed against those with power and stewardship over us. and sealed upon us for Good. I can Imagine in heaven an Angel reading the names off for a petition supporting the 1st amendment, how horrible we would feel if our names were not read because we didn't bother, because “it wouldn't make a difference any way”
I believe we can always find self-righteous men who think they have power and stewardship over us, insecure men who have the need
to pat themselves on the back, and expound on how things should be done. I do not see the true leaders do this.

I trust and respect the First Presidency and all the others who preside. I do not want the Priesthood, I have it through my husband.
I am thankful for a righteous man's stewardship, I do not think of it as power over me, I think of it as protection.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Some of the most vigilant promoters of liberty in the area where we live, just East of Phoenix, are women. One is a John Birch Society chapter leader, another is actively involved in opposing Common Core Education, a couple of women are actively opposing the proposed Con-Con, several are teaching as volunteers in a program called Constitution in the Classroom, one lady in our ward is organizing and hosting monthly firesides in their home and inviting speakers who know what they are talking about, others are active participants in various ways in tea parties and political parties, and there are those who speak up in support of liberty during church classes. Try, for example, saying in a Relief Society class, that in addition to what is in the RS/PH lesson book, President Benson had much to say to Church members about being vigilant in studying and abiding by the principles of the US Constitution. I think all of those actions move the cause of liberty, even if just a wee bit at a time.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

In my above post about things women of my acquaintance are doing to "Move the Cause of Liberty" I neglected some very important things that mothers especially can do at least for their own children. I know a few mothers who find or create opportunities to talk to their children about such things as the founding/establishment of the United States of America, the Founding Fathers as individuals and as a group (Ever tell your kids about George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Christopher Columbus, and the other signers of the Declaration of Independence appearing to Wilford Woodruff in the St. George Temple, and about all those eminent women who's temple work was done for them at that time ?), the miracles that led to independence from Great Britain, certain relevant principles of the US Constitution, current events, etc. Over 70 years ago now, but I still remember a book "Our America" that my mother gave to me as a child, and which I believe played a big part in my interest in the history of America.

So yes, there are many things women can do in "Moving the Cause of Liberty". Hadassah, who initiated this topic, has been gone from LDSFF apparently for some years now, like many others who came here in hopes of "Moving the Cause of Liberty", or learning more about it. But fortunately there are women, even a couple of immigrants, who are in the fight. I am happy that there are 1170 views of this topic.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

This is something any person can do: suggest to your bishops before this coming Sunday that they mention in church that this Sunday, April 19, is rightly identified as “Patriots’ Day.” April 19, 1775, should be regarded as an important date to Americans. It was the day America’s War for Independence began, a war the outcome of which greatly facilitated the restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in a land in which religious freedom could thrive. An email works best for me.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Here's the story of a patriotic mover of the cause of liberty:

In July 1781 the American war for Independence was raging in the Carolinas. A desperate need arose to deliver a very important message from General Nathanael Greene across 70 miles of difficult terrain infested with enemy soldiers and sympathizers, to General Sumter arose. No man would have a chance of getting through. Then an 18 year old girl, Emily Geiger, already known for her patriotism, jumped at the chance to serve for her country.. General Green, desperate, surprised and delighted, consented to her proposal. He wrote a message and gave it to Emily, and at the same time communicated the content of it verbally, to be told to General Sumter in case of accidents and/or capture. Emily pursued her journey on horseback, travelling under the disguise of being on her way to her Uncle Jacob's house many miles away. But on the second day, British General Lord Rawdon's scouts intercepted her. Coming from the direction of Greene's army and not being able to lie without blushing, Emily was suspected and confined to a room. The officer had an old Loyalist matron search Emily. When they weren't looking, she tore the message to pieces and ate it all. When the matron searched Emily she found nothing, and let her go and had someone accompany her on her journey to her Uncle Jacob's house. Once she arrived there, she made her way to General Sumter and delivered the message verbally. Emily's brave act proved pivotal to crippling the forces of General Lord Rawdon, rendering them unable to join the forces of British General Cornwallis, and thus contributing greatly to General George Washington's October 19, 1781 victory at Yorktown, Virginia.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

lundbaek wrote: November 13th, 2019, 12:21 pm Here's the story of a patriotic mover of the cause of liberty:

In July 1781 the American war for Independence was raging in the Carolinas. A desperate need arose to deliver a very important message from General Nathanael Greene across 70 miles of difficult terrain infested with enemy soldiers and sympathizers, to General Sumter arose. No man would have a chance of getting through. Then an 18 year old girl, Emily Geiger, already known for her patriotism, jumped at the chance to serve for her country.. General Green, desperate, surprised and delighted, consented to her proposal. He wrote a message and gave it to Emily, and at the same time communicated the content of it verbally, to be told to General Sumter in case of accidents and/or capture. Emily pursued her journey on horseback, travelling under the disguise of being on her way to her Uncle Jacob's house many miles away. But on the second day, British General Lord Rawdon's scouts intercepted her. Coming from the direction of Greene's army and not being able to lie without blushing, Emily was suspected and confined to a room. The officer had an old Loyalist matron search Emily. When they weren't looking, she tore the message to pieces and ate it all. When the matron searched Emily she found nothing, and let her go and had someone accompany her on her journey to her Uncle Jacob's house. Once she arrived there, she made her way to General Sumter and delivered the message verbally. Emily's brave act proved pivotal to crippling the forces of General Lord Rawdon, rendering them unable to join the forces of British General Cornwallis, and thus contributing greatly to General George Washington's October 19, 1781 victory at Yorktown, Virginia.
Makes one curious, why not carrier pigeons. :lol: