The Blood of the Saints shall cry from the ground...

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Rand
captain of 1,000

The Blood of the Saints shall cry from the ground...

Post by Rand »

When the Book of Mormon talks of this, Which saints? The ones that have been killed by the world?
The Saints who lived well, and are to be heirs of that land in the Resurrection?
The Saints who have lived in times past and have an interest in the covenants that have exalted them, remain clean and sacred?
The Saints who are guardians of the way?
What do you think?
Share other insights you might have on this topic please.
We are to become clean of the blood of others as referred to in Jacob 1:19 and in other places. What role does that play in this prophecy?

brianj
captain of 1,000

Re: The Blood of the Saints shall cry from the ground...

Post by brianj »

Blood that has been spilled by evil people. In other words, murdered saints.

Rand
captain of 1,000

Post by Rand »

That is what I have always thought. The problem with this is that there seems to be not a whole huge number of saints whose blood has been spilled in this dispensation. Not to minimize but the picture I get is like a lot of saints who are seeking justice for the loss of their lives, not like 200 or so. So, my wonderment is it talking about another group perhaps? This could be it, but to me, that explanation seems lacking, given how prominent the Lord makes that event in the final disposition of things.
Last edited by Rand on February 18th, 2018, 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Rand wrote: February 18th, 2018, 6:19 pm That is what I have always thought. The problem with this is that there seems to be not a whole huge number of saints whose blood has been spilled in this dispensation. Not to minimize but the picture I get is like a lot of saints who are seeking justice for the loss of their lives, not like 20o or so. So, my wonderment is it talking about another group perhaps? This could be it, but to me, that explanation seems lacking, given how prominent the Lord makes that event in the final disposition of things.
I think you'd have to add incident causes, too--like driving hundreds of people out of their homes in the middle of winter to have them get sick, freeze, starve, etc., and dying shortly after.

I think you could also add righteous people without the gospel, who will accept it in the spirit world--people who are anti-GR and more, etc./ people who would accept the gospel if their life paths connected/ ran into it.

And the hundreds or thousands in the future.