Members of Church Expected to Know Prophecy and it's Fulfillment

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
LdsMarco
captain of 100

Members of Church Expected to Know Prophecy and it's Fulfillment

Post by LdsMarco »

And I give unto you a commandment that you shall teach one another the doctrine of the kingdom.

Teach ye diligently and my grace shall attend you, that you may be instructed more perfectly in theory, in principle, in doctrine, in the law of the gospel, in all things that pertain unto the kingdom of God, that are expedient for you to understand;

Of things both in heaven and in the earth, and under the earth; things which have been, things which are, things which must shortly come to pass; things which are at home, things which are abroad; the wars and the perplexities of the nations, and the judgments which are on the land; and a knowledge also of countries and of kingdoms—

That ye may be prepared in all things when I shall send you again to magnify the calling whereunto I have called you, and the mission with which I have commissioned you. (D&C 88:77-80)

https://guerreromarco.blogspot.com/2018 ... -know.html

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Re: Members of Church Expected to Know Prophecy and it's Fulfillment

Post by Durzan »

As someone who has an interest in the Last Days prophecies and such...

I have studied this stuff... or at least I tried to, and it STILL confuses me!

So yeah, if someone who actively finds this stuff interesting is having a hard time reading this stuff, I would be willing to guess that most other members of the church have a hard time understanding it as well, even with the Spirit's help. Especially since there at least a dozen different ways the prophecies can be fulfilled and the fact that they can be fulfilled multiple times. Its no wonder many members zone out and write this stuff off.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I think it was during the October 2009 General Conference Priesthood Session that President Uchtdorf said "For members of the Church, education is not merely a good idea, it is a commandment. We are to learn of '....things which have been, things which are, things which must shortly come to pass; things which are at home, things which are abroad; the wars and the perplexities of the nations, and the judgments which are on the land; and a knowledge also of countries and of kingdoms—'" I'll focus on these particular words which he quoted from D&C 88:79. I believe they tell us that we must learn of history, current events, PROPHECY; events in our own countries and in other countries, about the wars and confusions in the world, the judgments which people have brought upon themselves, and about countries and their governments. And in D&C 93:53 we are told "to obtain a knowledge of history, and of countries, and of kingdoms, of laws of God and man, and all this for the salvation of Zion."

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Durzan wrote:
As someone who has an interest in the Last Days prophecies and such...

I have studied this stuff... or at least I tried to, and it STILL confuses me!

So yeah, if someone who actively finds this stuff interesting is having a hard time reading this stuff, I would be willing to guess that most other members of the church have a hard time understanding it as well, even with the Spirit's help. Especially since there at least a dozen different ways the prophecies can be fulfilled and the fact that they can be fulfilled multiple times. Its no wonder many members zone out and write this stuff off.

I personally don’t find it confusing, in fact, I’m amazed at how perfectly the events of our day have been foretold in scripture and select statements of the prophets. Ezra Taft Benson saw our day and told us of events that would befall our generation…. From one of my blog posts…

http://thebridegroomcometh.net/the-task ... -any-time/
In 1987, then President of the Church, Ezra Taft Benson said to a group of seminary and institute students gathered in California…

“While our generation will be comparable in wickedness to the days of Noah, when the Lord cleansed the earth by flood, there is a major difference this time: God has saved for the final inning some of His stronger and most valiant children, who will help bear off the kingdom triumphantly. … You are the generation that must be prepared to meet your God.”

Over 30 years have passed since President Benson gave this declaration, seminary students that would have been 14 to 18 years old are now 44 to 48 years old. Institute students ranging from 19 to say 27 years old would now be 49 to 57 years old. It’s rather obvious that the “generation” of which President Benson spoke is maturing rapidly…

However, this wasn’t the first time Ezra Taft Benson had delivered this message, in 1979, as a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles he gave essentially the same message in a devotional talk at Brigham Young University entitled “In His Steps”. Said apostle Benson at that time:

“For nearly six thousand years, God has held you in reserve to make your appearance in the final days before the Second Coming of the Lord. Every previous gospel dispensation has drifted into apostasy, but ours will not. True, there will be some individuals who will fall away; but the kingdom of God will remain intact to welcome the return of its head—even Jesus Christ. While our generation will be comparable in wickedness to the days of Noah, when the Lord cleansed the earth by flood, there is a major difference this time. It is that God has saved for the final inning some of his strongest children, who will help bear off the Kingdom triumphantly. And that is where you come in, for you are the generation that must be prepared to meet your God.”

Though not a college student at the time, I was just 27 years old and therefore consider myself to be a part of “the generation that must be prepared to meet… God”. At the ripe old age of 65, I’m anxiously anticipating the day of our Lord’s return…

Of course, we should not attempt to arbitrarily place a cutoff line on the upper end of the spectrum, my personal suspicion is that those more senior than myself will be well represented at the coming of the Bridegroom.

Knowing that we are, in fact, the generation of the Lord’s Second Coming is a sobering thought. Understanding the surrounding circumstances and sequence of events leading up to the coming of the Bridegroom could be most helpful. Ezra Taft Benson was uniquely prepared and qualified to light the path ahead…

In an October 1961 general conference talk, Elder Benson shared some important insights regarding our day and the fate of the Gentiles here in America, said he:

“The Lord has declared that before the second coming of Christ it will be necessary to “. . . destroy the secret works of darkness, . . .” in order to preserve the land of Zion—the Americas”. (2 Nephi 10:11-16.) (Oct. general conference, 1961)

We take a moment to review the reference given (2 Nephi 10:11-16) which reads:
11 And this land shall be a land of liberty unto the Gentiles, and there shall be no kings upon the land, who shall raise up unto the Gentiles.
12 And I will fortify this land against all other nations.
13 And he that fighteth against Zion shall perish, saith God.
14 For he that raiseth up a king against me shall perish, for I, the Lord, the king of heaven, will be their king, and I will be a light unto them forever, that hear my words.
15 Wherefore, for this cause, that my covenants may be fulfilled which I have made unto the children of men, that I will do unto them while they are in the flesh, I must needs destroy the secret works of darkness, and of murders, and of abominations.
16 Wherefore, he that fighteth against Zion, both Jew and Gentile, both bond and free, both male and female, shall perish; for they are they who are the whore of all the earth; for they who are not for me are against me, saith our God.

Above, the Lord declares that there is to be “no kings upon the land, who shall raise up unto the Gentiles” and that “he that raiseth up a king against me” is also “he that fighteth against Zion” and “shall perish”. So when the Gentiles attempt to subvert liberty, the rule of law and the constitution which God himself established, they “shall perish”.

This keys in with Elder Benson’s statement above… “before the second coming of Christ it will be necessary to “. . . destroy the secret works of darkness, . . .” in order to preserve the land of Zion—the Americas”. The implied sequence here is that the great destruction which is to come upon the Gentiles shall lead to “the Lord, the king of heaven… be(ing) their king”, thus, we have the coming of the Bridegroom!

Can anyone deny that we are living a day when some of America’s highest ranking political leaders have openly promoted global governance in favor of American sovereignty? Sought to open our borders to some of the most radical, anti-American, anti-constitutional elements around the globe? Corrupted our Department of Justice at the highest levels, thinking that they would be able to hide their crimes by electing an equally corrupt candidate to the presidency? And if this weren’t enough, can anyone deny this these same lawless corruptors of the constitution are doing all within their powers to nu-seat the people’s choice for President of the United States? And if they succeed, what then? Have we reached the threshold of the Lord’s patience with secret combinations in America, or will we do so very soon?

In the same conference talk from which we quoted Ezra Taft Benson above, we read:

“if the gentiles on this land reject the word of God and conspire to overthrow liberty and the Constitution, then their doom is fixed, and they “. . . shall be cut off from among my people who are of the covenant”. (1 Nephi 14:6; 3 Nephi 21:11, 14, 21; D&C 84:114-115, 117)
“The great destructive force which was to be turned loose on the earth and which the prophets for centuries have been calling the “abomination of desolation” is vividly described by those who saw it in vision. Ours is the first generation to realize how literally these prophecies can be fulfilled now that God, through science, has unlocked the secret to thermonuclear reaction.
“In the light of these prophecies there should be no doubt in the mind of any priesthood holder that the human family is headed for trouble. There are rugged days ahead. It is time for every man who wishes to do his duty to get himself prepared—physically, spiritually, and psychologically—for the task which may come at any time, as suddenly as the whirlwind”…. (Oct. general conference, 1961)

We also find this same sequence of “abomination of desolation” followed by the Second Coming in Joseph Smith Matthew, so it’s a scriptural sequence for sure, we read:

32 And again shall the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, be fulfilled.
33 And immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of heaven shall be shaken…
36 And, as I said before, after the tribulation of those days, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken, then shall appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven, and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn; and they shall see the Son of Man coming in the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory;

Above, Elder Benson made reference to “the task which may come at any time”. I believe this “task” has to do with fulfilling the scriptural mandate…. “Behold, and lo, the Bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.” In other words, when the “abomination of desolation” comes upon the gentiles in America via a nuclear holocaust or by means of “thermonuclear reaction” as Elder Benson says. It will be time to complete “the task” of returning to Jackson County in the midst of “a nation meted out and trodden under foot” as Isaiah says and preparing to rendezvous with the Bridegroom. Orson Pratt stated:

“Well then, to return to the prophesying, when the time shall come that the Lord shall waste away this nation, he will give commandment to this people to return and possess their own inheritance which they purchased some forty-four years ago in the state of Missouri”. (Gerald N. Lund, The Coming of the Lord ,110.)

In conclusion, I bare witness to and confirm the validity of Ezra Taft Benson’s inspired words and teachings! In the following video segment, President Thomas S. Monson also speaks of “the tasks ahead of us” as they relate to Ezra Taft Benson’s teachings…

(Had to settle for posing a link to this 90 second video… can’t get it to work here…)
https://youtu.be/xqmSrBjTt1c

Again, as stated above “There are rugged days ahead. It is time for every man who wishes to do his duty to get himself prepared—physically, spiritually, and psychologically—for the task which may come at any time, as suddenly as the whirlwind”….

May we, as the members of “a marked generation” take the time to ponder and be cognizant of our place in history, may we all do our part to “help bear off the kingdom triumphantly”!

If you have found this blog to be informative and edifying, please take a moment to Share this message with others and like us on Facebook… Thanks for reading and God Bless!
I'm going to say that if you can't see the connection between what Ezra Taft Benson taught and what's unfolding in the nation today you haven't been paying attention... "the gentiles on this land (are) reject(ing) the word of God and conspire(ing) to overthrow liberty and the Constitution... their doom is fixed, and they... shall be cut off from among my people who are of the covenant”. We can expect to see the "abomination of desolation" unfold in the very near future and.... "And, as I said before, after the tribulation of those days, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken, then shall appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven, and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn; and they shall see the Son of Man coming in the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory;"

EdGoble
captain of 1,000

Post by EdGoble »

friendsofthe wrote: February 14th, 2018, 12:35 am I'm going to say that if you can't see the connection between what Ezra Taft Benson taught and what's unfolding in the nation today you haven't been paying attention... "the gentiles on this land (are) reject(ing) the word of God and conspire(ing) to overthrow liberty and the Constitution... their doom is fixed, and they... shall be cut off from among my people who are of the covenant”. We can expect to see the "abomination of desolation" unfold in the very near future and.... "And, as I said before, after the tribulation of those days, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken, then shall appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven, and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn; and they shall see the Son of Man coming in the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory;"
This whole discussion on this thread is some very very good stuff.
I just wanted to say that it seems to me that the Lord is only holding back major destructions because the righteous are still spread out among the wicked. I believe he is doing this to hold back things until the last of the righteous that will be gathered are gathered that can be, and the last of the wicked that will choose to repent will repent. The time will come (and the Lord knows precisely when), that there will be no more among the wicked that will choose to repent. The wicked themselves are most certainly quite ripe. As soon as the righteous start getting more separated geographically from the wicked, watch out!

I don't believe that the righteous being gathered means that they will only be Latter Day saints, but I believe that the clarion call is going out for the gathering of all who are good to the groups of Christians and other good groups to come together (although these groups are "terrestrial" gatherings, but still worthy of being alive in the Millennium. When the time comes for all these groups to leave behind the telestials and flee, then things will really start to hit the fan (SHTF time!).

If we look at the most recent round of destructions, a lot of it was focused on California. But the judgments are not limited to the weather and earthquakes, etc. Sins of predators are being shouted from the housetops. All of a sudden it is fashionable to hold predators responsible. I'm not saying that innocents have not been accused in some cases. But this is a clear judgment against the wicked. The only thing holding back the destruction in Florida from the hurricanes was the prayers of the righteous in the area that changed the direction of the storm. And coincidentally (but not a coincidence), this all started right after the Eclipse last fall. And now, recently, we had the Super, Blue blood moon. It is not a coincidence that that happened all at once in one sign.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

I’m going to say that the Lord will fulfill the words of Ezra Taft Benson and other prophets in the very, very near future… I say that because if you factor the 42 month prophecy into what Ezra Taft Benson says, it becomes very obvious that the two prophecies intersect. Kind of like X marks the spot.

For example John says “and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations”, a reference to the globalists which we see all about us these days.

To quote from above “Can anyone deny that we are living a day when some of America’s highest ranking political leaders have openly promoted global governance in favor of American sovereignty?”

Promoting globalism is obviously not constitutional since the loss of American sovereignty would spell the end of the nation and the constitution, in favor of one global government.

The prophecy of the 42 months points us not only to well defined conditions but to one specific actor as well and gives us a countdown to the destruction (abomination of desolation) which precedes our return to Jackson County… Again, Orson Pratt said:

“Well then, to return to the prophesying, when the time shall come that the Lord shall waste away this nation, he will give commandment to this people to return and possess their own inheritance which they purchased some forty-four years ago in the state of Missouri”. (Gerald N. Lund, The Coming of the Lord ,110.)
Last edited by friendsofthe on February 15th, 2018, 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

I say, forget the self-proclaimed messengers who claim to have had a dream or near death experience and concentrate on the word of God! My testimony is that the answers we seek are to be found in scripture…
Last edited by friendsofthe on February 16th, 2018, 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

EdGoble wrote: February 14th, 2018, 9:56 am If we look at the most recent round of destructions, a lot of it was focused on California. But the judgments are not limited to the weather and earthquakes, etc. Sins of predators are being shouted from the housetops. All of a sudden it is fashionable to hold predators responsible. I'm not saying that innocents have not been accused in some cases. But this is a clear judgment against the wicked. The only thing holding back the destruction in Florida from the hurricanes was the prayers of the righteous in the area that changed the direction of the storm. And coincidentally (but not a coincidence), this all started right after the Eclipse last fall. And now, recently, we had the Super, Blue blood moon. It is not a coincidence that that happened all at once in one sign.
When we read the Book of Mormon, we see that when wicked conspiracies get enough power they start turning on one another. In Helaman 9 we see Seezoram whacked by his brother Seantum. In Ether 8 we see Jared recruit recruit Akish to off his father. In the following chapter, after Omer flees to the seashore, Akish wasted Jared to become king. Later, since Akish is not listed as one of the 30 survivors, it's safe to assume that Akish got iced.

What we see isn't God turning on the wicked, but the wicked turning on each other. Other than "natural" disasters, I don't believe that God directly causes these great evils. Instead, He withdraws his Spirit and lets the people destroy themselves.

EdGoble
captain of 1,000

Post by EdGoble »

friendsofthe wrote: February 14th, 2018, 5:54 pm I’m going to say that the Lord will fulfill the words of Ezra Taft Benson and other prophets in the very, very near future… I say that because if you factor the 42 month prophecy into what Ezra Taft Benson says, it becomes very obvious that the two prophecies intersect. Kind of like X marks the spot.

For example John says “and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations”, a reference to the globalists which we see all about us these days.

To quote from above “Can anyone deny that we are living a day when some of America’s highest ranking political leaders have openly promoted global governance in favor of American sovereignty?”

Promoting globalism is obviously not constitutional since the loss of American sovereignty would spell the end of the nation and the constitution, in favor of one global government.

The prophecy of the 42 months points us not only to well defined conditions but to one specific actor as well and gives us a countdown to the destruction (abomination of desolation) which precedes our return to Jackson County… Again, Orson Pratt said:

What 42 month prophecy are you referring to? Revelation 13:5?

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

I take this to mean that we need to not just know what the prophecies are that have been given by others, but to know prophecy, in the sense that we have the Spirit of prophecy ourselves and know prophecy by personal experience.

-Finrock

BruceRGilbert
captain of 1,000

Post by BruceRGilbert »

The nature of prophecy is such that it is not "realized" until fulfilled. It is to be comprehended by structure and understood in content, whereby "realization" can be attained when fulfillment is "announced."

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

EdGoble wrote:
What 42 month prophecy are you referring to? Revelation 13:5?
Rev. 13:1-10 and Daniel chapters 7 and 12…

I find it very intriguing that as we see the fulfillment of Ezra Taft Benson’s prophecy coming to pass, that it is the global elite who are behind it all. As stated above, John words lead us to look for a global power to exist when his prophecy of the 42 months is fulfilled.

“and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.” Rev 13:7

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

It appears that according to John's prophecy we shall be overcome by and subjected to what I can only surmise will be the global government of the New World Order. I don't see any way of completely avoiding it.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Now, if we are paying attention at all to the news, we know that Obama is involved with globalism and the sellout of American sovereignty and constitutional law. He and the deep state are doing all they can to unseat the elected president… In doing so, he is fulfilling Ezra Taft Benson’s prophecy….
“if the gentiles on this land reject the word of God and conspire to overthrow liberty and the Constitution, then their doom is fixed, and they “. . . shall be cut off from among my people who are of the covenant”. (1 Nephi 14:6; 3 Nephi 21:11, 14, 21; D&C 84:114-115, 117)
I have long believed that Obama has been and is fulfilling Daniel’s words… he is without question fulfilling ETB’s prophecy, right?
25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time. (Daniel Chap 7)
Did Obama "think to change times and laws", you know... the foundation upon which America was established? Big yes to that one!

John gives us the clue as to when the 42 months is to begin, says he in Rev. 13:
5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
This person cannot “continue forty and two months” unless he was in a particular position and doing a particular thing in the first place, right? What was Obama doing as president? Undermining freedom and the constitution, right? Now that he’s no longer president, what is he and the corrupt deep state doing? More of the same, right?

The only question that remains is, when did the “forty and two months” begin? Was it when they could see that they were going to loose the election or lost the election? Or was it the inauguration of Trump?

For scriptural reasons too involved to mention here, I go with a time very close to the end of the election. So if we count forward from election time of 2016, we end up with the spring of 2020 as the end of the 42 months.

I hope I’ve explained this well enough for all to understand what I’m trying to say. Do Ezra Taft Benson’s prophecy and Daniel and John’s prophecy intersect? Do we have the same person (Obama) in the cross hairs of both prophecies? If so, we are already in a countdown to the cleansing of America or the Abomination of Desolation upon the Gentiles…
Last edited by friendsofthe on February 15th, 2018, 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Lundbaek wrote:
It appears that according to John's prophecy we shall be overcome by and subjected to what I can only surmise will be the global government of the New World Order. I don't see any way of completely avoiding it.
Yes, but how far are they allowed to go? Ezra Taft Benson says that they only need to “conspire to overthrow liberty and the Constitution”. The Lord tells us in 2 Nephi 10 that “there shall be no kings upon the land, who shall raise up unto the Gentiles” and that such “shall perish”…

In my opinion the globalists are already in control, enough I think to fulfill prophecy… the leaders of so many nations are already in the hip pocket of the NWO gang. They control word finance, take the world to war as they wish and control the main street media around the globe...

I’m also going to say that it’s pretty clear that the globalists will never allow brexit to succeed…

As awareness and push back against globalism continues, I figure that sooner or later and more likely sooner, they will have to push the panic button… And what does that mean?… Answer…WWIII
Last edited by friendsofthe on February 16th, 2018, 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

EdGoble
captain of 1,000

Post by EdGoble »

friendsofthe wrote: February 15th, 2018, 9:17 pm Now, if we are paying attention at all to the news, we know that Obama is involved with globalism and the sellout of American sovereignty and constitutional law. He and the deep state are doing all they can to unseat the elected president… In doing so, he is fulfilling Ezra Taft Benson’s prophecy….
I have long believed that Obama has been and is fulfilling Daniel’s words… he is without question fulfilling ETB’s prophecy, right?
25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time. (Daniel Chap 7)
Did Obama "think to change times and laws", you know... the foundation upon which America was established? Big yes to that one!

John gives us the clue as to when the 42 months is to begin, says he in Rev. 13:
5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
This person cannot “continue forty and two months” unless he was in a particular position and doing a particular thing in the first place, right? What was Obama doing as president? Undermining freedom and the constitution, right? Now that he’s no longer president, what is he and the corrupt deep state doing? More of the same, right?

The only question that remains is, when did the “forty and two months” begin? Was it when they could see that they were going to loose the election or lost the election? Or was it the inauguration of Trump?

For scriptural reasons too involved to mention here, I go with a time very close to the end of the election. So if we count forward from election time of 2016, we end up with the spring of 2020 as the end of the 42 months.

I hope I’ve explained this well enough for all to understand what I’m trying to say. Do Ezra Taft Benson’s prophecy and Daniel and John’s prophecy intersect? Do we have the same person (Obama) in the cross hairs of both prophecies? If so, we are already in a countdown to the cleansing of America or the Abomination of Desolation upon the Gentiles…
I don't think I have any particular disagreement with your interpretations in general, because I think that Obama is an embodiment of these figures in Revelation 13, where he almost lost to Romney, but the deadly wound to his campaign was healed, miraculously by supernatural occurrences, at the very last moment before the election because of Hurricane Sandy (and also thanks to big mouth Chris Christie). The Lord cursed this nation with a second term of Obama, and would not bless this nation with a priesthood holder for its head. I'm not saying that Romney doesn't have problems, or that I agree with his politics, but he is a saint compared to Obama.

I think however, you are a little bit too particular in the sense that this is a prophecy with multiple fulfillments where these figures are a type. Ancient Rome was one of them, where Nero was the beast that was wounded, and was resurrected metaphorically but not literally in the legend of Nero Redivivus (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nero_Redivivus_legend). 666 is the number of his name, where Neron Kaser (Nero Ceaser) spelled/transliterated in the Hebrew has the numerological sum of 666, as well as the greek word therion ("beast") when spelled/transliterated in Hebrew, also has the sum of 666.

While Obama fits snugly as the beast whose wound was healed, I have yet to see a convincing numerological interpretation where is name somehow equals 666. I find it interesting that the name Barak in Hebrew means lightning. Maybe somebody can come up with something to show me how his name fits in with that.

So, I believe you are on the right track as far as a Last Days interpretation of the figure. I think there is more to this however as a repetitive, figurative prophetic symbol. Domitian Ceasar also figures in to this.

I am a little bit hesitant to accept your interpretations of what the 42 months means. I am not sure about that yet.

Trump is somewhat of a piece of work too, but I don't know if he can be characterized as evil like Obama can. Therefore, I don't know how to interpret this idea that Obama would continue 42 months in some way, unless we take into account that he set up a shadow government and is working against Trump in a conspiracy against the government as you say. That is pretty much the only thing that would work for an interpretation.

Trump is both a blessing and a curse. He is a fulfillment of Isaiah where it says that children would rule over them, because of his narcissism and his egoism, and how he acts like he never grew up. But he has bought us a little bit of time, and the economy is good.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

EdGoble wrote:
I don't think I have any particular disagreement with your interpretations, because I think that Obama is an embodiment of these figures in Revelation 13, where he almost lost to Romney, but the deadly wound to his campaign was healed. I think however, you are a little bit too particular in the sense that this is a prophecy with multiple fulfillments where these figures are a type. Ancient Rome was one of them, where Nero was the beast that was wounded, and was resurrected metaphorically but not literally in the legend of Nero Redivivus (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nero_Redivivus_legend). 666 is the number of his name, where Neron Kaser (Nero Ceaser) spelled/transliterated in the Hebrew has the numerological sum of 666, as well as the greek word therion ("beast") when spelled/transliterated in Hebrew, also has the sum of 666.

So, I believe you are on the right track as far as a Last Days interpretation of the figure. I think there is more to this however as a repetitive, figurative prophetic symbol. Domitian Ceasar also figures in to this.

I am a little bit hesitant to accept your interpretations of what the 42 months means. I am not sure about that yet.

I agree that some of the elements of Rev 13:1-10 have reference to former kingdoms and times. No surprise as John and Daniel saw some of the very same events. This is especially apparent when you compare it to what Daniel says about beasts in chapter 7, some overlap there for sure.

However, the past is the past and as Latter Day Saints we need to keep a keen eye on the very near future in my view. When the abomination of desolation via “thermonuclear reaction” according to ETB unfolds, it will bring down this nation rather abruptly, although it won’t be the only cause of the thrashing the wicked Gentiles are going to get …. The Lord gave the Nephites a view of America’s demise. In 3 Nephi 21 we read:
11 Therefore it shall come to pass that whosoever will not believe in my words, who am Jesus Christ, which the Father shall cause him to bring forth unto the Gentiles, and shall give unto him power that he shall bring them forth unto the Gentiles, (it shall be done even as Moses said) they shall be cut off from among my people who are of the covenant.
12 And my people who are a remnant of Jacob shall be among the Gentiles, yea, in the midst of them as a lion among the beasts of the forest, as a young lion among the flocks of sheep, who, if he go through both treadeth down and teareth in pieces, and none can deliver.
13 Their hand shall be lifted up upon their adversaries, and all their enemies shall be cut off.
14 Yea, wo be unto the Gentiles except they repent; for it shall come to pass in that day, saith the Father, that I will cut off thy horses out of the midst of thee, and I will destroy thy chariots;
15 And I will cut off the cities of thy land, and throw down all thy strongholds;
16 And I will cut off witchcrafts out of thy land, and thou shalt have no more soothsayers;
17 Thy graven images I will also cut off, and thy standing images out of the midst of thee, and thou shalt no more worship the works of thy hands;
18 And I will pluck up thy groves out of the midst of thee; so will I destroy thy cities.
19 And it shall come to pass that all lyings, and deceivings, and envyings, and strifes, and priestcrafts, and whoredoms, shall be done away.
20 For it shall come to pass, saith the Father, that at that day whosoever will not repent and come unto my Beloved Son, them will I cut off from among my people, O house of Israel;
21 And I will execute vengeance and fury upon them, even as upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.
We are “the generation that must be prepared to meet… God.” So lets sit up and pay attention to what’s unfolding around us!!!

EdGoble
captain of 1,000

Post by EdGoble »

friendsofthe wrote: February 16th, 2018, 9:13 am However, the past is the past and as Latter Day Saints we need to keep a keen eye on the very near future in my view. When the abomination of desolation via “thermonuclear reaction” according to ETB unfolds, it will bring down this nation rather abruptly, although it won’t be the only cause of the thrashing the wicked Gentiles are going to get …. The Lord gave the Nephites a view of America’s demise.
I am open to nuclear holocaust of some type. I also think that the wicked of this nation will be destroyed by Lamanites (when the righteous separates from the wicked). Since the prophecies are repetitive, it is critical to see how they were fulfilled in ancient times to predict to some degree how they will see further fulfillments in modern times, where history repeats itself, and the figures in the prophecy share traits or likenesses with their literal fulfillments both in the past as well as in the future.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

EdGoble wrote:
I am open to nuclear holocaust of some type. I also think that the wicked of this nation will be destroyed by Lamanites (when the righteous separates from the wicked). Since the prophecies are repetitive, it is critical to see how they were fulfilled in ancient times to predict to some degree how they will see further fulfillments in modern times, where history repeats itself, and the figures in the prophecy share traits or likenesses with their literal fulfillments both in the past as well as in the future.
Yes! Your comment is so Ezra Taft Benson(ish)… lol… He said this same thing soooo many times and he was a prophet and president of the church… that’s why his views and interpretations are so very important to this generation to understand!

Daniel tells us in chapter 12 that:
1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book…
5 Then I Daniel looked, and, behold, there stood other two, the one on this side of the bank of the river, and the other on that side of the bank of the river.
6 And one said to the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, How long shall it be to the end of these wonders?
7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.
“A time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time”… Kind of think that a “nuclear holocaust of some type” would fit the bill here nicely, don’t you think?

The question posed to “the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river…” is “How long shall it be to the end of these wonders?” His answer, after “he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever” was “it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.”

In other words, very closely associated with a time when “Michael (Adam) stand up” and “thy people shall be delivered” (by the events leading to the Second Coming) is the period of time noted as “a time, times, and an half” or 42 months if you please. During that time “he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people” or to corrupt the divinely established constitutional laws, which form the basis for religious freedom and paved the way for the restoration. And when this 42 months is fulfilled… “all these things shall be finished”. Boom! The hammer will come down and we will be off to Jackson County and the coming of the Bridegroom…

EdGoble
captain of 1,000

Post by EdGoble »

friendsofthe wrote: February 16th, 2018, 10:11 am In other words, very closely associated with a time when “Michael (Adam) stand up” and “thy people shall be delivered” (by the events leading to the Second Coming) is the period of time noted as “a time, times, and an half” or 42 months if you please. During that time “he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people” or to corrupt the divinely established constitutional laws, which form the basis for religious freedom and paved the way for the restoration. And when this 42 months is fulfilled… “all these things shall be finished”. Boom! The hammer will come down and we will be off to Jackson County and the coming of the Bridegroom…
I only have one reservation, and that is, I think we are too well established in the Mormon Corridor for everyone to move now. I think that the move to Jackson County will be more gradual and limited. And besides, I feel like we have already returned in a sort of "preparatory" fashion. We just need to bulldoze that abomination on sacred ground that looks like a snail shell, and get the temple lot people to re-convert to the true Church and hand over the land.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

EdGoble wrote:
I only have one reservation, and that is, I think we are too well established in the Mormon Corridor for everyone to move now. I think that the move to Jackson County will be more gradual and limited. And besides, I feel like we have already returned in a sort of "preparatory" fashion. We just need to bulldoze that abomination on sacred ground that looks like a snail shell, and get the temple lot people to re-convert to the true Church and hand over the land.

I don’t expect the whole church to be gathered to the area of the New Jerusalem for the Second Coming, after all, the parable of the ten virgins teaches us that “the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps” but “They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:”… In the end only half of them “went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut”.

It may be that only the faithful and worthy or about 50% will make the trek. However, those who understand what’s going on (the wise) will surely be eager to be a party to that movement! Ezra Taft Benson taught:
“His first appearance will be to the righteous Saints who have gathered to the New Jerusalem. In this place of refuge they will be safe from the wrath of the Lord, which will be poured out without measure on all nations. . . .
So do you suppose “the wise” might want to be “In this place of refuge (where) they will be safe from the wrath of the Lord, which will be poured out without measure on all nations”? Joseph Smith said:
“And now I am prepared to say by the authority of Jesus Christ that not many years shall pass away before the United States shall present such a scene of bloodshed as has not a parallel in the history of our nation; pestilence, hail, famine, and earthquake will sweep the wicked of this generation from off the face of the land. To open and prepare the way for the return of the lost tribes of Israel from the north country.” (Joseph Smith DHC vol. 1 p. 315 & 316 January 4, 1833)
Under such circumstances, where would you want to be? He also said:
“I prophesy that that man who tarries after he has an opportunity of going, will be afflicted by the devil. Wars are at hand; we must not delay, but are not required to sacrifice. We ought to have the building up of Zion as our greatest object. When wars come, we shall flee to Zion.” (Joseph Smith DHC vol. 3 p. 390-391 July 1839)
Another quote from Joseph Smith:
“I saw men hunting the lives of their own sons, and brother murdering brother, women killing their own daughters, and daughters seeking the lives of their mothers. I saw armies arrayed against armies. I saw blood, desolation, fires. The Son of man has said that the mother shall be against the daughters, and the daughter against the mother. These things are at our doors. They will follow the Saints of God from city to city. (Might this be as we are trekking back to Jackson County?) Satan will rage, and the spirit of the devil is now enraged. I know not how soon these things will take place; but with a view of them, shall I cry peace? No; I will lift up my voice and testify of them. How long you will have good crops, and the famine be kept off, I do not know; when the fig tree leaves, know then that the summer is nigh at hand. TPJS, J SMITH :161
One more:
When wars come, we shall have to flee to Zion. The cry is to make haste. The last Revelation says, "Ye shall not have time to have gone over the earth, until these things come." It will come as did the cholera, war, fires, and earthquakes; one pestilence after another, etc., until the Ancient of Days come, then judgment will be given to the Saints. (Joseph Smith,1839-July-DHC 3:385-391)
The coming of “the Ancient of Days” (Adam) is directly associated with the 42 months and the Second Coming, we read from Daniel 7:
21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;
22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom…
25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
26 But the judgment shall sit, (Adam at AOA) and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.
So where might we suppose “the wise” will want to be when these events unfold upon the world?