The War Chapters and LDSFF, Alma 43 to Alma 63

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Arenera
captain of 1,000

The War Chapters and LDSFF, Alma 43 to Alma 63

Post by Arenera »

Why do our leaders, both general and local, continue to ask us to read the Book of Mormon?

For me, the Book of Mormon is a priceless gift, where there is more than meets the eye.

Some don't like the Isaiah chapters. Others find the war chapters boring. The war chapters become exciting and provide great information for our lives, even at LDSFF. Remember, Nephi asked his people, and us, to liken the scriptures to ourselves.

Yes, the war chapters have and are happening at LDSFF.

Alma 43

v3. The wars between Nephites and Lamanites. Think about that.
v4. The Zoramites became Lamanites.

Haven't we literally seen members go to entities that oppose the Church and leaders? Have we not seen, and see now, the Amonhies, the Snufferies, the Energy Healing entities fighting with opposition beliefs?

v16-17. We meet Captain Moroni. Pay attention to how he prepares people for battle.

v19. Breastplates, arm-shields, shields to defend their heads, dressed with thick clothing.

By the way, Captain Moroni lived before Paul...
Ephesians 6
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
Have we armored ourselves for the war?!!?

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re: The War Chapters and LDSFF, Alma 43 to Alma 63

Post by marc »

An interesting black and white comparison.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Thank you for your insight; The war chapters of the Book of Mormon are some of my favorite to listen to. (And I don't just say that because I often wake up to them...)

BruceRGilbert
captain of 1,000

Post by BruceRGilbert »

We are fortunate to be among many with different talents, strengths and abilities. I, for one, cannot kill the cow - but I can eat the meat.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

Having the whole armor of God, we are prepared for battle. But we need more...

V23. Moroni sent spies to know what the Lamanites were doing. He also sent men to Alma to get a prophet’s input.

AI2.0 has followed the JR and EH output. Because AI2.0 has a strong LDS doctrinal background, is able to see the false doctrine from the JR / EH output and provides warning to the rest of us.

One of our Generals, President Ballard, gave more info on those that oppose the Church and Leaders.
The Trek Continues
Today I repeat earlier counsel from Church leaders.

Brothers and sisters, keep the doctrine of Christ pure and never be deceived by those who tamper with the doctrine. The gospel of the Father and the Son was restored through Joseph Smith, the prophet for this last dispensation.

Do not listen to those who have not been ordained and/or set apart to their Church calling and are not acknowledged by common consent of the members of the Church.

Be aware of organizations, groups, or individuals claiming secret answers to doctrinal questions that they say today’s apostles and prophets do not have or understand.

Do not listen to those who entice you with get-rich schemes. Our members have lost far too much money, so be careful.
Personal armor is important, but as we shall see, it is still not enough.