Physical Influence of Satan and fallen spirits

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
abijah
pleb in zion

Physical Influence of Satan and fallen spirits

Post by abijah »

I came across an article the other day I found interesting and wanted input:
https://rsc.byu.edu/archived/volume-8-n ... hysicality

Both in scriptures as well as in personal life experiences it seems apparent to me that at least in some measure, Satan and his followers are capable of exercising agency over the physical world. Some questions which I've pondered are how they are able to do this, and to what extent? I know faith is a principle which applies just as heavily to the other side as it does in the Gospel of Christ, perhaps it is through demonic faith and fallen priesthoods that they are able to accomplish this?

I'll probably get blasted for this, but I've also contemplated the truthfulness of the prevailing LDS notion that all fallen spirits have no physical body, never did and never will. I'm aware of D&C 129, but are there any other scriptural citations definitively state this? Late impressions have caused me to think that perhaps it's not so simple.

Depending on how you interpret it, this line of thinking could shed light on the endowment, not only concerning Lucifer, but to Jehovah as well as Peter, James and John. Moreover, for what very little regard they are held in LDS circles, it might also profit to see how such things relate to the serpent seed doctrine and nephilim folklore.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: Physical Influence of Satan and fallen spirits

Post by BeNotDeceived »

abijah wrote: January 13th, 2018, 9:18 pm
... the serpent seed doctrine ...

Satan Has A Son ...

Is that what you mean by serpent seed doctrine?

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

BeNotDeceived wrote: January 13th, 2018, 9:50 pm Satan Has A Son ...

Is that what you mean by serpent seed doctrine?
Somewhat, I would have presented it very differently.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

I think the way they do it is they actually steal our creation power. I have heard the Devil's gifts are all stolen.

I once prayed for creation power. I had a dream where demons chased me and bitterly said "we have taken the keys from you". It was scary, but Jesus' voice was there too, He said "look at Me, I am right here".

They say we only use a fraction of our brains. So what is going on with the rest? I think a lot of our Brains contain dark matter, life experiences and beliefs that are not touched by the light or neurons of love and truth. To get the keys back, we have to put light into the dark places in our unconscious minds. We have to forgive negative experiences and fill them with love. Then, as Jesus said, we can do what He did, and even greater things.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

That we use only 10% of our brain is not true except here on the forum where some go completely brain dead, and thereby assume that we all have!
I'm sure Satan has taken over their brain. We have a President of the United States who is doing an exempliary job, has created hope again in America, and yet these brain dead people ( especially here) constantly run him down, lie about him etc. EVIL!

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

I imagine that Lucifer has the same type of body now that he had in the spirit world when he was cast out - a body of spirit that looks a lot like the body of flesh and bones he would have received, if he had kept his first estate. In other words, he looks like a spirit man created after the image of his Heavenly Father. That's probably why he can deceive so many people when he appears to them - he looks like a man and not a goat.

A spirit body is a different type of matter from the matter that makes up a physical body, but it is still matter and has mass. However, the electrons in the spirit matter would probably resonate at a different electrical frequency than the electrons in our atoms, meaning that we wouldn't be able to see spirit beings or interact with them under normal circumstances because they would be existing outside of our dimension.

If we were able to temporarily do something to increase or decrease the speed at which our electrons resonate, like doing charitable acts or doing evil acts, it might be possible for us to find ourselves face to face with beings like one of Heavenly Father's messengers, or one of Lucifer's messengers, who currently exist in either higher or lower dimensions.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

I think that if allowed, Satan can inhabit the body of anyone. And thus appear to be what he is not.

I think there are many in this world who are possessed by the devil. I think it is quite common. And thus they go about doing his bidding.

Our power of creation is the power to reproduce, to have children, to go forth and multiply. That is what allows us to bring other spirit children into the world.

Our brains possess a tremendous power of imagination. So we can imagine all kinds of other worlds, other definitions, anything we want. We can see in our dreams anything we want to see.

And we will see there what we have a propensity to see. Or, we can listen to the guiding hand, or word.
dc

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

I have strong doubts that there is any special "Satan power"--it's all natural laws. Natural laws can be used by anyone who knows them--no higher power needed. Yes, humans can use them. It's pretty mind-blowing, but for some good reads, check out Lyall Watson--he goes into many aspects of this in very interesting reads, and that was years ago.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

Satan only has illusions. He wants you to think he has power. But he doesn't, unless you let him. He only has illusions and he uses enmity between people and beasts to stir them up against each other to fuel his own ends. (He also uses people's weak spots against them. STAY GUARDED to not fall back into old habits.) But if they had no enmity and had the spirit of obedience then people can see through his lies, illusions, and not follow his enmity. His using enmity on people to get them to hurt one another makes it look like he has power but that is also going to be done away with when he is bound.

Some of his illusions are really clever. He likes to especially try to make people think that his illusions are so big that you can't overcome them and that there's no choice but to give in. But then you seek the power of the Savior, who is Christ, and things will be turned to good for you; a way out will open up.

Christ's gifts start with meekness and humility. He allowed Heavenly Father to groom him into the role(s) he has now. He is obedient and full of love. With love and service, enmity has no place with him, nor is there any place for enmity in his kingdom. That's why it's so inspired that the core curriculum this year is to work together more, cooperate, and do what's needed for Relief Society and Priesthood this year. This is a focus on doing away with enmity as a preparation of entering the Millenium. (How cool is that?) But to do that you have to focus on loving and serving one another.

This was a good question by the way. I hope that we were able to help you and that you could also feel like we're building each other up as you read the answers we posted, not tearing one another down.

Also recently in my mind is that there's a lot of good people outside the church. This came up in Sunday School at church today. They are our brothers and sisters too.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

gardener4life wrote: January 15th, 2018, 3:53 am
Also recently in my mind is that there's a lot of good people outside the church. This came up in Sunday School at church today. They are our brothers and sisters too.

I was thinking about adding a book to my top ten favorites. Also, I came across a video, where President Trump says his book is the second best book ever written. This caused me to reflect on the idea that the best book may be the Bible, not because of what it says, but rather that it’s teaching are more widely shared.