When Will The City Of Zion Be Built?

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
onefour1
captain of 1,000

When Will The City Of Zion Be Built?

Post by onefour1 »

A gospel topic I am researching is when will the City of Zion be built, in the sixth seal or in the seventh? What are your thoughts?

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Re: When Will The City Of Zion Be Built?

Post by Arenera »

Update on Tuesday...

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

There are many modern prophecies of great social unrest in the US, North America, and the world. Actually, 'social unrest' is putting it way too mildly. This will be a period of great destruction and cleansing. After this period of cleansing, or perhaps during this time, construction of Zion will commence.

When's this period of cleansing going to begin, and how will the faithful be preserved? Those are the big questions we don't have answers for.

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

brianj wrote: January 13th, 2018, 8:33 pm There are many modern prophecies of great social unrest in the US, North America, and the world. Actually, 'social unrest' is putting it way too mildly. This will be a period of great destruction and cleansing. After this period of cleansing, or perhaps during this time, construction of Zion will commence.

When's this period of cleansing going to begin, and how will the faithful be preserved? Those are the big questions we don't have answers for.
I agree with this. I think there is a distinction between the "latter days" and the "last days", and I believe the transition will be very tangible. Though I'm unsure as to how this aligns with the 6th and 7th seals, I reckon the building of Zion, whether in Missouri or Israel, will be a last days event, most likely commencing around the time of the tribulation. I think speculation for specific dates/years is a vain attempt, one simply needs to watch and be prepared for when the time comes.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

abijah wrote: January 13th, 2018, 8:55 pm
brianj wrote: January 13th, 2018, 8:33 pm There are many modern prophecies of great social unrest in the US, North America, and the world. Actually, 'social unrest' is putting it way too mildly. This will be a period of great destruction and cleansing. After this period of cleansing, or perhaps during this time, construction of Zion will commence.

I agree with this. I think there is a distinction between the "latter days" and the "last days", and I believe the transition will be very tangible. Though I'm unsure as to how this aligns with the 6th and 7th seals, I reckon the building of Zion, whether in Missouri or Israel, will be a last days event, most likely commencing around the time of the tribulation. I think speculation for specific dates/years is a vain attempt, one simply needs to watch and be prepared for when the time comes.
I don't think we can build the city before or at the start of the coming tribulations. Some land owners would refuse to sell, Satan would inspire other people to buy up the land for other purposes, and still others would be inspired to use all the effort they can to block issuance of construction permits.

We need the tribulations to remove the current population, government red tape, and terminate legal claims of people who currently own the land in that region.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

If you think about the scriptures and how they relate a few patterns can become visible.

1) The ARK had to be built before there was a flood.
2) Israel couldn't be formed and created until after the flood because it was a too destructive society in pre-flood.

So some things will have to have begun before the tribulations (foundation and basic ideas put in place). But some things can't be done until after (interference of the wicked).

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

During the 6th seal prior to 2033... In the 6th seal the 10 lost tribes return we know that they come to Zion the New Jerusalem, and the 144k are called during the 6th seal, and sealed in the temple for the work of preaching - all 6th seal stuff.

The missionaries will be recalled the tribulation and wars will start- plagues unleashed then there will be a series of massive earthquakes that wipe clean Jackson county. Many have seen it in vision and it is also in the scriptures and teachings of the prophets. The New Madrid fault zone running all the way from the Gulf of Mexico to the great lakes will open up several miles wide and the flood will clean out many areas. The scriptures also say we can sail to Zion - it will be one inland oceanic water way, the US continent will be split in two....

Be careful there are a two New Jerusalem's spoken about in the scriptures - one is the one the members will build the other is at the second coming, Jesus will bring down his abode from Heaven also referred in some places as a new Jerusalem. Some mistakenly teach we don;t build a new Jerusalem as it comes down from heaven.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Spaced_Out wrote: January 14th, 2018, 6:40 am During the 6th seal prior to 2033... In the 6th seal the 10 lost tribes return we know that they come to Zion the New Jerusalem, and the 144k are called during the 6th seal, and sealed in the temple for the work of preaching - all 6th seal stuff.

The missionaries will be recalled the tribulation and wars will start- plagues unleashed then there will be a series of massive earthquakes that wipe clean Jackson county. Many have seen it in vision and it is also in the scriptures and teachings of the prophets. The New Madrid fault zone running all the way from the Gulf of Mexico to the great lakes will open up several miles wide and the flood will clean out many areas. The scriptures also say we can sail to Zion - it will be one inland oceanic water way, the US continent will be split in two....

Be careful there are a two New Jerusalem's spoken about in the scriptures - one is the one the members will build the other is at the second coming, Jesus will bring down his abode from Heaven also referred in some places as a new Jerusalem. Some mistakenly teach we don;t build a new Jerusalem as it comes down from heaven.
Where does the 2033 number come from?

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Besides all of the scriptures that contradict the idea that the New Jerusalem shall be built before the Second Coming (which I’ve not time to address at the moment) does it not strike anyone besides myself that if it were true, it would undermine the element of surprise that is supposedly associated with the Second Coming?

Building the New Jerusalem and slowly ramping up to the Second Coming is not exactly “as sudden as a whirlwind” is it?

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

Ezra wrote: January 14th, 2018, 8:27 am
Spaced_Out wrote: January 14th, 2018, 6:40 am During the 6th seal prior to 2033... In the 6th seal the 10 lost tribes return we know that they come to Zion the New Jerusalem, and the 144k are called during the 6th seal, and sealed in the temple for the work of preaching - all 6th seal stuff.

I can speak for no one but myself. I was given the number as a child of about 10 years old. (I do not know that it is the second coming, but I do believe it to be significant.) It has only been in the last 10 years or so that I have seen others come up with this year for various reasons. I remember being so surprised when it kept popping up in last day discussions until I realized that, of course, other people would be receiving inspiration from the Spirit too.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

2033 feels so far away. I'll be 74. Or maybe I'll be worm food by then.

I'm praying that Elder Neal A. Maxwell's thoughtful words are applied and the events of the year 2033 are years beyond the formation of the City of Zion and the 2nd Coming.

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... h?lang=eng
"Now, my brethren, “these are [your] days” (Hel. 7:9) in the history of the Church. Mark well what kind of days they will be, days when, with special visibility, the Lord will “make bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations.” (D&C 133:3.) God will also “hasten” His work. (D&C 88:73.) He will also “shorten” the last days “for the elect’s sake”; hence, there will be a compression of events. (Matt. 24:22; JS—M 1:20.) Furthermore, “all things shall be in commotion.” (D&C 88:91.) Only those in the process of becoming the men and women of Christ will be able to keep their spiritual balance. Brethren, may we “walk by faith,” and, if necessary, even on our knees! In the name of the Lord of the universe, even Jesus Christ, amen."

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

Silver wrote: January 14th, 2018, 10:22 am 2033 feels so far away. I'll be 74. Or maybe I'll be worm food by then.

I'm praying that Elder Neal A. Maxwell's thoughtful words are applied and the events of the year 2033 are years beyond the formation of the City of Zion and the 2nd Coming.

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... h?lang=eng
"Now, my brethren, “these are [your] days” (Hel. 7:9) in the history of the Church. Mark well what kind of days they will be, days when, with special visibility, the Lord will “make bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations.” (D&C 133:3.) God will also “hasten” His work. (D&C 88:73.) He will also “shorten” the last days “for the elect’s sake”; hence, there will be a compression of events. (Matt. 24:22; JS—M 1:20.) Furthermore, “all things shall be in commotion.” (D&C 88:91.) Only those in the process of becoming the men and women of Christ will be able to keep their spiritual balance. Brethren, may we “walk by faith,” and, if necessary, even on our knees! In the name of the Lord of the universe, even Jesus Christ, amen."
The hasten part has already begun. Now onto the shortened days. ;)

Edit:typo

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

Michelle wrote: January 14th, 2018, 10:09 am
Ezra wrote: January 14th, 2018, 8:27 am

I can speak for no one but myself. I was given the number as a child of about 10 years old. (I do not know that it is the second coming, but I do believe it to be significant.) It has only been in the last 10 years or so that I have seen others come up with this year for various reasons. I remember being so surprised when it kept popping up in last day discussions until I realized that, of course, other people would be receiving inspiration from the Spirit too.
Thanks for posting interesting testimony on the date... I will solve the mystery for you as to the date and what will happen...if you will have it...

For me, there was an ongoing heated discussion on LDSFF about the seals with most saying we are in the 7th seal that raged on for weeks. The one morning I woke up contemplating on these things, when a thought came to my mind saying the firth seal started when the law of Moses ended. I thought that very strange as why not after the crucifixion or resurrection - but it was very clear when the law of Moses ended - anyway it is the same date. Jesus crucified at age 33 gives 2,000y from that date. May people proposed the year 2,000 but it has been 18years since and nothing has happened except the hastening has started.

There are a lot of things to happen in the next 15 years - the tribulations, destruction of gentile nations (western Europe and USA), meteorite and earthquakes, build Zion - lost tribes return . 144 called and final preaching of the gospel to the house of Israel.

My understanding is that the next big thing to happen will be economic collapse - stock markets around the world have had unprecedented growth and lack of volatility - this is what has preceded all the big crashes. The hastening is now over and it could be months away from starting...

The second coming is only well after 2033 but by then one will be in Zion or a place of refuge with all the storms raging around.

onefour1
captain of 1,000

Post by onefour1 »

Right now my leanings are that the New Jerusalem will be built in the sixth seal because Revelation 7 is a sixth seal event according to D&C 77. If the 144,000 are chosen from each tribe, it makes sense that the tribes would need to be gathered for this to happen. I am impressed with 3 Nephi 21 which has a chronology of events:

3 Nephi 21:11-29
11 Therefore it shall come to pass that whosoever will not believe in my words, who am Jesus Christ, which the Father shall cause him to bring forth unto the Gentiles, and shall give unto him power that he shall bring them forth unto the Gentiles, (it shall be done even as Moses said) they shall be cut off from among my people who are of the covenant.
12 And my people who are a remnant of Jacob shall be among the Gentiles, yea, in the midst of them as a lion among the beasts of the forest, as a young lion among the flocks of sheep, who, if he go through both treadeth down and teareth in pieces, and none can deliver.
13 Their hand shall be lifted up upon their adversaries, and all their enemies shall be cut off.
14 Yea, wo be unto the Gentiles except they repent; for it shall come to pass in that day, saith the Father, that I will cut off thy horses out of the midst of thee, and I will destroy thy chariots;
15 And I will cut off the cities of thy land, and throw down all thy strongholds;
16 And I will cut off witchcrafts out of thy land, and thou shalt have no more soothsayers;
17 Thy graven images I will also cut off, and thy standing images out of the midst of thee, and thou shalt no more worship the works of thy hands;
18 And I will pluck up thy groves out of the midst of thee; so will I destroy thy cities.
19 And it shall come to pass that all lyings, and deceivings, and envyings, and strifes, and priestcrafts, and whoredoms, shall be done away.
20 For it shall come to pass, saith the Father, that at that day whosoever will not repent and come unto my Beloved Son, them will I cut off from among my people, O house of Israel;
21 And I will execute vengeance and fury upon them, even as upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.
22 But if they will repent and hearken unto my words, and harden not their hearts, I will establish my church among them, and they shall come in unto the covenant and be numbered among this the remnant of Jacob, unto whom I have given this land for their inheritance;
23 And they shall assist my people, the remnant of Jacob, and also as many of the house of Israel as shall come, that they may build a city, which shall be called the New Jerusalem.
24 And then shall they assist my people that they may be gathered in, who are scattered upon all the face of the land, in unto the New Jerusalem.
25 And then shall the power of heaven come down among them; and I also will be in the midst.
26 And then shall the work of the Father commence at that day, even when this gospel shall be preached among the remnant of this people. Verily I say unto you, at that day shall the work of the Father commence among all the dispersed of my people, yea, even the tribes which have been lost, which the Father hath led away out of Jerusalem.
27 Yea, the work shall commence among all the dispersed of my people, with the Father to prepare the way whereby they may come unto me, that they may call on the Father in my name.
28 Yea, and then shall the work commence, with the Father among all nations in preparing the way whereby his people may be gathered home to the land of their inheritance.
29 And they shall go out from all nations; and they shall not go out in haste, nor go by flight, for I will go before them, saith the Father, and I will be their rearward.

It seems from the verses above that once the Gentiles have been given the opportunity to receive the gospel and reject it, then destructions will come upon them and their cities will be destroyed, and he will sweep the wicked from off the face of this land. But there will be a remnant of the righteous who will remain. This remnant will then go forth and build the city of the New Jerusalem. Then the power of heaven will come down upon the city. It then says that the work of the Father will commence to bring the gospel unto all the lost tribes of Israel. Then they will be gathered to the land of their Inheritance which I take to mean the land of Israel. These verses tell me that the city will be built before the gospel is taken in a major way to all the lost tribes of Israel. If the 144,000 are chosen during or after the gathering of the lost tribes, then the building of the city of Zion would definitely be in the sixth seal since it occurs before the gospel is taken to the lost tribes according to the verses above.
Last edited by onefour1 on January 14th, 2018, 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

onefour1
captain of 1,000

Post by onefour1 »

I believe that the year 2033 is the end of the sixth seal. My reasoning can be found here

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

friendsofthe wrote: January 14th, 2018, 10:02 am Besides all of the scriptures that contradict the idea that the New Jerusalem shall be built before the Second Coming (which I’ve not time to address at the moment) does it not strike anyone besides myself that if it were true, it would undermine the element of surprise that is supposedly associated with the Second Coming?

Building the New Jerusalem and slowly ramping up to the Second Coming is not exactly “as sudden as a whirlwind” is it?
The second coming is not going to be such a surprise to the faithful.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

MMbelieve wrote: January 15th, 2018, 3:22 pm
friendsofthe wrote: January 14th, 2018, 10:02 am Besides all of the scriptures that contradict the idea that the New Jerusalem shall be built before the Second Coming (which I’ve not time to address at the moment) does it not strike anyone besides myself that if it were true, it would undermine the element of surprise that is supposedly associated with the Second Coming?

The second coming is not going to be such a surprise to the faithful.
It is no mistake the New Jerusalem will be built and the gathering place from the storm of tribulations and will be preserved like the ancient city of Enoch of by God's miraculous power. There is also a holy city a 'New Jerusalem" that comes down at the start of the Millennium also the city of Enoch comes down as well..
The hour and day no one knows but the signs are given for a reason - there will be no surprise for the faithful.. People on this forum love to post anything contradictory and to deceive people.

Doctrine and Covenants 45:44
44 And then they shall look for me, and, behold, I will come; and they shall see me in the clouds of heaven, clothed with power and great glory; with all the holy angels; and he that watches not for me shall be cut off.

https://www.lds.org/scriptures/tg/jerus ... ang=eng#p5
New Jerusalem
See also Zion

The place where the Saints will gather and Christ will personally reign with them during the Millennium. Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent, and the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory (A of F 1:10). It also refers to a holy city that will come down out of heaven at the beginning of the Millennium.

The law shall go forth out of Zion, Micah 4:2.

The name of the city of my God is New Jerusalem, Rev. 3:12.

John saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, Rev. 21:1–5.

This people will I establish in this land, and it shall be a New Jerusalem, 3 Ne. 20:22.

A New Jerusalem will be built in America, Ether 13:3–6, 10.

The city of the New Jerusalem shall be prepared, D&C 42:9, 35, 62–69.

Saints are to gather and build the New Jerusalem, D&C 45:63–75.

The New Jerusalem is to be built in Missouri, D&C 84:1–5 (D&C 57:1–3).

The Lamb shall stand upon Mount Zion and upon the holy city, the New Jerusalem, D&C 133:56.

My tabernacle shall be called Zion, a New Jerusalem, Moses 7:62.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

If the Second Coming were to be a total surprise, we would not have any prophesies about preceding events or the parable of the fig tree. The day and time of the Second Coming are unknown and will not be known until they happen, but we have been giving prophesies so we can know the season.

And almost all of my books are still in storage so I can't pull it out, but I believe there was a quote in Latter Day Prophets Speak stating the Savior will come to the city of Zion at His coming. How can that happen if the city doesn't exist?

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

ummm..., so, probably remnant people will finally rise as lions linking with the lost north tribes( their true white brothers) fight against ptb (england will be the last nation goes to pieces, 28 Their enemies shall become a prey unto them(dc 133)), after their return, before building new jerusalem??!!

c would be venus, enoch people.
http://latterdaycommentary.blogspot.jp/ ... ction.html

debris disk caused by the collision might make sun become black....
"12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

16 And said to the mountains...
"
even some lds upper echelon might be found with the city of london the rich and great....
http://www.larouchepub.com/lar/2000/2737_skousen.html
:arrow:

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

sushi_chef wrote: January 15th, 2018, 9:21 pm ummm..., so, probably remnant people will finally rise as lions linking with the lost north tribes( their true white brothers) fight against ptb (england will be the last nation goes to pieces, 28 Their enemies shall become a prey unto them(dc 133)), after their return, before building new jerusalem??!!

c would be venus, enoch people.
http://latterdaycommentary.blogspot.jp/ ... ction.html

debris disk caused by the collision might make sun become black....
"12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

16 And said to the mountains...
"
even some lds upper echelon might be found with the city of london the rich and great....
http://www.larouchepub.com/lar/2000/2737_skousen.html
:arrow:
In 1981 two Soviet landers, Venera 13 and Venera 14, landed on Venus. Venera 14 only survived 57 minutes, but Venera 13 survived for two hours and seven minutes on the surface. Venera 13 measured an atmospheric pressure 89 times that of Earth and an atmospheric temperature of 855 F / 457 C. When and where Venera 14 landed, it measured an atmospheric pressure 94 times that of Earth (9.5 megapascals compared to about 101 kilopascals) and an atmospheric temperature of 465 C / 869 F. These measurements were right in line with earlier observations from Venera, Mariner, and Pioneer spacecraft.

Human life cannot exist at those pressures and temperatures.

Regarding the idea of a debris disk hiding the sun, there is not enough material in the inner solar system to block all light from the sun.

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

Last edited by Sarah on January 15th, 2018, 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Brainj wrote:
If the Second Coming were to be a total surprise, we would not have any prophesies about preceding events or the parable of the fig tree. The day and time of the Second Coming are unknown and will not be known until they happen, but we have been giving prophesies so we can know the season.

And almost all of my books are still in storage so I can't pull it out, but I believe there was a quote in Latter Day Prophets Speak stating the Savior will come to the city of Zion at His coming. How can that happen if the city doesn't exist?
Well, I didn’t actually say “total surprise” and I do expect that those saints who are actively watching and waiting will see it coming. However, my research indicates that the Lord’s coming as the Bridegroom is much too close as to allow time for the building of the earthly New Jerusalem before he arrives, that is, if you believe what Ezra Taft Benson had to say…

What was “the task which may come at any time” referred to by Ezra Taft Benson in his 1961 conference talk. Was it the same as “the tasks ahead of us” that Thomas S. Monson made mention of in his 2011 general conference talk where he quoted President Benson? Decide for yourself.. http://thebridegroomcometh.net/the-task ... -any-time/

If you are able to find the quote you referenced above please let us know..

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Changed

onefour1
captain of 1,000

Post by onefour1 »

Waited for Arenera's update on Tuesday thru today, but no reply yet. :cry:

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

onefour1 wrote: January 18th, 2018, 9:48 pm Waited for Arenera's update on Tuesday thru today, but no reply yet. :cry:
We learned on Tuesday to Keep on the Covenant Path. If you left come back. This is important as the Good Ship Zion turns into the waves that are coming (tribulations). Elder Uchtdorf has special assignments needing a “younger” apostle, possibly with flying experience.

President Oaks, while younger but not as spry as President Nelson, showed that he can interpret the technical legal side of the upcoming events.

Don’t forget President Nelson’s talk in April 2016 priesthood session: The Price of Priesthood Power.
Are you willing to search the scriptures and feast on the words of Christ13—to study earnestly in order to have more power? If you want to see your wife’s heart melt, let her find you on the Internet studying the doctrine of Christ14 or reading your scriptures!
Are you willing to worship in the temple regularly? The Lord loves to do His own teaching in His holy house. Imagine how pleased He would be if you asked Him to teach you about priesthood keys, authority, and power as you experience the ordinances of the Melchizedek Priesthood in the holy temple.15 Imagine the increase in priesthood power that could be yours.
In these latter days, we know there will be earthquakes in diverse places.16 Perhaps one of those diverse places will be in our own homes, where emotional, financial, or spiritual “earthquakes” may occur. Priesthood power can calm the seas and heal fractures in the earth. Priesthood power can also calm the minds and heal fractures in the hearts of those we love.
Yes, President Nelson is already ahead of us. We need to run to catch up.

This is how: Read the over 2,400 scriptures on Christ. Use the topical guide, read every one. President Nelson did it in 6 weeks. Well, it is ok if it takes us a little longer.

https://www.lds.org/broadcasts/article/ ... w?lang=eng

Don’t be a minion.