I think I have just recognized this has all been fulfilled...

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Rand
captain of 1,000

I think I have just recognized this has all been fulfilled...

Post by Rand »

2 Ne 13:4 And I will give children unto them to be their princes, and babes shall rule over them. Justin Trudea, Milenials and Facebook etc.

5 And the people shall be oppressed, every one by another, and every one by his neighbor; the child shall behave himself proudly against the ancient, and the base against the honorable. Online Media... and it is going to get worse...

6 When a man shall take hold of his brother of the house of his father, and shall say: Thou hast clothing, be thou our ruler, and let not this ruin come under thy hand— Oprah, Trump maybe to a point...

7 In that day shall he swear, saying: I will not be a healer; for in my house there is neither bread nor clothing; make me not a ruler of the people.
This is coming soon...
Thoughts?

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Re: I think I have just recognized this has all been fulfilled...

Post by Michelle »

Rand wrote: January 11th, 2018, 1:23 pm 2 Ne 13:4 And I will give children unto them to be their princes, and babes shall rule over them. Justin Trudea, Milenials and Facebook etc.

5 And the people shall be oppressed, every one by another, and every one by his neighbor; the child shall behave himself proudly against the ancient, and the base against the honorable. Online Media... and it is going to get worse...

6 When a man shall take hold of his brother of the house of his father, and shall say: Thou hast clothing, be thou our ruler, and let not this ruin come under thy hand— Oprah, Trump maybe to a point...

7 In that day shall he swear, saying: I will not be a healer; for in my house there is neither bread nor clothing; make me not a ruler of the people.
This is coming soon...
Thoughts?
Yes. I think about this scripture often.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

One I see:

5 And the people shall be oppressed, every one by another, and every one by his neighbor; the child shall behave himself proudly against the ancient, and the base against the honorable. HOAs, immoral taxation, violent crimes against the elderly.

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

Rand wrote: January 11th, 2018, 1:23 pm 2 Ne 13:4 And I will give children unto them to be their princes, and babes shall rule over them. Justin Trudea, Milenials and Facebook etc.

This is coming soon...
Thoughts?
Verses 2-4 and 12 deal with the loss of power of the mighty men of JerUSAlem. Because of their pride and wickedness, they will be removed and political authority will be given to children, babes, and women. Such a thought was untenable to one of Jewish tradition. This loss of power is part of the humbling of the loftiness of man theme discussed in the preceding chapter.

This kind of oppression comes not from an external political authority but from the neighbors. How will this take place? If one is stricken with terrible famine, the neighbors are looked to for offerings of food. The inhabitants of JerUSAlem will be oppressed with the requests of their neighbors for food. This is exactly what happened during the first Abomination of Desolation (AD 70)

Such incredible hunger will make people look to their neighbors or family for support. However, the siege will be so difficult and the famine so severe, that there will be none willing to provide for friends or neighbors, 'I will not be a healer; for in my house there is neither bread nor clothing; make me not a ruler of the people.'

THIS HAS NOT BEEN FULFILLED IN THE AMERICAS

Rand
captain of 1,000

Post by Rand »

"political authority will be given to children, babes, and women"
Trump acts like a child. He has given his authority to his children, and his wife is a babe... :-) Sorry couldn't resist... but women are in positions of authority.
Not that it has been completely fulfilled, but... looks pretty close to me.

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

Why not quote the whole chapter....

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

12 And my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they who lead thee cause thee to err and destroy the way of thy paths.

13 The Lord standeth up to plead, and standeth to judge the people.

14 The Lord will enter into judgment with the ancients of his people and the princes thereof; for ye have eaten up the vineyard and the spoil of the poor in your houses.

15 What mean ye? Ye beat my people to pieces, and grind the faces of the poor, saith the Lord God of Hosts.

16 Moreover, the Lord saith: Because the daughters of Zion are haughty, and walk with stretched-forth necks and wanton eyes, walking and mincing as they go, and making a tinkling with their feet—

17 Therefore the Lord will smite with a scab the crown of the head of the daughters of Zion, and the Lord will discover their secret parts.

18 In that day the Lord will take away the bravery of their tinkling ornaments, and cauls, and round tires like the moon;

19 The chains and the bracelets, and the mufflers;

20 The bonnets, and the ornaments of the legs, and the headbands, and the tablets, and the ear-rings;

21 The rings, and nose jewels;

22 The changeable suits of apparel, and the mantles, and the wimples, and the crisping-pins;

23 The glasses, and the fine linen, and hoods, and the veils.

24 And it shall come to pass, instead of sweet smell there shall be stink; and instead of a girdle, a rent; and instead of well set hair, baldness; and instead of a stomacher, a girding of sackcloth; burning instead of beauty.

25 Thy men shall fall by the sword and thy mighty in the war.

26 And her gates shall lament and mourn; and she shall be desolate, and shall sit upon the ground.

Don't pin the above on anybody else but us...

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

3 Nephi 20:15-16

15 And I say unto you, that if the Gentiles do not repent after the blessing which they shall receive, after they have scattered my people—

16 Then shall ye, who are a remnant of the house of Jacob, go forth among them; and ye shall be in the midst of them who shall be many; and ye shall be among them as a lion among the beasts of the forest, and as a young lion among the flocks of sheep, who, if he goeth through both treadeth down and teareth in pieces, and none can deliver.

3 Nephi 21:12

12 And my people who are a remnant of Jacob shall be among the Gentiles, yea, in the midst of them as a lion among the beasts of the forest, as a young lion among the flocks of sheep, who, if he go through both treadeth down and teareth in pieces, and none can deliver.

I have always considered the above verses and thought that a righteous remnant of Jacob would in a somewhat noble fashion come and subjugate the wicked gentiles in some way.

It struck me recently that this may be a misreading on my part. I certainly am not trying to categorize all Hispanics, in fact I know the majority of them are good decent people who are just trying to take care of their families the best they can,

But in regards to the above scriptures, I think of La Raza (The Race) the gangs, the strong Hispanic element in antifa - I wonder if the above scriptures are in fact being fulfilled right now.

Again, any of you of Hispanic descent, I am not disparaging you at all. I am just seeing that the imagery of "treading down" and "rending" - that's pretty violent and destructive - I feel the scripture is being fulfilled.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

I am in agreement with all of you that this is being fulfilled yes.

I didn't know people had been wondering about this or I might have posted sooner. Also educators will quickly tell you their version of the twist too where a child can get a teacher fired or in trouble just for telling them to behave.

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

One idea, is that we choose leaders based on money and not virtue.

But, some day, society may break down like the Book of Mormon days into tribes.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

LdsMarco wrote: January 11th, 2018, 2:48 pm

This is coming soon...
Thoughts?
Verses 2-4 and 12 deal with the loss of power of the mighty men of JerUSAlem. Because of their pride and wickedness, they will be removed and political authority will be given to children, babes, and women. Such a thought was untenable to one of Jewish tradition. This loss of power is part of the humbling of the loftiness of man theme discussed in the preceding chapter.

This kind of oppression comes not from an external political authority but from the neighbors. How will this take place? If one is stricken with terrible famine, the neighbors are looked to for offerings of food. The inhabitants of JerUSAlem will be oppressed with the requests of their neighbors for food. This is exactly what happened during the first Abomination of Desolation (AD 70)

Such incredible hunger will make people look to their neighbors or family for support. However, the siege will be so difficult and the famine so severe, that there will be none willing to provide for friends or neighbors, 'I will not be a healer; for in my house there is neither bread nor clothing; make me not a ruler of the people.'

THIS HAS NOT BEEN FULFILLED IN THE AMERICAS
God isn't taking authority and power away from men; the population of the US is doing that entirely on their own. This loss of power is part of wickedness and will lead to the sore trials that humble the lofty.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

simpleton wrote: January 11th, 2018, 6:16 pm 12 And my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they who lead thee cause thee to err and destroy the way of thy paths.
Phew, dodged a bullet there