Modern Day Miracles?

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Re: Modern Day Miracles?

Post by gclayjr »

dafty,
You are starting to sound like one of the pharaohs advisers trying to explain the plagues(do you know what happened to him in the end? lol).
There is a clear difference between an incomprehensible miracle and a 'tender mercy'(
In your efforts to discredit me, your thinking has gone completely incomprehensible.

Which were the plagues - Tender Mercy or Miracle? What necromantic term did the Pharoah's advisors use to call them?

I at least started by referencing the definition of miracle, then made a cogent logical argument. I can't fathom what you are trying to say, except to slam me. If that is the best you have, then I know I am on solid ground.

Regards,

George Clay

Rand
captain of 1,000

Post by Rand »

dafty wrote: January 10th, 2018, 1:29 pm
Rand wrote: January 10th, 2018, 12:56 pm In Moses' day we called striking a rock with his staff and water pouring forth as a miracle, today we just call it a well. We are surrounded by miracles, but, we don't give God thanks nor credit for the enjoyment of them. Medicine does "miracles" at times, and of course, the Doctor we call god gets the credit, not God.
I have a friend who was diagnosed with a melanoma tumor on her neck. Prognosis was lousy. She is not cancer free. Medicine takes credit, when in reality, the tumor started shrinking right after her Priesthood blessing, and before any medical treatment began.
We like miracles that fit our preconceived notions of what they should look like. Look deeper.
Now that i have that off my chest, we are the recipients of miracles to the limits of our faith. If we don't receive more miracles, it is because we don't have the kind of faith needed to receive them. DC 111:11 applies here too: "I will order all things for your good, as fast as ye are able to receive them. Amen." They exist, we are not worthy of more than we receive. Instead of taking that burden on ourselves we look elsewhere. Ask and ye shall receive....
Come on now, thats very inaccurate to say the least, to try to compare digging a well with simply striking the rock and delivering enough water to quench Israelites thirst...Anyhow, Jeremiah 23:
7 Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that they shall no more say, The Lord liveth, which brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt;

8 But, The Lord liveth, which brought up and which led the seed of the house of Israel out of the north country, and from all countries whither I had driven them; and they shall dwell in their own land.
...so I guess the Lord Himself declares that we 'havent seen nothing yet'.
I don't know, my last well was dug in a matter of days by a rig that went down 350'. That rig was a miracle, considering the water i could have reached by digging my own well by hand. Technology is both a miracle and a barrier between us and God because we don't give him credit for it, usually.

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

Rand,
I don't know, my last well was dug in a matter of days by a rig that went down 350'. That rig was a miracle, considering the water i could have reached by digging my own well by hand. Technology is both a miracle and a barrier between us and God because we don't give him credit for it, usually.
Good point. All knowledge comes from God. I guess having technology that performs wondrous things that so many of us don't understand, makes it hard to see God's hand in either the technology, or in the other miracles that we would have recognized in the past.

If we take medicine, receive a healing blessing and become cured from an illness, was this healing a miracle ... from God?

Regards,

George Clay

lemuel
Operating Thetan

Post by lemuel »

gclayjr wrote: January 10th, 2018, 7:07 am gradles21,
ubt it if you want.

So look and see the miracles around you instead of whining about the fact that they aren't dramatic enough for you.

Regards,

George Clay
There's a difference between wanting miracles for signs and wanting miracles for their effects. OP isn't wanting a miracle so he can have faith, he wants one to save his child. I have similar wants. Still, I haven't heard any credible stories of modern Peters saying "arise and walk."

The best I can come up with is that miracles seem to have happened most around the time Christ and His apostles lived, both in the old world and in the new.

All we need to do is get Him to return and then maybe healings will return. But some of us need to increase our faith so Jesus will have a people to come to.

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

lemuel,
The best I can come up with is that miracles seem to have happened most around the time Christ and His apostles lived, both in the old world and in the new.
I guess to you, stuff like this doesn't count
July 22, 1839.—Joseph arose from his bed of sickness, and the power of God rested upon him. He commenced in his own house and door-yard, commanding the sick, in the name of Jesus Christ, to arise and be made whole, and they were healed according to his word. He then continued to travel from house to house from tent to tent upon the bank of the river, healing the sick as he went until he arrived at the upper stonehouse, where he crossed the river in a boat, accompanied by several of the Quorum of the Twelve, and landed in Montrose.

“He walked into the cabin where I was lying sick, and commanded me, in the name of Jesus Christ, to arise and be made whole. I arose and was healed, and followed him and the brethren of the Twelve into the house of Elijah Fordham, who was supposed to be dying, by his family and friends. Joseph stepped to his bedside, took him by the hand and commanded him, in the name of Jesus Christ, to arise and be made whole. His voice was as the voice of God. Brother Fordham instantly leaped from his bed, called for his clothing and followed us into the street.

https://www.lds.org/new-era/1971/03/jul ... r?lang=eng

Is the BOM true ?

Mormon 9:19
19 And if there were miracles wrought then, why has God ceased to be a God of miracles and yet be an unchangeable Being? And behold, I say unto you he changeth not; if so he would cease to be God; and he ceaseth not to be God, and is a God of miracles.
Regards,

George Clay

True
captain of 100

Post by True »

I almost want to say that 'no', miracles do not exist in this situation because it is very hard when miracles do not happen, especially when our own children are involved. But I know that they do and that there is always hope.

Here are two examples:
Last month, my next door neighbor's daughter had to be induced three weeks early because she had a huge kidney stone that had to be lasered and she was in extreme pain. Right before this happened, they discovered that the baby had a hole in his heart and would need almost immediate surgery. The day that she had the baby, her whole extended family was fasting and praying for her and the baby. The doctors took an ultrasound of the baby's heart and a little while later, took another one. The hole was a little bit smaller. They decided to wait a little bit longer to see what happened. Over the course of three hours, that hole completely closed shut. The doctors came and told them that they had seen a miracle with their own eyes.

This second example is a little different. My childhood best-friend's father was given the gift of healing in his patriarchal blessing and it was indeed a gift he possessed. His oldest son's first-born daughter was born with a defect in her heart and had to undergo surgery. My friend's brother asked his dad if he would give her a blessing. His father knew that he had the power to heal this child but he also knew that it was not the Lord's will for this to happen so he did not command her to be made whole. She died at 3 weeks old surrounded by aunts and uncles, parents and grandparents.

I think that it is this disparity that we are really talking about or are afraid to address. It's hard to tell someone that God is in control but he is. I am going to be praying for a miracle for you gradies21. I think that this has to be the absolute best use of this forum, to help, lift and pray for one another. I think that all those who stumble across this thread should consider expending some serious faith-filled spiritual effort in behalf of gradie's child. I know I will be.

dafty
captain of 100

Post by dafty »

gclayjr wrote: January 10th, 2018, 5:14 pm dafty,
You are starting to sound like one of the pharaohs advisers trying to explain the plagues(do you know what happened to him in the end? lol).
There is a clear difference between an incomprehensible miracle and a 'tender mercy'(
In your efforts to discredit me, your thinking has gone completely incomprehensible.

Which were the plagues - Tender Mercy or Miracle? What necromantic term did the Pharoah's advisors use to call them?

I at least started by referencing the definition of miracle, then made a cogent logical argument. I can't fathom what you are trying to say, except to slam me. If that is the best you have, then I know I am on solid ground.

Regards,

George Clay
Again, as per usual, you are a self proclaimed winner-well done mate. Make sure you pat yourself on the back and leave a comment below, so that you can have a last word as well...

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Can we do yourselves a favor? Write down all the miracles that have happened in your life, in your journal. Write down spiritual experiences. Write down answers to prayers, in their different forms.

As GC said, as Mormon said: no miracles is because of no faith.

But maybe it's not about "no miracles", but not the ones that WE WANT.

gradles21,
Have you prayed to find out why/ what to do? Have you gotten away from the mindset of Western medicine, and allowed it to include anything good (including, if you get your answer, Western medicine)?

Praying for you. It's got to be difficult.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

Today was a tender day. Being here in Utah I was able to watch live coverage about President Monson from our local news station. They covered an hour before the funeral, the funeral itself, the hour after and then there was a special about President Monson's life. (4 hours worth!) As I watched, and listened to the stories told, I couldn't help but think about miracles. You see our Church is led by a group of men many in their 80's. President Monson was 90, President Nelson is 93, Elder Oaks is 85, Elder Ballard is 89, President Hinckley lived to be 97 etc. I listened to how MUCH President Monson did, how much he served. He did have diabetes so with that comes a myriad of health issues that could put most down. Most people these ages are well into retirement and don't do much. But our leaders go, go, go.

HOW do they do it all? Simple... Miracles.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

I think you are looking in the wrong way at miracles. My wife is blind, she has been blind from birth. Now you might ask why has she not been blessed with the sort of miracle found in scriptures to gain her sight?

I would suggest that my wife doesn't need such a miracle because she is the recipient of many miracles, while less dramatic, have provided for her needs. Louis Braille invented the Braille system of reading and writing that permits my wife to be literate, to read and write no only words but math and music as well. A miracle. Guilly d'Herbemont, another Frenchman, developed to modern method of parapatology or independent navigation by the blind. Another miracle. Following the first world war the Germans developed systematic training of guild dogs for the blind formalizing a practice that dates to the 16th century. The fact that an animal with the intelligence and temperament to guild a blind person was placed upon the earth is to me a miracle. Today we have a host of technology that aid my wife in daily life and in interacting with her world on equal terms with others.All of this is to me a miracle.

My wife has cared for me, raise our children, run a business, lobbied lawmakers on behalf of the blind, traveled the world and so on. She has not been giving her sight, in part I believe because she has received the benefit of untold miracles which have given her the means to live a full and productive life. These miracles may not be as dramatic as the ones you look for but they are, in my mind, miracles none the less.

dafty
captain of 100

Post by dafty »

gkearney wrote: January 13th, 2018, 9:35 am I think you are looking in the wrong way at miracles. My wife is blind, she has been blind from birth. Now you might ask why has she not been blessed with the sort of miracle found in scriptures to gain her sight?

I would suggest that my wife doesn't need such a miracle because she is the recipient of many miracles, while less dramatic, have provided for her needs. Louis Braille invented the Braille system of reading and writing that permits my wife to be literate, to read and write no only words but math and music as well. A miracle. Guilly d'Herbemont, another Frenchman, developed to modern method of parapatology or independent navigation by the blind. Another miracle. Following the first world war the Germans developed systematic training of guild dogs for the blind formalizing a practice that dates to the 16th century. The fact that an animal with the intelligence and temperament to guild a blind person was placed upon the earth is to me a miracle. Today we have a host of technology that aid my wife in daily life and in interacting with her world on equal terms with others.All of this is to me a miracle.

My wife has cared for me, raise our children, run a business, lobbied lawmakers on behalf of the blind, traveled the world and so on. She has not been giving her sight, in part I believe because she has received the benefit of untold miracles which have given her the means to live a full and productive life. These miracles may not be as dramatic as the ones you look for but they are, in my mind, miracles none the less.
I totally agree with you and others of the same mindset(its a beautiful mindset by the way...). However, I would like to point out that whether Braille's alphabet or amazing machinery allowing us to dig up wells in dry places, none of these have anything to do with power of the priesthood. Most things invented are by people that do not even believe in God. I recently found out that American government paid the Japanese 2 million dollars for all the medical data they gathered, whilst torturing and experimenting on people in their war camps during WW2. Therefore, one may argue, that today's medicine is based, LARGELY, upon immoral practices. So again I think, theres a difference between enjoying and appreciating them little things in life and actually beholding a miracle wrought by the power of the Priesthood and in the name of CHRIST.

ebenezerarise
captain of 1,000

Post by ebenezerarise »

Death, dying, disease, illness and even accidents are a part of God's divine plan.

That being said, I know personally of great miracles regarding health. My Mother was "raised from the dead" -- she was gone and came back after being called to do so via a priesthood blessing. I saw it happen.

Our first instinct was to rejoice like the shepherds at the Nativity and make it known throughout all the land. But we were mocked and the event was dismissed by many as a miracle of modern medicine. What was sacred and joyous had become a thing of mockery and jeers.

So we have learned to keep sacred things sacred. Maybe that is one reason why you "don't hear" of miracles among the saints any more.

But I tell you they happen. But they happen in God's time and in God's way. And there are many, many, miracles that happen completely unassociated with health or dying.

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

dafty,
However, I would like to point out that whether Braille's alphabet or amazing machinery allowing us to dig up wells in dry places, none of these have anything to do with power of the priesthood.
God only performs miracles via priesthood or is there no priesthood involved with God bestowing knowledge upon men who are not members of the Church or hold the priesthood?

I find your statement completely illogical!

Regards,

George clay

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

In Braille’s case he lived before the restoration and so it seems silly to dismiss his accomplishments based on the lack of priesthood being at his disposal. The same applies to the use of dogs the Germans only formalized a long used practice making it more widely practiced.

dafty
captain of 100

Post by dafty »

gclayjr wrote: January 13th, 2018, 12:24 pm dafty,
However, I would like to point out that whether Braille's alphabet or amazing machinery allowing us to dig up wells in dry places, none of these have anything to do with power of the priesthood.
God only performs miracles via priesthood or is there no priesthood involved with God bestowing knowledge upon men who are not members of the Church or hold the priesthood?

Regards,

George clay
Yes you are right George, God did inspire the Japanese to torture children and woman so that 50 years later, amazing people around the world, can break the law of chastity, get std's and then get the appropriate medicine to deal with it quickly. 👏👏👏

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

dafty,
gclayjr wrote: ↑
Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:24 pm
dafty,

Regards,

George Clay
Yes you are right George, God did inspire the Japanese to torture children and woman so that 50 years later, amazing people around the world, can break the law of chastity, get std's and then get the appropriate medicine to deal with it quickly.
dafty in what world does what I say even remotely relate to your response? ... oh yea in your daffy world.

Don't you think you could take a better shot at me if you took a minute to actually think through a response that relates to my comment?

Just trying to help. If you want to show me to be an idiot, you have to look less like an idiot yourself/

... Just tryin' to help.

Regards,

George Clay

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

This was one of my favorite talks from this past GC. It was from Elder Hallstrom.

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... d?lang=eng

Has the Day of Miracles Ceased?

A year ago, on assignment in the state of California, I went with a stake president to visit with Clark and Holly Fales and their family in their home. I was told they recently had experienced a miracle. Upon our arrival, Clark struggled to stand and greet us as he was wearing a back brace, a neck brace, and braces on his arms.

Just over two months prior, Clark, his son Ty, and about 30 other young men and leaders set out on a stake high-adventure activity, hiking to the 14,180-foot (4,322 m) summit of Mount Shasta, one of the highest peaks in California. On the second day of the arduous hike, most of the climbers reached the summit—a thrilling accomplishment made possible because of months of preparation.

One of the first people to the top that day was Clark. After a brief rest near the edge of the summit, he stood and began to walk. As he did, he tripped and fell backward over the edge of a cliff, suffering a free fall of about 40 feet (12 m) and then an out-of-control tumble down the icy slope for another 300 feet (91 m). Remarkably, Clark survived, but he was severely injured and unable to move.

The miracles Clark experienced during this traumatic event were just beginning. Some of the first to reach him “happened” to be a group of hikers that included mountain rescue guides and emergency medical professionals. They immediately treated Clark for shock and provided gear to keep him warm. This group also “happened” to be testing a new communication device and sent an emergency request for help from an area where cell phones could not get a signal. A small helicopter was immediately dispatched to Mount Shasta from an hour away. After two dangerous but unsuccessful attempts to land at an altitude that pushed the limits of the aircraft, and struggling with treacherous wind conditions, the pilot began a third and final try. As the helicopter approached from a different angle, the winds “happened” to change and the aircraft landed just long enough for the group to quickly and painfully squeeze Clark into the small compartment behind the pilot’s seat.

When Clark was evaluated at a trauma center, tests revealed that he had sustained multiple fractures in his neck, back, ribs, and wrists; a punctured lung; and a multitude of cuts and abrasions. A renowned neurotrauma surgeon “happened” to be on duty that day; he is at this hospital only a few times a year. This doctor later stated that he had never seen anyone sustain so much damage to the spinal cord and carotid arteries and live. Clark was not only expected to live but to return to full function. Describing himself as agnostic, the surgeon said Clark’s case went against all his scientific learning about neurological injuries and could only be described as a miracle.

As Clark and Holly finished relating this intense account, I found it difficult to speak. It was not simply because of the obvious miracles, but because of a greater one. I had a profound impression—a spiritual witness—that Holly and each of the five beautiful children who sat in the living room around their parents have such faith that they could have accepted whatever the outcome might have been that day and they still would have spiritually prospered. Clark and Holly and their two oldest children, Ty and Porter, are with us today in the Conference Center.

In pondering the experience of the Fales family, I have thought much about the circumstances of so many others. What about the innumerable faith-filled, priesthood-blessing-receiving, unendingly-prayed-for, covenant-keeping, full-of-hope Latter-day Saints whose miracle never comes? At least in the way they understand a miracle. At least in the way that others appear to receive miracles.

What about those who suffer from profound afflictions—physically, mentally, emotionally—for years or for decades or for their entire mortal life? What about those who die so very young?

Just two months ago, two temple-recommend-holding married couples, with three full-time missionary children and five other children between them, took off in a small airplane for a short flight. I am confident they prayed for safety before the flight and prayed fervently when their aircraft encountered serious mechanical problems before crashing. None survived. What about them?

Do good people and their loved ones have reason to ask the question posed by Mormon: “Has the day of miracles ceased?”1

My limited knowledge cannot explain why sometimes there is divine intervention and other times there is not. But perhaps we lack an understanding of what constitutes a miracle.

Often we describe a miracle as being healed without a full explanation by medical science or as avoiding catastrophic danger by heeding a clear prompting. However, defining a miracle as “a beneficial event brought about through divine power that mortals do not understand” gives an expanded perspective into matters more eternal in nature. This definition also allows us to contemplate the vital role of faith in the receipt of a miracle.

Moroni taught, “Neither at any time hath any wrought miracles until after their faith.” Ammon proclaimed, “God has provided a means that man, through faith, might work mighty miracles.” The Lord revealed to Joseph Smith, “For I am God, … and I will show miracles … unto all those who believe on my name.”

King Nebuchadnezzar demanded that Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego worship the golden image he set up as a god, threatening, “If ye worship not, ye shall be cast … into the midst of a burning fiery furnace.” Then he taunted them with “Who is that God that shall deliver you out of my hands?”

These three devout disciples said: “If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace. … But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods.”

They possessed full confidence that God could save them, “but if not,” they had complete faith in His plan.

Similarly, Elder David A. Bednar once asked a young man who had requested a priesthood blessing, “If it is the will of our Heavenly Father that you are transferred by death in your youth to the spirit world to continue your ministry, do you have the faith to submit to His will and not be healed?” Do we have the faith “not [to] be healed” from our earthly afflictions so we might be healed eternally?

A critical question to ponder is “Where do we place our faith?” Is our faith focused on simply wanting to be relieved of pain and suffering, or is it firmly centered on God the Father and His holy plan and in Jesus the Christ and His Atonement? Faith in the Father and the Son allows us to understand and accept Their will as we prepare for eternity.

Today I testify of miracles. Being a child of God is a miracle. Receiving a body in His image and likeness is a miracle. The gift of a Savior is a miracle. The Atonement of Jesus Christ is a miracle. The potential for eternal life is a miracle.

While it is good to pray for and work for physical protection and healing during our mortal existence, our supreme focus should be on the spiritual miracles that are available to all of God’s children. No matter our ethnicity, no matter our nationality, no matter what we have done if we repent, no matter what may have been done to us—all of us have equal access to these miracles. We are living a miracle, and further miracles lie ahead. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Another good talk speaking of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego and their phrase "BUT IF NOT"... is the great one from April 2004 GC by Elder Dennis Simmons titled "But if not" https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... t?lang=eng

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

I think there is an actual distinction between miracles and the more subtle blessings which seem to come on a more day-to-day business. Not to diminish these tender mercies of course, I myself having received great strength and enlightenment from them over the years.

While I don't believe it to be the only factor involved, I've received revelations in times past that things such as miracles, visions, prophecies, etc. are the birthright of literal Israel. Quotes from Wilford Woodruff as well as teachings of Christ in 3 Nephi acted as springboards leading to this impression. While there is plenty of literal Israelite blood within the Church, I do believe God does, and has always distinguished between the Gentiles and Israel. Christians hold to Jesus' teachings to the scribes and clergy that ultimately blood descendancy will not ensure or disqualify anyone from salvation, and that the Jews erred in boasting their physical heritage. Yet their boasting wasn't wholly based on false doctrine or erroneous interpretation of scripture. For Jews, and other Israelites there are special priveleges that do in fact set them apart from the other families of the earth, miracles being one of them.

What initially led me to this revelation and conclusion was from my mission, having discussions with well-educated investigators who would pose questions like "Jesus commanded His disciples to go heal, raise the dead and perform miracles. Paul healed others, so did John and people would simply lay their afflicted in the shadow of Peter to be made whole. Why don't your apostles do any of that?", as well as the classic "Mormon prophets don't prophesy! Isaiah and Jeremiah would make detailed and specific prophecies which actually came true. All your leaders do is make the odd policy change when circumstances compel them."

I never condemned people for taking issue with this, as far as I was concerned there is a real descrepancy between what we read about in the scriptures and what we see here in modern times. I testify that the First Presidency and Quorum of the 12 are men of God and lead His Church by proper priesthood authority and revelation, but as another poster here so eloquently put it, it seems they more often lead by the "spirit of expediency", as opposed to the spirit of prophecy.

In the Bible and the Book of Mormon, there are many stories of great and miraculous works accomplished by priesthood power, all by trueborn Israelites. There are a few notable exceptions, mainly from this dispensation, yet from the days of Abraham down to the present-day, this has been the pattern. It also goes to show just how unique and significant Joseph Smith was.

I believe this pattern has a great significance in regards to the last days as well, when the "fullness of the Gentiles" is expired, and the priority shifts back once again to literal Israel just prior to the Second Coming. It will reinaugurate the day of the public and dramatic miracles, as well as special prophecy found in the scriptures. Isaiah prophesies that in the endtime the Lord shall make bare His arm. This has reference to the Davidic heir as many are aware, but also in terms of God's power being manifest plainly in the eyes of the world, primarily by means of this servant.

Hopefully no one here took my words to mean that I don't value tender mercies, or the small and simple blessings because I do. I'm simply contending that it is false to equate them with miracles, because they are different. My heart goes out to the OP, I pray that you and your family will find comfort and peace in the face of these awful challenges.

gradles21
captain of 1,000

Post by gradles21 »

abijah wrote: January 13th, 2018, 8:37 pm
While I don't believe it to be the only factor involved, I've received revelations in times past that things such as miracles, visions, prophecies, etc. are the birthright of literal Israel.
Seems to me that most members are of the house of Israel, lots of us are through the lineage of Ephraim. I do tend to agree with your overall conclusion, and I would be interested to see some of those quotes from Wilford Woodruff.

gradles21
captain of 1,000

Post by gradles21 »

JohnnyL wrote: January 12th, 2018, 12:10 pm gradles21,
Have you prayed to find out why/ what to do? Have you gotten away from the mindset of Western medicine, and allowed it to include anything good (including, if you get your answer, Western medicine)?
Hopefully you don't think I'm ignoring your question, I just don't know that I want to go this route on this forum. But in short, yes, absolutely.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

I’ve been reading the Plant Paradox, and Dr. Gundry does mention it helps with cancer.

It fits well with the Word of Wisdom, except wheat. White bread & rice may be ok, but he’s not real clear about that.

I have Barrett’s Esophagus which it’s cured, but my access to good food makes it very difficult to try.

Dr. Mercola just came out with first truly healthy snack bar, and I’ve ordered some of those. Ion pump inhibitors work for my condition, but may also cause other problems.

He’s cured numerous conditions and may be worth taking a look.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

gradles21 wrote: January 13th, 2018, 9:19 pm
JohnnyL wrote: January 12th, 2018, 12:10 pm gradles21,
Hopefully you don't think I'm ignoring your question, I just don't know that I want to go this route on this forum. But in short, yes, absolutely.
No problem, the questions were more for personal reflection anyway. :)

I could list a whole bunch of cancer "cures" that generally work much better than Western medicine, for example. Some are supplemental (DMSO, for example), some are basic things (baking soda, for example), energy healing (has cured me and others of candida, herpes, etc..), etc.

I would use muscle testing to find out what's going on (they can check environment, genetics, conditions, etc.), then muscle testing and herbs/ supplements to heal. Not only will it come out much, much cheaper, there will be a much better chance of success, especially permanently.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

There are lots of miraculous healings in the church, from 1820 on. Read the Diaries and Journals of early saints on boap.org (second line down on the homepage, I think). Read through all the Latter-day Voices articles in the Ensign (years of then online, they're great! I think they were called Mormon Journal in the earlier issues).

People don't talk about lots of them, for diverse reasons. Last year a guy's neck had been hurting for a while, tried everything. Tthen he got a blessing, and he said it already felt much better before he even walked out the room. Not something some people would record or think much about, but...

dafty
captain of 100

Post by dafty »

lol I dont know where to start...I had electrical issues with my BCM in my coupe. Anyway, its a common fault in this car type, however, Id have to travel long distance to the nearest car garage that specializes in repairing this issue. Between work and taking care of my little boy it would be nigh impossible to get it fixed any time soon. Long story short, I promised God I would give Him all the credit and post it here as a miracle if He fixes it. So I get off my knees, chuck my beanie hat on(freezing here in UK lol) go out to the car...Problem FIXED 😁.

True
captain of 100

Post by True »

The master mechanic! I love it. Thanks for sharing:)