Modern Day Miracles?

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: Modern Day Miracles?

Post by BeNotDeceived »

I’ve been reading the Plant Paradox, and Dr. Gundry does mention it helps with cancer.

It fits well with the Word of Wisdom, except wheat. White bread & rice may be ok, but he’s not real clear about that.

I have Barrett’s Esophagus which it’s cured, but my access to good food makes it very difficult to try.

Dr. Mercola just came out with first truly healthy snack bar, and I’ve ordered some of those. Ion pump inhibitors work for my condition, but may also cause other problems.

He’s cured numerous conditions and may be worth taking a look.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

gradles21 wrote: January 13th, 2018, 9:19 pm
JohnnyL wrote: January 12th, 2018, 12:10 pm gradles21,
Have you prayed to find out why/ what to do? Have you gotten away from the mindset of Western medicine, and allowed it to include anything good (including, if you get your answer, Western medicine)?
Hopefully you don't think I'm ignoring your question, I just don't know that I want to go this route on this forum. But in short, yes, absolutely.
No problem, the questions were more for personal reflection anyway. :)

I could list a whole bunch of cancer "cures" that generally work much better than Western medicine, for example. Some are supplemental (DMSO, for example), some are basic things (baking soda, for example), energy healing (has cured me and others of candida, herpes, etc..), etc.

I would use muscle testing to find out what's going on (they can check environment, genetics, conditions, etc.), then muscle testing and herbs/ supplements to heal. Not only will it come out much, much cheaper, there will be a much better chance of success, especially permanently.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

There are lots of miraculous healings in the church, from 1820 on. Read the Diaries and Journals of early saints on boap.org (second line down on the homepage, I think). Read through all the Latter-day Voices articles in the Ensign (years of then online, they're great! I think they were called Mormon Journal in the earlier issues).

People don't talk about lots of them, for diverse reasons. Last year a guy's neck had been hurting for a while, tried everything. Tthen he got a blessing, and he said it already felt much better before he even walked out the room. Not something some people would record or think much about, but...

dafty
captain of 100

Post by dafty »

lol I dont know where to start...I had electrical issues with my BCM in my coupe. Anyway, its a common fault in this car type, however, Id have to travel long distance to the nearest car garage that specializes in repairing this issue. Between work and taking care of my little boy it would be nigh impossible to get it fixed any time soon. Long story short, I promised God I would give Him all the credit and post it here as a miracle if He fixes it. So I get off my knees, chuck my beanie hat on(freezing here in UK lol) go out to the car...Problem FIXED 😁.

True
captain of 100

Post by True »

The master mechanic! I love it. Thanks for sharing:)

Kaarno
captain of 100

Post by Kaarno »

gradles21
captain of 1,000

Post by gradles21 »

Thanks for posting this, awesome talk.

Kaarno
captain of 100

Post by Kaarno »

I found it amazing. I reminded me of a time when a friend, who was and is still struggling with his faith, asked where all the miracle had gone. He meant it as a way to pit his knowledge, a masters degree, against faith. I told him just cause you could explain it with science doesn't make it less of a miracle. He scoffed at the idea. I wish I had heard this then. It lays out what I was thinking sooooo well.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

The real miracles are parents helping sick kids that will never recover. People that will endure through tribulations like Job and keep their faith. Joseph Smith had a bad leg and didn't complain about it. People like BY lost a wife and still had the courage to go on a mission even when his family was in trouble.

People lose their careers and jobs, and still don't get angry at the Lord. Young kids donating two years of their time to give to the Lord. When parents will be faithful to each other and never think of cheating on their spouse. People that stay temple worthy in a filthy world of darkness.

Those are the real miracles.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Kaarno wrote: January 25th, 2018, 10:14 pm I found it amazing. I reminded me of a time when a friend, who was and is still struggling with his faith, asked where all the miracle had gone. He meant it as a way to pit his knowledge, a masters degree, against faith. I told him just cause you could explain it with science doesn't make it less of a miracle. He scoffed at the idea. I wish I had heard this then. It lays out what I was thinking sooooo well.
Yeah, all miracles work by real science. It's the "real" part that is tricky.