When it Doesn't Happen

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: When it Doesn't Happen

Post by Sarah »

That's too bad about your female friends not doing the temple work. No easy answer for that except to share them with the temple. At least the female names are done quicker than the men. I had/have some men waiting almost three years when I share them with the temple. I too have a long list that needs to be done. Did one today so that felt great. But I really feel that getting those names into Family Search is just as important as doing the work. At least they are connected into a family in one of THE BOOKS.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Sarah wrote: January 6th, 2018, 10:13 pm That's too bad about your female friends not doing the temple work. No easy answer for that except to share them with the temple. At least the female names are done quicker than the men. I had/have some men waiting almost three years when I share them with the temple. I too have a long list that needs to be done. Did one today so that felt great. But I really feel that getting those names into Family Search is just as important as doing the work. At least they are connected into a family in one of THE BOOKS.
How long did it take for the female names to be done by the temple department? I shared names in October 2016 that haven't been done yet.

True
captain of 100

Post by True »

Two years or less for female names and 3 or more for male names.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Meili wrote: January 5th, 2018, 12:42 pm
brianj wrote: January 2nd, 2018, 10:35 pm Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

How do you reconcile this scripture when something that seems right, that feels desperately needed, and that you have been diligently fasting and praying for is not given?
Sometimes the reason we aren't getting the thing that we have asked for is because we won't receive it not because the Lord isn't offering it to us. Sometimes we can't find the thing we are seeking for because we won't see it not because it isn't there. Often we place conditions on God that prevent him from giving us what we need and want. The conditions are mostly subconscious so most people won't even realize they are there until they've undertaken a deep search within themselves, which is a very difficult and painful thing to do.

I've had great success lately by thinking deeply about what I can do to get the thing I feel I need. Though I may not have power to do everything necessary to receive it, I ask what I can do and do that. Then miracles occur.
YES, YES, YES! So many times you see the answer so clearly, but they can't/ don't/ don't want to. We dismiss things when they are the answer. We sometimes hate things that are the answer. But it's the answer! Sometimes it's just not time yet. Sometimes it takes courage to do, and courage to not do. Sometimes it's such a huge stretch of our belief system, it's going to rip, and most people cannot deal with that. Sometimes we have been so brainwashed it's scary (except to the brainwashed, lol). Sometimes it's just right in front of our noses, and we hadn't considered it, and it's so obvious when we see it, we don't understand how we missed it.