"He chased me..."

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

"He chased me..."

Post by marc »

Beautiful testimony.

diligently seeking
captain of 1,000

Re: "He chased me..."

Post by diligently seeking »

D&C 10

65 For, behold, I will gather them as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, if they will not harden their hearts;
66 Yea, if they will come, they may, and partake of the waters of life freely.
67 Behold, this is my doctrine—whosoever repenteth and cometh unto me, the same is my church.
68 Whosoever declareth more or less than this, the same is not of me, but is against me; therefore he is not of my church.
69 And now, behold, whosoever is of my church, and endureth of my church to the end, him will I establish upon my rock, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against them.
70 And now, remember the words of him who is the life and light of the world, your Redeemer, your Lord and your God. Amen.

True
captain of 100

Post by True »

I loved it, thank you for posting. If you liked that, you would probably really like a book I just read called The Cross and the Switchblade by David Wilkerson. It is a true story of God caring for and saving the lost of the lost. They are important to him and he knows and seeks after them.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

That is awesome!!!

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

Thanks, marc. What a beautiful testimony. I can relate to his feelings of wasted years chasing meaningless goals. So sad, but it shows that God never gives up on us. If He can save two people living in such rebellion against Him, He'd do it for anyone. I take much hope from this.

I especially appreciate how he plans to keep his tattoos as proof of where he came from. Proof of his descent, so that the other "lost" can follow him out of the darkness, too.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

You know...his story is on his skin. Most of us have similar stories, though we keep them private. We are all sinners in need of Christ's grace, especially me.

capctr
captain of 100

Post by capctr »

marc wrote: January 20th, 2018, 9:06 am You know...his story is on his skin. Most of us have similar stories, though we keep them private. We are all sinners in need of Christ's grace, especially me.
...like Maui??
Interesting. It’d be kind of hard to forget your past sins/repentance, if it is there to always remind you. Aren’t the prophets often exhorting us to remember

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

Another beautiful scripture I was thinking about recently. And it seems especially beautiful to me when comparing itself to the world, when we think of the world nobody does anything to help anyone unless they pay up. For 20 bucks someone can read your fortune. For 10 bucks you can get your milk and bread. And in today's world the one that sold you that bread is trying to think of a way to 'reposess it' again so he can resell it again, or REPO it even after taking your money! How fallen is our world!

Yet we have such treasures of scriptures. These treasures are more apparent when comparing them against the false ideas of the world.

Oh and without realizing it, I happened to find a Dallin H Oaks talk on accident. It was purely accident I tell you ;)

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... n?lang=eng

https://www.lds.org/liahona/2007/04/he- ... t?lang=eng

Matthew 11:28
New Testament
¶Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

2 Nephi 26:25
Book of Mormon
Behold, doth he cry unto any, saying: Depart from me? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; but he saith: Come unto me all ye ends of the earth, buy milk and honey, without money and without price.

JST, Psalms 24:7
Joseph Smith Translation
Lift up your heads, O ye generations of Jacob; and be ye lifted up; and the Lord strong and mighty; the Lord mighty in battle, who is the king of glory, shall establish you forever. (That being lifted up by the Savior is real! He lifts us up like the man he fell among thieves and was saved by the Samaritan.)

The words of the Savior are beautiful.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

True
captain of 100

Post by True »

So incredible!

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

What's up my dudes? I love this guy's exuberance!

True
captain of 100

Post by True »

I needed that! I love how he is a personal God. I wonder how he’ll greet me:). I need the Ultimate Problem Solver! I loved that sooo much.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

True wrote: April 12th, 2018, 1:46 pm I needed that! I love how he is a personal God. I wonder how he’ll greet me:). I need the Ultimate Problem Solver! I loved that sooo much.
I believe that He knows each of us SO intimately that we will be able to relate to Him perfectly because He relates to us perfectly.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Thanks, Marc. That was awesome!

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.

12 How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?

13 And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

39 And this is the Father’s will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

True
captain of 100

Post by True »

marc wrote: February 17th, 2019, 3:29 pm
Love this one!! You can see that it truly happened to him. I love that God loves the humblest of people without reserve. I have felt this same love for me.

True
captain of 100

Post by True »

This one reminds me of you Marc, because of your love of the homeless and rejected. Fantastic testimony of how God can change your desires and baptize you with the Holy Spirit.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Alexander
the Great
Location: amongst the brotherhood of the Black Robed Regiment; cocked hat and cocked rifle

Post by Alexander »

marc wrote: February 26th, 2020, 6:23 pm
I watched this video a few weeks ago. It’s so awesome

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »