Did the poles melt during the great flood?

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Did the poles melt during the great flood?

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Fiannan wrote: September 20th, 2016, 7:42 am
Ribble wrote:I believe that Cain wasn't the only one cursed. He was involved in a conspiracy to kill his brother. It was the first secret combination. So, perhaps the whole cabal was cursed to walk the earth. Thus we see Bigfoot sightings around the world.
Glad we have finally established that Noah's Flood did not cover the entire earth then.

He's a big hairy dude that could easily survive the Arctic conditions. :idea:

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Did the poles melt during the great flood?

Post by Robin Hood »

In my view there were no frozen poles before the flood.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

Robin Hood wrote: December 29th, 2017, 2:50 am In my view there were no frozen poles before the flood.
I agree with Robin.

This web site explains the position I take on the conditions of a pre-flood Earth.

http://biblicaldiscipleship.org/content ... ur-mystery

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

For the majority of the earth history there has been on ice on the poles.
The earth was completely covered by water during the Noah flood, very many scriptures refer to the earth baptism of water and in the end baptism of fire. Don't come with all this only symbolic nonsense.

Bigfoot is ridiculous - people have covered the entire world very many times - there is no environment where people have not been - no bones or any evidence has ever been recovered or sighted it is like UFO nonsense.

What is up with the flood of lies and wierd of false doctrine on this forum - a sign of the times that people have given themselves over to witchcraft.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

I don't think there's much you can use scripturally to answer this question.

Except one thing...

The scriptures quote people living so long that they were almost immortal. You can reference Genesis and the Pearl of Great Price for reference. But I think this suggests, but DOES NOT prove that 'the Fall of Adam was progressive and maybe still cascading down the ecosystems of the Earth. For this reason it's possible species of animals and plant life possibly behaved a bit different or might have even looked different in size or so on. This may possibly could include your idea of either Ice forming or ice melting at the poles, or maybe no ice there before.

But one other thing comes to mind to reference. When you think about it most of us fell into the trap of thinking our world map now. Yet in the Old Testament it references '...in the days of Peleg before the Earth was divided..." Peleg lived after the flood and around the time of the building of the Tower of Babel. So the confusion of tongues and the separating of the continents happened around the same time roughly.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

David W. Patten and “Cain”

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Spaced_Out wrote: December 29th, 2017, 5:12 pm For the majority of the earth history there has been on ice on the poles.
The earth was completely covered by water during the Noah flood, very many scriptures refer to the earth baptism of water and in the end baptism of fire. Don't come with all this only symbolic nonsense.

Bigfoot is ridiculous - people have covered the entire world very many times - there is no environment where people have not been - no bones or any evidence has ever been recovered or sighted it is like UFO nonsense.

What is up with the flood of lies and wierd of false doctrine on this forum - a sign of the times that people have given themselves over to witchcraft.
Spencer W. Kimball, Miracle of Forgiveness, (SLC: Bookcraft, 1969), 127–128 wrote: On the sad character of Cain, an interesting story comes to us from Lycurgus A. Wilson’s book on the life of David W. Patten. From the book I quote an extract from a letter by Abraham O. Smoot giving his recollection of David Patten’s account of meeting “a very remarkable person who had represented himself as being Cain.”

As I was riding along the road on my mule I suddenly noticed a very strange person walking beside me.... His head was about even with my shoulders as I sat in my saddle. He wore no clothing, but was covered with hair. His skin was very dark. I asked him where he dwelt and he replied that he had no home, that he was a wanderer in the earth and traveled to and fro. He said he was a very miserable creature, that he had earnestly sought death during his sojourn upon the earth, but that he could not die, and his mission was to destroy the souls of men. About the time he expressed himself thus, I rebuked him in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by virtue of the Holy Priesthood, and commanded him to go hence, and he immediately departed out of my sight....
Ice is a covering of frozen water, in agreement with a literal interpretation, and an effective baptism.

He can't die, so there wouldn't be any bones to be found. The northern most parts of Canada prolly sees very few visitors, and would likely have at least a few caves where he could remain hidden.

If he can't die, maybe he doesn't need to eat :?:

mcusick
captain of 100

Post by mcusick »

Cain died, probably long before the flood. God's curse on Cain says he [Cain] could be killed. Not immortal.

Also, the Loch Ness monster is Cain. <---- True Interpretation. You Bigfoot-Cainites are now confounded: "that which had not been told them shall they see; and that which they had not heard shall they consider" (Isaiah 52:15).

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Spaced_Out wrote: December 29th, 2017, 5:12 pm For the majority of the earth history there has been on ice on the poles.

I completely missed the connection between "the flood of lies and weird of false doctrine" and witchcraft.

"People have covered the entire world very many times"?? Lol. Hardly, space-wise or time-wise.

And yet, UFO's are seen by multiple witnesses and filmed.