Multiple Mortal Probations Article

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Multiple Mortal Probations Article

Post by Silver »

alaris wrote: January 22nd, 2018, 2:06 pm As a general comment to anyone still reading this thread, Multiple Mortal Probations is of the meat variety rather than milk. Obviously this article is not intended for the investigator or worse - those who bound to the adversary by the "we have enough" path, for the investigator is at least seeking in humility. This article is intended for those whose combination of humility, study and prayer have led them to conclude there is one path to exaltation for all of us and who are looking for another saint's perspective on this topic. There have been many illuminating comments by others who believe in this principle - that there is but one path to exaltation, and not two, so thank you all who have weathered the storm and have shared your thoughts and testimony.

http://lordoftheseraphim.blogspot.com/2 ... tions.html

I have been prompted to engage with those who have been lead down the "we have enough" path until they are stuck in contention, condemnation, and to the inability to invite anyone to pray over this principle. Though this has been humorous to watch, the truth is those who have attempted to silence me and others through insults, angry faces, condemnation, and fear by attacking anyone who chimes in are bound to the adversary--a sad reality. The fruits of the adversary are clear to see in those who clearly can't help themselves. The refusals to invite others to pray on this matter is a sad display of those chains detailed in Alma 12:10-11. The fact there are saints who clearly embrace this truth along with all the words of the prophets and apostles and the scriptures that reinforce this truth should be witness enough to go to God with your own questions in humility. That is the open invitation I leave to all as we learn in James 1:5, D&C 9, and Moroni 10:3-5.

If I were in error and if my words were promoting heresy, then would there be a need to condemn me and others page by page? Lies cease to exist the moment people stop believing them, and the Spirit of Truth is all that is needed to discern truth from lie.
John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
“The things of God are of deep import; and time, and experience, and careful and ponderous and solemn thoughts can only find them out.”
— Joseph Smith Jr.
Or you can trust those who say prayer is a waste of time by the spirit of contention through condemnation, insults, and anger.
More evidence above of how alaris is unable to comprehend the truth.

alaris, if you brag about being humble, you are not.

alaris, it is you who is stuck in the rut of contention. Why can't you see that this thread would die a well-deserved death if you would simply give up your heresy?

alaris, we have told you that we prayed to God and that we know your MMP nonsense is false. You should stop lying about us.

alaris, one more question, for the children, whom do you like more Julie Rowe or Denver Snuffer?

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

alaris wrote: January 22nd, 2018, 8:16 am Answering your first question is easy. Prayer is "over" everything you've mentioned. There is literally nothing your Priesthood leaders can say that you can't get on your knees and pray and get a testimony of yourself. This includes all the scriptures and words of the prophets that support MMP.

And that's hilarious you mentioning the evil one who teaches a man not to pray given the pages and pages of invitations to prayer in this thread have been me alone (including answering your question above which is yet another disinvitation to prayer) whereas you and others have called prayer a waste of time; so nice try there. The contention, anger (along with angry faces), and condemnation have also been extremely one sided. Humility is the answer here, but it doesn't cure a man from not praying - it is the cure that leads to prayer. It is the cure for contention and name-calling. It is the cure from the concluding it's somehow our job to hop online and condemn other people. And, it is the cure for posting angry faces! :) :) :)
It is about humbling yourself and accepting the teachings of those authorised to teach the gospel and becoming one in Christ with his anointed ones on earth. If you are not one you are not mine. Your teachings are not one but go against lDS known truths.

It is not about gaining a testimony on MMP it is about a testimony of scripture, the Resurrection, the atonement and eternal life after death. There are volumes of scripture and teachings from LDS prophets on the topic - once one has a testimony of these things - one has a sure knowledge that MMP doctrine is false. God does not reveal teachings that are contradictory that would make God a liar and the entire plan of salvation false.

If someone comes and teaches that Allah is the one true god - do you humble yourself on your knees and pry about it. Yeah if you are praying to Satan you will get an answer. The scriptures teach God will not be mocked in the last days. To pray about MMP when one has a sure knowledge of the resurrection and having seen these things in vision that is is an inseparable connection between spirit and body - and having read the prophets teach the same doctrine in line with scripture.

alaris - you teach a doctrine not inline with scripture not inline with LDS teachings, not inline with temple ordinances - is like getting on your knees and and praying should I follow Satan. You have looked beyond the mark and ask for mysteries and the very plain things of the gospel have been taken from you to your condemnation. It the HG who inspires our prayers - the Spirit of truth will not allow a man to pray over such a thing as MMP. But will answer prays if we are inline with the LDS prophets and scripture.

64 Whatsoever ye ask the Father in my name it shall be given unto you, that is expedient for you;
65 And if ye ask anything that is not expedient for you, it shall turn unto your condemnation.

2 Nephi 4:35
35 Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh. Yea, my God will give me, if I bask not amiss; therefore I will lift up my voice unto thee; yea, I will cry unto thee, my God, the rock of my righteousness. Behold, my voice shall forever ascend up unto thee, my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen.

35 Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh. Yea, my God will give me, if I ask not amiss; therefore I will lift up my voice unto thee; yea, I will cry unto thee, my God, the rock of my righteousness. Behold, my voice shall forever ascend up unto thee, my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen.

We pray to the Father in Christ’s name (John 14:13–14; 16:23–24). We are truly able to pray in Christ’s name when our wishes are the wishes of Christ (John 15:7; D&C 46:30). We then ask for things that are right and thus possible for God to grant (3 Ne. 18:20). Some prayers remain unanswered because they in no way represent Christ’s desire but spring instead out of the selfishness of man (James 4:3; D&C 46:9). Indeed, if we ask God for unrighteous things, it will turn to our condemnation (D&C 88:65).

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

alaris wrote: January 22nd, 2018, 2:06 pm I have been prompted to engage with those who have been lead down the "we have enough" path until they are stuck in contention, condemnation, and to the inability to invite anyone to pray over this principle. Though this has been humorous to watch, the truth is those who have attempted to silence me and others through insults, angry faces, condemnation, and fear by attacking anyone who chimes in are bound to the adversary--a sad reality. The fruits of the adversary are clear to see in those who clearly can't help themselves. The refusals to invite others to pray on this matter is a sad display of those chains detailed in Alma 12:10-11. The fact there are saints who clearly embrace this truth along with all the words of the prophets and apostles and the scriptures that reinforce this truth should be witness enough to go to God with your own questions in humility. That is the open invitation I leave to all as we learn in James 1:5, D&C 9, and Moroni 10:3-5.
God has prompted you to teach a doctrine different to that of the LDS prophets - you worship and pray to a false God, the only people who support you are known ant-LDS and those who stone the prophets and you revel in their fellowship.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Spaced_Out wrote: January 22nd, 2018, 3:10 pm
alaris wrote: January 22nd, 2018, 2:06 pm I have been prompted to engage with those who have been lead down the "we have enough" path until they are stuck in contention, condemnation, and to the inability to invite anyone to pray over this principle. Though this has been humorous to watch, the truth is those who have attempted to silence me and others through insults, angry faces, condemnation, and fear by attacking anyone who chimes in are bound to the adversary--a sad reality. The fruits of the adversary are clear to see in those who clearly can't help themselves. The refusals to invite others to pray on this matter is a sad display of those chains detailed in Alma 12:10-11. The fact there are saints who clearly embrace this truth along with all the words of the prophets and apostles and the scriptures that reinforce this truth should be witness enough to go to God with your own questions in humility. That is the open invitation I leave to all as we learn in James 1:5, D&C 9, and Moroni 10:3-5.
God has prompted you to teach a doctrine different to that of the LDS prophets - you worship and pray to a false God, the only people who support you are known ant-LDS and those who stone the prophets and you revel in their fellowship.
Well that last statement is a lie and easily demonstrated in this thread - and I don't think I convinced a single one of them of MMP - they discovered the truth all on their own. So to say they support me is yet another layer of dishonesty.

I think we've already demonstrated the spirit with which you've enlisted, but thank you for underscoring.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Spaced_Out wrote: January 22nd, 2018, 3:05 pm 64 Whatsoever ye ask the Father in my name it shall be given unto you, that is expedient for you;
65 And if ye ask anything that is not expedient for you, it shall turn unto your condemnation.
This is a hilarious attempt to both scare people away from praying about this and to justify this spirit of "do not pray" Spaced_Out has promulgated! Spaced_Out would have you be afraid to ask whether something is true because if you should know better than you are condemned!

Obviously that's not what the Lord meant here. Here is the definition of "expedient:"

Expedient
Appropriate to a purpose.
https://www.wordnik.com/words/expedient

So is it appropriate to ask whether something is true? Of course it is. What may be something inappropriate to ask for? Well here are some examples:
  • Sin
  • Justification of Sin
  • Avoidance of Repentance
  • Asking whether something is true - oops not that
  • etc.
James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

alaris wrote: January 22nd, 2018, 3:14 pm
Spaced_Out wrote: January 22nd, 2018, 3:10 pm
Well that last statement is a lie and easily demonstrated in this thread - and I don't think I convinced a single one of them of MMP - they discovered the truth all on their own. So to say they support me is yet another layer of dishonesty.

I think we've already demonstrated the spirit with which you've enlisted, but thank you for underscoring.
You are deceived, no they did not discover the false doctrine on their own. It has been taught and published - by ant-LDS for very many decades -all those who have proposed this doctrine have ended up out of the LDS Church. Look at any anit-Mormon teachings online and you will find very many teachings on MMP. Look in the true church and you will find non - I previously listed a number of recent talks by apostles on the subject - you reject them but accept LDS apostate tachings with open arms.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

alaris wrote: January 22nd, 2018, 3:20 pm
Spaced_Out wrote: January 22nd, 2018, 3:05 pm 64 Whatsoever ye ask the Father in my name it shall be given unto you, that is expedient for you;
This is a hilarious attempt to both scare people away from praying about this and to justify this spirit of "do not pray" Spaced_Out has promulgated! Spaced_Out would have you be afraid to ask whether something is true because if you should know better than you are condemned!

Obviously that's not what the Lord meant here. Here is the definition of "expedient:"

Expedient
Appropriate to a purpose.
https://www.wordnik.com/words/expedient

So is it appropriate to ask whether something is true? Of course it is. What may be something inappropriate to ask for? Well here are some examples:
  • Sin
  • Justification of Sin
  • Avoidance of Repentance
  • Asking whether something is true - oops not that
  • etc.
James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
Yes do indeed read the words of the Apostle's and the scriptures they teach on the subject and get a sure knowledge of the principle of one mortal probation.
Do not read alaris anti-LDS doctrine - go to the source of truth first then one will know with a sure knowledge concerning the principle of one mortal probation.

If one starts a study on a gospel subject and starts reading writings from those not authorised to speak and establish doctrine - the person will be lead down crocked paths to hell...

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Alright Spaced_Out. I came to the conclusion of MMP on my own as did others, so that's just yet another misstatement we can add to your list. I would be happy to share how I came to the conclusion, though the logic train I present in my article really captures that process that many undergo when they seek out the mysteries rather than attempt to stop others from discovering them through seeking, pondering, and prayer.

This has been a very interesting exercise, but I am looking forward to engaging in productive discussions. I am sorry this engagement has angered you, but I submit to you that I am not the source of the anger but that spirit that leads you to justify your contentious behavior and your scaring people away from prayer.

I'll leave you with an invitation to pray along with a few scriptures to underscore the invitation. You are being led by the ears to kick against the pricks and fight against God and his truth.
Moroni 7:48 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen.
Mosiah 4:2 And they had viewed themselves in their own carnal state, even less than the dust of the earth. And they all cried aloud with one voice, saying: O have mercy, and apply the atoning blood of Christ that we may receive forgiveness of our sins, and our hearts may be purified; for we believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who created heaven and earth, and all things; who shall come down among the children of men
Alma 36:18 Now, as my mind caught hold upon this thought, I cried within my heart: O Jesus, thou Son of God, have mercy on me, who am in the gall of bitterness, and am encircled about by the everlasting chains of death.
19 And now, behold, when I thought this, I could remember my pains no more; yea, I was harrowed up by the memory of my sins no more.
20 And oh, what joy, and what marvelous light I did behold; yea, my soul was filled with joy as exceeding as was my pain!
Alma 34:38 That ye contend no more against the Holy Ghost, but that ye receive it, and take upon you the name of Christ; that ye humble yourselves even to the dust, and worship God, in whatsoever place ye may be in, in spirit and in truth; and that ye live in thanksgiving daily, for the many mercies and blessings which he doth bestow upon you.
39 Yea, and I also exhort you, my brethren, that ye be watchful unto prayer continually, that ye may not be led away by the temptations of the devil, that he may not overpower you, that ye may not become his subjects at the last day; for behold, he rewardeth you no good thing.
40 And now my beloved brethren, I would exhort you to have patience, and that ye bear with all manner of afflictions; that ye do not revile against those who do cast you out because of your exceeding poverty, lest ye become sinners like unto them;
41 But that ye have patience, and bear with those afflictions, with a firm hope that ye shall one day rest from all your afflictions.
I do not condemn you brother but invite you to cast away that spirit who teaches man not to pray and to follow the words of the prophets above - you will receive that joy and gladness that has been missing in your life as is evidenced by the spirit of your posts.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

alaris wrote: January 22nd, 2018, 2:06 pm As a general comment to anyone still reading this thread, Multiple Mortal Probations is of the meat variety rather than milk. heresy.
Fixed that for the lurkers. No that is not what alaris said or believes, but I corrected the information. MMP is NOT a doctrine of the LDS church or a part of the Gospel. Heretics may spew what they want, but it has been shown conclusively that MMP is heresy to the LDS church.

Obviously this article is not intended for the investigator or worse - those who bound to the adversary by the "we have enough" path, for the investigator is at least seeking in humility.
As you can see, alaris attempts to belittle anyone who does not agree with his heresy. He makes up statements about what the opponents of heresy believe. There is no humility in alaris. None.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

Hear are some basic doctrine for alaris so he can get on the right path.

Baptism is symbolic of the death burial and resurrection of Christ - if we repent we become like Him and are raise with the same resurrection as Him never to taste death again and get eternal life as we are dead to sin..

1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

alaris wrote: January 22nd, 2018, 3:31 pm Alright Spaced_Out. I came to the conclusion of MMP on my own as did others, so that's just yet another misstatement we can add to your list.

This has been a very interesting exercise, but I am looking forward to engaging in productive discussions. I am sorry this engagement has angered you, but I submit to you that I am not the source of the anger but that spirit that leads you to justify your contentious behavior and your scaring people away from prayer.

I'll leave you with an invitation to pray along with a few scriptures to underscore the invitation. You are being led by the ears to kick against the pricks and fight against God and his truth.

I do not condemn you brother but invite you to cast away that spirit who teaches man not to pray and to follow the words of the prophets above - you will receive that joy and gladness that has been missing in your life as is evidenced by the spirit of your posts.
Anger is a God given ability and needs to be used wisely - you have such a very poor understanding of the basic principles of the gospel.
We need to be angry with those that teach false doctrine. I have personally felt the anger of the Lord - the Mater can indeed be angry and convey that feeling. Stop preaching lies and people will stop getting angry with you..

Doctrine and Covenants 109:30-31
30 And that all their works may be brought to naught, and be swept away by the hail, and by the judgments which thou wilt send upon them in thine anger, that there may be an end to lyings and slanders against thy people.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Spaced_Out wrote: January 22nd, 2018, 3:57 pm
alaris wrote: January 22nd, 2018, 3:31 pm Alright Spaced_Out. I came to the conclusion of MMP on my own as did others, so that's just yet another misstatement we can add to your list.

Anger is a God given ability and needs to be used wisely - you have such a very poor understanding of the basic principles of the gospel.
We need to be angry with those that teach false doctrine. I have personally felt the anger of the Lord - the Mater can indeed be angry and convey that feeling. Stop preaching lies and people will stop getting angry with you..

Doctrine and Covenants 109:30-31
30 And that all their works may be brought to naught, and be swept away by the hail, and by the judgments which thou wilt send upon them in thine anger, that there may be an end to lyings and slanders against thy people.
I have a poor understanding of the gospel? D&C 109:30-31 is from a prayer to appeal to the Lord for His justice and anger - not a justification of their own anger and condemnation. Here is a lesson in the basic Gospel of Jesus Christ - the Sermon on the Mount:
Matthew 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
Both the JST and the Lord's teaching from the most correct book on Earth omit "without a cause:"
3 Nephi 12:22 But I say unto you, that whosoever is angry with his brother shall be in danger of his judgment. And whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council; and whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
Again the scriptures reinforce the truth of this thread. You've at least admitted you are angry. Recognition is the first step, and you'll need to recognize that this anger is a problem.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

alaris wrote: January 22nd, 2018, 4:33 pm I have a poor understanding of the gospel? D&C 109:30-31 is from a prayer to appeal to the Lord for His justice and anger - not a justification of their own anger and condemnation. Here is a lesson in the basic Gospel of Jesus Christ - the Sermon on the Mount:
Matthew 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
Both the JST and the Lord's teaching from the most correct book on Earth omit "without a cause:"
3 Nephi 12:22 But I say unto you, that whosoever is angry with his brother shall be in danger of his judgment. And whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council; and whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
Again the scriptures reinforce the truth of this thread. You've at least admitted you are angry. Recognition is the first step, and you'll need to recognize that this anger is a problem.
No at aghast at the arrogance and false teachings and blatant denial of the gospel. Anger against those that have a better knowledge but purposefully teach false doctrine and pervert the teachings of Christ - those angry faces were against a very badly and purposefully deceitful interpretation of the prophet - claiming false teachings from the prophet.
Alma 46:11 And now it came to pass that when Moroni, who was the chief commander of the armies of the Nephites, had heard of these dissensions, he was angry with Amalickiah.
12 And it came to pass that he rent his coat; and he took a piece thereof, and wrote upon it—In memory of our God, our religion, and freedom, and our peace, our wives, and our children—and he fastened it upon the end of a pole.
13 And he fastened on his head-plate, and his breastplate, and his shields, and girded on his armor about his loins; and he took the pole, which had on the end thereof his rent coat, (and he called it the title of liberty) and he bowed himself to the earth, and he prayed mightily unto his God for the blessings of liberty to rest upon his brethren, so long as there should a band of Christians remain to possess the land—
14 For thus were all the true believers of Christ, who belonged to the church of God, called by those who did not belong to the church.
I stand with Moroni a defender of the faith, angry with those that decent. Yes your understanding of anger is poor - as always you use scripture out of context. This is out of context of this thread and alas I think you are a lost case you have no desire to heed the counsel of the prophets but continue in your arrogance - teaching that which is contrary to the gospel.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Spaced_Out wrote: January 22nd, 2018, 4:57 pm
alaris wrote: January 22nd, 2018, 4:33 pm I have a poor understanding of the gospel? D&C 109:30-31 is from a prayer to appeal to the Lord for His justice and anger - not a justification of their own anger and condemnation. Here is a lesson in the basic Gospel of Jesus Christ - the Sermon on the Mount:
No at aghast at the arrogance and false teachings and blatant denial of the gospel. Anger against those that have a better knowledge but purposefully teach false doctrine and pervert the teachings of Christ - those angry faces were against a very badly and purposefully deceitful interpretation of the prophet - claiming false teachings from the prophet.
Alma 46:11 And now it came to pass that when Moroni, who was the chief commander of the armies of the Nephites, had heard of these dissensions, he was angry with Amalickiah.
12 And it came to pass that he rent his coat; and he took a piece thereof, and wrote upon it—In memory of our God, our religion, and freedom, and our peace, our wives, and our children—and he fastened it upon the end of a pole.
13 And he fastened on his head-plate, and his breastplate, and his shields, and girded on his armor about his loins; and he took the pole, which had on the end thereof his rent coat, (and he called it the title of liberty) and he bowed himself to the earth, and he prayed mightily unto his God for the blessings of liberty to rest upon his brethren, so long as there should a band of Christians remain to possess the land—
14 For thus were all the true believers of Christ, who belonged to the church of God, called by those who did not belong to the church.
I stand with Moroni a defender of the faith, angry with those that decent. Yes your understanding of anger is poor - as always you use scripture out of context. This is out of context of this thread and alas I think you are a lost case you have no desire to heed the counsel of the prophets but continue in your arrogance - teaching that which is contrary to the gospel.
Sure Spaced_Out. It's me that's twisting everything to justify my wrath .. no wait I'm not upset. Your continued attempts to incite me to stoop to your level of writhing anger have not yet succeeded nor will they. For the truth is comfortable all on its own and does not need angry advocates to just be.

I'm bemused by just how plain and obvious the spirit of the adversary has to be by nature for your attempts to stifle the truth would have been better had you incorporated more of the fruits of the spirit, but you cannot serve God and Mammon. It's an impossibility. This is why you've hysterically attempted to use fear to scare people away from praying about MMP. Not only do not pray, but you should be afraid to pray about truth. LOL! If Captain Moroni were standing next to you, I think you'd be surprised where his Chuch Norris glare would be leveled - actually no, I take that back. You know you have been deceived for you cannot be neck deep in this filth and be completely unaware of the spirit that has you bound in chains. This is why you are so angry. You are bound in chains + I point it out = Anger. Simple. Here's another scripture in context:
1 Nephi 16:2 And it came to pass that I said unto them that I knew that I had spoken hard things against the wicked, according to the truth; and the righteous have I justified, and testified that they should be lifted up at the last day; wherefore, the guilty taketh the truth to be hard, for it cutteth them to the very center.
Edit: I will offer another attempt to disengage you now Spaced_Out. I'm sorry you're angry, though for what it's worth I am grateful for this extremely illuminating display of the spirit of contention. You can continue to accuse me falsely and revile me but it is God who will judge me and who will judge you. I only ask that you pray in humility and seek his mind and will rather than your own.

Alaris
Last edited by Alaris on January 22nd, 2018, 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

alaris wrote: January 22nd, 2018, 6:19 pm
Spaced_Out wrote: January 22nd, 2018, 4:57 pm
Sure Spaced_Out. It's me that's twisting everything to justify my wrath .. no wait I'm not upset. Your continued attempts to incite me to stoop to your level of writhing anger have not yet succeeded nor will they. For the truth is comfortable all on its own and does not need angry advocates to just be.

I'm bemused by just how plain and obvious the spirit of the adversary has to be by nature for your attempts to stifle the truth would have been better had you incorporated more of the fruits of the spirit, but you cannot serve God and Mammon. It's an impossibility. This is why you've hysterically attempted to use fear to scare people away from praying about MMP. Not only do not pray, but you should be afraid to pray about truth. LOL! If Captain Moroni were standing next to you, I think you'd be surprised where his Chuch Norris glare would be leveled - actually no, I take that back. You know you have been deceived for you cannot be neck deep in this filth and be completely unaware of the spirit that has you bound in chains. This is why you are so angry. You are bound in chains + I point it out = Anger. Simple. Here's another scripture in context:
1 Nephi 16:2 And it came to pass that I said unto them that I knew that I had spoken hard things against the wicked, according to the truth; and the righteous have I justified, and testified that they should be lifted up at the last day; wherefore, the guilty taketh the truth to be hard, for it cutteth them to the very center.
Edit: I will offer another attempt to disengage you now Spaced_Out. I'm sorry you're angry, though for what it's worth I am grateful for this extremely illuminating display of the spirit of contention. You can continue to accuse me falsely and revile me but it is God who will judge me and who will judge you. I only ask that you pray in humility and seek his mind and will rather your own.

Alaris
I hope you maintain that spirit of I am right everybody else is wrong when you church membership comes into the balance for teaching heresy and leading the people astray.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Can somebody please tell me why alaris won't answer the very simple question of whom he likes more, Julie Rowe or Denver Snuffer? If I'm left to guess on my own, I'm going with Denver Snuffer. In fact, maybe alaris is Snuffer, posting under an alaris, I mean, alias.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Wheat = true followers of Jesus and the prophets and, importantly, their teachings
Tares = those who for a while pretend that they are faithful members of the Church while actually planning and committing rebellion against God

All one needs to do to figure out which of those two terms best describe alaris is to go back and read his earliest posts. He admits that he's returned from an excommunication but writes openly of his disgust with his leaders. Does that sound like a humble person to you? More importantly, does that sound like a man to whom God would give a radically different revelation like Multiple Mortality Probation?

The prophets do not teach Multiple Mortality Probation. So alaris may pretend that he received a revelation about it but that heresy is, by definition, something coming from a tare.

Have you noticed that alaris' posts have become snarkier and snarkier while insisting that we pray about his heresy? Do the words "unrighteous dominion" mean anything to y'all? Who was going to force us to be good? Remember Satan promised to provide preachers for Adam and Eve that taught the philosophies of man, mingled with scripture. We have been forced to defend against the heresies of alaris for 22 pages now and he accuses us of being contentious. What a joke. It must be opposite month on LDSFF.

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

Spaced_Out wrote: January 22nd, 2018, 3:05 pm that Allah is the one true god
I believe that.

Allah, hebrew transl. ---> El, Elah, Elohim

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

Silver wrote: January 22nd, 2018, 8:11 pm Wheat = true followers of Jesus and the prophets and, importantly, their teachings
Tares = those who for a while pretend that they are faithful members of the Church while actually planning and committing rebellion against God

All one needs to do to figure out which of those two terms best describe alaris is to go back and read his earliest posts. He admits that he's returned from an excommunication but writes openly of his disgust with his leaders. Does that sound like a humble person to you? More importantly, does that sound like a man to whom God would give a radically different revelation like Multiple Mortality Probation?
How alaris can still pretend that his teachings on MMP or "Davitic servant/strong and mighty one" are actually LDS teachings just more meat or detailed doctrine, is astonishing beyond all belief.

No one can preach MMP without being ether anti-Mormon (stirring up trouble for the fun of it, keeps the thread going to have a good laugh). Or one who genuinely believes they are teaching LDS doctrine - which after all the quotes given by the prophets on the subject!! they must be suffering from some extreme form of psychiatric disorder. I suppose a third option is that there is both an issue with having a psychiatric disorder and being anti-Mormon.

thaabit
captain of 100

Post by thaabit »

After having read a number of comments in this thread, I just want to say that I know Alaris personally and he's a genuine Mormon and seeker of truth. Yes, he's my friend and I'm biased. But your fallacious arguments to try to disparage his character are overstated and expose more of your own tendencies to dismiss and belittle. Many others have talked about the DS and MMP who are faithful, active latter-day saints (including Joseph Smith as well). Of course these ideas, true or not, haven't been openly taught in GC. Of course his bishop prob wouldn't even know what he was talking about if he presented it to him. But he's not trying to get a following and staking his membership on this. He's simply researching ideas and presenting his results for others to discuss. And trying to lump him in with Julie Rowe and/or Denver Snuffer is ridiculous. In the case of Julie Rowe, the last I knew she was still a faithful member, even though the church has disavowed her opinions as her own and not the church's. He has made no claim to the type of revelation that they proclaim, rather made some doctrinal assertions with evidence from the scriptures and words of the prophets. The canon isn't sealed, the sealed portion hasn't been revealed--what currently untaught doctrine might it contain? My experience in the church has shown me there are those who believe the canon is closed, that no major doctrine will ever be revealed again, that we have the the fulness of truth. I submit that this is false as evidenced by the scriptures themselves proclaiming an open canon (refer to all scriptures about the sealed portion).

Now, on MMPs:
MMP may be true or false, there is definitely evidence both ways, and I don't see how you can't remain a faithful member while deliberating both possibilities. It does make a lot of sense logically, but not everything is logical. This whole notion of we're here to "get a body" so it can be resurrected isn't scriptural, at least that I've discovered. What of children who die in childbirth? Is their eternal fate sealed by that mere act? If they proved faithful prior to coming here, how did they do that? Was it in a mortal probation or something else? When JS said it would be a great while before we learned our exaltation after this life, what is the manner in which we learn that? If God can embody our spirit once, why couldn't he do it a second time? If MMP is true, why wouldn't it be taught openly? Well, maybe it's best for ppl not to know who might just decide to give up on this probation and wait for another :) What's the point of the veil? Why do we need to forget? Could it be that it helps our progression when we think this is all we got? Many of the truths we have received were when we found things that didn't add up and asked about them. There's so much we don't know. I personally want to know, and I seek out these things. But I root myself in the gospel first, and then venture into the darkness a bit. As JS said, we are not condemned for believing too much, but we *are* condemned for disbelief.

In the end, I'm not trying to pick a fight. I just want to say Alaris is a good dude and a faithful member.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

thaabit wrote: January 25th, 2018, 12:05 am After having read a number of comments in this thread, I just want to say that I know Alaris personally and he's a genuine Mormon and seeker of truth. Yes, he's my friend and I'm biased. But your fallacious arguments to try to disparage his character are overstated and expose more of your own tendencies to dismiss and belittle. Many others have talked about the DS and MMP who are faithful, active latter-day saints (including Joseph Smith as well). Of course these ideas, true or not, haven't been openly taught in GC. Of course his bishop prob wouldn't even know what he was talking about if he presented it to him. But he's not trying to get a following and staking his membership on this. He's simply researching ideas and presenting his results for others to discuss. And trying to lump him in with Julie Rowe and/or Denver Snuffer is ridiculous. In the case of Julie Rowe, the last I knew she was still a faithful member, even though the church has disavowed her opinions as her own and not the church's. He has made no claim to the type of revelation that they proclaim, rather made some doctrinal assertions with evidence from the scriptures and words of the prophets. The canon isn't sealed, the sealed portion hasn't been revealed--what currently untaught doctrine might it contain? My experience in the church has shown me there are those who believe the canon is closed, that no major doctrine will ever be revealed again, that we have the the fulness of truth. I submit that this is false as evidenced by the scriptures themselves proclaiming an open canon (refer to all scriptures about the sealed portion).

Now, on MMPs:
MMP may be true or false, there is definitely evidence both ways, and I don't see how you can't remain a faithful member while deliberating both possibilities. It does make a lot of sense logically, but not everything is logical. This whole notion of we're here to "get a body" so it can be resurrected isn't scriptural, at least that I've discovered. What of children who die in childbirth? Is their eternal fate sealed by that mere act? If they proved faithful prior to coming here, how did they do that? Was it in a mortal probation or something else? When JS said it would be a great while before we learned our exaltation after this life, what is the manner in which we learn that? If God can embody our spirit once, why couldn't he do it a second time? If MMP is true, why wouldn't it be taught openly? Well, maybe it's best for ppl not to know who might just decide to give up on this probation and wait for another :) What's the point of the veil? Why do we need to forget? Could it be that it helps our progression when we think this is all we got? Many of the truths we have received were when we found things that didn't add up and asked about them. There's so much we don't know. I personally want to know, and I seek out these things. But I root myself in the gospel first, and then venture into the darkness a bit. As JS said, we are not condemned for believing too much, but we *are* condemned for disbelief.

In the end, I'm not trying to pick a fight. I just want to say Alaris is a good dude and a faithful member.
Open/closed canon? Show us a post by any of us who know that MMP is heresy that claimed the heavens are closed and there will be no more revelation. I specifically quoted the 9th Article of Faith (We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.) and commented that I look forward to new revelations. However, I am secure in the knowledge that those new revelations will not come via a heretic like alaris.

You know all about Julie Rowe and Denver Snuffer, do you? How convenient. A Julie Rowe sock puppet was on here just a few days ago talking about MMP. Guilty by association.

Thanks for playing, thaabit, but you lose. Don't worry; we have some lovely parting gifts for you backstage.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Name?
Silver wrote: January 25th, 2018, 5:22 am A Julie Rowe sock puppet was on here just a few days ago talking about MMP.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Elizabeth wrote: January 25th, 2018, 5:31 am Name?
Silver wrote: January 25th, 2018, 5:22 am A Julie Rowe sock puppet was on here just a few days ago talking about MMP.
Hello, Elizabeth,
The name is Emwhisman. She posted here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=47419&start=60#p830618

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

Many imbibe [conceive] the idea that they are capable of leading out in teaching principles that never have been taught. They are not aware that the moment they give way to this hallucination the Devil has power over them to lead them onto unholy ground; though this is a lesson which they ought to have learned long ago, yet it is one that was learned by but few in the days of Joseph (DBY, 77–78).