Multiple Mortal Probations Article

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Re: Multiple Mortal Probations Article

Post by Spaced_Out »

alaris wrote: January 21st, 2018, 1:21 pm 8 And he that will contend against the word of the Lord, let him be accursed;and he that shall deny these things, let him be accursed; for unto them will I show no greater things, saith Jesus Christ; for I am he who speaketh.
This is not in line with teachings of the Prophets and Apostles, your deception and fraud is plain to see. You have polluted the word of God and not kept it clean. You blatantly deny the words of the Apostles and teachings of the LDS church on many subjects like one probation, resurrection, saved by Christ - and those that follow you will be possessed by devils and let them be accused. You truly fight against the word of God and His anointed servants and teach dark paths a deceiver and blasphemer - to destroy the children of men and do the work of Satan...
Uchtdorf - there is only one mortal probation.
The Time to Prepare
Joseph B. Wirthlin
Of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... e?lang=eng
This is the day of our mortal probation. We might compare our eternal journey to a race of three laps around the track. We have completed the first lap successfully and have made wonderful progress. We have started on the second lap. Can you imagine a world-class runner stopping along the track at this point to pick flowers or chase a rabbit that crossed his path? Yet this is what we are doing when we occupy our time with worldly pursuits that do not move us closer to the third lap toward eternal life, the greatest of all the gifts of God.9
By Elder Paul V. Johnson
Of the Seventy. https://www.lds.org/liahona/2016/05/sun ... country=au
After resurrection, the spirit will never again be separated from the body because the Savior’s Resurrection brought total victory over death. In order to obtain our eternal destiny, we need to have this immortal soul—a spirit and body—united forever. With spirit and immortal body inseparably connected, we can “receive a fulness of joy.”7 In fact, without the Resurrection we could never receive a fulness of joy but would be miserable forever.8 Even faithful, righteous people view the separation of their bodies from their spirits as captivity. We are released from this captivity through the Resurrection, which is redemption from the bands or chains of death.9 There is no salvation without both our spirit and our body.
D&C1:37 Search these commandments, for they are true and faithful, and the prophecies and promises which are in them shall all be fulfilled.
Alma 11:45
45 Now, behold, I have spoken unto you concerning the death of the mortal body, and also concerning the resurrection of the mortal body. I say unto you that this mortal body is raised to an immortal body, that is from death, even from the first death unto life, that they can die no more; their spirits uniting with their bodies, never to be divided; thus the whole becoming spiritual and immortal, that they can no more see corruption.
38 What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same.
Last edited by Spaced_Out on January 21st, 2018, 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Spaced_Out wrote: January 21st, 2018, 2:01 pm
alaris wrote: January 21st, 2018, 1:21 pm 8 And he that will contend against the word of the Lord, let him be accursed;and he that shall deny these things, let him be accursed; for unto them will I show no greater things, saith Jesus Christ; for I am he who speaketh.
This is not in line with teachings of the Prophets and Apostles, your deception and fraud is plain to see. You have polluted the word of God and not kept it clean. You blatantly deny the words of the Apostles and teachings of the LDS church on many subjects like one probation, resurrection, saved by Christ - and those that follow you will be possessed by devils and let them be accused. You truly fight against the word of God and His anointed servants and teach dark paths a deceiver and blasphemer - to destroy the children of men and do the work of Satan...
Urfdorf - there is only one mortal probation.
The Time to Prepare
Joseph B. Wirthlin
Of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... e?lang=eng
This is the day of our mortal probation. We might compare our eternal journey to a race of three laps around the track. We have completed the first lap successfully and have made wonderful progress. We have started on the second lap. Can you imagine a world-class runner stopping along the track at this point to pick flowers or chase a rabbit that crossed his path? Yet this is what we are doing when we occupy our time with worldly pursuits that do not move us closer to the third lap toward eternal life, the greatest of all the gifts of God.9
By Elder Paul V. Johnson
Of the Seventy. https://www.lds.org/liahona/2016/05/sun ... country=au
After resurrection, the spirit will never again be separated from the body because the Savior’s Resurrection brought total victory over death. In order to obtain our eternal destiny, we need to have this immortal soul—a spirit and body—united forever. With spirit and immortal body inseparably connected, we can “receive a fulness of joy.”7 In fact, without the Resurrection we could never receive a fulness of joy but would be miserable forever.8 Even faithful, righteous people view the separation of their bodies from their spirits as captivity. We are released from this captivity through the Resurrection, which is redemption from the bands or chains of death.9 There is no salvation without both our spirit and our body.
D&C1:37 Search these commandments, for they are true and faithful, and the prophecies and promises which are in them shall all be fulfilled.
Alma 11:45
45 Now, behold, I have spoken unto you concerning the death of the mortal body, and also concerning the resurrection of the mortal body. I say unto you that this mortal body is raised to an immortal body, that is from death, even from the first death unto life, that they can die no more; their spirits uniting with their bodies, never to be divided; thus the whole becoming spiritual and immortal, that they can no more see corruption.
38 What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same.
But take Spaced_Out's word for it. Because he knows - no need to pray. ;)

Of course you cannot invite others to pray - the same spirit that takes control after the "we have enough" attitude takes hold is the same spirit that teaches us not to pray. So of course, you cannot say "pray about it ladies and gentlemen" when speaking by the same spirit that leads to contention, hardness of heart, and blindness of mind.
Spaced_Out wrote: January 21st, 2018, 2:01 pmUrfdorf - there is only one mortal probation.
lol :D :)

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

alaris wrote: January 21st, 2018, 2:14 pm
Of course you cannot invite others to pray - the same spirit that takes control after the "we have enough" attitude takes hold is the same spirit that teaches us not to pray. So of course, you cannot say "pray about it ladies and gentlemen" when speaking by the same spirit that leads to contention, hardness of heart, and blindness of mind.
Booo hooo is that the best you can do - Must I now pray if Joseph B. Wirthlin, By Elder Paul V. Johnson, Alma 11:45, Uchtdorf words are false and they are deceiving us I have had many answers to these issues and seen visions - your post is nothing but lies that are very plain and simple. You make yourself to be a teacher and above the prophets of the restoration, and spew unending false doctrine. .

The only ones that need to pray are those that don't have a testimony of the restoration and the Book of Mormon.

janderich
captain of 100

Post by janderich »

By the way, whose Urfdorf? When I say it out loud it reminds me of the sound a dog might make.

Sorry Spaced_Out couldn't resist. ;)

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

janderich wrote: January 21st, 2018, 7:56 pm
By the way, whose Urfdorf? When I say it out loud it reminds me of the sound a dog might make.

Sorry Spaced_Out couldn't resist. ;)
You need to pray for guidance as he is the mighty and strong one that will bring down judgement on all my enemies. You need to fear and tremble and humble yourself in dust and ash-cloth the werewolf dog will get you.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

So wait a second, I need to pray to know if MMP is true? Like Julie Rowe did? And Denver Snuffer did? Where did they get their inspiration? Remember the old expression, "You are known by the company you keep."? That certainly applies in this current discussion of the heretical teaching of MMP.

Since the earliest days of the Church and even before the founding in 1830, Satan combined his forces against Joseph and the Saints. It's no surprise that Satan continues to use false doctrine to bind souls to himself. Satan has many followers who never received a body. For most of the time, it is a matter of out of sight, out of mind. Unfortunately, there are many who kept their first estate and are now among us teaching falsehood. It is harder to ignore them.

And now it came to pass there came a man among us named alaris. alaris is teaching falsehood. Even when he is plainly shown that what he is teaching is false, he continues to teach the MMP heresy. As President Monson explained, we are free to make choices, but we are not free to choose the consequences that result from those choices.

Another great Sabbath day for me. Another outpouring of the Spirit that the Plan of Salvation is true. And I'm certain that now is the time to prepare to meet God. I must make the most of this opportunity and knowledge and testimony.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Spaced_Out wrote: January 21st, 2018, 6:59 pm
Booo hooo is that the best you can do - Must I now pray if Joseph B. Wirthlin, By Elder Paul V. Johnson, Alma 11:45, Uchtdorf words are false and they are deceiving us I have had many answers to these issues and seen visions - your post is nothing but lies that are very plain and simple. You make yourself to be a teacher and above the prophets of the restoration, and spew unending false doctrine. .

The only ones that need to pray are those that don't have a testimony of the restoration and the Book of Mormon.
And then no praying after that! Lol :)

So once you have a testimony of the restoration and Book of Mormon, would you say .. we have enough? This is seriously a caricature 2 Nephi 28 and Alma 12:
2 Nephi 28:27 Yea, wo be unto him that saith: We have received, and we need no more!
28 And in fine, wo unto all those who tremble, and are angry because of the truth of God! For behold, he that is built upon the rock receiveth it with gladness; and he that is built upon a sandy foundation trembleth lest he shall fall.
29 Wo be unto him that shall say: We have received the word of God, and we need no more of the word of God, for we have enough!
30 For behold, thus saith the Lord God: I will give unto the children of men line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my counsel, for they shall learn wisdom; for unto him that receiveth I will give more; and from them that shall say, We have enough, from them shall be taken away even that which they have.
Alma 12:9 And now Alma began to expound these things unto him, saying: It is given unto many to know the mysteries of God; nevertheless they are laid under a strict command that they shall not impart only according to the portion of his word which he doth grant unto the children of men, according to the heed and diligence which they give unto him.
10 And therefore, he that will harden his heart, the same receiveth the lesser portion of the word; and he that will not harden his heart, to him is given the greater portion of the word, until it is given unto him to know the mysteries of God until he know them in full.
11 And they that will harden their hearts, to them is given the lesser portion of the word until they know nothing concerning his mysteries; and then they are taken captive by the devil, and led by his will down to destruction. Now this is what is meant by the chains of hell.
Last edited by Alaris on January 21st, 2018, 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

When you consider that 15 of the best men on Earth gifted us with their testimony of Jesus in a magnificent document called The Living Christ, we ought to give heed.

Simultaneously recognizing their indebtedness to the Savior and to the Prophet of the Restoration, they include a few verses from Section 76 of the Doctrine and Covenants:
22 And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives!

23 For we saw him, even on the right hand of God; and we heard the voice bearing record that he is the Only Begotten of the Father—

The apostles close their testimony with a strong witness of the role of Christ and His relationship to us while we are in this mortal experience and in the next life:

We bear testimony, as His duly ordained Apostles—that Jesus is the Living Christ, the immortal Son of God. He is the great King Immanuel, who stands today on the right hand of His Father. He is the light, the life, and the hope of the world. His way is the path that leads to happiness in this life and eternal life in the world to come.

This is truth which gives us hope. Christ gives us happiness in this world and in the next. It is solemn mockery before God to pretend that the work of salvation which Heavenly Father ordained and which Jesus Christ Himself accomplished is not effective as the heretics falsely claim.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

What a powerful witness The Book of Mormon is. My nightly reading found me in Alma 27. Such courage.

27 And they were among the people of Nephi, and also numbered among the people who were of the church of God. And they were also distinguished for their zeal towards God, and also towards men; for they were perfectly honest and upright in all things; and they were firm in the faith of Christ, even unto the end.

28 And they did look upon shedding the blood of their brethren with the greatest abhorrence; and they never could be prevailed upon to take up arms against their brethren; and they never did look upon death with any degree of terror, for their hope and views of Christ and the resurrection; therefore, death was swallowed up to them by the victory of Christ over it.

29 Therefore, they would suffer death in the most aggravating and distressing manner which could be inflicted by their brethren, before they would take the sword or cimeter to smite them.

30 And thus they were a zealous and beloved people, a highly favored people of the Lord.

Also in Alma we read that now is the time to prepare to meet God. Here's an example of a people who converted to the Lord fully, and not just those who died without lifting their weapons of war. The wives of those men had to carry on after their husbands died. How did they do? Fantastic as we see in the strength of their sons who fought with Alma. True conversion secured their place in the Father's kingdom.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Truth from Elder Dallin H. Oaks in the most recent conference:

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... n?lang=eng

God created this earth according to His plan to provide His spirit children a place to experience mortality as a necessary step toward the glories He desires for all His children. While there are various kingdoms and glories, our Heavenly Father’s ultimate desire for His children is what President Monson called “eternal life in the kingdom of God,” which is exaltation in families. This is more than salvation. President Russell M. Nelson has reminded us, “In God’s eternal plan, salvation is an individual matter; [but] exaltation is a family matter.”2

The restored gospel of Jesus Christ and the inspired family proclamation, which I will discuss later, are essential teachings to guide mortal preparation for exaltation. Even as we must live with the marriage laws and other traditions of a declining world, those who strive for exaltation must make personal choices in family life according to the Lord’s way whenever that differs from the world’s way.

In this mortal life, we have no memory of what preceded our birth, and we now experience opposition. We grow and mature spiritually by choosing to obey God’s commandments in a succession of right choices. These include covenants and ordinances and repentance when our choices are wrong. In contrast, if we lack faith in God’s plan and are disobedient to or deliberately refrain from its required actions, we forgo that growth and maturity. The Book of Mormon teaches, “This life is the time for men to prepare to meet God” (Alma 34:32).

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

alaris wrote: January 21st, 2018, 9:09 pm

How is your prayer over the talks by Joseph B. Wirthlin, By Elder Paul V. Johnson, Alma 11:45, Uchtdorf that I referenced. Do you gain a testimony that they are General Authorities of the church duly ordained by common consent and according to procedure and have a right to preach the gospel and dictate the teachings and doctrine of Christ.

If you have not received such a testimony then you must humble yourself in ashes and sackcloth and gain a testimony and repent of your evil teachings - for the evil one teaches a man not to pray and reject the words of God's anointed ones.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Here are some inspired words from the last conference from President Uchtdorf. Notice how he had the perfect opportunity to say, "Don't worry, my brothers and sisters, if you don't make it back to heaven after this mortal experience, because you will repeat mortality many times before you make it to your final reward." However, he didn't. None of the prophets have ever said anything remotely close to that. Because MMP is false.

Only mentally ill people and apostates would make such a claim as that -- people like Julie Rowe and Denver Snuffer. So anyone on LDSFF who claims to have received a revelation about MMP must first explain how they ended up in the same leaky canoe with Rowe and Snuffer. Then MMP supporters must deny any association with Rowe and Snuffer. Finally, the MMP heretics must tap dance their way out of their unfortunate position of teaching doctrine that is in conflict with the divine Plan of Salvation and the ongoing teachings of our prophets.

We might also note with sadness that new doctrine comes in a prescribed manner, and never through anonymous people on the Internet.

Here's President Uchtdorf:
"No one else is responsible for your personal journey. The Savior will help you and prepare the way before you, but the commitment to follow Him and keep His commandments must come from you. That is your sole burden, your sole privilege.

This is your great adventure.

Please heed the call of your Savior.

Follow Him.

The Lord has established The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to help you in this commitment to serve God and fellowmen. Its purpose is to encourage, teach, lift, and inspire. This wonderful Church provides opportunities for you to exercise compassion, reach out to others, and renew and keep sacred covenants. It is designed to bless your life and improve your home, community, and nation.

Come, join with us and trust the Lord. Lend your talents to His wonderful work. Reach out, encourage, heal, and support all who desire to feel and heed the yearning for our supernal home. Let us join together in this glorious pilgrimage to heavenly climes.

The gospel is a transcendent message of hope, happiness, and joy. It is the pathway that leads us home.

As we embrace the gospel in faith and deed, each day and every hour, we will draw a little closer to our God. Our lives will be better, and the Lord will use us in remarkable ways to bless those around us and bring about His eternal purposes. Of this I testify and leave you my blessing in the sacred name of Jesus Christ, amen." (close quote)

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... e?lang=eng

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Spaced_Out wrote: January 21st, 2018, 11:23 pm

How is your prayer over the talks by Joseph B. Wirthlin, By Elder Paul V. Johnson, Alma 11:45, Uchtdorf that I referenced. Do you gain a testimony that they are General Authorities of the church duly ordained by common consent and according to procedure and have a right to preach the gospel and dictate the teachings and doctrine of Christ.

If you have not received such a testimony then you must humble yourself in ashes and sackcloth and gain a testimony and repent of your evil teachings - for the evil one teaches a man not to pray and reject the words of God's anointed ones.
Answering your first question is easy. Prayer is "over" everything you've mentioned. There is literally nothing your Priesthood leaders can say that you can't get on your knees and pray and get a testimony of yourself. This includes all the scriptures and words of the prophets that support MMP.

And that's hilarious you mentioning the evil one who teaches a man not to pray given the pages and pages of invitations to prayer in this thread have been me alone (including answering your question above which is yet another disinvitation to prayer) whereas you and others have called prayer a waste of time; so nice try there. The contention, anger (along with angry faces), and condemnation have also been extremely one sided. Humility is the answer here, but it doesn't cure a man from not praying - it is the cure that leads to prayer. It is the cure for contention and name-calling. It is the cure from the concluding it's somehow our job to hop online and condemn other people. And, it is the cure for posting angry faces! :) :) :)

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

alaris wrote: January 22nd, 2018, 8:16 am
Spaced_Out wrote: January 21st, 2018, 11:23 pm

Answering your first question is easy. Prayer is "over" everything you've mentioned. There is literally nothing your Priesthood leaders can say that you can't get on your knees and pray and get a testimony of yourself. This includes all the scriptures and words of the prophets that support MMP.

And that's hilarious you mentioning the evil one who teaches a man not to pray given the pages and pages of invitations to prayer in this thread have been me alone (including answering your question above which is yet another disinvitation to prayer) whereas you and others have called prayer a waste of time; so nice try there. The contention, anger (along with angry faces), and condemnation have also been extremely one sided. Humility is the answer here, but it doesn't cure a man from not praying - it is the cure that leads to prayer. It is the cure for contention and name-calling. It is the cure from the concluding it's somehow our job to hop online and condemn other people. And, it is the cure for posting angry faces! :) :) :)
Want to make the contention and angry faces go away?
1. Stop posting heresy as if it were fact.
2. Realize that anonymous people who try to promote heresy as Church doctrine aren't taken seriously.
3. Realize that you're in league with Julie Rowe and Denver Snuffer and change your life.
4. Go see your bishop.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

I've prayed about MMP, the HG testified to me that it is heresy. My exposure to this damnable philosophy goes back into the 80's when I was first exposed to the idea. I studied it then and learned through the HG that it was false doctrine. I've rechecked that fact recently. The answer has not changed. It is a heretical idea that is not a part of the LDS doctrine, or the Gospel. It is heresy.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

mirkwood wrote: January 22nd, 2018, 10:57 am I've prayed about MMP, the HG testified to me that it is heresy. My exposure to this damnable philosophy goes back into the 80's when I was first exposed to the idea. I studied it then and learned through the HG that it was false doctrine. I've rechecked that fact recently. The answer has not changed. It is a heretical idea that is not a part of the LDS doctrine, or the Gospel. It is heresy.
Thanks mirkwood. That's all I ask is you pray about it, but take note you will not know unless you've studied it out and prayed in humility willing to be wrong to know what is right. Joseph Smith struggled to teach the saints higher truths because it conflicted with their false traditions & false conclusions. He said this six months before his martyrdom:
“I have tried for a number of years to get the minds of the Saints prepared to receive the things of God; but we frequently see some of them, after suffering all they have for the work of God, will fly to pieces like glass as soon as anything comes that is contrary to their traditions: they cannot stand the fire at all. How many will be able to abide a celestial law, and go through and receive their exaltation, I am unable to say, as many are called, but few are chosen”
I've stated my case, and you've ... chimed in as well with your thoughts. You feel it's heresy. I know it's true. I don't ask anyone to take my word for it - do you trust, as I do, that people can get their own answer without us intervening on behalf of the Lord and His Spirit offering both judgement and answers unsought? Because I haven't seen a single naysayer in this thread invite anyone to prayer. In fact, you're the only naysayer who has said he has prayed about it - thank you for that by the way - so will you join me in inviting others to pray? Or will you tell them to trust your answer and that prayer is a waste of time like the other naysayers have?

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

alaris wrote: January 22nd, 2018, 11:20 am

Thanks mirkwood. That's all I ask is you pray about it, but take note you will not know unless you've studied it out and prayed in humility willing to be wrong to know what is right. Joseph Smith struggled to teach the saints higher truths because it conflicted with their false traditions & false conclusions. He said this six months before his martyrdom:
Condescend much?

I've stated my case, and you've ... chimed in as well with your thoughts. You feel it's heresy. I know it's true. I don't ask anyone to take my word for it - do you trust, as I do, that people can get their own answer without us intervening on behalf of the Lord and His Spirit offering both judgement and answers unsought? Because I haven't seen a single naysayer in this thread invite anyone to prayer. In fact, you're the only naysayer who has said he has prayed about it - thank you for that by the way - so will you join me in inviting others to pray? Or will you tell them to trust your answer and that prayer is a waste of time like the other naysayers have?
I've already said at least once, possibly twice that I have done so.

Others have already shown why it is heresy. I don't need to add anything else to what they have said. The answer is plain to see. The one thing you do have correct is confirmation through prayer. BTDT. Your belief is heresy, but you are free to believe whatever you want. You are not free to teach non LDS philosophy and try to say it is LDS doctrine. You are incorrect in your belief and it is heresy, and damnable, to teach false doctrine.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

mirkwood wrote: January 22nd, 2018, 10:57 am I've prayed about MMP, the HG testified to me that it is heresy. My exposure to this damnable philosophy goes back into the 80's when I was first exposed to the idea. I studied it then and learned through the HG that it was false doctrine. I've rechecked that fact recently. The answer has not changed. It is a heretical idea that is not a part of the LDS doctrine, or the Gospel. It is heresy.
“I have tried for a number of years to get the minds of the Saints prepared to receive the things of God; but we frequently see some of them, after suffering all they have for the work of God, will fly to pieces like glass as soon as anything comes that is contrary to their traditions: they cannot stand the fire at all. How many will be able to abide a celestial law, and go through and receive their exaltation, I am unable to say, as many are called, but few are chosen”
Hey, mirkwood, since alaris has perfected the way he ignores me in this current (and only) mortal probation of his, ask him why he's preaching the same heresy as Julie Rowe and Denver Snuffer.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

mirkwood wrote: January 22nd, 2018, 11:43 am

Condescend much?

I've already said at least once, possibly twice that I have done so.

Others have already shown why it is heresy. I don't need to add anything else to what they have said. The answer is plain to see. The one thing you do have correct is confirmation through prayer. BTDT. Your belief is heresy, but you are free to believe whatever you want. You are not free to teach non LDS philosophy and try to say it is LDS doctrine. You are incorrect in your belief and it is heresy, and damnable, to teach false doctrine.
I'll take that as a "no" then. I am completely unsurprised. Only someone who hasn't humbled themselves in prayer would take such an invitation as condescending. The man who has already prayed in humility and submission to the Father - willing to be wrong to know what is true - would not be offended by such an invitation.

It's amazing how simple these truths are. Those who say "we have enough" embark on a path until they are bound to that same spirit that can't invite others to pray.
Alma 12:10 And therefore, he that will harden his heart, the same receiveth the lesser portion of the word; and he that will not harden his heart, to him is given the greater portion of the word, until it is given unto him to know the mysteries of God until he know them in full.
11 And they that will harden their hearts, to them is given the lesser portion of the word until they know nothing concerning his mysteries; and then they are taken captive by the devil, and led by his will down to destruction. Now this is what is meant by the chains of hell.
Prove me wrong and invite the passerby in this thread to pray on this ... if you can.
2 Nephi 32:8 And now, my beloved brethren, I perceive that ye ponder still in your hearts; and it grieveth me that I must speak concerning this thing. For if ye would hearken unto the Spirit which teacheth a man to pray, ye would know that ye must pray; for the evil spirit teacheth not a man to pray, but teacheth him that he must not pray.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

alaris wrote: January 22nd, 2018, 11:56 am
Prove me wrong and invite the passerby in this thread to pray on this ... if you can.
What was that scripture about that guy who asked for a sign?
Last edited by Silver on January 22nd, 2018, 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

Your arrogance knows no bounds. Remember pride comes before the fall. Take your own advice.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

mirkwood wrote: January 22nd, 2018, 12:15 pm Your arrogance knows no bounds. Remember pride comes before the fall. Take your own advice.
I do take my own advice. However, you cannot as you have demonstrated again and again. You cannot invite others to prayer over this. Simply an amazing display of eternal truth.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

alaris wrote: January 22nd, 2018, 12:24 pm
mirkwood wrote: January 22nd, 2018, 12:15 pm Your arrogance knows no bounds. Remember pride comes before the fall. Take your own advice.
I do take my own advice. However, you cannot as you have demonstrated again and again. You cannot invite others to prayer over this. Simply an amazing display of eternal truth.
alaris, at what point have you crossed over into the Contention Zone? How many responses to the posts of others can you make until you are also complicit in participating in and propagating the contention? Since you're very good at making up your own rules, my guess is that you're going to give yourself a lot of leeway on this one.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

alaris wrote: January 22nd, 2018, 12:24 pm
alaris, one more question, for the children, whom do you like more Julie Rowe or Denver Snuffer?

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

As a general comment to anyone still reading this thread, Multiple Mortal Probations is of the meat variety rather than milk. Obviously this article is not intended for the investigator or worse - those who bound to the adversary by the "we have enough" path, for the investigator is at least seeking in humility. This article is intended for those whose combination of humility, study and prayer have led them to conclude there is one path to exaltation for all of us and who are looking for another saint's perspective on this topic. There have been many illuminating comments by others who believe in this principle - that there is but one path to exaltation, and not two, so thank you all who have weathered the storm and have shared your thoughts and testimony.

http://lordoftheseraphim.blogspot.com/2 ... tions.html

I have been prompted to engage with those who have been lead down the "we have enough" path until they are stuck in contention, condemnation, and to the inability to invite anyone to pray over this principle. Though this has been humorous to watch, the truth is those who have attempted to silence me and others through insults, angry faces, condemnation, and fear by attacking anyone who chimes in are bound to the adversary--a sad reality. The fruits of the adversary are clear to see in those who clearly can't help themselves. The refusals to invite others to pray on this matter is a sad display of those chains detailed in Alma 12:10-11. The fact there are saints who clearly embrace this truth along with all the words of the prophets and apostles and the scriptures that reinforce this truth should be witness enough to go to God with your own questions in humility. That is the open invitation I leave to all as we learn in James 1:5, D&C 9, and Moroni 10:3-5.

If I were in error and if my words were promoting heresy, then would there be a need to condemn me and others page by page? Lies cease to exist the moment people stop believing them, and the Spirit of Truth is all that is needed to discern truth from lie.
John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
“The things of God are of deep import; and time, and experience, and careful and ponderous and solemn thoughts can only find them out.”
— Joseph Smith Jr.
Or you can trust those who say prayer is a waste of time by the spirit of contention through condemnation, insults, and anger.