Seek God’s face or be tempted

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Seek God’s face or be tempted

Post by Mark »

SJR3t2 wrote: January 6th, 2018, 8:17 am Testimony is misused a lot.
https://seekingyhwh.com/2015/02/19/testimony/

LDS conference you will hear trust us, we (the arm of flesh) will not lead you astray. You will also hear all is well is zion (2 Nephi 28).

“When you bear testimony that you have seen God. … Never cease striving until you have seen God face to face. … Your ordination is not full and complete till God has laid His hand upon you.” Oliver Cowdery DHC 2:195-196

I'm talking about titles that they claim that they don't have any fruits of, if I have missed their fruits of them please point me to them.

LDS church has taught that a prophet needs to say THUS SAITH THE LORD espically when they try to teach others of prophets and Joseph Smith.

You should learn more of the process of what happens with conference talks.

This is the gospel of repentance. John the baptist, who Jesus called one of the greatest prophets, called the leaders of his day vipers.

There are plenty of forums and discussion boards on the internet that love to trash the LDS church and its leadership. Why arent you spending your time on those discussion boards? Why are you wasting your time and ours coming on a pro LDS board and trying to stir up dirt and controversy about the church we love and support? Get a life! and go do something positive and productive with your time. Your negativity and prideful accusations toward the LDS church just show everybody your character flaws.

drtanner
captain of 1,000

Post by drtanner »

Mark wrote: January 6th, 2018, 8:37 am
SJR3t2 wrote: January 6th, 2018, 8:17 am Testimony is misused a lot.
https://seekingyhwh.com/2015/02/19/testimony/

LDS conference you will hear trust us, we (the arm of flesh) will not lead you astray. You will also hear all is well is zion (2 Nephi 28).

“When you bear testimony that you have seen God. … Never cease striving until you have seen God face to face. … Your ordination is not full and complete till God has laid His hand upon you.” Oliver Cowdery DHC 2:195-196

I'm talking about titles that they claim that they don't have any fruits of, if I have missed their fruits of them please point me to them.

LDS church has taught that a prophet needs to say THUS SAITH THE LORD espically when they try to teach others of prophets and Joseph Smith.

You should learn more of the process of what happens with conference talks.

This is the gospel of repentance. John the baptist, who Jesus called one of the greatest prophets, called the leaders of his day vipers.

There are plenty of forums and discussion boards on the internet that love to trash the LDS church and its leadership. Why arent you spending your time on those discussion boards? Why are you wasting your time and ours coming on a pro LDS board and trying to stir up dirt and controversy about the church we love and support? Get a life! and go do something positive and productive with your time. Your negativity and prideful accusations toward the LDS church just show everybody your character flaws.
It is easy to read between the lines of those who come here who at some point believed in the true church and have since forsaken sacred covenants. You can tell they are not convinced nor have any real convictions of what they believe and use the forum as a sounding board with a glimmer of hope that they will find something that resonates and gives them faith enough to again believe. To that end I hope they find it. The only other point of coming here would be to try and pawn others into believing what they believe either to justify and pacify their own deception and inner guilt for leaving or to genuinely lead others from the truth. In either case we know who the author is of that kind of proselytizing and is never the way the savior would reach out to individuals to share his gospel thus adding a testimony to where the real truth lies.

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

I believe that Jesus Christ is our promised Messiah. I have literally have heard an audiable voice from God helping me in troubled times guiding me to the right thing to do because he loves me as he loves all His children unconditionally. Heavenly Father so loved the world that he send his only begotten Son, to show us how to keep his commandments, and to provide a way for the bond of death and hell to be broken. Jesus Christ is who He says he is, the Saviour of the world. The Book of Mormon is the word of God, and a man or women will get closer to God abiding by it prececepts, FYI precepts means commandmets not principles, and abide mean keeping them not just knowing about them, than any other book. This Book of Mormon is trully meant for our day, before the great tribulation, to prepare God sheep who hear his voice to help us to know that the Bible as it left the pen of the prophets is the word of God and the way to life and salvation. I have found great peace, understanding and cour
and courage not just believing in the Book of Mormon but also doing what it teaches instead of making exuses. I hope to one day to be able to say like Joseph Smith, who God called to translate this great work, that he KNOWS that Jesus is the Christ the Son of God and that He LIVES because he saw him on the right hand of God. I believe it, so much, Idon't think I could ever empaphise enough how much I truly believe that, and want everyone to know of God's love and to behold His face now. as 3 Nephi 18:25 encourages everyone to do, not the never verse makes it clear he is talking to everyone in verse 25. I have gotten to God by trusting the BoM over any man no matter what ever title they have claimed. The BoM is truly the word of God. I strive to learn it like the back of my hand.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

SJR3t2 wrote: January 8th, 2018, 7:26 am I believe that Jesus Christ is our promised Messiah. I have literally have heard an audiable voice from God helping me in troubled times guiding me to the right thing to do because he loves me as he loves all His children unconditionally. Heavenly Father so loved the world that he send his only begotten Son, to show us how to keep his commandments, and to provide a way for the bond of death and hell to be broken. Jesus Christ is who He says he is, the Saviour of the world. The Book of Mormon is the word of God, and a man or women will get closer to God abiding by it prececepts, FYI precepts means commandmets not principles, and abide mean keeping them not just knowing about them, than any other book. This Book of Mormon is trully meant for our day, before the great tribulation, to prepare God sheep who hear his voice to help us to know that the Bible as it left the pen of the prophets is the word of God and the way to life and salvation. I have found great peace, understanding and cour
and courage not just believing in the Book of Mormon but also doing what it teaches instead of making exuses. I hope to one day to be able to say like Joseph Smith, who God called to translate this great work, that he KNOWS that Jesus is the Christ the Son of God and that He LIVES because he saw him on the right hand of God. I believe it, so much, Idon't think I could ever empaphise enough how much I truly believe that, and want everyone to know of God's love and to behold His face now. as 3 Nephi 18:25 encourages everyone to do, not the never verse makes it clear he is talking to everyone in verse 25. I have gotten to God by trusting the BoM over any man no matter what ever title they have claimed. The BoM is truly the word of God. I strive to learn it like the back of my hand.

Bravo SJR! Stick with your testimony of Christ and His great dispensation Prophet Joseph Smith and you will be happy. Emulating Christ and His example to us all is the key to happiness. As revealed thru the Prophet Joseph Smith the keys to Christlike communication are as follows:

41 No power or influence can or ought to be maintained by virtue of the priesthood, only by persuasion, by long-suffering, by gentleness and meekness, and by love unfeigned;

42 By kindness, and pure knowledge, which shall greatly enlarge the soul without hypocrisy, and without guile—..

45 Let thy bowels also be full of charity towards all men, and to the household of faith, and let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; then shall thy confidence wax strong in the presence of God;..

Faultfinding and criticism of the church and its leadership does not emulate the example given us by our Savior. Becoming an accuser of the Brethren is Satans title and schtick. He is the inspiration behind that type of behavior. Do not let him guide you in your communication style. He will drag you down into the gutter with him. Reject that temptation and move forward in charity and love even when differences surface. That is the Saviors way.

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

Jesus Christ faulted leaders in his day. I did not make this thread a focus of that, others did that by faulting things that I believe.

drtanner
captain of 1,000

Post by drtanner »

SJR3t2 wrote: January 8th, 2018, 7:26 am I believe that Jesus Christ is our promised Messiah. I have literally have heard an audiable voice from God helping me in troubled times guiding me to the right thing to do because he loves me as he loves all His children unconditionally. Heavenly Father so loved the world that he send his only begotten Son, to show us how to keep his commandments, and to provide a way for the bond of death and hell to be broken. Jesus Christ is who He says he is, the Saviour of the world. The Book of Mormon is the word of God, and a man or women will get closer to God abiding by it prececepts, FYI precepts means commandmets not principles, and abide mean keeping them not just knowing about them, than any other book. This Book of Mormon is trully meant for our day, before the great tribulation, to prepare God sheep who hear his voice to help us to know that the Bible as it left the pen of the prophets is the word of God and the way to life and salvation. I have found great peace, understanding and cour
I am grateful for your testimony of Christ and of the reality of his love for all his children. A beautiful thing to share and I’m glad you did. I would add, that because he loves his children he continues to call prophets in our day to represent him. Just as he did in the Book of Mormon. I have several friends that have heard audible voices, one of which that while serving as a bishop had a miraculous experience with an audible voice that changed his whole young men’s program. One of my closest friends has shared with me several personal experiences some of which I have not heard anyone on this forum allude to type or specificity. I wish everyone here who doubted the current church could know this man. All of these people sustain and support the living prophets, recognize that keys still exist in the church, and that the temple and its ordinances and covenant pathway is an important way to follow him. I also have had experiences while serving in the temple that I can not deny. The sad part of all of this is those seeking Christ with all of there hearts but who abandon those who he calls to represent him rather than joininig in sustaining them in his work will be left wanting in there relationship with him.

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

[Joseph Smith] closed by referring to the Mormon Bible, which he said, contained nothing inconsistent or conflicting with the Christian Bible, and he again repeated that all who would follow the precepts of the Bible, whether Mormon or not, would assuredly be saved. - Words of Joseph Smith - Deluxe Study Edition (Kindle Locations 563-564). Packard Technologies. Kindle Edition.

drtanner
captain of 1,000

Post by drtanner »

SJR3t2 wrote: January 8th, 2018, 9:16 pm [Joseph Smith] closed by referring to the Mormon Bible, which he said, contained nothing inconsistent or conflicting with the Christian Bible, and he again repeated that all who would follow the precepts of the Bible, whether Mormon or not, would assuredly be saved. - Words of Joseph Smith - Deluxe Study Edition (Kindle Locations 563-564). Packard Technologies. Kindle Edition.
This is a second hand account from a journalist at the time, Mathew Livingston Davis in a letter he wrote to his wife about an interaction with Joseph Smith. There are several first hand accounts from Jospeh himself and several in the D&C and several hundred second hand accounts which talk about the necessity of authority, ordinances, and keys. All of which are only found in his current church today. Christ Church is still established and experiences are happening all of the time that witness this.

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

if that is what you believe go with it.

“God will not acknowledge that which He has not called, ordained, and chosen. In the beginning God called Adam by His own voice. “And the Lord called unto Adam and said unto him, where art thou? And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked, and hid myself.” (See Genesis 3:9-10.) Adam received commandments and instructions from God: this was the order from the beginning" (TPJS, pg. 168)

"Now Melchizedek was a man of faith, who wrought righteousness; and when a child he feared God, and stopped the mouths of lions, and quenched the violence of fire. And thus, having been approved of God, he was ordained an high priest after the order of the covenant which God made with Enoch, it being after the order of the Son of God; which order came, not by man, nor the will of man; neither by father nor mother; neither by beginning of days nor end of years; but of God; And it was delivered unto men by the calling of his own voice, according to his own will, unto as many as believed on his name."(JST Genesis 14:26-29)

"Thus we behold the keys of this Priesthood consisted in obtaining the voice of Jehovah that He talked with him [Noah] in a familiar and friendly manner, that He continued to him the keys, the covenants, the power and the glory, with which He blessed Adam” (TPJS, pg. 171)

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

How this thread is no longer about what my original post was about, I will no longer be responding here.

drtanner
captain of 1,000

Post by drtanner »

SJR3t2 wrote: January 9th, 2018, 7:05 am if that is what you believe go with it.

“God will not acknowledge that which He has not called, ordained, and chosen. In the beginning God called Adam by His own voice. “And the Lord called unto Adam and said unto him, where art thou? And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked, and hid myself.” (See Genesis 3:9-10.) Adam received commandments and instructions from God: this was the order from the beginning" (TPJS, pg. 168)

"Now Melchizedek was a man of faith, who wrought righteousness; and when a child he feared God, and stopped the mouths of lions, and quenched the violence of fire. And thus, having been approved of God, he was ordained an high priest after the order of the covenant which God made with Enoch, it being after the order of the Son of God; which order came, not by man, nor the will of man; neither by father nor mother; neither by beginning of days nor end of years; but of God; And it was delivered unto men by the calling of his own voice, according to his own will, unto as many as believed on his name."(JST Genesis 14:26-29)

"Thus we behold the keys of this Priesthood consisted in obtaining the voice of Jehovah that He talked with him [Noah] in a familiar and friendly manner, that He continued to him the keys, the covenants, the power and the glory, with which He blessed Adam” (TPJS, pg. 171)
Several men did obtain the priesthood this way (by god himself or as in the case of Jospeh smith by the hand Peter James and John / John the Baptist) several more obtained it by the HAND of there father. How many times does it say HAND below?

6 And the sons of Moses, according to the Holy Priesthood which he received under the hand of his father-in-law, Jethro;
7 And Jethro received it under the hand of Caleb;
8 And Caleb received it under the hand of Elihu;
9 And Elihu under the hand of Jeremy;
10 And Jeremy under the hand of Gad;
11 And Gad under the hand of Esaias;
12 And Esaias received it under the hand of God.
13 Esaias also lived in the days of Abraham, and was blessed of him--
14 Which Abraham received the priesthood from Melchizedek, who received it through the lineage of his fathers, even till Noah;
15 And from Noah till Enoch, through the lineage of their fathers;

drtanner
captain of 1,000

Post by drtanner »

SJR3t2 wrote: January 9th, 2018, 7:08 am How this thread is no longer about what my original post was about, I will no longer be responding here.
It is about the original post and correcting false teachings related.

D&C 84:36 For he that receiveth my servants receiveth me;

Part of seeking God’s face is receiving his servants. We also learn this in the temple, and the temptation to believe otherwise is great in our day and has / will lead many astray.

investigator
captain of 100

Post by investigator »

drtanner wrote: January 9th, 2018, 7:29 am
SJR3t2 wrote: January 9th, 2018, 7:08 am How this thread is no longer about what my original post was about, I will no longer be responding here.

Part of seeking God’s face is receiving his servants. We also learn this in the temple, and the temptation to believe otherwise is great in our day and has / will lead many astray.
Should we stop at receiving true messengers?

You bring up the temple. We are to consider ourselves as Adam and Eve respectively, we are provided messengers, we chose true messengers, we are true and faithful in all things, we desire further light and knowledge by conversing with the Lord through the veil, after conversing with the Lord through the veil we desire to enter His presences, we are admitted into the presence of the Lord. This is the pattern taught in the temple. We do not stop at receiving true messengers.

drtanner
captain of 1,000

Post by drtanner »

investigator wrote: January 9th, 2018, 9:26 am
drtanner wrote: January 9th, 2018, 7:29 am

Should we stop at receiving true messengers?

You bring up the temple. We are to consider ourselves as Adam and Eve respectively, we are provided messengers, we chose true messengers, we are true and faithful in all things, we desire further light and knowledge by conversing with the Lord through the veil, after conversing with the Lord through the veil we desire to enter His presences, we are admitted into the presence of the Lord. This is the pattern taught in the temple. We do not stop at receiving true messengers.
No one is saying to stop at true messengers.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

SJR3t2 wrote: January 6th, 2018, 8:19 am Regarding King Brigham my gut said to post it. Many have told me that they find it very insightful, if you don't that is okay, don't read it anymore.
Suggesting that 'many' found it insightful is not a valid argument. Just because they are 'many' doesn't mean they know what they are talking about. The 'many' can be as uninformed or misinformed as the 'few'. That is a common occurrence, especially when it comes to discussing things about the LDS church.

You shared your postings, and you specifically pointed me to that one on 'King Brigham', then you react in this way when I share MY thoughts on it. And what is your response? 'Don't read it anymore'. I don't plan to.

But, I stand by what I said. You are posting false things about a man who isn't here to defend himself and it seems you don't care.

investigator
captain of 100

Post by investigator »

drtanner said
No one is saying to stop at true messengers.
In so many words yes they do. It is sad to see how far afield the church has gone from the scriptures and the early days of the restoration. This commandment that is highlighted in the op...
3 Ne. 18: 25 And ye see that I have commanded that none of you should go away, but rather have commanded that ye should come unto me, that ye might feel and see; even so shall ye do unto the world; and whosoever breaketh this commandment suffereth himself to be led into temptation.
Commands us to seek to see the face of the Lord and to feel his wounds to become witnesses of him. This same injunction is give numerous times in scripture and was the clarion call of the early brethren. He are just a couple of examples...
D&C 76: 117 To whom he grants this privilege of seeing and knowing for themselves;

118 That through the power and manifestation of the Spirit, while in the flesh, they may be able to bear his presence in the world of glory.
Charge given to the newly ordained members of the 12 up until the early 1900s "Never cease striving until you have seen God face to face. Strengthen your faith; cast off your doubts, your sins, and all your unbelief; and nothing can prevent you from coming to God. Your ordination is not full and complete till God has laid His hand upon you. We require as much to qualify us as did those who have gone before us; God is the same. If the Savior in former days laid His hands upon His disciples, why not in latter days?"
It is quite a different standard than what is taught today.
During a recent Youth Conference (Jan. 23, 2016 – Bellevue, Washington) Four pre-selected youth were allowed to ask a question.
One youth Asked:

What should we pray for to receive the same testimony and/or conversion that Alma the Younger experienced, for
our friend who are not members?

Elder Oaks answers:
I’ve never had an experience like that and I don’t know anyone among the 1st Presidency or Quorum of the 12 who’ve had that kind of experience. Yet every one of us knows of a certainty the things that Alma knew. But it’s just that unless the Lord chooses to do it another way, as he sometimes does; for millions and millions of His children the testimony settles upon us gradually. Like so much dust on the windowsill or so much dew on the grass. One day you didn't have it and another day you did and you don’t know which day it happened. That’s the way I got my testimony. And then I knew it was true when it continued to grow.
I think this scripture is appropriate at this juncture since Elder Oaks is a lawyer...
Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.
Elder Oaks hasn't had these kinds of experiences so he doesn't believe that anyone else can. Therefore these are the things that he teaches.
...Modern apostles are called to be witnesses of the name of Christ in all the world, Doctrine and Covenants 107:23. This is not to witness of a personal manifestation. To witness of the name is to witness of the plan, the work, or mission such as the atonement and the authority or priesthood of the Lord Jesus Christ, which an apostle who holds the keys is uniquely responsible to do.

Of course apostles are also witnesses of Christ just like all members of the Church who have the gift of the Holy Ghost. This is because the mission of the Holy Ghost is to witness of the Father and the Son. Dallin Oaks Boise Rescue
So yes I do believe that the church today discourages us from really seeking the face of the Lord. Here is a final quote where Elder Oaks associates seeking the face of the Lord with a tactic of the adversary.
Of course, all of the righteous desire to see the face of our Savior, but the suggestions that this must happen in mortality is a familiar tactic of the adversary. Dallin Oaks Boise Rescue

diligently seeking
captain of 1,000

Post by diligently seeking »

So the adversary actually teaches a person to seek the face of Christ in mortality? Interesting.

I do strongly think a person be they an authority figure etc promotes what they understand and have experienced...

In church Sunday / elders quorum a very faithfull brother towards the end of the lesson on sacrament, said --- "As we take the sacrament with a broken heart contrite spirit we can more fully make use of its power and purpose". He then went on to say "whatever having a broken heart contrade spirit means." The teacher another stalwart member in our Ward asked the question almost incredulously "no kidding what does that mean"?

How can we be a converted people with all that entails... when with great satisfaction we feel we are so content being members of the true church? We got it made! we have the fullness of truth! we've received all the ordinances! now it is just endure to the end, time!

Where is there room or a need for abaseing ourselves submitting to Christ to heal us and make us whole / actually redeemed in our fallen condition--- born of God "illuminated by the light of his everlasting word" when we feel we have arrived already?

Yeah I actually think the more tried and true techniques of satan trying to deceive us are found quite instructively throughout the entire chapter in 2 Nephi 28.

Once we understand the significant message 2nephi 28---2nephi 32 speaks to us how it was meant to be understood and applied in our lives :

1 And now, behold, my beloved brethren, I suppose that ye ponder somewhat in your hearts concerning that which ye should do after ye have entered in by the way. (Been converted) But, behold, why do ye ponder these things in your hearts?
2 Do ye not remember that I said unto you that after ye had received the Holy Ghost (entred in by the way) ye could speak with the tongue of angels? And now, how could ye speak with the tongue of angels save it were by the Holy Ghost?
3 Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, FEAST upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do.
4 Wherefore, now after I have spoken these words, if ye cannot understand them it will be because ye ask not, neither do ye knock; ( It takes a broken heart and contrite spirit to be of this disposition) wherefore, ye are not brought into the light, but must perish in the dark.
5 For behold, again I say unto you that if ye will enter in by the way, and receive the Holy Ghost, it will show unto you all things what ye should do.
6 Behold, this is the doctrine of Christ, and there will be no more doctrine given until after he shall manifest himself unto you in the FLESH. And when he shall manifest himself unto you in the flesh, the things which he shall say unto you shall ye observe to do.
7 And now I, Nephi, cannot say more; the Spirit stoppeth mine utterance, and I am left to mourn because of the unbelief, and the wickedness, and the ignorance, and the stiffneckedness of men; for they will not search knowledge, nor understand great knowledge, when it is given unto them in plainness, even as plain as word can

diligently seeking
captain of 1,000

Post by diligently seeking »

Very instructive. This life is the time to receive the fullness of light and truth. Please read all 40 verses. Pay particular attention to the first verse and the next to last verse "39" of what I am copying and pasting from D&C 93:

1 Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am;
2 And that I am the true light that lighteth every man that cometh into the world;
3 And that I am in the Father, and the Father in me, and the Father and I are one—
4 The Father because he gave me of his fulness, and the Son because I was in the world and made flesh my tabernacle, and dwelt among the sons of men.
5 I was in the world and received of my Father, and the works of him were plainly manifest.
6 And John saw and bore record of the fulness of my glory, and the fulness of John’s record is hereafter to be revealed.
7 And he bore record, saying: I saw his glory, that he was in the beginning, before the world was;

8 Therefore, in the beginning the Word was, for he was the Word, even the messenger of salvation—
9 The light and the Redeemer of the world; the Spirit of truth, who came into the world, because the world was made by him, and in him was the life of men and the light of men.
10 The worlds were made by him; men were made by him; all things were made by him, and through him, and of him.
11 And I, John, bear record that I beheld his glory, as the glory of the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth, even the Spirit of truth, which came and dwelt in the flesh, and dwelt among us.
12 And I, John, saw that he received not of the fulness at the first, but received grace for grace;
13 And he received not of the fulness at first, but continued from grace to grace, until he received a fulness;
14 And thus he was called the Son of God, because he received not of the fulness at the first.
15 And I, John, bear record, and lo, the heavens were opened, and the Holy Ghost descended upon him in the form of a dove, and sat upon him, and there came a voice out of heaven saying: This is my beloved Son.
16 And I, John, bear record that he received a fulness of the glory of the Father;
17 And he received all power, both in heaven and on earth, and the glory of the Father was with him, for he dwelt in him.
18 And it shall come to pass, that if you are faithful you shall receive the fulness of the record of John.
19 I give unto you these sayings that you may understand and know how to worship, and know what you worship, that you may come unto the Father in my name, and in due time receive of his fulness.
20 For if you keep my commandments you shall receive of his fulness, and be glorified in me as I am in the Father; therefore, I say unto you, you shall receive grace for grace.
21 And now, verily I say unto you, I was in the beginning with the Father, and am the Firstborn;
22 And all those who are begotten through me are partakers of the glory of the same, and are the church of the Firstborn.
23 Ye were also in the beginning with the Father; that which is Spirit, even the Spirit of truth;

24 And truth is knowledge of things as they are, and as they were, and as they are to come;
25 And whatsoever is more or less than this is the spirit of that wicked one who was a liar from the beginning.
26 The Spirit of truth is of God. I am the Spirit of truth, and John bore record of me, saying: He received a fulness of truth, yea, even of all truth;
27 And no man receiveth a fulness unless he keepeth his commandments.
28 He that keepeth his commandments receiveth truth and light, until he is glorified in truth and knoweth all things.
29 Man was also in the beginning with God. Intelligence, or the light of truth, was not created or made, neither indeed can be.
30 All truth is independent in that sphere in which God has placed it, to act for itself, as all intelligence also; otherwise there is no existence.
31 Behold, here is the agency of man, and here is the condemnation of man; because that which was from the beginning is plainly manifest unto them, and they receive not the light.
32 And every man whose spirit receiveth not the light is under condemnation.
33 For man is spirit. The elements are eternal, and spirit and element, inseparably connected, receive a fulness of joy;
34 And when separated, man cannot receive a fulness of joy.
35 The elements are the tabernacle of God; yea, man is the tabernacle of God, even temples; and whatsoever temple is defiled, God shall destroy that temple.
36 The glory of God is intelligence, or, in other words, light and truth.
37 Light and truth forsake that evil one.
38 Every spirit of man was innocent in the beginning; and God having redeemed man from the fall, men became again, in their infant state, innocent before God.
39 And that wicked one cometh and taketh away light and truth, through disobedience, from the children of men, and because of the tradition of their fathers.[
40 But I have commanded you to bring up your children in light and truth.