Heavenly music

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
drtanner
captain of 1,000

Heavenly music

Post by drtanner »

Some music will make me feel about as close to heaven as it gets, and here are a couple that I think would qualify. Feel free to share any that do the same for you :)

Last edited by drtanner on December 12th, 2017, 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Re: Heavenly music

Post by gardener4life »

This is a really interesting post. I was thinking something recently how Christmas really should be about listening to music and church hymans instead of worshipping materialism. The trap of our society worshipping materialism the most on Christmas really makes me not too enthusiastic about Christmas compared to Thanksgiving and Easter. (Also the reorganization of the Church is in April! And the reorganization & restoration of the Church should have more enthusiasm than it does. But I understand that Christ and his resurrection are why we're able to do and have any kind of future.)

I hope people get into hymns more and celebrating them as a goal during December.

Particularly I really like Silent Night, and O Holy Night. I just love listening to these hymns this time of year (and the rest of the year even though people think its weird.) I also like I know that My Redeemer Lives, and listening to primary children sing hymns too.

BruceRGilbert
captain of 1,000

Post by BruceRGilbert »

BruceRGilbert
captain of 1,000

Post by BruceRGilbert »

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

I recently discovered a very talented artist, Marc Martel:
A beautiful original from Marc's Christian band:

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Canadian tenors - Lead with your heart
https://youtu.be/_En2FVuIzhM

Consider the Lillies - MoTab
https://youtu.be/3VDW9phn_Jo

As far as Christmas music, Silent Night is beautiful & I love how it is on “The first Christmas” by Liken. Sorry - can’t find a clip of it.

Son of Liberty
captain of 100

Post by Son of Liberty »

Christmas shoe song

About as Christ like theme of a song that you can get.