Priesthood keys taken from Denver Snuffer

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
silk
captain of 50

Re: Priesthood keys taken from Denver Snuffer

Post by silk »

Thank you, gardener4life. That response to marc was much more thorough than mine would have been. Let me just add one more thing.

Marc talked about the idea of us "judging" the remnant. That word always causes me to pause, because it's such a weighty concept. Your post has shown very clearly my own thoughts -- that it's not people we're judging, but ideas. And that, we are not only encouraged, but required, to do. I feel comfortable in judging ideas against my understanding of the scriptures and the Restoration. I'm not always right, but I always learn something in the process. But none of us on this forum are in a position to judge people, neither to exalt nor to condemn them. God looks on the heart, whereas on a forum we can't even look on the face.

As for coming to Zion, the scriptures from previous dispensations show a division among the people before it can come. People must choose one side or the other. In Enoch's case, the people self-selected -- they either followed Enoch as the "people of God", or they stayed with the world. For the Nephites, massive destruction did the work for them, sparing those that were "more righteous". I believe that in our own day, we will see more and more this division. As the world grows more wicked, it will be much more difficult to stand with Christ. Those in the church for any other reason other than a deep, abiding testimony of the Savior and His work, will find it much easier and more comfortable elsewhere.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re: Priesthood keys taken from Denver Snuffer

Post by marc »

Thank you both for your thoughtful replies. I do see that more care has been taken recently to discuss ideas more so than to judge and accuse persons, i.e. name calling. I also appreciate your careful use of scriptures to support your positions rather than just make unsubstantiated declarations, which often happens in these discussions. It has pained me to see how some in the "remnant" movement have been attacked and accused. Many are very dear friends to me whom I love, some who have been abused by their church leaders and why they have become outcasts in church and on this forum. I actually took the time to get to know many of them. I feel when the Spirit is grieved every time one of God's children is judged/name-called, whatever path they choose. We are all sinners, unredeemed and wicked because of our fallen and carnal nature. The Lord is grieved whenever any of His children becomes an accuser of any of His other children.