the Lord is my servant

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
True
captain of 100

the Lord is my servant

Post by True »

I am always sorry when I start a thread but I can't stop myself this morning from sharing about the goodness of the Lord. Hopefully JaredBees doesn't mind me using the dream he posted from another thread to springboard this one. Here is his dream:

"Around this time of reinforcement of living for the reality of 93:1 occurring for me-- I experienced a revealing dream. In my dream I heard a knock at my front door. As opened it standing before me was a man in a white robe with longer hair on his head. Everything was clear to me except his face. I could not see his face-- it was more blurry. I knew in my dream that this was the Savior. Immediately I felt to report to him the things I was doing in my priesthood leadership calling. To my surprise he walked past me as I was giving my report and entered into the room of my two little kids. He leaned down and picked up my baby boy, and held him in his arms. In my dream I remember feeling a little chagrined by all this. I woke up and the message was not lost on me... "

This reminded me of a dream I had a year or two ago. In that dream I walked outside into my backyard which was absolutely beautifully kept. It had lush vegetation and even a stream running through it (this is not how my current yard looks). To my surprise, the beautiful Savior of the whole world was in my back yard so I questioned him, in my amazement, why he was there. He told me that he was my gardener. "You are my gardener?!" I asked incredulously, with tears in my eyes. He confirmed that yes, indeed, he was my gardener. We walked side by side in my beautifully kept yard and he listened to me talk. I tried to keep up with his long strides. I asked him how long was he going to be my gardener. I hoped that it would be the whole time that I had my children at home so that I could get his help. I could not believe my good fortune. Somehow I came to realize it was one of the big reasons he was my gardener.

At this, I awoke and I realized that the Lord was trying to teach me something. He is not too proud to be my gardener so that he can help me with my children. As I do the mundane things about my house like laundry and dishes and toothpaste in the sink, he is mowing and raking and pruning my life to be beautiful. And all I have to do is open the door and ask for his help with my kids. I can say "Lord, I don't have the kindness, or patience or wisdom to know what to do. But you posses all of these qualities in their fulness. You are my partner and for some amazing reason, you have condescended to serve me. Can you please bless me with what I need?" And then I wait upon the Lord with confidence and surely he will provide in his mercy and in his pity and in his loving kindness.

If I, who am no one and nothing, have the Lord as my servant then surely we all do. I am prone to self hatred - to assuming whoever is talking to me, doesn't want to be so I will hurry up and let them move on - to impatience with my children - to persecuting my kids for persecuting my other kids - to assuming the worst and all other varieties of human folly. I am not naturally able to lift myself up above myself. Left to my own devices I am unable to accomplish much of anything. This inability to prosper has been my greatest sadness and my greatest blessing. Through it I have come, perhaps more quickly than if it wasn't so, to understand that as I turn to Jesus and trust in his strength then I can flourish. Sometimes, as I flourish, I am tempted to think that I am really good or righteous. And then I fall again and realize I was borrowing the Lord's righteousness and he was lending me his goodness.

Anyway, this has turned into more of a testimony than anything. But I do want to testify of the goodness of God. He has served me and been my God from my mother's belly. In him there is infinite hope.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: the Lord is my servant

Post by Thinker »

True wrote: November 30th, 2017, 10:07 am This reminded me of a dream I had a year or two ago. In that dream I walked outside into my backyard which was absolutely beautifully kept. It had lush vegetation and even a stream running through it (this is not how my current yard looks). To my surprise, the beautiful Savior of the whole world was in my back yard so I questioned him, in my amazement, why he was there. He told me that he was my gardener. "You are my gardener?!" I asked incredulously, with tears in my eyes. He confirmed that yes, indeed, he was my gardener. We walked side by side in my beautifully kept yard and he listened to me talk. I tried to keep up with his long strides. I asked him how long was he going to be my gardener. I hoped that it would be the whole time that I had my children at home so that I could get his help. I could not believe my good fortune. Somehow I came to realize it was one of the big reasons he was my gardener.
What a beautiful dream! I felt the spirit as I read it. Thanks for sharing it. I believe that there is enormous spiritual help available to each of us - all we need to do is ask and be open to it. I admire your openness.

farmerchick
captain of 1,000

Post by farmerchick »

I also had a dream very similar with the same message, The Lord is my servant. I dreamed that I saw the savior with my children when they were small. I was working feverishly at something and I notice a man in white playing with my small children. I immediately intervened and asked what was going on. The Savior answered and turned toward me. His face was blurry and I could not see his features at all. He said, I am watching your children, don't be afraid anymore. I remember I was stunned in my dream as I realized it was the Savior. I had this dream last week after Thanksgiving. I thought to myself in the dream, wow... the Savior is my babysitter. Then I woke up thinking that I couldn't have dreamed that. It's amazing others are having the same type of dream..... wow...

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

What a great thread! I shared a private, sacred experience with another LDSFF member and we marveled at how in both of our experiences we knew it was the Savior but were unable to behold His face, just like the experiences shared here.

True
captain of 100

Post by True »

farmerchick wrote: December 4th, 2017, 12:26 am I also had a dream very similar with the same message, The Lord is my servant. I dreamed that I saw the savior with my children when they were small. I was working feverishly at something and I notice a man in white playing with my small children. I immediately intervened and asked what was going on. The Savior answered and turned toward me. His face was blurry and I could not see his features at all. He said, I am watching your children, don't be afraid anymore. I remember I was stunned in my dream as I realized it was the Savior. I had this dream last week after Thanksgiving. I thought to myself in the dream, wow... the Savior is my babysitter. Then I woke up thinking that I couldn't have dreamed that. It's amazing others are having the same type of dream..... wow...
So inspiring! Thanks for sharing!!!

diligently seeking
captain of 1,000

Post by diligently seeking »

As we stay rooted and yoked to Jesus in time he will show his face and administer more personally to you---Is my witness. I have not received my S.C. but I have since seen his face clearly etc.

Jesus Christ, Second Comforter
See this page in the original 1992 publication.
Author: Sherry, Thomas E.
The term "Second Comforter" refers to Jesus Christ in his role of ministering personally to his faithful followers (John 14:21-23; D&C 93:1;130:3). Jesus taught his disciples that the Holy Ghost was a comforter (John 14:26), but he also spoke of a second comforter (John 14:16-21). Latter-day Saints have been given additional understanding about the Second Comforter by the Prophet Joseph Smith: After a person has faith in Christ, repents of his sins, and is baptized for the remission of his sins and receives the Holy Ghost (by the laying on of hands), which is the first Comforter, then let him continue to humble himself before God, hungering and thirsting after righteousness, and living by every word of God, and the Lord will soon say unto him, Son, thou shalt be exalted. When the Lord has thoroughly proved him, and finds that the man is determined to serve Him at all hazards, then the man will find his calling and his election made sure, then it will be his privilege to receive the other Comforter, which the Lord hath promised the Saints, as is recorded in the testimony of St. John, in the 14th chapter, from the 12th to the 27th verses….
Now what is this other Comforter? It is no more nor less than the Lord Jesus Christ Himself; …when any man obtains this last Comforter, he will have the personage of Jesus Christ to attend him, or appear unto him from time to time, and even He will manifest the Father unto him, and they will take up their abode with him, and the visions of the heavens will be opened unto him, and the Lord will teach him face to face, and he may have a perfect knowledge of the mysteries of the Kingdom of God; and this is the state and place the ancient Saints arrived at when they had such glorious visions-Isaiah, Ezekiel, John upon the Isle of Patmos, St. Paul in the three heavens, and all the Saints who held communion with the general assembly and Church of the First Born [TPJS, pp. 150-51].
The Lord has counseled his Saints to "seek his face" (D&C 101:37-38). No sinful person can endure his presence, and hence will not obtain the blessing (D&C 67:10-13; JST Ex. 33:11, 20). In God's wisdom, some faithful individuals are blessed with the Second Comforter while remaining in mortality. [See also Calling and Election; Jesus Christ: Latter-Day Appearances of Jesus Christ.]