Satan Has a Son...and He's Here! Who is He?

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Satan Has a Son...and He's Here! Who is He?

Post by BeNotDeceived »

What do you think :?:

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Re: Satan Has a Son...and He's Here! Who is He?

Post by LdsMarco »

BeNotDeceived wrote: November 24th, 2017, 9:46 pm What do you think :?:
False doctrine. I watched the whole video to give it a chance but this guy is wrong. First of all, Satan doesn't have a body. He can't procreate. Semi-plausible but I'm going to have to disagree. Satans seed is all those who followed him. Satan threatened God's children to possess the seed of Adam and Eve and that is why God said that in Genesis 3:15
Last edited by LdsMarco on November 24th, 2017, 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Is he here on the forum? My guess would be.........Dare I say? Ok, I will, its........nope, I have been told to stifle myself. :!:

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

LdsMarco wrote: November 24th, 2017, 10:48 pm
False doctrine. I watched the whole video to give it a chance but this guy is wrong. First of all, Satan doesn't have a body. He can't procreate. Semi-plausible but I'm going to have to disagree. Satans seed is all those who followed him. Satan threatened God's children to possess the seed of Adam and Eve and that is why God said that in Genesis 3:15
He came in the form of a serpent which means he may have possessed it’s body. If two creatures could produce offspring, then by definition they had to be considered to be the same species. Now that is no longer the case.
https://phys.org/news/2017-11-galapagos-species.html#jCp wrote: In this week's issue of the journal Science, researchers from Princeton University and Uppsala University in Sweden report that the newcomer belonging to one species mated with a member of another species resident on the island, giving rise to a new species that today consists of roughly 30 individuals.
Now inter species procreation is possible and Pluto is no longer a planet. :roll:

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Lucipher is spirit - that can influence all of us. Lucipher plays a part in “there must needs be opposition in all things.” The story of Adam & Eve is considered to go further back & have deeper meaning than may be apparent. It’s very symbolic - don’t take it literally. Scriptures are not history books as much as spiritual books to be likened to us.

The other night, I dreamt of a snake & looked up the possible symbolic meaning (consider the following in terms of the Adam & Eve parable)...

“Snake: change, renewal & transformation. Psychic energy, power, dynamism instinctual drive. Entire process of psychic & spiritual transformation. Need to move to a new level of consciousness. Dreamer may fear it, as he/she may fear change itself... Renewal & rebirth because of their unique ability to shed old skin for new. Symbol of healing. Gnostics considered the snake as the Savior himself, who initiates humankind into consciousness & raises it up out of a primitive, nature-identified unconsciousness.”

God created all - including negative spirits. No doubt there are some great and good spirits and some horrible hellish ones - & many in between. I do believe it’s all necessary- the opposition. Even “bad” events have a way of inspiring more good than without them - and often stir us on in spiritual progress.

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

BeNotDeceived wrote: November 25th, 2017, 3:22 am He came in the form of a serpent which means he may have possessed it’s body. If two creatures could produce offspring, then by definition they had to be considered to be the same species. Now that is no longer the case.
The serpent is symbolic. I'm not sure how you can misunderstand that.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

eddie wrote: November 24th, 2017, 10:49 pm Is he here on the forum? My guess would be.........Dare I say? Ok, I will, its........nope, I have been told to stifle myself. :!:
https://www.lds.org/manual/old-testament-student-manual-genesis-2-samuel/genesis-3-the-fall?lang=eng wrote: One reason the accounts of the Creation and the Fall are misunderstood and misinterpreted is the willful removal of plain and precious things from the Old Testament (see 1 Nephi 13:25–29). Members of the Church have much of what was lost, which was restored in the books of Moses and Abraham, ...
Moses 4:21: And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, between thy seed and her seed

“Thy seed” spoken of in the same context; Satan has seed. :!:

We may all have some of his DNA, even those that aren’t a descendent of Cain. This correlates well with some being called the “Sons of Perdition”. Please refrain from any actions that may impede your participation, even if it really involves the true Spawn of Satan. :P

Lyster
captain of 100

Post by Lyster »

LdsMarco wrote: November 25th, 2017, 10:00 am
BeNotDeceived wrote: November 25th, 2017, 3:22 am He came in the form of a serpent which means he may have possessed it’s body. If two creatures could produce offspring, then by definition they had to be considered to be the same species. Now that is no longer the case.
Are the both of you sure about your points?

Moses 4
7 And he said unto the woman: Yea, hath God said—Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? (And he spake by the mouth of the serpent.)

As for (having been suggested) Adam & Eve not being literal because "scriptures aren't history books"... what percentage of the Old testament, new testament, and book of mormon are historical reference as compared to sermons, etc? We learn from history as well as direct "teaching".

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

BeNotDeceived wrote: November 25th, 2017, 1:22 pm
eddie wrote: November 24th, 2017, 10:49 pm Is he here on the forum? My guess would be.........Dare I say? Ok, I will, its........nope, I have been told to stifle myself. :!:
https://www.lds.org/manual/old-testament-student-manual-genesis-2-samuel/genesis-3-the-fall?lang=eng wrote: One reason the accounts of the Creation and the Fall are misunderstood and misinterpreted is the willful removal of plain and precious things from the Old Testament (see 1 Nephi 13:25–29). Members of the Church have much of what was lost, which was restored in the books of Moses and Abraham, ...
Moses 4:21: And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, between thy seed and her seed

“Thy seed” spoken of in the same context; Satan has seed. :!:

We may all have some of his DNA, even those that aren’t a descendent of Cain. This correlates well with some being called the “Sons of Perdition”. Please refrain from any actions that may impede your participation, even if it really involves the true Spawn of Satan. :P
:) ;)

My daughter dated the spawn of Satan! He would invite her to the prom, we got her a beautiful dress, and then run away from home after he robbed the town drugstore, not taking her to the prom. She didn't have a wild bone in her body, I never understood what she saw in him. I had to use alot of psychology to get her out of his grip. She went on to marry well and he is still the spawn of Satan. ( had to share, haha)

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

This is a crazy discussion. I don't even know why some here are even considering that Eve conceived with Satan.... C'MON!

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Researching this has led to many interesting articles.

http://www.brunson20.com/2013/05/the-serpents-roll-in-fall.html wrote:
In addition to these two examples, there is further evidence that suggests that a serpent represented the Messiah. According to one LDS author,
In most ancient societies, letters and numbers were often used interchangeably, and each letter of an alphabet had a numerical value.[7]
"Generally, the first nine letters of the alphabet stood for numbers one through nine, the next nine for numbers ten through ninety, and so on."[8] With this formula, each word could therefore be assigned a numerical value. When two words had the same numerical value, they were considered to represent each other and could be used interchangeably as synonyms. This is significant because the Hebrew word for Messiah (mashiyakh) and the Hebrew word for serpent (nakhash) both have a numerical value of 358.[9] This helps to confirm that anciently, and especially in the Hebrew culture, the serpent was a symbol for the Messiah. As LDS scholar Jeffery Bradshaw stated, "the serpent is a frequently used representation of the Messiah and his life-giving power."[10]

http://www.brunson20.com/2013/05/adams- ... skins.html
Interesting this code is something I’ve applied for a long time, not knowing its history; the guy in the Sophia video applied it too.

My version:

R = 18
S = 19
T = 20

Which is different than described; now it’s better understood and validated. :!:

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

Total insanity. Our intelligence was given a spiritual body by Gods both male and female. Only those exalted the highest order of the celestial kingdom can create spiritual bodies. Those spiritual bodies are sent down to earth mortal bodies created by male and female earthly parents,

There was no procreation or death when Adam and Eve were in the garden, and prior to being kicked out of the garden God placed enmity between mortal man and Satan that he could not posses a mortal body for himself. If somehow in some deep mysterious recess of your mind Satan was able to posses a mortal body in the act of procreation - how does that transfer any of his DNA or put one of his spiritual offspring into the body, as he has no spiritual offspring... It is to make God a liar to say Satan has offspring.

Satan never claims any us as his sons and daughters.
Satan came among them, saying: I am also a son of God, Moses 5:13.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

BeNotDeceived wrote: November 26th, 2017, 4:50 pm
Silver Pie wrote: November 22nd, 2017, 7:17 pm
Hidingbehindmyhandle wrote: September 6th, 2017, 4:23 am"You don't understand, the only relationship you can have with the Savior is to be in complete and utter awe of who he is and what he has done."
This reply shows incredible ignorance of the scriptures and of what Joseph Smith plainly taught. (And, if he said it, having the office of apostle does not make it magically true.)
Elder James E. Talmage wrote:
I take this occasion to raise my voice ...

What if they raise their voice :?:
The quote continues:

“I take this occasion to raise my voice against the false interpretation of scripture, which has been adopted by certain people, and is current in their minds, and is referred to in a hushed and half-secret way, that the fall of man consisted in some offense against the laws of chastity and of virtue. Such a doctrine is an abomination. … "

This is text from his book Jesus the Christ where he also identified the birth date of the Savior, yet that is not accepted as absolute truth by many, and it hasn't been canonized as one of the Standard Works.

Really I don't have a horse in this race and accept that many things remain a mystery. :|

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

BeNotDeceived wrote: November 25th, 2017, 3:22 am
LdsMarco wrote: November 24th, 2017, 10:48 pm
https://phys.org/news/2017-11-galapagos-species.html#jCp wrote: In this week's issue of the journal Science, researchers from Princeton University and Uppsala University in Sweden report that the newcomer belonging to one species mated with a member of another species resident on the island, giving rise to a new species that today consists of roughly 30 individuals.
Now inter species procreation is possible and Pluto is no longer a planet. :roll:
Nah. They always report it like that, but inter-species procreation is not possible. Inter-BREED, yes.

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

LOL It still amazes me how some so-called LDS members of the church always try to find 'other sources' (arm and flesh) to get answers to their curious minds LMBO!!

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

LdsMarco wrote: November 26th, 2017, 11:08 am This is a crazy discussion. I don't even know why some here are even considering that Eve conceived with Satan.... C'MON!
inho wrote: August 4th, 2016, 6:20 am There are probably still some in this forum who believe that the two are different. This was discussed in the sub-forum that no longer exists. I think it is taught in the Jedi classes by Doug Mendenhall. My understanding is that according to Doug and Denise one of the two has a body and is a brother of Heavenly Father, and the other one is a spirit and brother of Jesus and us. However, there is really no scriptural or historical evidence for this belief.
It's a strange idea for sure, but raising ones voice, is not in harmony with
Doctrine and Covenants wrote: 121:41 No power or influence can or ought to be maintained by virtue of the priesthood, only by persuasion, by long-suffering, by gentleness and meekness, and by love unfeigned;

The following discusses how being Sons of Perdition may be in our DNA.
http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0045592 wrote: In this study, we quantified male DNA in the human female brain as a marker for Microchimerism of fetal origin (i.e. acquisition of male DNA by a woman while bearing a male fetus).
Male Microchimerism in women without sons: quantitative assessment and correlation with pregnancy history.

The following seems to draw valid conclusions from the previous links, that don't really apply in this case, but may be of interest. This forum is not for those easily offended or faint of heart, but does have some serious amateur investigators.
Women absorb and carry living DNA and cells from every male ... UNCENSORED FORUM

Simply stated we may inherit DNA from our step fathers, if our step brothers are older than we are. :o

I enjoyed watching some more of your videos and your medical training should aid your understanding. :idea:

There really is little to go on, and the opening video, does make many good points.

Plausible :?: pending further light and knowledge. Please so identify. :?

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Right. He wasn't the serpent; the serpent spoke his words. His mouthpiece, if you will, just like God has a mouthpiece. And the Pearl of Great Price also says "for he had drawn many away after him." It sounds like even some animals can be lured to follow devils.

Hm. (thinking about mosquitoes and roaches)
Lyster wrote: November 25th, 2017, 7:03 pm

Moses 4
7 And he said unto the woman: Yea, hath God said—Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? (And he spake by the mouth of the serpent.)

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

Silver Pie wrote: November 28th, 2017, 8:35 pm Right. He wasn't the serpent; the serpent spoke his words. His mouthpiece, if you will, just like God has a mouthpiece. And the Pearl of Great Price also says "for he had drawn many away after him." It sounds like even some animals can be lured to follow devils.

Hm. (thinking about mosquitoes and roaches)
Lyster wrote: November 25th, 2017, 7:03 pm

Moses 4
I think some of us need to attend to the temple more often?

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

LdsMarco wrote: November 28th, 2017, 11:23 pm I think some of us need to attend to the temple more often?
I know that the temple says some things are symbolic, but how much is symbolic and how much is literal?

The scriptures say that the devil spoke by the mouth of the serpent because he had drawn many away after him. The temple shows someone in the form of a man. Which one is symbolic?
5 And now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which I, the Lord God, had made.

6 And Satan put it into the heart of the serpent, (for he had drawn away many after him,) and he sought also to beguile Eve, for he knew not the mind of God, wherefore he sought to destroy the world.

https://www.lds.org/scriptures/pgp/moses/4.6

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Silver Pie wrote: November 29th, 2017, 7:39 pm
I know that the temple says some things are symbolic, but how much is symbolic and how much is literal?

https://www.lds.org/scriptures/pgp/moses/4.6
http://loyaltotheword.synthasite.com/that-old-serpent.php wrote:
... The account in Moses, which is the inspired revision of the account in Genesis, gives a very interesting detail: “Satan put it into the heart of the serpent, (for he had drawn away many after him,) and he sought also to beguile Eve… (And he spake by the mouth of the serpent)” (Moses 4:6-7). This suggests that Satan had some sort of influence upon an actual snake in the Garden of Eden. And that through this actual, literal snake Satan spoke to Eve.
The fact that Satan possessed the body of a snake to beguile our first parents is what gave him forever after the title, “that old serpent.” Bruce R. McConkie taught this when he wrote, “Since the day in which Satan spoke by the mouth of the serpent to entice Eve to partake of the forbidden fruit (Moses 4:5-21), Satan has been called ‘that old serpent.’ (Rev. 12:9; 20:2; D. & C. 76:28; 88:110.) Choice of the name is excellent, indicating as it does a cunning, sly, subtle, and deceitful craftiness.” (Mormon Doctrine, 2d ed., p. 704.) No doubt the stealth and slyness of the serpent suited Satan’s demeanor, and so he chose to take its form as he attempted to bring ruination to Adam and Eve.
To say that Satan did not actually take the form of a snake destroys much of the meaning of many phrases in the Garden of Eden story. Certainly the rebuke God gave the serpent (Satan) was intended for the devil and not just snakes. But it was given in the context of a serpent, comparing Satan to the reptile in whose body he entered. For instance, “thou shalt be cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life” (Moses 4:20) and “he [the seed of Eve] shall bruise thy [the serpent’s] head, and thou [the serpent] shalt bruise his [mankind’s] heel” (Moses 4:21). This means, no doubt, that Satan and his minions will have power to afflict man in diverse ways, but unto mankind will be given a Savior to overcome Satan.
Also, the woman confessed to God that, “the serpent beguiled me” (Moses 4:19). This utterance would have made no sense if a snake had nothing to do with her conversation with Satan. Therefore, from this reasoning and the plain statements in Moses chapter 4, we can be sure that Satan used the medium of a literal snake to converse with Eve.

Demonic Possession of Animals

What happened in the Garden of Eden was that Satan entered into the body of the serpent and spoke to Eve through the serpent. When an evil spirit takes possession of a body it is commonly called demonic possession. That it in reality happens on occasion need not be reinforced here. But the question is, can it happen to animals? The answer, according to scripture, is yes. In the Gospels is given the peculiar account of the devils calling themselves “Legion,” who possessed the body of some poor man. When Jesus cast them out, an interesting thing happened:

And there was there an herd of many swine feeding on the mountain: and they besought him that he would suffer them to enter into them. And he suffered them. Then went the devils out of the man, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the lake, and were choked. (Luke 8:32-33)

Animals and the Power of Speech

Was Eve surprised when a serpent began talking to her? Perhaps not. At this time in the earth’s existence, it was in a paradisiacal state and animals and men lived in harmony together, as they will again in the Millennium (Isaiah 11:6-9; 65:17-25, D&C 101:26). In such a paradise, it is conceivable that animals will have the power to communicate. This idea is strengthened in the fact that the Lord opened the mouth of a beast of burden so that it spoke to its master:

And Balaam rose up in the morning, ...
The snake foot with five toes is really creepy. :P

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

Bottom line is that he's preaching that Eve committed adultery. Those who believe this crap are deceived in a very big way

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Truly, it is a shock to the system, but sometimes truth hurts. :(

Here is a snippet from a long article employing Strong’s Concordance.
http://worldeventsandthebible.com/2013/10/the-garden-of-eden-origins-of-satans.html wrote:
Genesis 4:2
2 “And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.”

“Again” is Strong’s word 3254 and it means to “continue.” She continued in labor, and gave birth to Abel. Cain, Satan’s son and Abel, Adam’s son were fraternal twins, they were brought forth from the same labor. We will document that further from God’s Word. Check with your medical doctor, fraternal twins can come from two different fathers in one pregnancy, this is called “superfecundation“.

Genesis 4:3
3 “And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD.”

Cain brought fruit of the ground as an offering to the Lord, but He did not bring his best.

Genesis 4:4
4 “And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:”

Abel brought his firstlings and the fattest of his flock as an offering before the Lord, he brought his best. Notice, Cain and Abel reached the age of maturity at the same time by their sequential offerings, documenting they were in fact fraternal twins.
Anyone have any insight about “Age of Maturity” :?:

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

LdsMarco wrote: November 30th, 2017, 9:54 am Bottom line is that he's preaching that Eve committed adultery. Those who believe this crap are deceived in a very big way
I totally, completely, and wholeheartedly agree with you, 100%.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

*headbang*
Cain was not Satan's seed in the physical sense. He was in a spiritual sense, though. Just as we can become sons of God by obeying God, Cain became Satan's son by obeying him. (see the Pearl of Great Price).

Also, there is nothing in the scriptures that says they offered their very first sacrifice to God at the exact same time. It says, in the PofGP that Satan told Cain to offer up the sacrifice. He was obeying Satan, not God (and I doubt that was the first time he obeyed Satan's voice). They could have both offered up sacrifices to God in the past, many times, but that isn't mentioned because this one was the one that made all the difference to the storyline. Who offered up the sacrifice for the first time in his life was not important, thus was not included.

Also, another false belief people have who don't have or accept the Pearl of Great Price is that Cain and Abel were the only two kids Adam and Eve had (before Seth). If you read the book, you can see that by the time Cain was born his brothers and sisters were married, and probably had children of their own.

Also, Eve said that she had gotten a man from the Lord. Did she really say this when Cain was born? The scriptures don't give a time reference. What if Cain was righteous (and that's why Eve said it; note she said "man" not "child"), but then Satan began to take over his heart? What if the reason he was jealous of his brother was because he saw that his brother began to be more righteous than him (as Cain increased in darkness and Abel increased in light)?

BeNotDeceived wrote: November 30th, 2017, 9:39 pm Truly, it is a shock to the system, but sometimes truth hurts. :(

Here is a snippet from a long article employing Strong’s Concordance.
http://worldeventsandthebible.com/2013/10/the-garden-of-eden-origins-of-satans.html wrote:
Genesis 4:2
2 “And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.”

“Again” is Strong’s word 3254 and it means to “continue.” She continued in labor, and gave birth to Abel. Cain, Satan’s son and Abel, Adam’s son were fraternal twins, they were brought forth from the same labor. We will document that further from God’s Word. Check with your medical doctor, fraternal twins can come from two different fathers in one pregnancy, this is called “superfecundation“.

Genesis 4:3
3 “And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD.”

Cain brought fruit of the ground as an offering to the Lord, but He did not bring his best.

Genesis 4:4
4 “And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:”

Abel brought his firstlings and the fattest of his flock as an offering before the Lord, he brought his best. Notice, Cain and Abel reached the age of maturity at the same time by their sequential offerings, documenting they were in fact fraternal twins.
Anyone have any insight about “Age of Maturity” :?: