Which gentile are or were you? And if you are of the blood line of israel have you layed hold upon lineaged blessings ?

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
diligently seeking
captain of 1,000

Which gentile are or were you? And if you are of the blood line of israel have you layed hold upon lineaged blessings ?

Post by diligently seeking »

D&C 109

58 That from among all these, thy servants, the sons of Jacob, may gather out the righteous to build a holy city to thy name, as thou hast commanded them.
59 We ask thee to appoint unto Zion other stakes besides this one which thou hast appointed, that the gathering of thy people may roll on in great power and majesty, that thy work may be cut short in righteousness.
60 Now these words, O Lord, we have spoken before thee, concerning the revelations and commandments which thou hast given unto us, who are identified with the Gentiles...

Joseph Smith taught that when “the Holy Ghost falls upon one of the literal seed of Abraham, it is calm and serene; . . . while the effect of the Holy Ghost upon a Gentile, is to purge out the old blood, and make him actually of the seed of Abraham. That man that has none of the blood of Abraham (naturally) must have a new creation by the Holy Ghost.” (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, ed. Joseph Fielding Smith [Salt Lake City: Deseret Book Co., 1972], pp. 149–150.)

In 2 nephi 28 and 29--- Nephi speaks to the only two groups of gentiles that exsist. First in chapter 28 those who have the gospel and secondly those who do not have the gospel. He wraps up his words to these two groups of gentiles and the house of Irael by saying this:

2nephi 33
13 And now, my beloved brethren, all those who are of the house of Israel, and all ye ends of the earth, I speak unto you as the voice of one crying from the dust: Farewell until that great day shall come.
14 And you that will not partake of the goodness of God, and respect the words of the Jews, and also my words, and the words which shall proceed forth out of the mouth of the Lamb of God, behold, I bid you an everlasting farewell, for these words shall condemn you at the last day.
15 For what I seal on earth, shall be brought against you at the judgment bar; for thus hath the Lord commanded me, and I must obey. Amen.

Nephi this great if not the greatest advocate of being founded on the rock of Christ and shaking at the thought of reliance upon the arm of the flesh--- speaks incredibly clear and powerfully of becoming redeemed changed and among those who the promised blessings of eternal life and exaltation / the seed of Abraham comes through.

The times of the Gentiles are very shortly coming to an end. The baton through prophesied events... will be placed securely in the hands of the seed of Jacob. We want to find ourselves as repentant changed gentiles adopted in to the house of Israel and become apart of this seed of Jacob which will usher in and establish Zion / the millennial reign / the King of God upon the earth that the meek and changed / converted will inherit, and Christ will rule and reign as king of kings and Lord of lords.

A careful and prayerfully study of the isaiah chapters in 2nephi and nephis words 2nephi 25 to the end chapter 33 etc will help to motivate the desire for scales to fall from our eyes and desire to be where the Lord would have us to be...

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Which gentile are or were you? And if you are of the blood line of israel have you layed hold upon lineaged blessing

Post by Robin Hood »

My PB says "you are choice in the House of Israel... for you are one that has come through the loins of Ephraim, bringing with it all the blessings of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, which is of great worth".

Therefore I don't think I'm any kind of Gentile.