Mormon’s Framing of Alma’s Story in the Context of a Vision

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Mormon’s Framing of Alma’s Story in the Context of a Vision

Post by oneClimbs »

http://oneclimbs.com/2017/11/08/mormons ... -a-vision/

I came across something in the Book of Mormon recently and want to share it with the forum. I've been pretty excited about this and had a lot of fun researching it and I think I've only scratched the surface. There are many other places you could go with the premise I am seeking to demonstrate. To sum it up, I think I found some pretty compelling evidence that Mormon intentionally framed the story of Alma the Elder around the framework of Lehi and Nephi's visions involving the tree of life. Future study needs to be done to see if he does this elsewhere and why he would do it. I have a theory that I explain at the end.

BTW, I'm not trying to "get clicks" or traffic on my blog, it's a personal study journal where I share ideas and I don't generate any revenue from it. I can care less about getting traffic, I'm only interested in sharing and there are just too many edits I'd have to make to post it here and redo all the text styling and quotes, etc.

Anyway, I'm interested in feedback and things I may have missed.

inho
captain of 1,000

Re: Mormon’s Framing of Alma’s Story in the Context of a Vision

Post by inho »

Very interesting. Some of the parallels alone seem like a stretch to me. Nevertheless, all the parallels together are much more convincing.

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Re: Mormon’s Framing of Alma’s Story in the Context of a Vision

Post by oneClimbs »

inho wrote: November 9th, 2017, 6:40 am Very interesting. Some of the parallels alone seem like a stretch to me. Nevertheless, all the parallels together are much more convincing.
Yeah, I pointed out several of them that seem like a stretch alone, I admit that they do. But I'm glad that you noticed what I did when you look at all of them together, especially in light of some of the stronger ones. I'll bet a much closer examination would yield better results.