A New Direction

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Arenera
captain of 1,000

Re: A New Direction

Post by Arenera »

The new curriculum brings exciting changes to our Sunday meetings that build on Teaching in the Savior’s Way.

Our first-Sunday meeting will be a time to counsel together about our responsibilities, opportunities, and challenges as we do the work of the Lord.

On other Sundays, instead of a new Teachings of Presidents of the Church manual, we will focus on teaching messages from the most recent general conference and a topic selected by our general Church leaders.

But these changes aren’t just the topics we will study—the new curriculum also affects how we prepare, teach, counsel and learn together, and receive and act on inspiration.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

JaredBees wrote: November 5th, 2017, 7:40 am Reacquaint yourself with D&C 84 for more "context" which was written just two years after Section 1.
That is also taken way out of todays context. You continually look for fault and then cant find it so invent it - the scriptures you use are plainly out of context any primary kid could see it.

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

I’m looking forward to try new approaches at church.

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

I really like arranging chairs in a circle, I think that is a small thing that makes a big difference. It changes the context from a lecture to a group discussion. I’m interested that one day will be devoted to community efforts; I think that could be a powerful thing. We can never be too involved in our communities, and it turns our religious practice outwards.