It is true

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
drtanner
captain of 1,000

It is true

Post by drtanner »

Had a meeting with a small group of people and a temple president whom I won't name who is just finishing his tenure. There was something unique in his testimony, I have heard many leaders teach and testify, but immediately as he started to talk I experienced an overwhelming rush of the spirit. So much so that I started to look around and see if others were experiencing the same intensity of feeling. A good friend sitting across the row looked at me and nodded as to say, yes I am feeling that. This had less to do with his calling and more to do with how this man lives his life. You could tell that this man was a clean and pure vessel for the holy ghost and had a real relationship with the savior, especially because of the way he phrased his testimony of him and the accompanied feeling.

We were also sitting by a friend who was baptized last week and after the meeting he made the comment that by the end he felt like he was going to float out of the building and kept talking about the power of the mans testimony. (this man has an amazing conversion story, and was traveling the country homeless on a bike a month ago and was picked up by another friend of mine, taken to dinner which turned into an 8 hour gospel discussion, which turned into lots of questions and a true life changing conversion experience) The reason I share this is another witness from someone outside of the "culture" and "tradition" of the church who felt the same power.

It is true.

The temple is a witness that the church has the authority to act on behalf of God to bind on earth and Heaven. It did not end with Joseph. The keys are real and operative in this church and critical for our own salvation. It starts with Ordinances and Covenants and continues as we do what is necessary to qualify for the blessing through the status of our heart and relationship with Christ.

Some things this temple president shared:

-We don't return home without the temple (think of the significance of this statement)
-Reverence is more than being quiet, it is worship, gratitude, praise to the Lord
-How can we not give a man 1 hour of our time in reverence and awe who was nailed to the cross and suffered everything for us (speaking of the sacrament)
-Lay down your weapons of rebellion; don't become an exception to the law, commandments, will of the Lord.
-The greatest gift you can give yourself is a clear conscious as you sincerely apply the atonement of Christ.
Last edited by drtanner on October 30th, 2017, 11:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Re: It is true

Post by Arenera »

Great message dr!

Yahtzee
captain of 100

Re: It is true

Post by Yahtzee »

It never ceases to amaze me how powerful those witnesses from the spirit are. Thank you for posting that