General Conference - Men in Apr, Women in Oct

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Re: General Conference - Men in Apr, Women in Oct

Post by kittycat51 »

Interesting. I know in some instances I get "meetinged" out but I have always enjoyed the women's session. I do like how the Church is trying to simplify things. Just waiting for them to go to a 2 hour block minus Sunday School.... :P

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

Interesting indeed. Less meetings is always better.

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

I like it. It makes sense. I think it will benefit everyone.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

I don't like it... Wait, that means I will get yelled at once a year and not twice--I'm all for it!!

With two meetings, I just see the majority of people going home and breaking the Sabbath even more...

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

How about they reduce the number of meetings for the lay ministry portion of the Church. Along with that change how about they stop competing with families with non revealed programs like scouts.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

Vision wrote: October 31st, 2017, 8:54 am How about they reduce the number of meetings for the lay ministry portion of the Church. Along with that change how about they stop competing with families with non revealed programs like scouts.
I think there are too many meetings also.

Yahtzee
captain of 100

Post by Yahtzee »

My bishop says there's more changes on the way. This is just the beginning. The church really wants to make it easy for us to keep the Sabbath Day holy. He didn't elaborate much more than that, but it made me want to recommit to making it more of the Lord's Day.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Yahtzee wrote: October 31st, 2017, 9:31 am My bishop says there's more changes on the way. This is just the beginning. The church really wants to make it easy for us to keep the Sabbath Day holy. He didn't elaborate much more than that, but it made me want to recommit to making it more of the Lord's Day.
I think this is speculation on your bishop's part.
I've heard nothing.

Yahtzee
captain of 100

Post by Yahtzee »

Robin Hood wrote: October 31st, 2017, 10:15 am
Yahtzee wrote: October 31st, 2017, 9:31 am My bishop says there's more changes on the way. This is just the beginning. The church really wants to make it easy for us to keep the Sabbath Day holy. He didn't elaborate much more than that, but it made me want to recommit to making it more of the Lord's Day.
I think this is speculation on your bishop's part.
I've heard nothing.
He's really not the type to speculate. He had been at a stake meeting that morning with a 70 where they said that. Now, what kind of changes? No idea. I don't see the U.S. staying in scouting, but that is definitely speculation. But he said there's more coming with the intent to help us keep the Sabbath Day holy.