Deleted

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: How can we see Jesus?

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Ask

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

CelestialAngel wrote: October 21st, 2017, 10:57 am
BeNotDeceived wrote: October 21st, 2017, 12:46 amAsk
I don't know if I'm worthy enough to ask.
Is anyone? Even the best, most righteous among us would still be consigned to hell without the merciful atonement of Jesus Christ interceding for them. If you have the sincere desire to ask, do so - but also be aware that with such a blessing will come equal and daunting opposition. Many are not able to handle the opposition and fall, leaving them in a worse position than before they saw Christ. That is not to discourage anyone - just being real about what will be involved should your desire be granted.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

CelestialAngel wrote: October 21st, 2017, 1:14 pm
EmmaLee wrote: October 21st, 2017, 11:32 am
Is anyone? Even the best, most righteous among us would still be consigned to hell without the merciful atonement of Jesus Christ interceding for them. If you have the sincere desire to ask, do so - but also be aware that with such a blessing will come equal and daunting opposition. Many are not able to handle the opposition and fall, leaving them in a worse position than before they saw Christ. That is not to discourage anyone - just being real about what will be involved should your desire be granted.
So you think seeing Jesus in mortality comes with big risks?
Of course. There is opposition in all things, and the greater/more important the thing, the greater/more intense the opposition. There is balance in everything. If Christ visits you in mortality, you can also expect a visit (or 10) by his counterpart.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

I don't know if I'm worthy enough to ask. I've felt Jesus love completely. Felt. But I've never seen Christ with my spiritual eyes or natural eyes but I will still always believe in Christ even if I never see the Lord with my eyes in mortality.
I feel the same way, but neither of us has to. I have a friend who hasn't provided all the details, but had Jesus show up in a vision while in a very bad environment and high on drugs. This vision helped her start turning her life around.

If you really want to see our Savior but don't feel worthy, ask for help advancing to a point where you will feel worthy to ask for such a vision. Maybe also review this conference talk:
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... t?lang=eng

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Three key chapters in the Book of Mormon will tell you:

1. 2 Nephi 32
2. Ether 4
3. Moroni 7

If you've read these three chapters a hundred times, you might begin to understand. If you read them with the Spirit, once might be enough.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

EmmaLee wrote: October 21st, 2017, 1:27 pm
CelestialAngel wrote: October 21st, 2017, 1:14 pm
EmmaLee wrote: October 21st, 2017, 11:32 am

So you think seeing Jesus in mortality comes with big risks?
Of course. There is opposition in all things, and the greater/more important the thing, the greater/more intense the opposition. There is balance in everything. If Christ visits you in mortality, you can also expect a visit (or 10) by his counterpart.
Chances are His counterpart will show up first; hint = post count at time of board crash, etc.

Suggestion, draft eleven replies and quickly post them when your post count reaches 659. :o

Also drive eleven miles when your odometer ends with 659.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

:lol: ^^

Indeed. I walked out of the store today after spending $6.66 - the cashier literally crossed herself when she read out the total, bless her.

But yes, you're right - it's more likely that the adversary will show up beforehand - that is very true.

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

Shoot for being baptized by fire and the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost will bring you to Christ and tell you everything that you need to do. Make sure you have been baptized by fire and the Holy Ghost first.

-Finrock

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

A member posted 11 times on October 28 :P

For real, avoid even the appearance of evil. :)

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Seeing Jesus is soon to be a much more common experience, as we shall soon witness the fulfilling of President Ezra Taft Bensons words. (see https://www.lds.org/ensign/1987/04/news ... s?lang=eng)

We simply have to be where Christ will come. I suppose the preparations will include having a good pair of walking shoes and the faith to make the trek when the opportunity presents it’s self… As President Benson said, “You are the generation that must be prepared to meet your God”.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

If we had an Ldsfreedomforum get together, I think he would come and rebuke us again. 👀