Deleted

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: Are Ouija boards evil?

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Yes

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

I think it's bad, I did play with one as a kid,
Brought Grandma back. J/K

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Of course they are.

LukeAir2008
captain of 1,000

Post by LukeAir2008 »

When I was at High School, a bunch of girls and one guy ended up playing with a Ouija board. They said that the glass started to move and they all started screaming and shouting and then one of them said, who is it? Who’s there? The glass started to move again and spelled out - L - U - C - I - ..... One of them then said - what do you want us to do? The glass moved again and spelled out BURN DOWN THE CHURCH, and so the boy, Bobby, who I’d known since I was 10, went and burned down a Church.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Only time I seen people get the game to work is if the people playing the game are superstitious or if the person lives with fears based on religious narratives they believe.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

They were made by the same people who made Monopoly, they still hold the patent for it.
I don't believe in evil board games or any such nonsense like that.

Serragon
captain of 1,000

Post by Serragon »

Any device or object that is used to create or increase faith in Satan and his minions is evil.

The materials that make it aren't evil. But the object cannot be separated from its purpose.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Absolutely they are.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

CelestialAngel wrote: October 20th, 2017, 5:14 pm Why did Toys R Us sell it?
$$

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Because they were making money off of it.

I am not confident that Ouija boards are evil. They just plain exist.
How and why people use them is what invites evil.

There has been research where people use these things while blindfolded and nothing meaningful happens. This suggests to me that people are, intentionally or otherwise, inviting evil spirits to help them move the moving part. I don't know if this is true, so I provide it only as personal ideas.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Joel wrote: October 20th, 2017, 4:30 pm Only time I seen people get the game to work is if the people playing the game are superstitious or if the person lives with fears based on religious narratives they believe.

When my friend wanted to get one, I didn't believe it would work. It quickly changed my mind. We were engineering students at the U and decided to test it with 4 digit multiplication problems. I'd write one down, say 4911 and he would too.

We tried asking it the product of the two numbers without telling it what they were. It was wrong. Then we would tell it the two random numbers, and it was still wrong, and became very angry. I left it sitting on my dresser and my psycho cat sprayed it, and also sprayed my car, which then vapor locked and made my life a living hell. Finally Firestone replaced the fuel pump, but my life was destroyed by then. Stay away, although it did open my eyes, it wasn't worth it.

Arandur
captain of 100

Post by Arandur »

Haven't had personal experience with them, but I know people who have. They're certainly not good.

In any case, considering what there is to lose and how little there is to gain, it's not worth the risk.

captainfearnot
captain of 1,000

Post by captainfearnot »

I grew up with lots of Baptist kids who believed the Smurfs were evil. And there was always plenty of Smurfs merchandise at Toys R Us.

The LDS Church used to teach that dice and face cards were evil. And they've always been available at Toys R Us.

Secular retail chains base their product lineup on prevailing community standards, not the peccadilloes of a few ultra-religious. And the majority of American society views face cards, Smurfs, and Ouija boards as harmless fun. If one special interest group could prevail on them to stop selling pretend occult toys, another would no doubt demand that they stop selling toy guns.

Part of being "in the world but not of the world" means that walking around outside you're going to see lots of stuff treated by the world as normal, which you know to be evil.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Forward to 1:12:40 - Smurfs are zombie homosexuals

Christian fundamentalists expose evil toys and cartoons! Phil Phillips on the left (author of Turmoil in the Toybox), and pastor Gary Greenwald on the right who hosts the show. This show was made in 1984.

Index:
1:10 - Scooby-Doo
9:25 - He-Man
12:53 - God isn't Master of the Universe
15:52 - Skeletor Snake Mountain toy
28:15 - Classic kids commercials
31:00 - Demonic Rainbow Brite and GI Joe cereal
32:35 - Kids taking on the occult with He-Man toys
33:11 - She-Ra
39:22 - Thundercats, Hinduism and Paganism
47:35 - Ken and Barbie
50:16 - Dungeons and Dragons
57:33 - Blackstar
58:30 - The Infaceables
59:12 - Sectaurs
1:02:07 - Star Wars, Odin, and Witchcraft
1:03:28 - ET The Extra Terrestrial, occult movie
1:05:30 - Comic book heroes, Golden Girl
1:08:19 - GI Joe
1:11:23 - Rambo
1:12:40 - Smurfs are zombie homosexuals
1:15:00 - Care Bears
1:16:45 - The Littles
1:18:10 - My Little Pony
1:19:45 - Rainbow Brite is humanistic
1:20:55 - Voltron
1:27:24 - Transformers
1:31:00 - You're cursed, closing prayer.

mcusick
captain of 100

Post by mcusick »

"All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient."

captainfearnot
captain of 1,000

Post by captainfearnot »

Along with asking why they can be found at Toys R Us, we might ask why they show up in Norman Rockwell paintings. If they are so evil.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

I wouldn’t play with one.

I have had reasons to believe that the spirit world is within reach, but the type of spirits that resonate with ego-based demands are not the type of spirits I’d want around - especially since so often once you call one, they won’t go away easily. Of course some people want to learn this the hard way.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

This is What Happens When You Blindfold Ouija Board Believers

Post by Joel »

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

I'm asking my Ouija board if it's evil, I will let you know..

watchthewatchers
captain of 10

Post by watchthewatchers »

You mean this stuff? All over the Halloween stores this year. Need to buy some for white elephant gifts come Christmas. :D
Ouija.jpg
Ouija.jpg (115.73 KiB) Viewed 1838 times

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Craig Johnson
captain of 1,000

Post by Craig Johnson »

CelestialAngel wrote: October 20th, 2017, 1:57 pm They used to sell Ouijia boards at my local Toys R Us and when I was a kid there were commercials aimed at kids usinng Ouijia boards with the pitch in the commercial that none of the kids knew who was moving it. So we have young kids playing with Ouijia boards. Isn't that bad?
If you are in a field and you encounter a rattlesnake and you bend down and kiss it on it's non-lips, then and only then would it be okay to use a ouija board.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

Ouija boards only have the power that you believe they have. If you believe it has none then they are nothing more than cardboard and plastic.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Elizabeth wrote: October 20th, 2017, 2:53 pm Of course they are.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

They're owned by the people who own monopoly, it's nonsense, utter nonsense.
It's like saying tarot cards are evil (fun fact they originally began as a card game similar to Old Maid I think).
If I thought a chair was evil because I was convinced it brought ghosts, would it be evil?

Things like that have as much power as you give them, otherwise its just stupid wood and plastic.