Finding Faith Through Hard Times

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Alexander1983
captain of 10

Finding Faith Through Hard Times

Post by Alexander1983 »

This is my second post on this forum, I am here seeking for prayers and fasting. This year has been a roller coaster in our family. I have 2 boys and baby girl on the way. When the news broke that we were going to have a little princess, I was SUPER excited. There is no bigger blessings than to have your children next to you and see them grow in the gospel. The Lord has truly blessed us, and our family has overcome many obstacles.

Just yesterday, we have received some news that no parent would like to hear. Our little girl is due on Jan of 2018. Through the ultrasound even though my wife been 23 weeks pregnant, the results were terrifying. Been only an assumption, and nothing really definitive, we were crushed. These are the results; agenesis of the corpus callosum & possible fetal growth restriction. Oh how devastated we were. If there are any doctors reading this they would understand the circumstances. Trials and tribulations can happen and will, it is part of life. At this point I have known people that would be mad at our Heavenly Father and ask the why me question. This is not the case with me. I will accept no matter what the outcome maybe, and here is the why, because I love the Savior.

Doctrine and Covenants 124:13 "Let him, therefore, hearken to your counsel, and I will bless him with a multiplicity of blessings; let him be faithful and true in all things from henceforth, and he shall be great in mine eyes;". I am even shaking a little bit while I write this. But I know I feel comfort in him. I would ask for prayers and fasting for our situation that we are going through. And those that are going through hard times, remember that his love will be there to surround you.

Alex

diligently seeking
captain of 1,000

Re: Finding Faith Through Hard Times

Post by diligently seeking »

Prayers love and fasting your way my brother. Alex, as you know-- in this time of great need for you and yours--- what a blessing it has been and will be for all of you to feel after Christ all the more in your difficulty. For those who remain in a meek and lowly state of being comes great visitations of Christ's grace... I sincerely acknowledge you are hurt and sense of grief at this time . The Lord's choicest blessings for you and yours will be my prayer for you. Your brother----" in The Fellowship of our suffering Christ"

Jared

drtanner
captain of 1,000

Post by drtanner »

Alexander1983 wrote: October 10th, 2017, 9:10 pm This is my second post on this forum, I am here seeking for prayers and fasting. This year has been a roller coaster in our family. I have 2 boys and baby girl on the way. When the news broke that we were going to have a little princess, I was SUPER excited. There is no bigger blessings than to have your children next to you and see them grow in the gospel. The Lord has truly blessed us, and our family has overcome many obstacles.

Just yesterday, we have received some news that no parent would like to hear. Our little girl is due on Jan of 2018. Through the ultrasound even though my wife been 23 weeks pregnant, the results were terrifying. Been only an assumption, and nothing really definitive, we were crushed. These are the results; agenesis of the corpus callosum & possible fetal growth restriction. Oh how devastated we were. If there are any doctors reading this they would understand the circumstances. Trials and tribulations can happen and will, it is part of life. At this point I have known people that would be mad at our Heavenly Father and ask the why me question. This is not the case with me. I will accept no matter what the outcome maybe, and here is the why, because I love the Savior.

Doctrine and Covenants 124:13 "Let him, therefore, hearken to your counsel, and I will bless him with a multiplicity of blessings; let him be faithful and true in all things from henceforth, and he shall be great in mine eyes;". I am even shaking a little bit while I write this. But I know I feel comfort in him. I would ask for prayers and fasting for our situation that we are going through. And those that are going through hard times, remember that his love will be there to surround you.

Alex
May God be with you and your family Alex. Having lost a child of our own due to unexpected circumstances I can whole heartedly agree that there is nothing that tugs at the heart string quite like this experience. May you be blessed in your prayers, fasting, faith, and priesthood.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

Mosiah 18:8

And it came to pass that he said unto them: Behold, here are the waters of Mormon (for thus were they called) and now, as ye are desirous to come into the fold of God, and to be called his people, and are willing to bear one another’s burdens, that they may be light;

3 Nephi 22:1 / Isaiah 54:1

And then shall that which is written come to pass: Sing, O barren, thou that didst not bear; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child; for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, saith the Lord. (In the Spirit World those that have lost children will be like Job that has his doubled.)

The Story of Job; he lost family members for a time but then they were restored to him double. I don't mean you will lose your family member! I just wanted to give you hope that Job was given back double what he'd lost. You have to have hope that the Lord has a future in mind. I've learned that this is the meaning of hope to. Hope means that with living faith in Christ, that Heavenly Father is opening doors for the faithful to have a future.

“For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth…In my flesh shall I see God.” (Job 19:23-26) “And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die.” John 11: 25-26
“In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you …that where I am, there ye may be also.” (John 14:2-3)
For it is by faith that miracles are wrought; and it is by faith that angels appear and minister unto men; wherefore, if these things have ceased wo be unto the children of men, for it is because of unbelief, and all is vain. Moroni 7:33, 36

Sometimes we hit a wall and it looks like the wall its just like that big hurricane coming at us like how it did at Houston. It looks bigger than life. And it looks like it will chew us up and spit us out. But if we're centered on bedrock faith it's going to be OK. Enduring faith will get you through it and that's sometimes the only thing that gets us through things like what you are experiencing. Then you'll go share that love from Christ you felt while getting through it with someone else that needs it.
Last edited by gardener4life on October 11th, 2017, 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

Yes truly we do find faith through hard times, the wisdom in leaning on and loving the Savior is the only thing that will see you through whatever is in the path you must walk. When people say "why me?" my response is "why not" we all suffer. We just buried our 2nd son this summer. The lessons I learned expanded my soul, learning to endure "in the trial of our faith"is the test. As you reach out know that our prayers are with you. You are not alone, you will learn to recognize others who walk your path and give the succor that is so needed in times of darkness. May you and your family be blessed to feel the Saviors peace and comfort.

Alexander1983
captain of 10

Post by Alexander1983 »

Thank you all for your comments, and do appreciate the scriptural references. I am glad to see, the great news lately is that after tests were ran early last week, looks like she does not suffer any infections or genetic defects! but yet there is still more tests to do, my daughter still might suffer from something horrible, and we don't know yet (which is the scariest part) There are about 4 more tests to go and an ultrasound follow up on Nov 6, I will keep you all updated in the meantime, please keep praying and fasting for our little girl. Her name is Mailee Elizabeth.