Interesting news article on Mississippi River going dry

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Re: Interesting news article on Mississippi River going dry

Post by Alaris »

gardener4life wrote: October 2nd, 2017, 10:44 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9hxZTwpndU

Curious what people think...
It's another another another another coincidence along with the volcano eruption that the mass media has been largely ignoring.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

gardener4life wrote: October 2nd, 2017, 10:44 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9hxZTwpndU

Curious what people think...
Like he said in the video, there was flooding mere months ago. Floods leave new sandbars. For him to call those sandbars "river bottom" is disingenuous or misinformed, in my opinion. I didn't see anything that led me to think the river is drying up.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

I believe it may have something to do with a pole shift.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

alaris wrote: October 3rd, 2017, 1:44 am I believe it may have something to do with a pole shift.
If what he is saying is true - the obvious geological cause is the New Madrid fault. There are many prophecies that the US is going to be broken up in the last days and the understanding is that the fault line all the way from the Gulf of Mexico to the great lakes will open up completely and become a sea channel -so one could sail to Zion which is also fulfilment of scripture. The ensuing Tsunami is what wipes 'Zion' clean for the building of the New Jerusalem.

A little known fact is that the Mississippi actually ran backwards in early 1800. These things are worth noting, if there is truth to the vid clip things are getting very serious....

Doctrine and Covenants 121:33
33 How long can rolling waters remain impure? What power shall stay the heavens? As well might man stretch forth his puny arm to stop the Missouri river in its decreed course, or to turn it up stream, as to hinder the Almighty from pouring down knowledge from heaven upon the heads of the

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-hist ... ississippi
On this day in 1812, the most violent of a series of earthquakes near Missouri causes a so-called fluvial tsunami in the Mississippi River, actually making the river run backward for several hours. The series of tremors, which took place between December 1811 and March 1812, were the most powerful in the history of the United States.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

Many have seen it in vision even out of the church.

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

I can say some of the nuttiest things I've ever seen have been on this website.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

Seek the Truth wrote: October 3rd, 2017, 3:29 am I can say some of the nuttiest things I've ever seen have been on this website.
well on occasions "Truth can be stranger than fiction", I just thought I would stir up the fear factor..

I did some proof reading/checking of other sites, the Mississippi does have low water levels - but due to lack of rain in the right catchments. Drought and floods also precede the tribulations - wherever one looks there is a mess.

https://www.dtnpf.com/agriculture/web/a ... ls-falling
U.S. soybean harvest is in full gear, and corn harvest is not far behind. However, water levels on the river system are becoming dangerously low, and in some cases, have temporarily stopped barges from moving.
One would think that with heavy rains coming from both Harvey and Irma that flooded major cities and towns, the Mississippi River and its tributaries should have plenty of water. There's only one problem: Those historical rains never reached the major rivers to affect water levels.
"During the last month, conditions unexpectedly turned dry through most of the U.S. The only location that experienced significant rain activity was the Deep South due to passing tropical storms," said Tom Russell of the Russell Marine Group.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

Seek the Truth wrote: October 3rd, 2017, 3:29 am I can say some of the nuttiest things I've ever seen have been on this website.
Maybe....but there are other videos showing that too. Also the Mr.BBB or whatever who did that video also did a lot of the hurricane footage this year with his videos. So he's been around and has a bit of credibility. :) shrug?

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

It's the end of the world! The sky is falling! We'll all be killed!

There now let's get back to our regular posting.

Driving or motorcycle riding from Los Angeles to Utah passes the Muddy River and the Virgin River. Which always prompts me to sign Muddy River based on Moody River, and the Muddy River Don't Run Dry based on Willie Nelson's Whiskey River.

So there's your song. Mississippi River Don't Run Dry based on Willie Nelson's Whiskey River.
dc

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

David13 wrote: October 3rd, 2017, 9:26 am It's the end of the world! The sky is falling! We'll all be killed!

There now let's get back to our regular posting.

Driving or motorcycle riding from Los Angeles to Utah passes the Muddy River and the Virgin River. Which always prompts me to sign Muddy River based on Moody River, and the Muddy River Don't Run Dry based on Willie Nelson's Whiskey River.

So there's your song. Mississippi River Don't Run Dry based on Willie Nelson's Whiskey River.
So long as the drugs and booze does not run out everything is ok and the end is not night.

I am not expecting the end but a dawn of a new beginning that is going to have a difficult birthing process. The sooner it starts the better, we are caring far to heavy at the moment..

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

Update on the Mississippi River above the New Madrid fault. Dry in places and very close to record lows.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

There is a strong correlation between solar minimum cycles and major earthquakes on the New Madrid fault line. We are currently deep into a solar minimum so things are not looking good. Hydrographs showing water levels dropping in the active Madrid seismic area, and an increase in tremors and earthquakes. Things are not looking good for something big to happen.

Solar Grand Minima & the New Madrid Seismic Zone
https://action.larouchepac.com/solar_gr ... ismic_zone

kgrigio
captain of 100

Post by kgrigio »

My house is two miles from the Mississippi and I drive over the Mississippi every morning and evening for work and occasionally go fishing on the river. It is not going dry. Before the lock and dam system the river always went dry at certain times of the year and today, it’s water level varies depending on how the Corp of engineers manages the water levels as various points in the river. There was major flooding just north of the area outline in one of the above pictures this past spring and they did all they could to relieve the pressure and in some area water is still needing to drain. The barges keep moving up and down the river everyday. Sorry, nothing to see here.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

kgrigio wrote: October 10th, 2017, 5:52 pm My house is two miles from the Mississippi and I drive over the Mississippi every morning and evening for work and occasionally go fishing on the river. It is not going dry. Before the lock and dam system the river always went dry at certain times of the year and today, it’s water level varies depending on how the Corp of engineers manages the water levels as various points in the river. There was major flooding just north of the area outline in one of the above pictures this past spring and they did all they could to relieve the pressure and in some area water is still needing to drain. The barges keep moving up and down the river everyday. Sorry, nothing to see here.
You might want to review your response, the agri sectors is giving constant updates. In Australia the driest winter on record has continued into spring. In South Africa there have bee major storms with flooding and tornado destroying houses that are very rare,

Weekly Grain Update – October 3, 2017
http://www.chslarsencooperative.com/com ... atestnews/
The USDA came out with its Quarterly Grain Stocks report on Friday and pegged corn at 2.295 B bu and beans at 301 M bu. These numbers indicate the final amount of corn and beans left over before the new crop year starts on September 1st. As a comparison, the final numbers from last year were 1.737 B bu of corn and 197 M beans. These numbers indicate that there are very ample supplies of corn and a slightly tighter bean supply than originally thought. This helps to explain the higher market on Friday as several funds decided to cover their short positions after these numbers were released. However, by the close of the market on Friday, many elevators pre-hedged their anticipated purchases over the weekend, and all of this selling pressured futures right at the close.

The Mississippi and Ohio Rivers continue to struggle with shipping problems during this harvest. The Ohio River is closed at lock 53 as it is broken down. Many areas on the Mississippi are struggling with low water levels, and many have hit bottom on their way to the Gulf. The lower water level is forcing all barge loaders to only partially fill their barges so they have lower drafts and so they don’t bottom out. All of this is occurring during the most active barge loading season of the year, during October. This is causing excess capacity to not be utilized and more barges are needed to ship the same amount of grain. This is causing barge freight to scream higher as barge freight costs reach levels during 2014. Rumors have surfaced that barges traded at 1300% of tariff today which is a huge number. It will be a long season this year if this situation remains.[/quote]

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Spaced_Out wrote: October 10th, 2017, 8:33 pm
kgrigio wrote: October 10th, 2017, 5:52 pm My house is two miles from the Mississippi and I drive over the Mississippi every morning and evening for work and occasionally go fishing on the river. It is not going dry. Before the lock and dam system the river always went dry at certain times of the year and today, it’s water level varies depending on how the Corp of engineers manages the water levels as various points in the river. There was major flooding just north of the area outline in one of the above pictures this past spring and they did all they could to relieve the pressure and in some area water is still needing to drain. The barges keep moving up and down the river everyday. Sorry, nothing to see here.
You might want to review your response, the agri sectors is giving constant updates. In Australia the driest winter on record has continued into spring. In South Africa there have bee major storms with flooding and tornado destroying houses that are very rare,

Weekly Grain Update – October 3, 2017
http://www.chslarsencooperative.com/com ... atestnews/
The USDA came out with its Quarterly Grain Stocks report on Friday and pegged corn at 2.295 B bu and beans at 301 M bu. These numbers indicate the final amount of corn and beans left over before the new crop year starts on September 1st. As a comparison, the final numbers from last year were 1.737 B bu of corn and 197 M beans. These numbers indicate that there are very ample supplies of corn and a slightly tighter bean supply than originally thought. This helps to explain the higher market on Friday as several funds decided to cover their short positions after these numbers were released. However, by the close of the market on Friday, many elevators pre-hedged their anticipated purchases over the weekend, and all of this selling pressured futures right at the close.

The Mississippi and Ohio Rivers continue to struggle with shipping problems during this harvest. The Ohio River is closed at lock 53 as it is broken down. Many areas on the Mississippi are struggling with low water levels, and many have hit bottom on their way to the Gulf. The lower water level is forcing all barge loaders to only partially fill their barges so they have lower drafts and so they don’t bottom out. All of this is occurring during the most active barge loading season of the year, during October. This is causing excess capacity to not be utilized and more barges are needed to ship the same amount of grain. This is causing barge freight to scream higher as barge freight costs reach levels during 2014. Rumors have surfaced that barges traded at 1300% of tariff today which is a huge number. It will be a long season this year if this situation remains.
I hope kgrigio doesn't reconsider his response and give a lie instead of repeating the truth he gave.

The Ohio river is actually open at lock 53, and was reopened the day after a hydraulic failure caused the closure - which has nothing to do with water levels.
http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/2017/10/02/oh ... okport-il/

The Mississippi River is so quickly running dry that it has recently experienced a negative decrease in water levels at St. Louis!
http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrogra ... gage=EADM7

In Baton Rouge the river is fairly close to historical averages.
http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrogra ... gage=BTRL1

Furthermore, according to the US Army Corps of Engineers Navigation Data Center, October is not consistently "the most active barge loading season of the year."

You have rumors of a 1300% tariff, but those are nothing but rumors. By the way, the Bildeberg group decided they would cause an early freeze of the upper Mississippi to cut off barge traffic so the rest of the world starves. You'll see it stop before Thanksgiving, a month earlier.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

The areas people are saying going dry were not anywhere near Iowa. They stated specific areas.

kgrigio
captain of 100

Post by kgrigio »

gardener4life wrote: October 12th, 2017, 3:34 pm
The areas people are saying going dry were not anywhere near Iowa. They stated specific areas.
I really don't mean to sound snarky or rude, but you do realize we are talking about a river, not lakes or ponds, right? I live north of the areas that are supposedly "drying out" and rivers flow south. Here where I am located, we are full to the brim on the Mississippi. We have had flooding most of the year. Part of the flooding is due to the dams not being fully opened due to flooding in Southern Illinois and they wanted to relieve pressure there, which is why the dams further south, past Saint Louis, were left wide open, to relieve the pressure on the flooded areas and the dams starting just south of us and further north aren't fully open.

My overall point however is, this is a natural cycle. Some years the river is always high, some always low.

Way back before the lock and dam system was in place there were times you could walk across the Mississippi river bed on completely dry ground.

Sometimes the simplest explanation really is the reality of the situation.