The Gospel of Jesus Christ is Simple

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Michelle
captain of 1,000

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is Simple

Post by Michelle »

Thomas S. Monson is the Lord's prophet today.
The First Presidency and Apostles are also prophets, seers, and revelators.
It is proposed that we sustain Thomas Spencer Monson as prophet, seer, and revelator and President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Henry Bennion Eyring as First Counselor in the First Presidency; and Dieter Friedrich Uchtdorf as Second Counselor in the First Presidency.

Those in favor may manifest it.

Those opposed, if any, may manifest it.

It is proposed that we sustain Russell M. Nelson as President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles and the following as members of that quorum: Russell M. Nelson, Dallin H. Oaks, M. Russell Ballard, Robert D. Hales, Jeffrey R. Holland, David A. Bednar, Quentin L. Cook, D. Todd Christofferson, Neil L. Andersen, Ronald A. Rasband, Gary E. Stevenson, and Dale G. Renlund.

Those in favor, please manifest it.

Any opposed may so indicate.

It is proposed that we sustain the counselors in the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles as prophets, seers, and revelators.

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... s?lang=eng
Revelation for the Church comes through the prophet. There is safety in following the prophet.
Amos 3:7 Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.
There is no other name under heaven whereby man may be saved but Jesus Christ. The scriptures are true. (The Bible as far as it is translated correctly.)
Acts 4:10-12
10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
2 Nephi 31:20-21
20 Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.
21 And now, behold, my beloved brethren, this is the way; and there is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God. And now, behold, this is the doctrine of Christ, and the only and true doctrine of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, which is one God, without end. Amen.
Mosiah 4:7-8
7 I say, that this is the man who receiveth salvation, through the atonement which was prepared from the foundation of the world for all mankind, which ever were since the fall of Adam, or who are, or who ever shall be, even unto the end of the world.
8 And this is the means whereby salvation cometh. And there is none other salvation save this which hath been spoken of; neither are there any conditions whereby man can be saved except the conditions which I have told you.
We must listen to the voice of the Lord in the words of the prophets, the scriptures and the Holy Ghost.
Doctrine and Covenants 1:38-39

38 What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same.

39 For behold, and lo, the Lord is God, and the Spirit beareth record, and the record is true, and the truth abideth forever and ever. Amen.
When we seek to find the Father's will outside of his approved sources (prophet, scriptures, Spirit) we will be deceived. Secondary sources like commentaries, books, even compilations of quotes from true sources are NOT primary sources and may be taken out of context. If we listen to other voices long enough, they will become familiar to us and we will begin to mistake them for the Lords true voice.
Doctrine and Covenants 50:1-9
1 Hearken, O ye elders of my church, and give ear to the voice of the living God; and attend to the words of wisdom which shall be given unto you, according as ye have asked and are agreed as touching the church, and the spirits which have gone abroad in the earth.

2 Behold, verily I say unto you, that there are many spirits which are false spirits, which have gone forth in the earth, deceiving the world.

3 And also Satan hath sought to deceive you, that he might overthrow you.

4 Behold, I, the Lord, have looked upon you, and have seen abominations in the church that profess my name.

5 But blessed are they who are faithful and endure, whether in life or in death, for they shall inherit eternal life.

6 But wo unto them that are deceivers and hypocrites, for, thus saith the Lord, I will bring them to judgment.

7 Behold, verily I say unto you, there are hypocrites among you, who have deceived some, which has given the adversary power; but behold such shall be reclaimed;

8 But the hypocrites shall be detected and shall be cut off, either in life or in death, even as I will; and wo unto them who are cut off from my church, for the same are overcome of the world.

9 Wherefore, let every man beware lest he do that which is not in truth and righteousness before me.
With all the speculation and false doctrine sometimes floated on this site, I just wanted to reiterate: this is my testimony. I do not want to be counted among those who engage in hypocrisy and deceit.

I appreciate very much the testimonies on this site of those who also believe in the simple and pure doctrine of the restored gospel. Your posts have uplifted and edified me.

Michelle

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Re: The Gospel of Jesus Christ is Simple

Post by Arenera »

Great post Michelle.